what do you think will happen in 2012?

SeanyTheSailor

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeh, they haven't even built it completly; stupid Brits.

EDIT: <_< don't get any idea Americans; were still superior

You're a simple minded idiot if you think Britain is superior to the US. The two countries are allies. Act like it. The sooner people stop thinking one country, or religion, or particular set of zip codes are better than others, the sooner we can all work together in the best interest of humanity.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The sooner people stop thinking one country, or religion, or particular set of zip codes are better than others, the sooner we can all work together in the best interest of humanity.

That will never happen.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

The sooner people stop thinking one country, or religion, or particular set of zip codes are better than others, the sooner we can all work together in the best interest of humanity.

That will never happen.

No kidding. People, frankly, are [bleep]ing stubborn.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

That will never happen.

And so we should all be nationalist idiots?

Btw, part of the reason it will never happen is because people say it will never happen.

Think of all humans are capable of. Unfortunately, we're stupid.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I have a strong feeling that there will be some sort of major event in 2012, but it will not be the end of the world. In fact, it probably won't even be a disaster at all.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

You'd think the sun would eclipse the center of the galaxy every year, atleast once, since we're circling the sun, eventually it's gonna be in between us and the center each year.

You're forgetting how freaking HUGE the galaxy is. Remember, Galaxy =/= Solar System. Comparing our solar system to the Milky Way is akin to comparing a speck of sand to a beach. It makes perfect sense to me that it'd take a long [wagon] time for us to make a half-rotation that slowly.

:-s I'm not sure what you're getting at. We get on the right side of the sun every year, so it happens every year. If you're going to take into account the 'wobble' of the solar system instead of being generally the same side, 2012 will be about 6 degrees off the centre region. It's not unusual. Besides, the precise location of the centre of our galaxy is unknown because it's flooded with light.

Yes, we get on the right side of the sun every year. However, this is FAR from revolving around the galaxy in a year. That process takes about, if I remember, 50,000 years. This makes this a very rare occurrence. Also, one of the things supposed about this mark is that it will have an effect on our planet's crust similar to the moon and sun's effect on the oceans. I'll leave you to think over that one.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

You'd think the sun would eclipse the center of the galaxy every year, atleast once, since we're circling the sun, eventually it's gonna be in between us and the center each year.

You're forgetting how freaking HUGE the galaxy is. Remember, Galaxy =/= Solar System. Comparing our solar system to the Milky Way is akin to comparing a speck of sand to a beach. It makes perfect sense to me that it'd take a long [wagon] time for us to make a half-rotation that slowly.

:-s I'm not sure what you're getting at. We get on the right side of the sun every year, so it happens every year. If you're going to take into account the 'wobble' of the solar system instead of being generally the same side, 2012 will be about 6 degrees off the centre region. It's not unusual. Besides, the precise location of the centre of our galaxy is unknown because it's flooded with light.

Yes, we get on the right side of the sun every year. However, this is FAR from revolving around the galaxy in a year. That process takes about, if I remember, 50,000 years. This makes this a very rare occurrence. Also, one of the things supposed about this mark is that it will have an effect on our planet's crust similar to the moon and sun's effect on the oceans. I'll leave you to think over that one.

Not revolving around the galaxy, I don't know where that came from. Just logically the sun will come between us and the center once a year. Doesn't matter if the center is 25,000 light years away or not.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Not revolving around the galaxy, I don't know where that came from. Just logically the sun will come between us and the center once a year. Doesn't matter if the center is 25,000 light years away or not.

I assume it works similar to Earth's magnetic fields. It wraps around the planet fairly well, but is concentrated heavily at the poles. We're going to pass through the galaxy's gravitational "pole" around 2012. Do you get it now?

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

First, the first horseman will come, who conquers the whole world, after that after the next seal is broken the second horseman will come who will make everybody in the world fight eachother, thus bringing war to the whole world. The third horseman which will come after the third seal is broken will bring famine to all of the world and the fourth will bring death to everybody.

That, or the first horseman will bring disease and plague to the Earth. Depends on who you talk to.

Nothing of consequence will happen, except maybe the Olympics, which London will fail horribly at doing.

Ace.

Furthermore, I would like to see some evidence of this "galactic gravitational pole" idea.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Click here.

:-w

I'm not letting myself get into this argument like I always do. But wealth =/= superiority, in fact it's quite insulting to suggest that. :angry:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

As at least two dozen others have said, nothing will happen. There will probably be some news of a minor flood warning on the west coast or some busy shorline part of a country, and everyone will freak out believing that a tidal wave will wipe out the entire coast of whatever country there is. I'm sure there will be some simple-minded people who will do something drastic believing the end of the world will finish things anyway. There'll be a few people committing crimes or blowing all their money on random indulgences thinking that nothing will matter anyways when the world ends. And all eyes will be on Australia because they experience every day of 2012 first. But like all doomsdays of the past, once it's over and nothing has happened, there will be "recently uncovered" evidence of ANOTHER apocalypse and people will have an excuse to freak out again.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Hextriplet, will you explain why the hell you frequent this forum? In little more then two months you have gotten 1300 posts through spam and I don't think you have ever made a reasonable contribution to much of anything. This is just another example of one of your unreasonable, and noncontributing posts. If you take a look at the rants and your topic there, you will see that you've made yourself look like an idiot in the forum, and nobody likes you. I believe the same is going for the Off-Topic and whatever other forums you frequent. Quit being a post [bleep], and start posting logical, thought out stuff with proper english and contribute something to a discussion. We are not at war for who can get the most post counts, and remember that quality over quantity is a big thing. Make your posts less spam and stupidity and more involved in the discussion at hand.

And by the way, America and Britain are both equals. Then again, I could always point to the American Revolution where a bunch of twenty-somethings who never shot a gun ended up kicking the [wagon] of the worlds greatest military. I know that was 250 years ago, but there still is that to look at.

Oh, and also keep thinking that way, because thinking like that will get you nowhere. Since America is actually British if you trace the lineage of it's people back when they came over from Britain because of religious prosecution. And then the Indians are actually Asians who crossed the landbridge. Plus my family tree goes back to a Sheriff of London in the late 1800's on my moms side and a bunch of Irish people on my dads.

So America can be considered a little British anyway.

Okay, I'll end there since this child is only good for being laughed at, and that'll just ruin the thread.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

First, the first horseman will come, who conquers the whole world, after that after the next seal is broken the second horseman will come who will make everybody in the world fight eachother, thus bringing war to the whole world. The third horseman which will come after the third seal is broken will bring famine to all of the world and the fourth will bring death to everybody.

That, or the first horseman will bring disease and plague to the Earth. Depends on who you talk to.

Disease and plague sounds better, but it isnt what my bible says :o

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

thought id bring this up. the mayan calendar isnt the only thing tht's causing ppl to believe the world will end.

-Certain "Evidence" which causes some people to believe that the end is 2012=

*Mayan Calendar: Supposedly, this calendar consists of 13 cycles which each repeat. December 21, 2012 is the date that Mayan historians claim the Mayan calendar cycle ends.

Is it a hint to the end of the world? or where the Mayans just to tired to make a more complicated calendar.

*Geomagnetic Reversal: Scientists predict that there is to be a huge solar flare in 2012 that will rip through our weakened magnetic field and literally roast the entire planet.

Meh....science has been wrong before right?

*Galactic Alignment: The Galactic Alignment is when all the planets in our solar system (and the sun) align with the black hole in the center of our galaxy. This alignment would affect our planet because of the gravitational pull of each body against each other. The Sun passes through a galactic disc which increases its gravitational influence every 10-25 million years, and evidence shows that this happened already 3 million years ago.

So? The black hole is 30,000 light years from Earth, way to far to affect us....why worry?

*Nostradamus(one of the big influences for scientists): Nostradamus was a prophet from the 1500's. He wrote quatrains which supposedly "predicted" natural disasters and such which would happen in the future. Nostradamus historians say that he "predicted" 9/11, Napoleon's and Hitler's rise and fall, the Great Fire of London, Obama's Election, the Iraq War, etc. Supposedly that he predicts the world will end when certain "things" happen, and these "things" are described in a few other quatrains which some people believe are what's happening right now.

Well...I could right a bunch of stuff on paper and a bunch of them are bound to "come true" in a few hundred years.

*Doomsday Clock: Yes, there is indeed a Doomsday Clock. Currently the clock is set to 5 minutes to midnight. Midnight being the end of the world. The closer the clock is to midnight, the higher the risk of a nuclear war. This clock is based on nuclear activity between countries. If the dangerous nuclear activity increases, the clock is wound forward, the less nuclear activity, the clock is wound back. The last time the clock was changed was in January 2007 - it was changed from 7 minutes to 5 minutes.

I doubt a "metaphoric clock" (even though there is a physical representation of the clock) will be able to predict when the world will end.

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

One hell of a party at least :cool: .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

The only thing that will happen on December 21, 2012, is a couple mass suicides. These will be people that believe that world is ending and don't want to suffer through an apocalypse, and the rest of us shall be grateful that these idiots are removed from the gene pool.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Dunno if this has been said (WALLS of TEXT):

It's not 2012, but 2209. A scientist has calculated it anew. Some problem with the calendars.

But I'll be happy if all those 2012-believers commit suicide, it will be so much less crowded on the world =)

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I'll probably have a huge end-of-the-world party the night before.

Unprotected sex and tons of drugs!

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!