School

Pinkbullet3

I start two days after my birthday. Well, I guess 3. My birthday's the 21st, I start the 24th. Late August birthdays can really be lame. Especially when your parents put you in school a year early so you're about 2 years younger than the kids in your grade.

Or, in some cases, up to five years ...

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also found out it's £19 to apply to uni next year - scamming little [cabbage].

It's about 50-75 dollars here. Be happy.

I don't know if I'm excited about it or not.

You should be. It'll be fun and new. But let me tell you: this year will suck balls, especially compared to how awesome the rest of high school will be. Enjoy it as best you can.

yeah, nobody likes freshman, you just gotta suck it up and wait until your older.

i start this coming monday, august 17th. gonna be a senior!!!!!class of 2010!!!!!!w00000000!!!

ill be really active this year, gonna be at all the senior events. its gonna be so sick.

im getting my schedule today, will post when i get it.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

I start two days after my birthday. Well, I guess 3. My birthday's the 21st, I start the 24th. Late August birthdays can really be lame. Especially when your parents put you in school a year early so you're about 2 years younger than the kids in your grade.

Or, in some cases, up to five years ...

Duuuuuude why are you only 2 days older than me...? (Seriously, what's with all the people starting on each others' birthdays? I don't think anyone's said they're starting on mine yet though)

I'm fine with being one of the youngest in my grade. It's a nice excuse for when you suck at things, and it makes bragging even better when you're good.

The first day is really sneaking up on some of you, isn't it? It's going to sneak up on me too...But I have 3 weeks left. :thumbup:

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I can't wait for the icebreaker activities that all my teachers will have planned. -.- Ugh, I'm not here to learn the name of every student, I'm here to learn.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I'm hoping to double major in Studio Art and Creative Writing.

I'm guessing studio art is a focus on photography, right?

Well studio art can be drawing, painting, photography, etc. It's just the practical art classes rather than art history or something. I will be focusing on drawing.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I just graduated so I won't be going to school next year, but for those of you who are going - good luck. The budget cuts really impacted our school big time last year. They couldn't pay for substitute teachers. If your teacher was absent, you went to the auditorium along with all the other classes with absent teachers so it would get extremely crowded - and on top of that, it was supervised by only two adults. It was a circus in there. I can't imagine how bad things will get if schools lose even more funding than that.

I just graduated so I won't be going to school next year, but for those of you who are going - good luck. The budget cuts really impacted our school big time last year. They couldn't pay for substitute teachers. If your teacher was absent, you went to the auditorium along with all the other classes with absent teachers so it would get extremely crowded - and on top of that, it was supervised by only two adults. It was a circus in there. I can't imagine how bad things will get if schools lose even more funding than that.

We were in a similar situation last year (and probably will be this year). We're building a new building - I think I mentioned that - and it's ridiculously expensive, I think it's going to be the most expensive public high school in Massachusetts. Anyway, this meant we had to cut substitute teachers, but it really wasn't that bad. If your teacher wasn't there and they couldn't find a sub, you had to go to the cafeteria and sign in. Freshmen were supposed to stay in the cafe, but no actually did, most ran off. Whenever I had a cancelled class, I would go to the computer lab and play random games or even come on here. :P

So for us, a cancelled class equaled a free block. And everyone loves free blocks. ;)

I just realized I'm kind of excited that I'll have actual frees this year. The way my schedule used to be (before I had to add drafting and switch around a few other courses), on Tuesday I was going to be able to leave at 11:30, opposed to 2:30. ::' (I think I still have a free last block though, so at least I'll get out an hour early)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I start uni around the beginning of October, so i've got a few months left of nothing-ness.

I really wish i could go back to secondary school, looking back on it, it was so much fun and much more free than you think at the time.

this guy is speaking the truth!

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

May I suggest something to those of you under the age of 18? Tell your parents that for next year, get the damn shots and physicals done with the doctor BEFORE August instead of trying to come in all within two weeks of school starting.

Thanks,

The medical community.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I start uni around the beginning of October, so i've got a few months left of nothing-ness.

I really wish i could go back to secondary school, looking back on it, it was so much fun and much more free than you think at the time.

College (uni) gives you a lot of free time as a freshman.

May I suggest something to those of you under the age of 18? Tell your parents that for next year, get the damn shots and physicals done with the doctor BEFORE August instead of trying to come in all within two weeks of school starting.

Thanks,

The medical community.

I constantly nagged my parents to make my appointments in the middle of June or July but they wouldn't budge from their August appointments due to insurance. I just had my physical and had a menengitus (can't spell that) shot Monday. Now I'm set for the year and with the shot set for college as well.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

When does your school start?: School starts on August 26th for me.

Are you looking forward to the new school year?: Well its my first year of high school, so I am looking forward to it a bit. I just know [cabbage] is going to be harder

now, especially with honors courses. Oh, and for my 2nd semester schedule I have "Beginning strength and conditioning", right after lunch -.-

What changes compared to last school year do you plan on making?: Since I'm out of Middle school, I'm going to try harder in my classes now.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

School usually starts September 7th for me. I tried to get my schedule today, but we needed a pink slip that came in the mail that didn't come, so we went to the registration office and we needed to bring my utility bill, which we threw out. Why do you need that for school anyway? Going into 8th grade \'

I live in California so i guess they are trying to cut down on the illegal immigrants -.-

Senior prank idea: Cages of hamsters in principal's office \'

There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side.

RS BILLYMAYS.png

I'm not exactly sure when school starts for me :shock: but we always get a letter reminding us when registration is and what to bring, so I'll just wait on that. I'll be a senior this year, so pretty much all my leisure time will be halved, and then halved again so that I can focus on school. Ughh, I hate growing up :(

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Ill be a freshman at this huge [wagon] HS, im coming from a smallish school of about 200 kids. But im ready to get outa that hell hole :lol: Im on there cross country team wich is new to me.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

I start on the 18th. We get laptops this year. Already went through registration. When I went in the librarian recognized me and called me by name (that's how often i'm in there) I'll be a senor this year.

In the french system, I'm entering high school (for the french it starts in the 10th grade. They also count backwards, go figure), and I get to go wherever I want at lunch as long as I'm back in school in time. I don't have music (YES!), art (YES!), technology (better than math I guess. I get to be better than my teacher with computers...), and I'm starting Cinematography (most likely won't be as fancy as you think) and Economic and Social sciences (teacher's cool I heard). A lot of people changing schools this year, but I heard a lot of new people are coming too, so I'm crossing my fingers for them to be cool.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

In the french system, I'm entering high school (for the french it starts in the 10th grade. They also count backwards, go figure), and I get to go wherever I want at lunch as long as I'm back in school in time. I don't have music (YES!), art (YES!), technology (better than math I guess. I get to be better than my teacher with computers...), and I'm starting Cinematography (most likely won't be as fancy as you think) and Economic and Social sciences (teacher's cool I heard). A lot of people changing schools this year, but I heard a lot of new people are coming too, so I'm crossing my fingers for them to be cool.

So you're going to be "troisieme" or "3e" instead of 10th grade?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Wow Americans go back early, i don't start till mid September.

It's different for every school :P I live in California and I don't start until September 24th.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog