Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

School

• Please log in to reply
778 replies to this topic

The Runar
[ Display Name History ]

The Runar

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,343 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:The Runar
  • RSN '07:Old Runar
So much stuff to do, and so little time... :ohnoes:

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Such is life. :(
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

Zygimantas
[ Display Name History ]

Zygimantas

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Such is life. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008
99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009
99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010
99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

justcallmedaddy
[ Display Name History ]

justcallmedaddy

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

ElkNight
[ Display Name History ]

ElkNight

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,323 posts

Regarding scheduling for next year, does Physics use a [cabbage] load of math? If so, how difficul is the math? (I assume no harder than Algebra 2)

Yes. A [cabbage] ton of math. Honestly IB physics is harder than my IB math class.
Take that as you will.
Posted Image
WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME
#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

das1330
[ Display Name History ]

das1330

Awesome

• Members
  • 2,239 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Regarding scheduling for next year, does Physics use a [cabbage] load of math? If so, how difficul is the math? (I assume no harder than Algebra 2)

<ramble>Has anyone else schedules classes for next year, this early? This was my last time ever making a schedule for high school, which deeply saddens me. Ha I remember in eighth grade....me receiving my easy ass freshman schedule. </Ramble>.

Depends on the physics class you are taking. Regular old high school physics requires some rudimentary calculus, while upper level classes can get substantially more complicated. Generally speaking however yes, physics is rather math heavy.

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
I'd say it's more memorizing formulas and knowing when and how to apply them. With physics, you need a lot of practice with the formulas and how to manipulate them.

:thumbup:
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
Totally depends on the type of physics.

I'm taking a dynamics course that is essentially applied calculus, but in high school everything was simplified (linear, constant acceleration, etc). Don't think I actually had to use real calculus at all during high school physics. Maybe for a few position/velocity/acceleration with respect to time questions.

fastortoise
[ Display Name History ]

fastortoise

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,141 posts
Is anyone else on these forums doing research?? I know warri0r was trying to way back when and probably got a spot [he was a smart dude that one], and I'm the only other person who I know has done/is doing research.

Anyways, it's all fun and games until you have to present in front of your lab. I'm now in a position where I need to know EVERYTHING about a single enzyme which sounds simple enough in theory but I've witnessed graduate students with 5x the knowledge I have get completely owned by the professor I'm working under. I think I was less stressed when I was chased through the city by 3 huge dudes (okay it was only for like 2 blocks but still).

Also, if anyone is interested in doing research (university) then I'd be more than happy to answer any questions. I've been through the hoops and back :mrgreen:
Posted Image

ElkNight
[ Display Name History ]

ElkNight

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,323 posts
Warri0r needs to come back.
Posted Image
WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME
#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
I don't know how I feel about doing research.
I'd like to complete a master's degree eventually (in engineering) but I'm not sure if I want to do M. Eng. (coursework based, no research) or M.S (research/thesis based).

I'm doing fairly well in school, I just don't know if I can see myself doing independent research or not.

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:dizzle229
So I spent two months and a good portion of my own time reading Red Storm Rising as a school assignment. It took two months because it's 720+ pages long and small print, not something I can really do often, but I wanted to set a challenge for myself. I was pretty proud when I got the thing done in time.

Today I was told by the teacher that, because very few other students read the books they chose, we have to pick a new book and do a new report. Including me.

Because others didn't do their work, my effort was wasted. :wall:
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Zygimantas
[ Display Name History ]

Zygimantas

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

So I spent two months and a good portion of my own time reading Red Storm Rising as a school assignment. It took two months because it's 720+ pages long and small print, not something I can really do often, but I wanted to set a challenge for myself. I was pretty proud when I got the thing done in time.

Today I was told by the teacher that, because very few other students read the books they chose, we have to pick a new book and do a new report. Including me.

You achieved your goal nonetheless. Congratulations :D
99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008
99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009
99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010
99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

Why would you have to do a new report? Why can't you just keep writing the one you did for that book if you haven't turned anything in yet?

That just seems like [developmentally delayed]ed teaching to me.

justcallmedaddy
[ Display Name History ]

justcallmedaddy

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
Im back to school after break tomorrow :/ not looking forward to it, as I still have chem homework and some english homework to do.

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts

Is anyone else on these forums doing research?? I know warri0r was trying to way back when and probably got a spot [he was a smart dude that one], and I'm the only other person who I know has done/is doing research.

Anyways, it's all fun and games until you have to present in front of your lab. I'm now in a position where I need to know EVERYTHING about a single enzyme which sounds simple enough in theory but I've witnessed graduate students with 5x the knowledge I have get completely owned by the professor I'm working under. I think I was less stressed when I was chased through the city by 3 huge dudes (okay it was only for like 2 blocks but still).

Also, if anyone is interested in doing research (university) then I'd be more than happy to answer any questions. I've been through the hoops and back :mrgreen:

I've done some research with the doppler effect in relationship to sound. Presenting in general is a headache as to how well it can be used.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts
  • RSN:Armyman19
So I officially accepted to go to San Francisco State starting in the Fall :)

Just 30-something more days of high school! A week of that being "sitting-in-the-gym-doing-jack [cabbage] -while-underclassmen-do-state-testing". I've been able to get in a lot of Pokemon during school sice classes have become essentially nothing. Funny thing is in every class there's multiple people that playPosted Image

das1330
[ Display Name History ]

das1330

Awesome

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

I've done some research with the doppler effect in relationship to sound. Presenting in general is a headache as to how well it can be used.

Presenting is one of the best parts of doing science research. I'm flying out to London in a few weeks for a conference and i'm looking foreward to the presentation above everything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users