Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What movie(s) did you last see?

• Please log in to reply
6808 replies to this topic

Mr_Putter
[ Display Name History ]

Mr_Putter

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Sure, the movie has some funny moments, but the movie itself isn't funny. If you think it was then I think you kind of missed it, to be honest. And the Chinese girl isn't really funny. What is your theory on the movie by the way?

On which? I have lots of theories on lots of things.
Posted Image

unknownmasterofnothing
[ Display Name History ]

unknownmasterofnothing

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,956 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Last ones i've seen is

legend of dragon,

shaolin soccer,

Kung-fu soccer,

god of cookery,

doesn't take a genius to see the trend here :)
Posted Image

logic-is-overrated
[ Display Name History ]

logic-is-overrated

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,065 posts

Err. Donnie Darko the funiest movie you have ever seen? That sounds a bit weird, if you ask me. :? And the Big Lebowski, a bit meh? :? The Big Lebowski is like one of the funniest Coen movies out there, with such amazing acting, nice camerwork, great soundtrack and so on. :shock:

Donnie Darko was way funnier than The Big Lebowski.

That is pure blasphemy. The Dude is simply one of the greatest movie characters of all time.
This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

KnightLite
[ Display Name History ]

KnightLite

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,583 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mr Helmut
  • RSN2:Tydas
  • RSN '07:Mr Helmut
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
last movie i saw in theatres was Dukes of Hazard, which i recommend if you feel like white trash :)

Also saw War of the Worlds which was pretty decent, and stealth which I actually tried to get my money back from

Btw if you havent' seen The Longest Yard you haven't lived life to it's potential :lol:
- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2
Posted Image

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts

Sure, the movie has some funny moments, but the movie itself isn't funny. If you think it was then I think you kind of missed it, to be honest. And the Chinese girl isn't really funny. What is your theory on the movie by the way?

On which? I have lots of theories on lots of things.

Tell 'em all. :wink:
Posted Image
Signature by Maurice Sendak
When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
I saw Broken Flowers last night at Film bye the Sea troughout the year. Another comedie starring Bill Murray, now he's somewhat older he seems to be at the best part of his career. He has got this typical expressions, I even think he's funier when he doesn't say anything. :P

Anyway, Broken Flower starts with a pretty decent cast, however everything around Bill Murray is just small roles. We've got Bill Murray, Sharon Stone, Jeffrey Wright and Julie Delpy. So that's not too bad.

Spoiler

Here's something about the story:

Movie starts with Bull Murray being dumped by his girlfriend, she leaves the house with the Volkswagen (funny how she didn't take the Mercedes. :P ). Before she left the house there is a pink letter posted. It's from an ex-girlfriend who got pregnant from him 20 years ago and got 19 year old son who is looking for him, however she didn't tell him anything about his adress or appearances AND she didn't signature the letter nor was there an adres of her on it. He vissits his neighbour Winston (Jeffrey Wright) who is obsessed with detectives, forensics etc. (He read the letter at Winston's place btw, his ex didn't read the letter), and he sets up an investigation ( :P ) to find out who got pregnant and who the mother is. Don (Bill Murray) doesn't want to participate in it really, but in the end he does. He puts up a list of exes that could have a 19 year old son of him. Winston looks up personal information about Don's ex-girlfriends and tells Don to go look for them.

End Spoiler

Well, what follows is a good fun road movie, with some bizarre and hillarious happenings, with a "High Fidelity" like base. The movie is also stuffed with all kind of references to other movies, most clear one is the homage to Stanley Kubrick with his part that's obvious a modern version of Lolita, then there are some other things, for example the way his dreams are being filmed, obviously used from the way things are done in "Gladtiator (which probably used it from something else too). Kind of funny how Bill Murray plays a character of a man who may or may not have a son.

Not as bizarre or visually beautiful as "The Life Aquatic" and not as beautiful as "Lost in Translation", but certainly a good comedy, with smart and subtile humor and one very beautiful moment. Worth your money and time, go see it.
Posted Image

Haneet
[ Display Name History ]

Haneet

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 112 posts
Just saw Land Of The Dead. Has no meaning what-so-ever at all, but it's really funny. I think it was OK, not the best though.

Stemman9000
[ Display Name History ]

Stemman9000

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 130 posts
I watched Dawn Of The Dead yesterday afternoon, and the like 40 minute extras this afternoon...

GOD i love that movie, especially the extras cuz it gives you the background info after you watch it and i love apolocliptic(sp?) movies!

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It

I watched Dawn Of The Dead yesterday afternoon, and the like 40 minute extras this afternoon...

GOD i love that movie, especially the extras cuz it gives you the background info after you watch it and i love apolocliptic(sp?) movies!

Which version? I watched both the 78 and 2004 versions last week ^_^

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

xyrec
[ Display Name History ]

xyrec

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 326 posts
Would you say that dawn of the dead is better than the resident evil movies?

The most recently that I watched a movie I hadn't seen before was Star Wars Episode III so it's been a while. The last movie I watched though was the matrix. I somehow ended up watching the second one before it. Probably tomorrow I'll watch the third one. I've seen all of them before though, just reruns for me.

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
Since I am sick I saw quite a few movies yesterday:

Posted Image

One Upon a Time in the West

Best western ever made, imo. Awesome music, perfect camerawork and ofcourse the simple but great view on good and evil. :)

9/10

Posted Image

Fargo

Fargo, good comedy-thriller, good and funny characters. Got to love the dialogue and dialect. Not open for everybody, but hey, it's a Coen brothers movie.

8/10

Posted Image

Europa

Europa, good early Von Trier movie from his "Europa" trilogy. Great atmosphere and worked out in a unique way, like always.

8/10

Posted Image

Big Fish

Great fantasy, some people call it too much fantasy and then they say Lord of the Rings (just an example) is a great movie or something like that. I think that people don't like it because Big Fish doesn't have enough fantasy. Anyway, the movie is great, a lot of fantasy but leaves enough space for an own interpertation (sp?), good acting, lovely characters and a sentimental ending. What would you want more on a sundayafternoon?

**Warning** the screencap from the movie Saw contains quite some blood/gore! If you don't think you can handle that and get nightmares, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK TO THE PICTURE.

Saw

Saw

Less interesting if you see it a 2nd time, but still pretty good, finally something 'new' in the thriller genre, however most of it is just blatantly stolen. Nice concept, maybe they could've got a little bit more out of it. But James Wan did a great job for his real directing debut and they shot in 28 days(!), where all of the Bathroom scenes were shot in 6 days.

7.5/10

Posted Image

Nóz w wodzie

A Knife in the Water is the English working title, first feature length Polanski and one of his better ones too, and a subject that you would see in later films such as Cul-de-sac and Death and the Maiden. Nice ‘n’ simple settings but very well done. Great camerawork and acting.

7.8/10

Posted Image

The Shining

One of the best horror films I ever saw. Typical kubrick.

8.5/10

What I saw today.

Posted Image

Back to the Future and Back to the Future II

Both very enjoyable, even after a zillion times. Part I a little bit more enjoyable than part II. Fav. Scenes the Johny B. Goode scene from BTTF-I and the Hooverboard scene from BBTF-II.

Both 7.5 out of 10.

Posted Image

Gouttes d'eau sur pierres brûlantes

Pretty good Ozon movie. A little bit weird, but we like that. Great character development, awesome cinematography, and of course the more than lovely Ludivine Sagnier (Swimming Pool, 8 femmes). Don't watch if you're a homophobic.

Still to watch today:

Posted Image

And:

Posted Image

And maybe something extra tonight...I love being sick, lol.
Posted Image

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
Easy on the films Daan, im gonna give you a slap if you keep saying "aww but i only saw this film 5 days ago" when i wanna watch something :(

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts

Easy on the films Daan, im gonna give you a slap if you keep saying "aww but i only saw this film 5 days ago" when i wanna watch something :(

End of the day I'll be around 14 or 15 movies in the last two days. :P Don't worry, I don't really care if I need to see a certain movie two times a week, I'll survive. :P And there's plenty to choose from if you take a couple with you too next week. :wink:
Posted Image

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
Yay. i might bring 2 or 3 ones that you havnt seen for ya.

The Thing, Troma's War, Basketball Diaries... :D

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

____
[ Display Name History ]

____

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10,000 posts

Gouttes d'eau sur pierres brûlantes

Very good film that :)

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
Posted Image

"Good bye Lenin!"

Great movie with a nice view on the former East of Germany. Does a great job at catching a certain moment in time. Very funny, sometimes sad and brings a subtile message. A must see for everybodies whos movie interest goes further than "Pirates of the Carribbean" and "Eurotrip" .
Posted Image

Fraleish
[ Display Name History ]

Fraleish

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 226 posts
last film i saw was hotel rwanda and saw. i really like hotel rwanda because it shows of the suffering that goes on in other countries and how lucky we are. also saw is just fantastic and such a great original idea. 10/10

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
Saw is far from original...Oh, if you liked Hotel Rwanda you might want to try and get your hands on "Shooting Dogs", which is also a movie about the genocide. It is a kind of unknown English release from this year, it's far superior to Hotel Rwanda. It is so raw and unpolished, this is the non-hollywood version of Hotel Rwanda. I saw it at the Film by the Sea Festival which was I think the third showing after premiere in Rwanda and show at Toronto festival, one of the writers was there too for Q&A. :)
Posted Image

Mr_Putter
[ Display Name History ]

Mr_Putter

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Fargo

Fargo, good comedy-thriller, good and funny characters. Got to love the dialogue and dialect. Not open for everybody, but hey, it's a Coen brothers movie.

8/10

Heh, that's what I watched last now too. It was on the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network...Which I didn't know existed, but the movie was uncut and had minimal commercials.

Yeah, it was quite a smart movie. It managed to give me lots of different feelings because it would go from disgust or shock one second, to happy or laughing in the next minute. It was really good, top 100 material.
Posted Image

paul_wilson
[ Display Name History ]

paul_wilson

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 296 posts
Last movie i went to see was Serenity

Very cool movie, i really enjoyed it. I dont wanna risk spoiling it for ya so just go and see it! :P
Posted Image
First and only pixel thinger I made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users