what do you think will happen in 2012?

SeanyTheSailor

I'll probably have a huge end-of-the-world party the night before.

Unprotected sex and tons of drugs!

Hooray for stupidity!

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing that happened for Y2K

Actually, Y2K was a real possibility, but it didn't occur, at least nothing like the media portrayed was going to happen(or was ever likely going to happen) , all it entailed is that the way internal clocks were handled by computers at the time had to be fixed or most would have crashed.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

Our solar system will pass in front of the center of our galaxy, which will then prompt a random dude with a bow and arrow to shoot a flaming arrow at the earth, which will then spontaneously create Jesus, who will then bring forth the Rapture and banish the sinful to the depths of Hell. Other than that, business as usual.

guido_49.png

I'll probably have a huge end-of-the-world party the night before.

Unprotected sex and tons of drugs!

Hooray for stupidity!

And when the world doesn't end, your stuck with HIV and other STDS.

Probably a world war because everyone will be like "WTF? The world isn't over?!"

Or just a lot of riots. Other than that, live goes on then.

• 2 weeks later...

*Mayan Calendar

*Geomagnetic Reversal

*Galactic Alignment

*Nostradamus

*Doomsday Clock

Don't trust prophets, world's been closer to nuclear war before, the planets will only be lined up for what? A day or so? Then their speeds would pick up, how can we predict solar flares? And more importantly, is it a theory because of the 2012 theory, or scientist did stuff and it ended up on 2012.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

People seem to think people are going to have fights and kill themselves and start riots and stuff the day before 12/21/12, but I think that's putting a little bit extreme. I mean sure, there might be some scattered suicides, but saying people are going to start riots in the streets is kind of over the top. I think these end-of-the-world myths will start fading away by then anyway, rather than gaining momentum.

*Mayan Calendar

*Geomagnetic Reversal

*Galactic Alignment

*Nostradamus

*Doomsday Clock

Don't trust prophets, world's been closer to nuclear war before, the planets will only be lined up for what? A day or so? Then their speeds would pick up, how can we predict solar flares? And more importantly, is it a theory because of the 2012 theory, or scientist did stuff and it ended up on 2012.

I agree with you on prophets entirely. These people have rarely, if ever, given proof of any kind whatsoever of their prophecies. Personally, a lot of those people are attention [bleep].

The planetary alignment's theorized to have a similar effect on our tectonic plates that the sun and moon have on our oceans (tides).

We predict solar storms by paying attention. These things go in cycles; any moron with the proper equipment can figure out that the next solar storm is going to happen between 2011 and 2016 (that's what I last read the estimated due date was).

It's a theory because scientists pay attention to this sort of stuff, and it just so happened to land on 2012. Whether or not that's a coincidence (not because of backdoor shenanigans) is up for debate, but I think it's a general consensus among the scientific community that SOMETHING is going to happen somewhere around that time range, they just aren't sure what.

I'm not sure what's going to happen, or even IF something's going to happen, on that date, but it's going to be one Hell of a show regardless. Get your popcorn.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

The world has supposedly "ended" a dozen times in my lifetime. I don't believe it will happen, but as usual, a lot of people still do. If I recall correctly, a few people have commited suicide over it. (Not 2012, but 6/6/06). I find it ridiculous that people believe it, personally...

Fact is, if the world ends, it ends. We can't do anything about it and we should continue living how we're supposed to; making every second count. You never know when you're going to die anyway and there's always that danger when you walk out your front door.

More on topic, on that day, I'll most likely either be on my computer as usual, watching TV or hanging with family. :P

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

This is the day that Runescape goes under. Thousands upon Thousands of kids will go insane from boredom, causing a mass anxiety/anger riot to ensue. Millions will die, and nuclear arms will be the only way to stop the masses. So everyone dies, because of Runescape.

It could happen..

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

This is the day that Runescape goes under. Thousands upon Thousands of kids will go insane from boredom

I loled.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

This is the day that Runescape goes under. Thousands upon Thousands of kids will go insane from boredom, causing a mass anxiety/anger riot to ensue. Millions will die, and nuclear arms will be the only way to stop the masses. So everyone dies, because of Runescape.

It could happen..

LMAO! LOL!

Well...

In 2012 I think the Olimpic Games going to be held in London.

I may be in a Univeristy.

And it won't worth anything because the world's gonna blow. (Yeah, Vogons are needing to construct a highway line in hyperspace and Earth was choosen to be demolished).

Or everything about 2012 is a lie and we'll be happy until the end of our lives [or not].

securaglobin.png

My IGN: Securaglobin

Check out the BUYING, SELLING and LENDING sections of the forums, my offer are the ones with: - ] Item Name [ -

I'm buying iron ores, coals and nature runes!

I'm a cannonball supplier. - Prices among GE mid prices!

Check out nice equipment to borrow!

I'm an arrow supplier. - Depending on my disponibility! ;D

"No money, no funny, no honey"

E=mc² -> Economy is equals Money Circle Changing

Or everything about 2012 is a lie and we'll be happy until the end of our lives [or not].

Agreed totally with what you said there.

This lame 2012 belief should stop. The world will NOT end on that year. It'll go on as usual. Stop scaring people.

The world will only end about several billion years later, when the Sun dies. (Although, by then humanity may have already found tons of different planets to inhabit on.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Agreed totally with what you said there.

This lame 2012 belief should stop. The world will NOT end on that year. It'll go on as usual. Stop scaring people.

The world will only end about several billion years later, when the Sun dies. (Although, by then humanity may have already found tons of different planets to inhabit on.)

Or in about billion or so years due to solar evolution of the sun. Supposedly, the sun will heat up making it to hot for liquid water to exist on Earth, thus, killing us. But that's in billions of years.

I'll be attending college in 2012 though.

The Mayans were such jerks that they lied. It was their version of revenge for us bringing about their apocalypse via conquistadores.

So in 2013, when everyone is feeling safe, zombies will come.

Mayan zombies that wield spears and bows.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

The Mayans were such jerks that they lied. It was their version of revenge for us bringing about their apocalypse via conquistadores.

Why won't you people understand, they were too busy dieing to finish writing the calendar.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I think that the largest Mayan temple will crack open with a minor earthquake, and all the little green radioactive ooze from the aliens who visited our world to build the Great Pyramid, Mayans' pyramids, those tight Inca walls, and Stonehenge will leak and kill us all.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think that the largest Mayan temple will crack open with a minor earthquake, and all the little green radioactive ooze from the aliens who visited our world to build the Great Pyramid, Mayans' pyramids, those tight Inca walls, and Stonehenge will leak and kill us all.

And this is why shrooms are bad, kids.

Seriously, why the f#$k do people always lose their minds when small [cabbage] stories like this crop up? Just because something said it in a semi-plausible manner doesn't mean that we're all going to die when that particular crystal ball says so. Sheesh. :roll:

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

• 3 weeks later...