JaGEx >_<

Gerbil

JaGEx, in my mind, has recently set a new record for lousy stuff and a "go to [CENSORED]" approach to customer relations. Recently, JaGEx has set a pattern of ignoring glaring issues, fixing non-problems (and introducing a raft of new headaches in the process), and talking down to us like the KGB to a Russian peasant ("You are NOT allowed to question moderator descisions! Even though we didn't really tell you why we locked your thread.")

Let's start with the the PKing update. No, I'm not some no-life nerd shouting "we pay 2 pk!@!!!!@!!@@!@!!@oneoneeleventyone!" But you have to admit the PvP system is seriously weak. I've seen several RSOF threads complaining about the idiotically infantile drop tables. And I bet I know why they made the drop tables dumb, and why they won't fix them. Too much wealth was changing hands in old-school PK. JaGEx wanted to make PKing unprofitable to slow the gain of wealth and shift the focus of the game from combat to skill-grinding (more on that later). They did this by replacing old-school PKing (where you get everything the opponent was carrying) with new-school PvP (where you kill someone twice as strong as you in a heroic fight and get... some mith platelegs and shrimp. And it's not PKing, it's PvP.). And now, the focus isn't on combat or skill grinding, because from what I've heard JGX's overzealous bot detectors kill anyone who trains for... how long?

Sometimes they overfix a problem. Take trade limits for example. A someone with 0 quest points can gain or lose 5K per 15 minutes, far below the volumes usually traded by gold farmers. The trade limit could easily go much higher without a significant increase in gold farming. And people just bypass the limit anyway by junk trading. This all comes together to form the conclusion that THE TRADE LIMIT WAS A SHORT SIGHTED, BADLY THOUGHT OUT, AND HUGELY OVERDONE UPDATE.

Now, what about fixing non-problems? Besides the raft of useless updates you find in the patch notes, this problem is highlighted by the ban on draw games. JaGEx has done some less-than-intelligent stuff lately, but this just takes the cake. Who says cooperation is not in the spirit of RS? There was absolutely no problem here, and the time it took to decide on it and go around locking threads could have been used to do something far more useful. Like fix the PKing (oops, PvP) drop tables.

Then there's the KGB attitude. They act just like the Cheka, the KGB, or whatever else the Russian secret police might have been called at some point. "Do, say, and think what we tell you and don't [CENSORED] ask why." The only reason I can think of for them giving you lousy reasons and refusing to give you a detailed answer is that there is no real reason behind what they do. At least they don't have mute/ban quotas. Yet.

Also, the offence handling is extremely spotty. When it comes to spam (and encouraging spam) in Castle Wars waiting rooms, I'm not exactly innocent. I actually got hit once for that, overzealously taking center stage and outspamming everyone else with "G_O_S_A_R_A_D_O_M_I_N_A_T_O_R_S" and "L_U_C_K_Y_1_3" (that may not have been exactly what I siad but you get the point) in an attempt to motivate the team. (No, I wasn't using autotypers, but I was being an idiot by spamming when there wasn't much spam going on at the time. That was the only way I could outspam everyone with chats that long.) Then, several months ago, some guy private chatted me saying he'd reported me for encouraging spam in the same waiting room. To this day they have done NOTHING on that report.

Finally, I'm not all that sure they aren't lying through their teeth at us about the RWT issue. If it was such a pressing issue, they would have devoted some thought to the issue rather than hastily implementing [CENSORED] like the original/current trade limits. Of course, this being JaGEx, I wouldn't be so sure. If they really thought about it, the draconian trade limits sure don't show it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JaGEx, in my mind, has recently set a new record for lousy stuff and a "go to [CENSORED]" approach to customer relations. Recently, JaGEx has set a pattern of ignoring glaring issues, fixing non-problems (and introducing a raft of new headaches in the process), and talking down to us like the KGB to a Russian peasant ("You are NOT allowed to question moderator descisions! Even though we didn't really tell you why we locked your thread.")

Go to your school principal or your boss and say the following: "I deserve an answer from you about your actions. You are my equal." See how far that gets you :roll: . Even though we are customers, there are certain rules we must abide by or we are not customers jagex wants.

Let's start with the the PKing update. No, I'm not some no-life nerd shouting "we pay 2 pk!@!!!!@!!@@!@!!@oneoneeleventyone!" But you have to admit the PvP system is seriously weak. I've seen several RSOF threads complaining about the idiotically infantile drop tables. And I bet I know why they made the drop tables dumb, and why they won't fix them. Too much wealth was changing hands in old-school PK. JaGEx wanted to make PKing unprofitable to slow the gain of wealth and shift the focus of the game from combat to skill-grinding (more on that later). They did this by replacing old-school PKing (where you get everything the opponent was carrying) with new-school PvP (where you kill someone twice as strong as you in a heroic fight and get... some mith platelegs and shrimp. And it's not PKing, it's PvP.). And now, the focus isn't on combat or skill grinding, because from what I've heard JGX's overzealous bot detectors kill anyone who trains for... how long?

Old pking was a good money sink since there were no rewards entering the game form it, only changing hands while consumables were leaving. Right now, we can either get massive inflation or make the rewards stupid. Or they could use an honor point system for trading in honor for consumables that heal a massive amount of hp or ammo that does a lot of damage.

Sometimes they overfix a problem. Take trade limits for example. A someone with 0 quest points can gain or lose 5K per 15 minutes, far below the volumes usually traded by gold farmers. The trade limit could easily go much higher without a significant increase in gold farming. And people just bypass the limit anyway by junk trading. This all comes together to form the conclusion that THE TRADE LIMIT WAS A SHORT SIGHTED, BADLY THOUGHT OUT, AND HUGELY OVERDONE UPDATE.

So, what would be a "good" limit? At 60k every 15 mins, that's 240k an hour. It could seriously be a friend trying to help out some one...I'm not being sarcastic. There would be some innocent players still caught up in bans. Lifting the trade limit does nothing but let bots through.

Now, what about fixing non-problems? Besides the raft of useless updates you find in the patch notes, this problem is highlighted by the ban on draw games. JaGEx has done some less-than-intelligent stuff lately, but this just takes the cake. Who says cooperation is not in the spirit of RS? There was absolutely no problem here, and the time it took to decide on it and go around locking threads could have been used to do something far more useful. Like fix the PKing (oops, PvP) drop tables.

So, fixing some stuff is useless? Making my cape not clip with some shields is useless? They should be doing this because then you'd be saying how crappy the game is from all the bugs...

Then there's the KGB attitude. They act just like the Cheka, the KGB, or whatever else the Russian secret police might have been called at some point. "Do, say, and think what we tell you and don't [CENSORED] ask why." The only reason I can think of for them giving you lousy reasons and refusing to give you a detailed answer is that there is no real reason behind what they do. At least they don't have mute/ban quotas. Yet.

See first paragraph in blue.

Also, the offence handling is extremely spotty. When it comes to spam (and encouraging spam) in Castle Wars waiting rooms, I'm not exactly innocent. I actually got hit once for that, overzealously taking center stage and outspamming everyone else with "G_O_S_A_R_A_D_O_M_I_N_A_T_O_R_S" and "L_U_C_K_Y_1_3" (that may not have been exactly what I siad but you get the point) in an attempt to motivate the team. (No, I wasn't using autotypers, but I was being an idiot by spamming when there wasn't much spam going on at the time. That was the only way I could outspam everyone with chats that long.) Then, several months ago, some guy private chatted me saying he'd reported me for encouraging spam in the same waiting room. To this day they have done NOTHING on that report.

I don't get if you're ranting for not banning you or what. They're bad because they didn't ban you for spamming? Or maybe they saw, "Hey, he's encouraging the team, not spamming" and decided that that was not spamming since 13 lines of USUX is.

Finally, I'm not all that sure they aren't lying through their teeth at us about the RWT issue. If it was such a pressing issue, they would have devoted some thought to the issue rather than hastily implementing [CENSORED] like the original/current trade limits. Of course, this being JaGEx, I wouldn't be so sure. If they really thought about it, the draconian trade limits sure don't show it.

Or maybe they have, and you're not willing to admit they did because you're unhappy. And if they were lying, the lie would definitely have been leaked by now from 1 mod, and we could sue them (unless they changed their TaC, which would just discourage more customers anyway). What you're theorizing pretty much says that Jagex lied because they want to ruin the company reputation just so they can become power hungry. That makes no sense.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I thought they were quite hasty on the last point too!

I posted that on the 30+ page rant called "once a great game..." by eatrunearrow, then got barraged with insults :P

O well, at least someone thinks the same as me :)

Staurolite.png

You can talk all you want about the questions to moderator descisions, but they need a better reason why they locked that guy's thread other than "it's not in the spirit of the game." Cooperation isn't in the spirit of the game? I still can't get my head around that. Maybe JGX's descision to advertise on miniclip was a greater paragdim shift than anyone thought... according to eatrunearrow's rant that, that was where we got all the n33bs shouting "free st00f plz" and "make me copper sord!" (who did that happen to now?) and "give me phr33 d long plxz". Up until that point, cooperation was most likely fully within the spirit of the game. Maybe... JaGEx wants the immature niblets? According to eatrunearrow, they probably generate a good percentage of JGX's cash flow.

"So, fixing some stuff is useless? Making my cape not clip with some shields is useless? They should be doing this because then you'd be saying how crappy the game is from all the bugs..."

Minor graphical glitches I can live with. Overly tight trade limits, dumb rules JGX refuses to competently explain, and spotty offence handling I really can't.

Also I wouldn't have been banned from that report, and that could very well have been a far more valuable report that got ignored... a report of someone scamming or asking for passwords :?

Overly tight trade limits?

An average character (even f2p) would be able to give 10k+ every 15 minutes, 40k per hour. Not enough? I don't see any people on the street generous enough to give away 40k to a friend. You're just trying to defend the RWTers.

And honestly, "a hasty decision"?

Look - banks are suing you and threatening to stop their customers from paying you with their credit cards. Are you going to take half a year to think of a very "adequate" solution to the problem? No.

It's their game. They won't be trying to ruin their own game, contrary to what you think.

And let's look at whose fault it was, shall we? Who RWTed? Who lured and scammed? The players. Jagex was forced to make all these changes. Do you think they ENJOY restricting their players? Of course not. But to make the game fair for everyone, they had to stop luring, scamming and RWTing.

An average character (even f2p) would be able to give 10k+ every 15 minutes, 40k per hour. Not enough? I don't see any people on the street generous enough to give away 40k to a friend. You're just trying to defend the RWTers.

Look - banks are suing you and threatening to stop their customers from paying you with their credit cards. Are you going to take half a year to think of a very "adequate" solution to the problem? No.

It's their game. They won't be trying to ruin their own game, contrary to what you think.

And let's look at whose fault it was, shall we? Who RWTed? Who lured and scammed? The players. Jagex was forced to make all these changes. Do you think they ENJOY restricting their players? Of course not. But to make the game fair for everyone, they had to stop luring, scamming and RWTing.

Oh no, we don't want to argue AGAIN :P

Let's have peace.

Staurolite.png

WHy bother typing anything out? Just copy and paste this as it's ALL you ever say.

I don't see any people on the street generous enough to give away 40k to a friend.

My friends, hardly rich, gave me over 200k a couple of years back.

And money was alot harder to get then. And he was hardly rich.

Totally. I helped fund a friend's 99 cooking this week; probably lost around 300-400k (conservative estimate) by giving trade limit at 15 minute intervals and trading my raw sharks for cooked shark or monkfish.

Some of us have known our rs friends for a long time and do give them money, sometimes large amounts, because it'll make us happy to see them happy.

And I totally support the trade limit, as occasionally annoying as it can be, because it stopped Jagex from falling under. I think there's still one British card company that won't let you pay anything to Jagex because of all the trouble and lawsuits. If they didn't do it, you wouldn't be able to play and whine about the trade limit. Hell, I used to adore pking in old wildy and getting everything they were wearing and in their inventory. You could really make money back then with pking. But if that had to go to stop those stupid criminals rwting, then I'm happy to still have a decent game to play.

I don't see any people on the street generous enough to give away 40k to a friend.

My friends, hardly rich, gave me over 200k a couple of years back.

And money was alot harder to get then. And he was hardly rich.

For my friend's birthday a couple years ago, I gave him a thousand nature runes, hand crafted. At the time, that was like a quarter of my account's worth.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

WHy bother typing anything out? Just copy and paste this as it's ALL you ever say.

Let's throw your quote back in your face, hypocrite.

All you ever say is "I hate Jagex! It sucks! Blah Blah Blah!"

I say that because IT IS A FACT. What you say is nonsense.

So kindly get lost and stop following me around like a dog ready to snap people once their guard is down.

-----------------

On topic: Look - I know some of you are overly magnanimous (i.e. generous), but DO YOU HAVE TO GIVE $$$/valuable items to make people happy? Not necessarily. The OP is making it sound like the only way to make people happy is to give them $$$/items. Can't you give encouragement? Tips? Advice? Hints? As the saying goes: Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Money and items aren't the only thing you can give, unlike what you're saying. In fact, advice on HOW to earn money is much better than pure money.

Well, if Quelmotz can do that then you should copy and paste all your arguments as well because you say the same stuff all the time.

EDIT: Didn't see you up there Quelmotz. :lol:

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Poor Gerbil, your thread has been quelmoted.

Basically anything you post, he will pick on the smallest portion of it because he lacks reading skills and then he will post something unrelated to it, causing the whole thread to go off-topic.

You wrote:

This is quelmot's response:

At no point did poor gerbil say he was a RWT or that he missed RWT. At no point does he say he didn't understand the need for trade limits, he doesn't ask for NO trade limits but he does point out that trade limits could be more generous.

Before trade limits friends and even strangers were generous to other players. Why am I not suprised no one ever gave you anything I doubt you have any friends.

Also in typical quelmot fashion he picked on a tiny portion of your rant and doesn't even bother responding to your whole rant. It's like he can barely read.

Let's throw your quote back in your face, hypocrite.

I say that because IT IS A FACT. What you say is nonsense.

-----------------

I'm the hypocrite? You must be joking. Everyone knows you on these forums quelmot and not in a good way.

Actually if you could READ you would know that I don't say only that. So DON'T put words in my mouth.

What I said is fact, the bulk of your posts concern your defending Jagex and then bringing in credit card things. WE DON'T CARE. We've heard this from Jagex why would we need to hear it from you.

So kindly get lost and stop following me around like a dog ready to snap people once their guard is down.

Trust me, I try to ignore you, I never read your posts as you are someone who's opinion I don't care to even know. However when you start to pick on new poster's like Gerbil than yes I will post calling you on your crap.

Notice how since the post YOU made every other post has been related to it, as you are stupid and people have to comment on your stupidity.

So when you stop making threads go off on tangents for your own personal crusade for defending jagex's actions then it's when I will stop attacking your posts.

And don't sit there saying that all you ever say is "facts" you make up things that are meaningless like there wasn't anyone even giving 40k out to friends when others point out that in their experience this wasn't right, you just backtrack.

You are the hypocrite.

Quel seems to jump to Jagex's defense a lot, doesn't he? Always in there saying things like "Jagex did that for a reason," or "It's not Jagex's fault most of the players are either whiny little brats that complain about not getting handed max level on a platter, or cheaters."

The sad thing is Quel is right. Most of his posts are factual, and can be verified from the official Jagex site. And most players are whiny little brats or cheaters. At least the ones that "tear apart" Quel's posts by saying absolutely nothing, and then defending it with even less.

It's like a little kids' nursery school here sometimes the way that people like to "tear apart" factual, well though-out posts by pointing their noses in the air and saying "Nuh-uh!"

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown; ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid is forever.

Private chat on, give me a hyt!

It should not be necessary to say it, but today it is: anyone who wants to be understood has to make damn sure that he has made himself intelligible.

Who is John Galt?

News commentary without a political agenda.

Quel seems to jump to Jagex's defense a lot, doesn't he? Always in there saying things like "Jagex did that for a reason," or "It's not Jagex's fault most of the players are either whiny little brats that complain about not getting handed max level on a platter, or cheaters."

The sad thing is Quel is right. Most of his posts are factual, and can be verified from the official Jagex site. And most players are whiny little brats or cheaters. At least the ones that "tear apart" Quel's posts by saying absolutely nothing, and then defending it with even less.

It's like a little kids' nursery school here sometimes the way that people like to "tear apart" factual, well though-out posts by pointing their noses in the air and saying "Nuh-uh!"

I'd like to pint out Tabby that just because something is on the official site doesn't mean that the thing is necessarily true and/or factual. Jagex is known for saying something without actually saying anything. Anyone who read the MMG Q&A can confirm that. :lol:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

If you do not like what Jagex is doing with their property, you can just simply leave. You have all the free will to do just about anything you want in cyberspace. But to still come around and whine just about everything in the world is quite annoying, but entertaining. I will be honest and say that it will be a sad day when all these whiners realize that this is not a democracy. The only say you have about Jagex's business practice is not to participate in a game you have deemed "unplayable" anymore. If you hate it so much, please do us a favor and stop playing and make a REAL statement. As soon as Jagex notices a DROP in their bottomline, then they will react and maybe listen to get you back and reel in your cash.

To be honest, the "ranters" about the "bad" decisions that Jagex makes is just a smaller portion of the whole Runescape population. For every one of you, there are dozens who are content to play the game. So do us a favor, shut up and quit, because that is the only way to get Jagex to even acknowledge your existence is to not exist in their revenue.

Mystik01.gif

If you do not like what Jagex is doing with their property, you can just simply leave. You have all the free will to do just about anything you want in cyberspace. But to still come around and whine just about everything in the world is quite annoying, but entertaining. I will be honest and say that it will be a sad day when all these whiners realize that this is not a democracy. The only say you have about Jagex's business practice is not to participate in a game you have deemed "unplayable" anymore. If you hate it so much, please do us a favor and stop playing and make a REAL statement. As soon as Jagex notices a DROP in their bottomline, then they will react and maybe listen to get you back and reel in your cash.

To be honest, the "ranters" about the "bad" decisions that Jagex makes is just a smaller portion of the whole Runescape population. For every one of you, there are dozens who are content to play the game. So do us a favor, shut up and quit, because that is the only way to get Jagex to even acknowledge your existence is to not exist in their revenue.

Well said.

a70c7.png