How2PK

What movie(s) did you last see?

Batman Begins: 8.5/10 Still a great movie. Maybe not as good as the Dark Knight but still pretty damn good. I love the first 30-40 minutes or so, with Wayne's history and all that.

Sherlock Holmes: 8/10 Much better than I had expected. Took me a while to get used to Downey's voice and accent (after just recently seeing both Iron Man movies + the Avengers). Other than that it was surprisingly good. Will definitely see Game of Shadows soon.

Scary Movie 3: 6.5/10 Always great for a laugh, even though it has a very silly and stupid humor. But I love that kind of humor anyway. :P

The Adjustment Bureau: 7.5/10 Another one that took me by surprise. Saw the trailer for it when it was coming out, but never actually saw it. Saw it just now and I must say it's a pretty good film. I guess Matt Damon isn't so bad after all.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Ridley Scott's Prometheus.

IT WAS AWESOME. Although there were a lot of "WTF?" moments. But overall, it was definately awesome. I would watch it again in a heartbeat, and I'll be buying it when it comes out on DVD.

The Alien franchise is probably my favorite series of movies ever, and this one didn't disappoint at all.

:thumbup:

And no, I didn't watch it in 3D, but I'm sure it would have been cool with those additional effects.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Dark shadows

The guys I was going with were kinda disappointed but I liked it. 7/10

Chronicles. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706593/

Good movie. Basically a story about high school kids who gain superpowers. I liked it because it's a change from the typical put on a suit and become superheroes cliche. Plus one of the guys were from the Wire.

I honestly have never seen an ad or heard of it. Weird.

The Darkest Hour http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1093357/

It's bad. Waste of Emile Hirsch's talent. He needs to fire his agent.

Same thing with Chronicles. Never seen an ad/heard of it.

Scary Movie 3: 6.5/10 Always great for a laugh, even though it has a very silly and stupid humor. But I love that kind of humor anyway. :P

WAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. never fails to make me laugh.

The art of getting by 3/5

Good directing, typical indie film style, plot and characters. nothing really neat to see here.

Wages of Fear 4/5

Really tense and great film, The whole first act of the film was a little.. long. It really didn't get me into the mood until they got into the trucks, then shit got serious.

Rules of the game 2.5/5

Boring, long, and really aggravating film. For some reason, I couldn't enjoy "rich people problems" and all the struggles they went though. It was really dry, didn't have any flavor to it like Grand Illusion had.

A bittersweet life 4.5/5

Really fantastic action film. Probably on par with a lot of John Woo films. The main actor (Lee Byung-hun) did a fantastic job of portraying the character. The soundtrack was really good, and I don't usually say that about films.

this film was so good I had to check out the directors other works

The good the bad and the weird. 4/5

Someone described this as "A mix between The good the bad and the ugly and It's a mad mad mad mad world. " I would agree, except the setting and pacing is a little off for this to be as good as those 2 films.

Still really funny and good, pretty much a cardboard cutout of the characters from TGTBATU but who cares, I mean it's in the title that the film is going to be like that.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Moonrise Kingdom 4/5

Same styles as a Wes Anderson film. But this time, all the kid actors act like Adults and the adult are kids. Which is quite strange, but very interesting. the film was shot really well, as his other films. It really felt like a good mix of Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic

Otherwise, it's pretty high up there on my favorites of his, but I'd have to see it again to really say if it's better than Rushmore.

Prometheus - didn't know anything about it going in except Ridley Scott and the LOST guy had something to do with it so I didn't know what to expect.

Basically it wasn't as good as it could've been. Characters were stupid for the sake of the story and that really took away from the immersion. If you're the type who doesn't care about the details and just want to see eye candy, it's worth watching. If you're expecting a solid story because of Ridley Scott, you'll be disappointed.

Prometheus - didn't know anything about it going in except Ridley Scott and the LOST guy had something to do with it so I didn't know what to expect.

Basically it wasn't as good as it could've been. Characters were stupid for the sake of the story and that really took away from the immersion. If you're the type who doesn't care about the details and just want to see eye candy, it's worth watching. If you're expecting a solid story because of Ridley Scott, you'll be disappointed.

Exactly this. It looked great, but the rest of it left much to be desired. Plot holes, sometimes poor acting ect...

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The older (and thus smarter) I get the more that annoys me. Real shame, the first 3 alien movies are awesome.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I kind of figured Prometheus would be like that. The trailer made it "look cool" and I guess if that's all you want from a movie than that's fine. I'll probably see it once it comes out on DVD.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The gritty atmosphere from the original alien movies seemed gone with all the bright lights I saw in the trailer :(

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

The gritty atmosphere from the original alien movies seemed gone with all the bright lights I saw in the trailer :(

Maybe partly.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Joint Security Area 3/5

Average film, actiony, really a lot of talking, a little confusing, twas alright.

Y tu mamá también [And Your Mother Too] 4/5

Really interesting film from Alfonso Cuarón, You feel like you know the entire plot by the beginning of it. But it totally throws you around for loops as this plot develops, Also, it's pretty sexy.

The Friends of Eddie Coyle 3/5

Decent film about Bank robbing and gun smuggling and trading, lots of talking as well.. nothing really too amazing however,

The Raid: Redemption 3.5/5

Really interesting sort of blend of Hard Boiled and Oldboy. Interesting action film, not much plot there, and it's pretty violent and bloody. I mean, a man gets killed by a door for god sakes.

Saw 21 jump street. Not great, but fairly funny, and better than I expected. I think I like channing tatum much better in a comedy role than I do as a serious actor. 5.5/10.

polvCwJ.gif

I saw Seeking a Friend for the End of the World last night. It was pretty good but definitely not a comedy as I thought it was heavily portrayed as in commercials on TV. More of a dramedy, with emphasis on the drama. But still, enjoyed it a lot. However, I had smoked a bit of the hippy lettuce before so it definitely threw me off as I was expecting a comedy.

It also had an awesome soundtrack and awesome cast in regards to the more minor characters.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Contraband. Another one that was not as bad as I was expecting...mark wahlberg is growing on me :P 6/10

polvCwJ.gif

Since I'm boring and don't want to dig up my opinions on the movies I've seen, I'll just copy the list of what I've seen since my last post.

The Incredible Hulk.

Pride and Glory.

Leaves of Grass.

Stone.

Bustin' Down the Door.

A Fistful of Dollars.

Iron Man.

Iron Man 2.

Thor.

Captain America: The First Avenger.

Revenge of the Creature.

Tarantula!

The Enemy Below.

For a Few Dollars More.

Thelonius Monk: Straight, No Chaser.

Coogans Bluff.

Joe Kidd.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Hang 'Em High.

Two Mules for Sister Sara.

Where Eagles Dare.

Paint Your Wagon.

Hannibal Rising.

Play Misty for Me.

The Beguiled.

Kellys Heroes.

High Plains Drifter.

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.

The Eiger Sanction.

The Outlaw Josey Wales.

The Gauntlet.

Escape from Alcatraz.

Airplane!

Bronco Billy.

Any Which Way You Can.

Firefox.

Tightrope.

City Heat.

Pale Rider.

Dirty Harry.

Magnum Force.

The Enforcer.

Sudden Impact.

The Dead Pool.

Blood Work.

Pink Cadillac.

The Rookie.

Million Dollar Baby.

Heartbreak Ridge.

Priscilla: Queen of the Desert.

True Crime.

Mission: Impossible.

Mission: Impossible II.

Mission: Impossible III.

In the Line of Fire.

The Bridges of Madison County.

Bird.

Space Cowboys.

A Perfect World.

Léon: The Professional.

Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus.

Mystic River.

Changeling.

J. Edgar.

Brave.

Hancock.

Hitch.

The Bucket List.

Pokemon: The First Movie.

The Shawshank Redemption.

Phone Booth.

Donnie Darko.

This is Spinal Tap.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Dumbo.

Fantasia.

Pinocchio.

The Reluctant Dragon.

Currently watching (Mostly re-watching, really) through all of the Disney movies, minus a select few Pixar ones or whatever.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Just came back from The Amazing Spiderman.

Solid 10/10. I hated the original Spiderman movie. Toby didn't cut it for me, and I wasn't a huge fan a Kirsten Dunst. I liked how they made so many things different in this new movie.

Honestly, I liked it so much that I'm going to buy it when it comes out on DVD. Not usually a fan of superhero movies, but this one got me. I liked it more than the Avengers, which is a recent movie I also watched a liked immensely.

And, I might as well say it: Andrew Garfield did a [bleep]ing outstanding job. Loved him in the Social Network, loved him in this. I admit, kinda a guy crush. Anyway, enough of that.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

So I saw a pre-screening for Frankenweenie today.

My review:

[REDACTED]

NDA's. Umad?

Chocolat

Woman opens chocolate shop and everyone views her as a crazy, independent woman in a town where everyone is very conservative and strict. Plus Johnny Depp is in it. That alone is reason to watch it.

8/10

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Really crazy doorway/mirror thing that leads you to an alternate universe type thing. It is so random and weird, and a lot of great actors are in it.

9/10

The Man From Earth

BLEW. MY. MIND. It's about a dude that has lived since cavemen times. It's seriously [bleep]ing insane. I might be overreacting, but I loved this movie. It makes you think.

10/10

Waking Life

Another mind blower. Your brains will be all over the floor after watching this. It's a cartoon, but not a childrens movie. By far. I think it was a college movie/project, but still highly reccommended by me.

10/10.

Saw 21 jump street. Not great, but fairly funny, and better than I expected. I think I like channing tatum much better in a comedy role than I do as a serious actor. 5.5/10.

Not great? I thought it was [bleep]ing hilarious! What didn't you like about it?

The Amazing Spider-man... did a much better job with Peter Parker. Definitely a great movie. The first person camera shots were really awesome.

Went back and watched Spider-man from 2002.. my gosh, it sucked. Granted it was from 10 years ago, but it felt like I was watching Power Rangers towards the end.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

^For sure!

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |