How2PK

What movie(s) did you last see?

Lucy.

I was skeptical, but tried to keep an open mind, despite the premise of the film (Humans use only 10% of their brain. Lucy gets an overdose of a new drug that increases that percentage steadily, resulting in her being able to use telekinesis, control other life forms etc.). Up to maybe 40% it was a somewhat decent action movie. It wasn't concerned about any real science whatsoever, but it was okay. But beyond that, it completely ditched having anything remotely related to rules. There were some pretty pictures, but the plot went completely out the window

[hide=Spoiler for the end]In the end, she turns herself into a supercomputer to be able to pass on all the knowledge she has. And this supercomputer...produces an USB flash drive, then collapses. A simple memory stick. I just can't wrap my head around who would think that would be a proper ending[/hide]

• Like 1

She created a super memory stick because she was so advanced! </sarcasm>

I thought it ridiculous as well.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night. Good movie, I liked it. :).

I AM GROOT!

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Watched about 10 minutes of Tim's Vermeer, a documentary directed by Penn Gillette about how his friend (an inventor, and as he stressed several times throughout the intro, not a painter) explored the technology that Johannes Vermeer must have used to capture detail and color that perfectly... because no unaided artist can capture detail without tracing, apparently <_<

It's like... I hate to call bullshit on one of the guys that made a name for himself doing just that, but even setting aside the flagrant disregard for the historical context of the artist's body of work, the film's basic premise (that Vermeer was such a genius that can't possibly have worked by hand) really only makes sense if you conveniently ignore that Dutch artists were doing things like this a good 200 years before Vermeer was born.

• Like 1

Hm... The last movie I saw would have to be 13 Sins today with my fiancee it's an amazing movie and I loved the plot behind it all and the twist ending.

Those broken are the risen who become the chosen.

Avengercurse.png

The World's End

This movie should play automatically when you Google the word "escalation."

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Watched Captain America 2 for the first time. I really really liked it. Lots of action, Captain was a badass, as well as Agent Romanov and Vulture or whatever his name was. Some cool twists which made me glad I watched the first last night to refresh my memory. I'd give it a 9/10. Way better than X-Men and some of the other movies that came out when it did.

I think the title of the movie was odd. But any other relevant titles would have given it away. Wonder what they'll call the next one.

[hide=Spoilers]Scarlet was mega hot.[/hide]

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Watched Noah. My dad watched it with my mom in theaters and they hated it. But they take religious movies very seriously. I went in only wanting to be entertained, so I wasn't expecting the movie to follow the Bible story very well.

But honestly, what the [bleep] did I just watch. I don't think there was a single thing I enjoyed about that movie. Special effects were sub-par (with quite a few scenes being extremely visually unappealing), the story was unbelievably stupid, and just the cinematography in general. I have no idea how this got 77% on rotten tomatoes. I give it a 0/10, which is hard considering I liked much of the cast.

I'll hide the rest cause there might be spoilers:

[hide]The whole movie I was thinking what the hell was the script writers/screen writers/director thinking when they were making this movie. This dude and his army are going to try and take over the ark? Good thing its defended by these horrible "fallen angels" which look like stupid rock golems. OH, and the leader of the bad guys actually makes it on the ark and with the help of one of Noah's sons, lives there for 9 months without being noticed. Give me a break. And then Noah is going to murder his daughter's two twin girls? Good lord. Oh, and if the movie couldn't get any worse, once they reach land, Noah becomes a [bleep]ing drunk and isolates himself from his family?

I think the only word I can use to describe this whole movie is ridiculous. I tried to respect someone's imaginative interpretation of the story, but simply as a movie, Noah sucks some major ass. The story line was idiotic. Anyway, I'm done ranting.[/hide]

• Like 1

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

A Walk among the Tombstones.

Not too bad, I enjoyed it. After having read several reviews before seeing the movie, I was afraid it would be overly brutal, but it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. Still an adult movie nonetheless. 

4K469.png

Watched 'Now You See Me.'

My favorite line: 'Sign your name please...in English."

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I was at the movie theatre a week ago and cant remember anything about it!

Guess it wasn't a memorable movie then?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I've seen a couple new movies that I thought I'd write about.

John Wick. Friend wanted someone to go see it with, so I offered to go with him. Hadn't heard anything about it, didn't know much of what it was about. It was a pretty badass movie. Keanu kicked some major ass. One thing my friend and I noted was how much he liked shooting people in the head. He shot so many people in the movie, and about 90% of them he made sure to get em right in the dome. Was awesome. Was entertaining for a revenge story. Thought the motive was a big trivial for the amount of violence that occurred. I'll give it a 7/10. Fun watch. Probably not with watching in theaters.

Nightcrawler. I don't really want to say much about this movie. Jake was a [bleep]ing creepy as dude in it. The character he played had a personality type that I absolutely despise, no joke. Again, my friend wanted someone to see it with, so I said yes. Would have been perfectly fine not seeing it at all. It had an interesting subject matter, though. And was well made. Just not my type of movie.

INTERSTELLAR

Holy shit. One of the best movies I have EVER seen. I'm tempted to talk about it, but I feel like I would write waaaaay too much. Never been a huge fan of Matthew McConaughey or Anne Hathaway, but they did an fantastic job in this. Big thumbs up to Christopher Nolan. Plot, graphics, actors/actresses, music (Hans Zimmer shines again) - EVERYTHING about this movie was good. It does deal with some concepts that I don't think any human can comprehend, but the movie does a good job at trying to imagine how certain things may be. Perfect 10/10 from me. You HAVE to see this one in theaters. I'm going to see it multiple times as well as buy it on DVD when it releases.

If any of you've seen it and have something to say spoiler-wise, I'd love to hear it. :)

• Like 1

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I thought Interstellar was a typical Nolan movie not called the Dark Knight. Shit.

Man, Memento is my jam. I've seen it a million times. But I don't enjoy The Prestige. I've seen it a couple of times and just nah. I should re-watch it again, considering how much everyone loves it and how awesome Nolan is, but yeah. Also I really need to see Interstellar, but a movie trip for me costs around $40. So I may as well wait and pirate it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

51JNDAXEA7L._SY300_.jpg

Pretty much the only movie I've watched in a long time unless you count Cinema Sins.

J_Schmoe.pngJ_Schmoe.png

2014 Pompeii movie..

Cliché movie that never got anywhere.. Got bored watching it. Stupid.

Parker with Jason Statham was more my kind of movie. Enjoyed it.

4K469.png

Burn after Reading.

Started out good, but ended in complete shit.

4K469.png

Not new at all, but currently watching Rob Zombie's version of Halloween. :ph34r:

• Like 1

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

When I saw it was called The Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies I didn't know it was more or less only that battle. 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Don't know why I put it off for so long, it's pretty good.

Edit: Just saw The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - Christ, I can smell the movie.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.