11th August 2009 - RuneScape Machinima Competition

Pie Naple

Did you know that RuneScape is one of the top five terms searched for on YouTube? As such, we like to check out the latest films made by the many RuneScape movie boffins out there. Theyre so good, in fact, that weve teamed up with one of RuneScapes most talented machinima (films made with game engines) masterminds, TehNoobShow, to launch a competition to seek out the most entertaining player-made RuneScape video known to humankind. The rules are simple: create an original video short (around two minutes) thats both entertaining and creative, in the RuneScape game.

The competition launches today, and you have until the closing date of 25th August to submit your videos on the YouTube website. When the entries are in, Andrew, Mark Gerhard and some video-hungry members of the Community Management team will then shortlist five finalists. Those five videos will then feature in a RuneScape weekly poll, allowing the community to choose their favourite.

The video with the most votes will be declared the winner and will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Jagex Games Studio, from wherever they are in the world, and, once here, they will get to meet the developers and creative types that bring RuneScape to life. Well then send them off with an armful of signed Jagex goodies. The four runners-up will bag some membership, autographed t-shirts, mugs, mouse mats, mice and other stuff.

Please note that all videos must be made within RuneScape (live action isnt machinima), and must be submitted via YouTube. We cannot accept entries sent to the Postbag or Gallery email. For a full list of rules and conditions, and to see an example video from TehNoobShow, subscribe to our YouTube page at www.youtube.com/runescape. If youve a question about the competition or are looking for some tips on making your own video, check out this forum thread. We cant wait to start checking out the contents of your creative brains.

Mod Paul M

Community Management

Woah, moving up the laddah.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD

*spazzes out*

WHY COULDN'T THAT BE THE REWARD FOR THE CREATIVE COMP THING!!@@@ I'd never win a video competition, I've never been all that great with videos. But... Jaaaaageexxx toooowerrrss are waaaaaiting :cry: :cry: :cry:

Den, send in yer finest work please

I agree, Den is one of our best hopes!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Awesome reward! I wont be entering though, there just isn't enough time for me to script something and set it up in my current scedule of stuff i've got to do :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

OH MY GOD

*spazzes out*

WHY COULDN'T THAT BE THE REWARD FOR THE CREATIVE COMP THING!!@@@ I'd never win a video competition, I've never been all that great with videos. But... Jaaaaageexxx toooowerrrss are waaaaaiting :cry: :cry: :cry:

Den, send in yer finest work please

I agree, Den is one of our best hopes!

He needs to win in the name and honour of TIF

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

TehNoobShow is awesome, Jagex is awesome, WIN! :D Honestly though, I don't know the first thing about video making, but I wish Den or whoever else enters good luck!

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Den has been the best movie maker I've seen on TIF so far. He should have a 99% chance of winning :thumbsup: unless some other great movie maker can wipe the movie making competition off.

We're all behind you Den! ::'

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

If 3addictedbrothers still made videos I would of liked to see them win: their amazing!

But some-one from tif must win and BRING A CAMERA!!

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

This is a great idea by Jagex :D I might have to try making one even though I've never made RS videos before.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Runners up receive lifetime memberships :o

No, it says "Some" membership, that's not a lifetime...

I would enter but I have the artistic talent of a marshmallow.

In the video it says lifetime memberships.

I must say that that's a pretty cool prize, even more so for anyone outside the UK. (I don't live that far away).

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!