Muse - The Resistance

Shiny

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has this album been leaked yet? :P

Just checked their tour dates and they're pretty close to me but alas, I do not have the money :(

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Nope. The closest thing anyone's getting to a leak is the live stream that starts this week, and then the album's coming out in seven days. Warner really did a good job this time o.O

EDIT:

[yt]GLKAktg9yIY[/yt]

:3!

EDIT 2: The Resistance has been leaked. [No illegal content. - SilverSword]

I've only listened to Uprising, Undisclosed Desires, United States of Eurasia, and Unnatural Selection since those are the songs I've already listened to. I'll leave the others for the surprise when I get the CD next week!

Nope, caved in. Exogenesis was a disappointment for me; the tempo is way too slow. It sounds like a real grower though. The rest of the album is crazy though; this easily tops all of their other albums. Even Origin of Symmetry.

wl7w9j.png

Sale started at work today, so I played it for the biggest part of the day. It's pretty good if you ask me. Especially Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra are good. :thumbup:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

This album HAS been leaked both unfortunately and fortunately. I will definitely be buying this first thing in the morning on Monday! I've listened to it twice over already and I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm not promoting piracy here I just think it's a good idea for bands to beat pirates to the punch and stream their albums on their homepages a week in advance so people get a taste of it without being tempted to download it and not buy the album.

Zaataar.png

I got my hand on this album yesterday, and listened to the whole thing. I really don't like any other Muse's other albums, but I thought I'd listen to this anyway. I really liked it, and thought that it was a big step in the right direction away from their previous albums.

Just one question, what's with United States of Eurasia sounding just like Bohemian Rhapsody?

This album HAS been leaked both unfortunately and fortunately. I will definitely be buying this first thing in the morning on Monday! I've listened to it twice over already and I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm not promoting piracy here I just think it's a good idea for bands to beat pirates to the punch and stream their albums on their homepages a week in advance so people get a taste of it without being tempted to download it and not buy the album.

Leaked? The album is *out* in about half of the world.

koen9qy.png

Maybe you should listen a little better then. :) The Resistance sounds a lot different than their previous record(s). This also goes for Coldplay by the way, where Viva la Vida is completely different than X&Y (which was impossible to get through, btw), just as X&Y was different to Parachutes and that other record. Sure, you can hear that it's Muse or Coldplay, and I'm not saying anything about the quality of the groups, but you can't really say that their sound doesn't go through any kind of development.

21o4pav.jpg

Maybe you should listen a little better then. :) The Resistance sounds a lot different than their previous record(s). This also goes for Coldplay by the way, where Viva la Vida is completely different than X&Y (which was impossible to get through, btw), just as X&Y was different to Parachutes and that other record. Sure, you can hear that it's Muse or Coldplay, and I'm not saying anything about the quality of the groups, but you can't really say that their sound doesn't go through any kind of development.

21o4pav.jpg

Maybe I should. I honestly didn't listen very closely but every time I hear a song from The Resistance it remains me of Black Holes so I just kinda zone it out.

X&Y sucked I deleted it off my computer after one listen through. The thing with Coldplay is that like all there songs follow a sort of template. Its like the Coldplay template of success. ha. Parachutes is the only album of theirs that I will go back and listen to every couple of months or so.

tFtfA.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I hate Muse.... and Queen...

Only song I like is Time is Running Out.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

To recap what I said before:

I was expecting awesome riffs and stuff. Was sorely disappointed with the fancy effect things ):

Still a pretty good album but I wouldn't say the best :B

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢