Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What movie(s) did you last see?

• Please log in to reply
6808 replies to this topic

indy500fan
[ Display Name History ]

indy500fan

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,216 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Pi - Same director as requiem for a dream, and this movie is just as good as it is. its about a mathematician that goes/is crazy. great movie.

Vanilla Sky - good movie with tom cruise as the main actor, so thats one plus already :lol: . cant really say much about it so i dont ruin it, except that it is also a great movie.

Rushmore - wes anderson directed this movie, and it is just as good as the other three.

generic Arnold Schwarzenegger movie - cant remember the title, but it had him shooting a lot of guns and killing people. he was kicked out of the fbi for something (missed that part), and someone offers to get him back in if he infiltrates the chicago mafia (at least i think it was chicago). enertaining, but dont go out of your way to get it (just watch it on TV).

American Beauty - i liked the ending, and the movie was pretty good. i really liked it until the bag blowing in the wind thing, after that it seemed like a movie that was different just to say that it was different, not because it should be different (that may not make sense, but i know what im thinking, jsut dont know how to say it). it was still a good movie, just wasnt a great movie.
Posted Image
Posted Image

logic-is-overrated
[ Display Name History ]

logic-is-overrated

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,065 posts
Spun, Requiem for a Dream, and Snatch. All downloaded of course since I've never seen any of them and I don't pay to be suprised. Snatch is my new favorite movie now-unmatched dialogue in both wit, originality and humour in my opinion.
This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

weezcake
[ Display Name History ]

weezcake

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,069 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:weezcake
Last movie I saw was Cry Wolf. I played the AOL game, wanted to see it, won some advance screening tickets, and then saw it for free.

I loved the movie, but a lot of people hated it. :(

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Rizla
[ Display Name History ]

Rizla

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Spun, Requiem for a Dream, and Snatch. All downloaded of course since I've never seen any of them and I don't pay to be suprised. Snatch is my new favorite movie now-unmatched dialogue in both wit, originality and humour in my opinion.

Spun is a cracking film, it's just filmed in such a great way, and the characters are really convincing. Mickey Rourke's small monologue in the 'adult' shop had me cracking up, wish i could quote it here....

I agree with you on Snatch, too. One of my favourite films ever, i have it on DVD and must have seen it 20 times at least.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Pete_the_Viscous
[ Display Name History ]

Pete_the_Viscous

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
The last film I saw was Cube Zero, prequel to Cube. If anyone out there hasn't seen Cube, watch it right now: it's fantastic.

Slight spoiler alert -- don't worry, though, it won't ruin it for you if you have yet to see it.

Basically, it's about this futuristic cube prison/dungeon, and how a group of people try to get out of it. The thing itself is a giant cube shaped structure -- think giant rubik's cube -- made of little cube shaped rooms. Each room has a door/hatch in each of the walls, the floor and the ceiling. A large number of the rooms are also trapped.

The prisoners wake up scattered around the cube, and start trying doors -- each door leads to the adjacent room -- and of course some of them walk unknowlingly into rooms that are trapped. A group of them meet up and try to escape together, throwing their boots into rooms to test whether or not they're trapped. It's pretty bloody, but, though it's classed as a horror film, I wouldn't say it's at all scary.

One of the interesting things about the film is that a lot of characters die. I didn't guess which character was going to be the one that survived -- I could tell it was going to end up with just one of them alive, however -- until pretty near the end. It's rather like a good old fashioned "character death real"* game, such as Nethack, where everything seems much more dangerous than usual.

Anyway, I really recomend it to anyone wanting something fun/exciting to watch.

Wow, I just noticed that there's another film, Cube 2: Hypercube. I'd better watch that. It was made in between the two I've mentioned...

*one can save the game, but if the character dies, the save is wiped. Makes things much more interesting and intense.

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts

Pi - Same director as requiem for a dream, and this movie is just as good as it is. its about a mathematician that goes/is crazy. great movie.

Yes, Pi indeed is very good. Though often misunderstood by people who like math and so, they really go on about mathematical flaws and so. But the movie really isn't about math, lol. It's just the first layer of the movie.

Also, I still want to see Rushmore, and the Royal Tenenbaums too! But I can't get them here! :cry: The Life Aquatic was amazing!

I also agree on American Beaty, not that the movie was different after that scene. But that scene was just a bit too much. Tried too hard to be intelectuel and interesting, and the scene is super hyper overrated too (you know, all those people that "ooh that scene is so beautiful..."). I didn't like that, but apart from that it was really great.

I really liked the first cube, I haven't seen the others, because I was afraid they'd ruin the whole thing. But I've heard others say it was good too, so I might need to try it now. :P
Posted Image
Signature by Maurice Sendak
When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

xXru1n3dXx
[ Display Name History ]

xXru1n3dXx

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,915 posts
Well on monday I saw Red Eye.

*Semi spoiler* A little boring at the start, but turned out to be pretty kewl, with rocket launchers and pen's in necks :P

Augsback
[ Display Name History ]

Augsback

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 378 posts
DVD - I watched The Italian Job for about the 25th time, it's a movie that you can watch over and over again just like Oceans Eleven. :P

knives669
[ Display Name History ]

knives669

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,697 posts
The last movie I went to a theater to see was Red Eye. The movie about the girl who meets a man on a plane and it turns out, he's trying to kill her father. I honestly thought the movie would be HORRIBLE. But, it turned out to be one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. It had a nice suspenseful element to it that I really enjoyed.
Posted Image

magekillr
[ Display Name History ]

magekillr

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,536 posts
last movie i saw?

went to the movies with a girl i fancy

we saw "Lord of War"--

it was supposedely based on current events...starred Nicholas Cage

it was very interesting...

i might include details later :P

heilo2003
[ Display Name History ]

heilo2003

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts
the last movie i watched was the blue brothers. they have a lot of good music in that one like "stand by your man" "rawhide" and others i really liked that blind black guy i'd be scared too if a blind man shot at me. but the blue brothers is a very funny movie but... i was not pleased when jake took off his glasses! out

Snooooopy
[ Display Name History ]

Snooooopy

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 130 posts
Last movies i watched were

Blow

Snatch

Half Baked- when i was baked :P
Trupimp (Banned 03')

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
Watched Shaun of the Dead again last night with my little cousins lol (8 and 11) i think they were a bit scared in places hehe but they seemed to enjoy it.

Then i watched 2001 last night at my mates house with a few bevvies ^_^

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
Dogma

After 10 times still great. Supurb job of Alan Rickman and Matt Damon, even Afleck is pretty decent. And I love the witty jokes linked to other movies.

8/10
Posted Image

Mr_Putter
[ Display Name History ]

Mr_Putter

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
I watched Donnie Darko and the big Lebowski. Donnie Darko was good...Mostly because it's like the funniest movie I've ever seen. It had pretty good story and all that. Pretty good movie. And I also watched The Big Lebowski, it was...Meh...And I rented On the Waterfront for Wednesday afternoon.
Posted Image

my_pet_worm
[ Display Name History ]

my_pet_worm

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,153 posts
movies = wallace & Gormit. Was way better than I expected, 9/10

indy500fan
[ Display Name History ]

indy500fan

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,216 posts

I watched Donnie Darko and the big Lebowski. Donnie Darko was good...Mostly because it's like the funniest movie I've ever seen. It had pretty good story and all that. Pretty good movie. And I also watched The Big Lebowski, it was...Meh...And I rented On the Waterfront for Wednesday afternoon.

donnie darko made it to my number 1 movie, i like it pretty well :D thought the same about the big lebowski, its just meh.. ok . its unique in the way the coen brothers other films (o brother where art thou, fargo are the ones ive seen) are though, and they are meh... ok also :lol: . kinda like them, but kinda just... meh.

movies = wallace & Gormit. Was way better than I expected, 9/10

i remember watching the 2 or 3 episodes (at least i think there were only that many) a long, long time ago in a galaxy far far away. seriously though, i liked em when i watched them, i dont know if id like it anymore. does bring back memories though :D

just finished another movie: A Few Good Men. bought it because it was cheap, and im getting all of tom cruise's films. going to wait till later to get this one, not a big fan of the court room stuff or of demi moore. but she was ok in this movie. story: two people charged with murder, cruise has to defend them. pretty simple, a few twists and turns but nothing really all that suprising. at first i was disapointed with jack nicholson's charachter, not exactly his performance, and he fit the part, i dont know it just didnt work the way it does for him in the other films. after: "you cant handle the truth" he seemed better though, might just have been that line. disapointed to see kevin bacon in it, but i got over that quick. cruise gave his normal performance in his own way. nothing outstanding about the film, pretty cliched moments and story, if its on tv id say watch it instead of something else. its usually pretty cheap, so its not too bad to buy it.

EDIT: forgot, just over the weekend i watched Twelve Monkeys for the second time. didnt seem nearly as complicated, in fact i wonder why i thought it was complicated the first time i saw it. still, its a great movie, and i like the ending 8) (i wrote that in my other reviews, didnt i :lol: ). bruce willis was really good in it, just like in pulp fiction and sin city. overall, great movie.
Posted Image
Posted Image

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
Err. Donnie Darko the funiest movie you have ever seen? That sounds a bit weird, if you ask me. :? And the Big Lebowski, a bit meh? :? The Big Lebowski is like one of the funniest Coen movies out there, with such amazing acting, nice camerwork, great soundtrack and so on. :shock:

Going to see Broken Flowers tongight at Film by the Sea troughout the year. Film by the Sea is a semi big/big movies festival in the Netherlands and they also arrange pre-premiers (Broken Flowers will be released 25th of November in the Netherlands) of mostly less big movies. I love Bill Murray's last comedy movies, so I think I'm going to enjoy this one too!

Review will be up tonight, I think. :)

Haven't seen anything yesterday
Posted Image

Mr_Putter
[ Display Name History ]

Mr_Putter

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Err. Donnie Darko the funiest movie you have ever seen? That sounds a bit weird, if you ask me. :? And the Big Lebowski, a bit meh? :? The Big Lebowski is like one of the funniest Coen movies out there, with such amazing acting, nice camerwork, great soundtrack and so on. :shock:

Donnie Darko was way funnier than The Big Lebowski...There was that fat guy in the red jump suit watching them and smoking...And then there was that religeos woman teacher who he told to...And then the whole thing with Jim Cunningham and the kid was worried about her step-sisters eating habits, and the step-sister was there in the crowd. Not to mention that hilarious fat Chinese girl with ear muffs. Maybe I have a wierd sence of humor, but I laughed more in that movie than almost every comedy I've seen in the last year.
Posted Image

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
Sure, the movie has some funny moments, but the movie itself isn't funny. If you think it was then I think you kind of missed it, to be honest. And the Chinese girl isn't really funny. What is your theory on the movie by the way?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users