What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Wooo, early today! Going to see Hannibal and Necro today, but of course we saw some movies last night!

We start with:

1. Paths of Glory at the start which is a rather heavy movie, controversial for its time and revolutionary for it's camerawork at some points. Doesn't take too long and has got a fast pace.

IMDB: 8.5

Daan: 9.0

Matt: 9.0 - Theres a reason why its #40 on imdb :D Really enjoyed this

2. Cube nice and clean, simple story but worked out good. It's kind of low budget but that doesn't really matter. After three times still pretty interesting.

IMDB: 7.4

Daan: 7.5

Matt: 7.0 - Clever film and the low budget didnt bother me, some of the acting was a bit bland but overall it was pretty good ^_^

3. Collateral good action movie, nice characters and good development. Nice dialogue, doesn't get boring. Very good choreography for Vincent (Cruise) and good camerawork. Not your average hollywood-action flick.

IMDB: 7.7

Daan: 8.0

Matt: 8.0 - Excellent action film, loved Cruise's character and did feel slightly sad for him when he died. Brilliant viewing.

Don't know if we'll see any tonight. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Oh yea, we saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas before dinner yesterday, I forgot to add that one. Still a pretty weird trip, it went quite fast this time, usually I get bored of it around 40 minutes, but this time it went good! I think Matt liked it too... :P

IMDB: 7.3

Daan: 7.0

Matt: 7.5 - Hilarious tripping movie, loved it. reminded me of Sherrif Jim Burnell (Private rizla joke)

21o4pav.jpg

I last saw 'Serenity' in theatres

I liked it since I had seen some of the old Firefly episodes and kinda knew what was happening in the movie Wink

8.7/10

i heard about that movie, the ctrl alt del guy said it was good. ive heard it was good from other people also. ill have to see it sometime.

man i feel like an idiot, i didnt know kubrick directed any other movies than the 8 in his dvd collection thing that i have. learn something new everyday :D

collateral has tom cruise, and ive liked every movie of his ive seen. if i had to pick out a favorite actor, it would probably be tom cruise. he was good in this movie

fear and loathing in las vegas, definently an interesting movie. sometimes it moved kinda slow, and thats probably why i thought it lasted so long. but i did like it pretty well, depp i thought was a good choice for his part.

no point in mentioning these bats, i thought. poor b*&$%#@ will see them soon enough.

i love that line :P

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

[man i feel like an idiot, i didnt know kubrick directed any other movies than the 8 in his dvd collection thing that i have. learn something new everyday :D

Hehe, he's got Killers Kiss, Spartacus, Dr. Strangelove: Or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, Paths of Glory and The Killing too, theyre are not in the collection :wink:

21o4pav.jpg

Hehe, he's got Killers Kiss, Spartacus, Dr. Strangelove: Or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, Paths of Glory and The Killing too, theyre are not in the collection :wink:

dr strangelove is in mine, every movie he directed after and including lolita (which is also a very good movie). i wonder if there is another 7 movie set with his first 7 films. that would be cool, but i dont see it on my normal movie website i buy from.

EDIT: dvdempire.com listed the collection i have as the "new stanely kubrick collection", but i couldnt find the old one anywhere.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

loved Cruise's character and did feel slightly sad for him when he died.

spoiler!!!!!!!

:DD::

but thats fine since ive seen it : )

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

dr strangelove is in mine, every movie he directed after and including lolita (which is also a very good movie). i wonder if there is another 7 movie set with his first 7 films. that would be cool, but i dont see it on my normal movie website i buy from.

EDIT: dvdempire.com listed the collection i have as the "new stanely kubrick collection", but i couldnt find the old one anywhere.

Ah, okay, here in Holland it hasn't got that one in it. It has got 7 (Lolita, 2001, Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and Eyes Wide SHut) and a documentary about Kubrick. But does the new collection has the same cover like the old collection too? Otherwise I might just get Dr. Strangelove that version too. I also need to get the documentary since I bought everything loose. :( I see now that the Kubrick collection on play has got Dr. Strangelove, but hasn't got Full Metal Jacket...You've got that one? Or a totally different one? :P

[edit] PLay.com was vague, it does have FMJ in it. :? Only 40 pounds...I might get that collection later and sell my loose coppies.

21o4pav.jpg

ooh, bussy day today. :D

we just saw Adaptation

and we're going for t3h real marathon today.

2. SalÃÆÃâÃâò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma

3. Akira

4. Barry Lyndon

5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

6. Repulsion

7. O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Gonna be a long day of movie watchin' today. :P

21o4pav.jpg

gl on that 1, almost made me stop watching it :S

I didn't think it was that rough the first time, this was the 2nd time. I don't think it is a real good movie, it's quite interesting though.

Here's what Matt thinks about it:

Well this was the first time I had seen the move, I went into it totally non opinionated. I knew of the story but hadnt really heard much abnout it, certainly had never read any reviews about it. It was a clever film, obviously very controversial even to this day. It is still banned in Australia i belive. I did find some of the film a bit shocking for shock value, and didn't really add to the film apart from discust factor. Its one of those films you really have to have seen at least once, but its not one of Daan's dvd's ill be purchasing for myself :P

21o4pav.jpg

We Were Soldiers

Easily the best Vietnam war film i have ever seen, and i've seen a few. The acting is bang on on all sides, the depiction accurate, showing not only the front, but the home front with the wives of the soldiers, with a particularly touching seen where the wives are delivering telegrams to other wives to say their husband had died. Some of the scenes are horrific, it's one of the few Vietnam war films that shows it as it was, the brutality and the attitudes. HIGHLY recommended. I particularly love the quote "we are moving into the valley of the shadow of death." Touching stuff.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I saw We Were Soldiers with my dad (A Vietnam Vet) and he....enjoyed it, but didnt think it was the MOOST acurate film in the world....but thats also Holywood in there :?

J272

I thought it was good though, still nothing spectacular, but good nonetheless....

I saw We Were Soldiers with my dad (A Vietnam Vet) and he....enjoyed it, but didnt think it was the MOOST acurate film in the world....but thats also Holywood in there :?

J272

I thought it was good though, still nothing spectacular, but good nonetheless....

Yeah that's interesting, the IMDB review was by a guy who went with a Vietnam Vet, and according to him it's the most accurate film he's seen of it, however no film can ever entirely convey the horrors as war, but as Hollywood war films go, i think it's a gem.

ooh, bussy day today. :D

we just saw Adaptation

and we're going for t3h real marathon today.

2. SalÃÆÃâÃâò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma

3. Akira

4. Barry Lyndon

5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

6. Repulsion

7. O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Gonna be a long day of movie watchin' today. :P

We kind of swapped around a bit yesterday. We removed Barry Lyndon, Repulsion and O Brother Where Art Thou from the list and added "The Fifth Element" and "South Park, Bigger, Longer & Uncut" I think I fell asleep during South Park, since I was pretty tired, don't know if Matt finished it. :P

21o4pav.jpg

*about the box set*

yeah, this is the one i got, and the site i got it from. 8 movies+documentary, havent watched the documentary yet. not a bad deal, usually that site is cheap on dvds, only sells region 1 though.

We Were Soldiers

didnt seem like anything new to me. just the same stuff done in hundreds of other nam movies, just with new graphics and a slightly different story line.

daan and matts movie marathon

adaptation was wonderful, just like being john malkovich (same director, and writer i think). ive always kinda liked nick cage but after this movie i liked him a lot more (cant wait to see the weather man :D )

barry lyndon was slow, but i kinda liked watching a movie set in that time period and that type of movie done by a director i really like. it reminded me of movies like pride and prejudice, and sense and sensibility, but not exactly. i guess its just the time period they are in. anyways, good movie, and i think probably the only PG rated movie that has nudity in it (if for only a few seconds)

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind didnt rub me the right way, i just wasnt a big fan. dont know really what to say about it, except i didnt really like it.

o brother, where art thou?; talked about this one in the other movie threads (maybe even this one? cant remember) but it was ok

south park, bigger, longer & uncut was pretty hilarious, as are all the southparks. new season started yesterday, that was awesome seeing a new episode of lost and then switching over and seeing a new south park. and it was a funny one too :D

into the blue (heh, not quoting anything, just felt like keeping everything seperate)

into the blue was what i like to call a "hollywood movie". not all pure hollywood movies are bad, they are generally just the same thing with slightly better special effects. this movie was no exception, im not going to say it was bad but is just a watch once thing. jessica alba was definently hot in it, and thats pretty much what made me call the movie not bad. she was hot, and in a bikini for the majority of the movie. nothing happened you couldnt have guessed 20 minutes before it happens by just watching the previews and paying a little bit of attention to the movie. but it wasnt a bad movie, but not good enough to be considered an ok movie. jessica alba is hot.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Saw "Flight Plan" with Jodie Foster

recommend not seeing unless u like her or suspense films

i though it was going to be a psychological film where the viewer has to piece together clues but turned out to be almost the exact film as "Panic Room"

5 out of 10

recommend not seeing unless u like her or suspense films

i though it was going to be a psychological film where the viewer has to piece together clues but turned out to be almost the exact film as "Panic Room"

5 out of 10

ye i was gonna see that, but in a TV-newspaper that i read, the whole plot was told!!!

im so f-ing mad now! :evil:

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

Oh, I'm surprised you didn't like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Indyfan which is also written by Charlie Kaufman, but directed by Michael Gondry who's careerpath is very similiar to [bleep]e Jonze his career.

21o4pav.jpg

Oh, I'm surprised you didn't like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Indyfan which is also written by Charlie Kaufman, but directed by Michael Gondry who's careerpath is very similiar to [bleep]e Jonze his career.

I really enjoyed that film, although i find it got slightly hard to follow towards the end. I thought it was a great piece of acting from Jim Carrey though, nice to see him in a different role to his norm.

quote="assassin_696"]I really enjoyed that film, although i find it got slightly hard to follow towards the end. I thought it was a great piece of acting from Jim Carrey though, nice to see him in a different role to his norm.

In the end everything revealed itself, too bad you couldn't follow it. :(

Anyway, we wanted to see it on wednesday, but we scrapped it for another movie.

Barry Lyndon. The movie follows the path of a young Irishman who is on the run for the law after he killed an English officer in a duel. Storywise this isn't one of my fav. Kubricks, to keep it very simple: Scarface, but then set in the 18th century, and of course it is better than Scarface. But visually, wow, just a big wow (I did enjoy it more than the first time). With every shot you just keep wondering how he did it, it just looks like you are watching a moving painting, everything is just perfect and therefore you wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t notice the long running time of three hours. Too bad this gem is often forgotten between masterpieces such as 2001: A Space Odyssey and Dr. Strangelove.

IMDB: 8.0

Daan: 8.5

21o4pav.jpg

Last films I watched were;

The Net - Sandra Bullock is a hacker or something.. (last night)

The Negotiater - Samuel L Jackson goes off on one.. (night before)

(They were on TV, and nothing else better was on).

i hate jodie foster. the movie looks pretty stupid even if she wasnt in it. but you never know, it could suprise you. but not me, because i hate jodie foster.

yeah, it seemed like the sort of movie i would like, and all my friends commented that it was the kind i like also. and i like jim carrey (kate winslet is ok) also, so it wasnt the main people that made me not like it. dont know why, just didnt like it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg