School

Pinkbullet3

Bleh, I've got C lunch everyday because they rearranged the band classes. I actually have to eat breakfast now...

And I knew pre-AP courses were supposed to have more work but why the hell are we doing projects in the first week of school? That's just annoyng.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh, I've got C lunch everyday because they rearranged the band classes. I actually have to eat breakfast now...

And I knew pre-AP courses were supposed to have more work but why the hell are we doing projects in the first week of school? That's just annoyng.

I've already gotten my big semester project in AP Language. We have to pick a person that interests us and write two different types of papers, along with a journal, which should be 26 pages long. I chose Buzz Aldrin as my subject.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

A few days ago I emptied out my binders from last year. there were three in all; one had papers from one class, one had papers from the other two classes I had on those days, and one had papers from three classes. I neglected to weight the one and three class binders, but the papers in the two class binder alone weighed 8 pounds. There could definitely have been >20 lbs of paper in my recycling bucket, and it felt like it.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Speaking of paper, I've spent the past few days pondering on how much paper we could save if students were able to use some kind of tablet laptop (the ones where you can write on the screen). Of course, I understand how expensive and troublesome it would be to give 3,000+ students in my school all laptops, but the thing is, I have math homework everyday, and each day takes up nearly an entire sheet of looseleaf. And to count in all the handouts and whatnot that we get from teachers... we're killing a lot of trees.

Obviously, it's not a new problem, and I know many schools have already implemented giving laptops to students, but just imagine if we could all send in homework electronically. Please take this idea lightly.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Just found out that my university isn't offering me a place in accommodation due to what they say oversubscribing so know I've got to try and find my own place to live :wall: :wall: :shame:

9fade1.png

9fade1.png

9FADE1.png

9fade1.png

Speaking of paper, I've spent the past few days pondering on how much paper we could save if students were able to use some kind of tablet laptop (the ones where you can write on the screen). Of course, I understand how expensive and troublesome it would be to give 3,000+ students in my school all laptops, but the thing is, I have math homework everyday, and each day takes up nearly an entire sheet of looseleaf. And to count in all the handouts and whatnot that we get from teachers... we're killing a lot of trees.

Obviously, it's not a new problem, and I know many schools have already implemented giving laptops to students, but just imagine if we could all send in homework electronically. Please take this idea lightly.

A ton of paper (2,000 pounds. Think about how much paper weighs) would "save" about 17 trees. Which would be harvested or die anyways. Your IDEAS ARE FUTILE THE TREES SHALL BURN WAHAHAH

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

So my friend theorized (more like heard from his sister) that we could figure out what section we were in from the list of courses that were sent to us a while back.

If he's correct, then it looks like I have English, history and chem with two, if not three, of my good friends. :thumbup:

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Got my schedule today, AP Bio, Physics, US History 2, AP Calc AB, AP Spanish, Brit Lit. Gonna be a busy/painful year with no electives :(
Spanish isn't an elective? :?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

You're required to take two years of foreign language (generally Spanish, my school has French and Latin as well though, and I'm sure wealthier schools have more) in high school here in Texas, so it isn't really an elective for us - probably like that in other states.

At least I probably won't have to take anything near spanish in college since I'm taking 3 years instead of 2. :thumbup:

My school requires two years of a foreign language to graduate. I'm currently in Spanish 4, and it is a dual credit course so I'm getting a community college credit for taking it in high school.

Not much to say besides my classes this year:

AP U.S. History, Honors Precalculus, Honors Spanish 4, AP Language and Composition, Debate, Physics, (and possibly introduction to Mandarin)

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Got my schedule today, AP Bio, Physics, US History 2, AP Calc AB, AP Spanish, Brit Lit. Gonna be a busy/painful year with no electives :(

Yeah, it's 2 years but most people take at least 3 and it looks like they're boosting it up to 3 too. I might just take up another language senior year for the hell of it.

Foreign Languages should really be taught in elementary school. I can 100% garuntee that I will forget everything I know about Spanish within a few years of leaving high school. Teaching it in high school is too ineffective.

Yeah, it's 2 years but most people take at least 3 and it looks like they're boosting it up to 3 too. I might just take up another language senior year for the hell of it.

Is it 2 years of 45 min classes? Cause I'm taking blocks of Spanish 1 and 2 this year ( 90 min classes), so I might be done after this year :D

I've taken Spanish since 7th grade (7th and 8th grade are counted as Spanish 1) and now I'm in Spanish 5 (12th grade), but my Spanish knowledge is about as good as a person taking Spanish 2. -.-

Either it's my problem, or it's the way they're teaching. I really thing we need more exposure to fluent Spanish speakers rather than just Americans with some degree in education and Spanish. I should head to my local Chipotle more often.

:twss:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I've taken Spanish since 7th grade (7th and 8th grade are counted as Spanish 1) and now I'm in Spanish 5 (12th grade), but my Spanish knowledge is about as good as a person taking Spanish 2. -.-

Either it's my problem, or it's the way they're teaching. I really thing we need more exposure to fluent Spanish speakers rather than just Americans with some degree in education and Spanish. I should head to my local Chipotle more often.

:twss:

My teacher was born in Mexico, he has a very strong accent. Sometimes, it is hard to understand him I rather just have an American teach me :-#

All of the Spanish teachers at my school are at least very closely related to Mexico, my teacher last year was born in Costa Rica, but my teacher this year was born in El Paso about a year after her parents immigrated (legally). I'm not sure about the other teachers.

Of course, none of my English teachers were born in England. And the Latin teacher certainly wasn't born in Latinia.

Sometimes I feel like I should go to bed to keep from talking. It gets me in trouble.

Not much to say besides my classes this year:

AP U.S. History, Honors Precalculus, Honors Spanish 4, AP Language and Composition, Debate, Physics, (and possibly introduction to Mandarin)

Whoa, that's almost exactly what I could be taking o.O

AP U.S. History - I'm taking normal U.S. History intead.

Honors Precalculus - My school calls it Functions Analytical Geometry, but it's pretty much Precalc. I'm taking Trigonometry instead - last year I took Algebra 2/Trig which is basically a hybrid class where they stuff all of Algebra two into the first the quarters then cram one semester of Trigonometry into the last quarter. So I'm already going to know the entire first semester of this class :P I could be taking precalc, but my grade wasn't high enough - I'd need to have had an average of 87 or higher in Alggebra 2/Trig :\

Honors Spanish 4 - My school only requires 3 years, which I just finished last year. So instead of taking the optional Spanish 4 I'm taking IT Computer Graphics 1.

AP Language and Composition - Yup, taking this one. :P

Debate - Nope, taking IT Multimedia 1

Physics - Yup, taking this one too.

And I'm taking music theory, since my school has seven blocks.

wl7w9j.png

My Spanish 1 and 2 teacher both spent a year in Mexico under a student program and were exposed to alot of spanish speaking and culture.

Anyway, we get schedules monday. Thurs and friday was student oreination. Which seniors didnt have to do. So i basiclly just slept the entire time.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

My last concentration course is Linear Algebra and it's fantastically easy. There's something about linear functions that just clicks in my head, and there's a really cute girl in my lectures that I'm already starting to reel in. When she walked in during our third lecture she was hesitating back and forth up the rows, trying to decide where to sit, when I said "you must be very bad at Frogger". She's been sitting with me since, even though she has a friend in our class... Now I'm just going to impress her with my math skills until she can't take it anymore :lol:

hiccup.png

All of the Spanish teachers at my school are at least very closely related to Mexico, my teacher last year was born in Costa Rica, but my teacher this year was born in El Paso about a year after her parents immigrated (legally). I'm not sure about the other teachers.

Of course, none of my English teachers were born in England. And the Latin teacher certainly wasn't born in Latinia.

Sometimes I feel like I should go to bed to keep from talking. It gets me in trouble.

I didn't know you took Latin :o ?

Lol , my Latin teacher keeps talking over and over about how Americans pronounce Latin words XD

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Nah, I just spent a lot of time in that class with my friends last year. The teacher was almost always gone. I don't remember why I went there, though. Had some fun times all the same.