School

Pinkbullet3

The UK system isn't weird. Regarding subject choices:

From Primary school until your 3rd year (in general) of secondary school you just do a load of subjects given to you, but then you drop some subjects and only do the ones you're going to do GCSE in. After 2 years of GCSEs, you go to 6th Form College and do the first part of 4 A level subjects you pick (or BTEC or Applied A level or whatever) then in your second year of 6th Form you might drop one of them and do the second half of the A levels. Then you go to University. I really don't get all this AP rubbish I hear Americans coming out with.

Anyway I get my results for my first half of my A levels (AS) on Thursday. I'm not worried about them at all. I also think I'm not going to drop any, unless I fail one. I'm doing Psychology (probably get a B or C), Sociology (B, though I might have screwed up the test), ICT (A), and English Literature (A). I was going to drop English Lit but if I get a good grade in it, it might be worth keeping going with it.

AP= Advanced placement. Speaks for itself.

Not really. =/

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Primary school until your 3rd year (in general) of secondary school you just do a load of subjects given to you, but then you drop some subjects and only do the ones you're going to do GCSE in. After 2 years of GCSEs, you go to 6th Form College and do the first part of 4 A level subjects you pick (or BTEC or Applied A level or whatever) then in your second year of 6th Form you might drop one of them and do the second half of the A levels. Then you go to University. I really don't get all this AP rubbish I hear Americans coming out with.

Anyway I get my results for my first half of my A levels (AS) on Thursday. I'm not worried about them at all. I also think I'm not going to drop any, unless I fail one. I'm doing Psychology (probably get a B or C), Sociology (B, though I might have screwed up the test), ICT (A), and English Literature (A). I was going to drop English Lit but if I get a good grade in it, it might be worth keeping going with it.

Not really. =/

If you want to make your brain and physical body suffer, get AP classes.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Not really. =/

If you want to make your brain and physical body suffer, get AP classes.

Not really, my AP psychology class was a breeze. :|

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

Starts on Sept 9 for me, junior this year so I really can't wait for it to be over with already...

Think my classes are AP Bio, AP Calc AB, AP Spanish, Physics, Brit Lit, US History II and other stuff. Don't think 3 APs are overkill for junior year, compared to some people I know which are taking like 5-6...

First year of University for me, will be doing IT & Communicationscience for 3 years. Registrations open up tomorrow and the school year officially starts next Monday. I'm pretty excited. Feels nice to have the next 3 years planned out for me now; won't have to worry about anything other than doing my school work. The last 2 years have been the complete opposite: uncertain and bumpy to say the least.

2009rb9.jpg

I got my schedule today, I really like it although I'm sure my friends won't have one even close to it. I also have two teachers from last year that love me :lol:

[hide=I bet you care.]Blue days I have: Journalism - World History Pre-AP - Independent Studies English (Academic Octathlon) - Lunch - Community Applications (I think either health or speech) - Algebra 2 Pre-AP (With my math teacher from last year, who loves me in a hating way). Looks like this will be my easy day, and I bet it'll go by quick.

Red days (I always have them harder and longer! Damn...) Theater Arts 2 (Bright and early in the morning. Me and my theater teacher have a funny friendship) - Chemistry Pre-AP - English 2 Pre-AP - Video Tech (this one is interesting. It's duel credit, and I thought it was only in the spring, so it really surprised me.) - Spanish 2 Pre-AP.[/hide]

Pretty neat schedule. I'll be a sophomore.

My school's days are similar to yours. We have Red and White days (our school colors) with 4 blocks each day. Lunch is during 3rd hour, where we get 30 minutes at various times. We get a 30 minute late start on Wednesdays.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I'm starting September 2nd. I really hope all the people who left last year are replaced by cool guys/girls.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Haha, I just realized red and blue are our school colors. That explains it. We go from 8:30 to 4:00, every day, though. Other activities excluded (very few people actually get there between 8 and 8:30, very few leave before 4:30 or 5:00).

And it's communications applications. I make terrible guesses.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

My school go's from 730 - 1438. We get a 6 minute passing time between each block, which is more than enough time for me, though some people complain that it isn't enough time. :? Lunch is going to be 35 minutes long. Hopefully they will have the projection TV turned on to CNN instead of ESPN like they did all of last year. -.-

I've got 3 AP courses lined up. AP American History was easy last year, I managed a 4 on the exam, which was what I was shooting for. Getting a 4 is a garuanteed A in the class, but that didn't affect me since I already had an A. :XD: This year I have AP European History, AP Chemistry, and AP English Language. I was thinking about changing Psychology to AP Psychology, but I'm thinking against it now. I only have 2 easy classes, with Psych being one of them, so taking it away and adding another AP class will probably kill me come April/May.

I was gonna take AP, but they didn't have English, only World History (I hate the teacher, had her last year) and some wierd classes. So I'm good with Pre.

Also, comments on your school: 7:30 starting time sucks, but at least you're out by 2:40. Crappy lunch, although ours is 40 minutes total, so with trying to get across the street and back, we probably have as much as you. We have 5 minute passing periods, and YOU HAVE A TV? Maaaaaaaaaan. Plus, ESPN is better than biased news being shoveled into ignorant kids.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I was gonna take AP, but they didn't have English, only World History (I hate the teacher, had her last year) and some wierd classes. So I'm good with Pre.

Also, comments on your school: 7:30 starting time sucks, but at least you're out by 2:40. Crappy lunch, although ours is 40 minutes total, so with trying to get across the street and back, we probably have as much as you. We have 5 minute passing periods, and YOU HAVE A TV? Maaaaaaaaaan. Plus, ESPN is better than biased news being shoveled into ignorant kids.

Meh, I'll take biased news over sports anyday. Atleast it's something more interesting than sports. But the guy who controls the T.V. is the athletics director so I doubt he will change it from ESPN. Plus, half the time the captions arn't even on so you can't really pay attention anyways. I remember during our freshmen year they would be movies on it. Nothing really good, just G and PG rated movies. It was nice watching President Obama's inaguration earlier this year during lunch.

With most schools starting sometime near the end of August/early September, our summer is slowly (or quickly) drawing to an end.

When does your school start? Are you looking forward to the new school year? What changes compared to last school year do you plan on making? Senior prank ideas (heh)?

(I start August 19th; registration is tomorrow and I'll be a high school senior :twss: . Class of 2010 ftw! Definitely gotta cut down on RS time this year. :( )

I also start on the 19th, and I'm also in the class of 2010!

(I hope...)

thpikachu.gif

archsupportei2.png

Ugh, my school is initiating a lanyard system. We have to wear one at all times from now on. We also have a card system, where there are 3 levels. Platinum is highest, then Gold, then Red. With a Platinum card you get to leave school a couple minutes early, which is great to avoid the rush and to get ready for cross country practice, you get to roam the halls during late start, and you get to travel without a pass. Gold can travel without a pass during homeroom and roam the halls, while Red Cards get nothing. I'll be recieving my Platinum card within a week. :thumbup:

I'm excited and scared at the same time lol. I starte college in 1 week so im kinda stressing lol. Im hoping everything goes smooth my first week =D> . Ahh, I feel worse than when I was in middle school getting ready for high school lol :mrgreen:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

Ugh, my school is initiating a lanyard system. We have to wear one at all times from now on. We also have a card system, where there are 3 levels. Platinum is highest, then Gold, then Red. With a Platinum card you get to leave school a couple minutes early, which is great to avoid the rush and to get ready for cross country practice, you get to roam the halls during late start, and you get to travel without a pass. Gold can travel without a pass during homeroom and roam the halls, while Red Cards get nothing. I'll be recieving my Platinum card within a week. :thumbup:

We have to wear lanyards as well. But no special types likes you have. But barely anyone wears theirs anyway, I know I don't.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

You better as hell not be in high school.

I can understand a meager rewards system for kids... but if you're in high school you might want to question your school's opinion of yours and your peers' maturity.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

We have a card system at our sixth form. You get a larnyard to put it on with *collegeabbreviationhere* student, but I changed it for a funky one with smiley faces. The card is just for security reasons. The campus in my town is brand new, and they decided they would need more security when putting a campus in my town (not shocking really.) You have to swipe it over a sensor to get upstairs where the classrooms and libraries are. It's pretty cool (you don't know how exciting it was at first :lol: ) but you get your [wagon] raped by the security guard if you don't have it, even once. They send an angry letter home and sometimes won't even let you in college. I forgot mine once but the security guard at the door was distracted chasing a dog :lol:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

That sounds seriously [bleep]ed.

Order your platinum card now and recieve, no not one, but yes, two amazing deals. That's right folks for the low low price of $19.95 you'll recieve exclusive benefits of using the lifts and as well as our complementary water bubbler perk.

ORDER NOW !

Like I said. [bleep]ed.

For some reason I picture the Red card having a Charmander on it, the Gold one with [garden tool]-Oh, and Platinum with Giratina.

Man, I gotta stop playing Pokémon. But, I must catch 'em all.

OT - I start school on the 24th. 8th grade. I got my lit/lang arts teacher from 6th grade again. We gonna put on plays and make movies based on short stories. And maybe start the classroom magazine again. And apparently, 8th graders won't have to wear uniforms and can wear hats in class. I am so wearing my Pikachu hat. Or just dress as Red. Either way I'll get beaten up.

Probably not, we all like Pokémon at the school.