What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Since I am sick I saw quite a few movies yesterday:

ouatitw6am.jpg

One Upon a Time in the West

Best western ever made, imo. Awesome music, perfect camerawork and ofcourse the simple but great view on good and evil. :)

9/10

fargo4ie.jpg

Fargo

Fargo, good comedy-thriller, good and funny characters. Got to love the dialogue and dialect. Not open for everybody, but hey, it's a Coen brothers movie.

8/10

europa7nx.jpg

Europa

Europa, good early Von Trier movie from his "Europa" trilogy. Great atmosphere and worked out in a unique way, like always.

8/10

bigfish27nr.jpg

Big Fish

Great fantasy, some people call it too much fantasy and then they say Lord of the Rings (just an example) is a great movie or something like that. I think that people don't like it because Big Fish doesn't have enough fantasy. Anyway, the movie is great, a lot of fantasy but leaves enough space for an own interpertation (sp?), good acting, lovely characters and a sentimental ending. What would you want more on a sundayafternoon?

**Warning** the screencap from the movie Saw contains quite some blood/gore! If you don't think you can handle that and get nightmares, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK TO THE PICTURE.

Saw

Saw

Less interesting if you see it a 2nd time, but still pretty good, finally something 'new' in the thriller genre, however most of it is just blatantly stolen. Nice concept, maybe they could've got a little bit more out of it. But James Wan did a great job for his real directing debut and they shot in 28 days(!), where all of the Bathroom scenes were shot in 6 days.

7.5/10

aknifeinthewater7pf.jpg

NÃÆÃâÃâóz w wodzie

A Knife in the Water is the English working title, first feature length Polanski and one of his better ones too, and a subject that you would see in later films such as Cul-de-sac and Death and the Maiden. Nice ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃânÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ simple settings but very well done. Great camerawork and acting.

7.8/10

theshining5ms.jpg

The Shining

One of the best horror films I ever saw. Typical kubrick.

8.5/10

What I saw today.

bttf3xf.jpg

Back to the Future and Back to the Future II

Both very enjoyable, even after a zillion times. Part I a little bit more enjoyable than part II. Fav. Scenes the Johny B. Goode scene from BTTF-I and the Hooverboard scene from BBTF-II.

Both 7.5 out of 10.

goutes6sj.jpg

Gouttes d'eau sur pierres brÃÆÃâÃâûlantes

Pretty good Ozon movie. A little bit weird, but we like that. Great character development, awesome cinematography, and of course the more than lovely Ludivine Sagnier (Swimming Pool, 8 femmes). Don't watch if you're a homophobic.

Still to watch today:

goodbyelenin8oa.jpg

And:

bttfiii3va.png

And maybe something extra tonight...I love being sick, lol.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Easy on the films Daan, im gonna give you a slap if you keep saying "aww but i only saw this film 5 days ago" when i wanna watch something :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Easy on the films Daan, im gonna give you a slap if you keep saying "aww but i only saw this film 5 days ago" when i wanna watch something :(

End of the day I'll be around 14 or 15 movies in the last two days. :P Don't worry, I don't really care if I need to see a certain movie two times a week, I'll survive. :P And there's plenty to choose from if you take a couple with you too next week. :wink:

21o4pav.jpg

Yay. i might bring 2 or 3 ones that you havnt seen for ya.

The Thing, Troma's War, Basketball Diaries... :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

goodbyelenin2fb.jpg

"Good bye Lenin!"

Great movie with a nice view on the former East of Germany. Does a great job at catching a certain moment in time. Very funny, sometimes sad and brings a subtile message. A must see for everybodies whos movie interest goes further than "Pirates of the Carribbean" and "Eurotrip" .

21o4pav.jpg

last film i saw was hotel rwanda and saw. i really like hotel rwanda because it shows of the suffering that goes on in other countries and how lucky we are. also saw is just fantastic and such a great original idea. 10/10

cheesebap7dz.jpg

Saw is far from original...Oh, if you liked Hotel Rwanda you might want to try and get your hands on "Shooting Dogs", which is also a movie about the genocide. It is a kind of unknown English release from this year, it's far superior to Hotel Rwanda. It is so raw and unpolished, this is the non-hollywood version of Hotel Rwanda. I saw it at the Film by the Sea Festival which was I think the third showing after premiere in Rwanda and show at Toronto festival, one of the writers was there too for Q&A. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Fargo

Fargo, good comedy-thriller, good and funny characters. Got to love the dialogue and dialect. Not open for everybody, but hey, it's a Coen brothers movie.

8/10

Heh, that's what I watched last now too. It was on the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network...Which I didn't know existed, but the movie was uncut and had minimal commercials.

Yeah, it was quite a smart movie. It managed to give me lots of different feelings because it would go from disgust or shock one second, to happy or laughing in the next minute. It was really good, top 100 material.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

i didnt think fargo was all that great. didnt think it was bad either. thought it was different, luckily not the different just to be different type of movie, it was just different. it was ok. like the coen brothers other films ive seen, it was different and you have to give them props for that. and they were all ok.

last movie i saw was leon - the proffessional. i dont know if i had seen it yet when we made the lists for the contest, but if i had it definently would have been at my number 2 all time favorite movie. it is kind of odd though that i thought it lost a lot of its greatness the second time i watched it. usually movies are not quite as good the second time, but this one seemed to drop a little more than usual the second time. still my numebr 2 movie though :D . i would have liked to see a little more a** kicking at the end though, although that may have taken away from the realism of it. maybe there are some deleted scenes extras on the dvd, that would be cool. i really liked this movie :D

EDIT: just finished kingdom of heaven a few minutes ago. didnt really think highly of it. i hadnt seen it and i didnt know what it was about but i could guess pretty much everything that would happen. no suspense, the big, glorious, epic battles just arent anything special anymore, the romance part was so cliched it wasnt even funny, pretty much like the rest of the movie. thought the queen girl looked alright, id still take helen from troy though :lol: im not a bloom fan but i dont dislike him either, he just didnt quite fit the part. i was using winamps 5 second skip through a lot of parts, all the sudden the queen didnt have long hair, did i miss something? it really annoyed me when he was mass knighting people and he singled out a young servant. i mean geez, could it have been more cliched? i have to chage from not thinking highly of it to hating it. basically a waste of time.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

yesterday i bought the kingdom of heaven deluxe edition.

dunno why but the best movies are definetly them historical war movies, gotta lov em! :shock:

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

I saw Braveheart a week ago

Braveheart = extremely gorey movie.

Severed limbs everywhere :shock:

Viewer discretion advised :)

lmfao, if u think braveheart is gorey, then ur not really familiar with the whole movie world are ya :D :roll:

Medical Doctor-2018?

dunno why but the best movies are definetly them historical war movies, gotta lov em! :shock:

...Why would you do that. I watched that movie last night, it was not very good at all. It was soooo boring, had a really poor and poorly paced story, Orlando Bloom gave his worst preformance I've ever seen (which is pretty damn bad). He said like 3 words for the first half hour, and he didn't change his facial expression like ever. And after the first ten minutes he didn't really seem to care or mention that he'd gone to Jerusalem to make up for his sins, he just killed like eleventy billion guys there. And it's not like Terminator where saying a few words was cool, it was just horrible. Horrible acting and script for the main charecter. The only thing keeping it form being horrible was decent acting and the occassional epic battle.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I just saw The Fog. It's alright, kind of a mix between horror and ghost/pirates. If you like Pirates of the Carribbean and scary movies you should definitly go see it.

...Even though the guy from Smallsville is in it. :roll:

......And the girl from Lost. :roll:

^Both suck acting wise but are okay in this movie^

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

yeah, she is pretty hot. just read something about her in usa today weekend or whatever it is (comes in the newspaper). apperantly she is smart and shy. who would have guessed? has the looks of a dumb blonde, and has mentality of someone who is not a dumb blonde? count me in 8)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

yeah, she is pretty hot. just read something about her in usa today weekend or whatever it is (comes in the newspaper). apperantly she is smart and shy. who would have guessed? has the looks of a dumb blonde, and has mentality of someone who is not a dumb blonde? count me in 8)

Well...there is another hot girl in it....Hawt....er

Lets just leave it at that.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

...Why would you do that. I watched that movie last night, it was not very good at all. It was soooo boring, had a really poor and poorly paced story, Orlando Bloom gave his worst preformance I've ever seen (which is pretty damn bad). He said like 3 words for the first half hour, and he didn't change his facial expression like ever. And after the first ten minutes he didn't really seem to care or mention that he'd gone to Jerusalem to make up for his sins, he just killed like eleventy billion guys there. And it's not like Terminator where saying a few words was cool, it was just horrible. Horrible acting and script for the main charecter. The only thing keeping it form being horrible was decent acting and the occassional epic battle.

read my 2nd sentence, i know some people just cant read long posts, but come on, 2 sentences?

Medical Doctor-2018?

rand.jpeg

Me and Daan watched Zombiegore last night and then Troma's War this morning. B movies > * :D

06-08-05_notafraiddarwin3.jpg

troma? *thinks for a moment.. ahah!* does that have anything to do with the troma team that did cannibal the musical? cause that movie is hillarious.

Well...there is another hot girl in it....Hawt....er

Lets just leave it at that.

in lost or in the fog? cause there definently is a hotter girl in lost (evangeline lilly aka kate). havent seen the fog so i dont know any from there.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

How2PK Mode. :P

Matt is still sleeping, so I figured I could do some posting.

We wanted to go to the small theater with alternative movies last night, but we were both tired so we decided to stay home and consome some of my own movies.

1. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou was the first movie we saw last night, it was my 2nd time, Matt's 1st time. I still thought it was a great movie and Matt also thought itwas a great movie.

IMDB: 7.3

Daan: 8.0

Matt: 8.0

2. Saw was the 2nd movie. Kind of an apetizer for the last movie of the night. I saw it last week and one time before so it was my third time and therefore a bit less impressive. Matt liked it a lot, it scared at some moments and that was something not a lot of movies do to him anymore. :P

IMDB: 7.5

Daan: 7.0

Matt: 6.5

3. The Thing was suposed to be the third and last movie of the night. We started it at 23:00 and it was going quite nice, I didn't see the movie and was enjoying it a lot. Then suddendly at 00:00 I heard an extra sound effect that shouldn't be there; I heard somebody snorring. So I look to my right and I see Matt, lying in bed, mouth open, eyes closed snorring his behind off. sleepey.gif I gave him another 15 minutes, but he didn't stop snorring, so I turned of the movie and suddendly he wakes up saying "Did you think I was sleeping?". :P But then he asked if we could turn off and continue today, so that's prolly what we'll do. spinsmile.gif

IMDB: 7.9

Daan: Not finished yet

Matt: Notfinished yet

See you guys later!

edit: pfffft @ daan :( added my ratings lol - Matt

21o4pav.jpg

I last saw 'Serenity' in theatres

I liked it since I had seen some of the old Firefly episodes and kinda knew what was happening in the movie ;)

8.7/10

Aand I saw Johnny Mnemonic on Starz or something while staying in a hotel this past week :lol: I mean....its a good concept.....but they ruined it with the Keanu choice...

7.2/10

J272 :D

After Matt woke up I decided he needs to see why I am in love with Scarlett Johansson, so we watched Lost in Translation, I think it was the 10th time I saw it and Matt's first time. I still love it and Matt thought it was great too! :) We're going to see Middelburg this afternoon and we're having taco's for dinner! 8) And Amsterdam tomorrow! Woo-yay!

21o4pav.jpg

My rating for Lost in Translationis 9/10. The imdb only gives is 7.9 which i think is much too low.

Its a romantic comedy film but its quite different to any others that I have seen. BillMurray puts in one of his best evwer performances into this film and it really pays off. The concept is so great and the story is something I can really appreciate right now with me being an English person currently in Holland lol without the falling in love with Daan part tho ^_^

I dont really want to talk much more about this film but I really urge you to all go and see it, its not just some "run of the mill" chick flick and when i get back home to england I think i mioght buy it for myself. :D

- Matt

21o4pav.jpg