JaGEx >_<

Gerbil

[hide=]
[hide=Bunch o' quotes]
SIX O' CLOCK WITH RATCHET

*grabs box o' popcorn again* Time to watch more fighting! Yay!

That's sad that people can EXPECTto see a flame war anytime you two come into contact. It's pretty sad that people can't post on a thread because you two are too busy fighting. Expect the expected....

Pie no thread is complete without your witty remarks.

It's sad that you don't see what Pie is actually trying to convey. Once again, expect the expected. :lol:

I said that for humor, and to convey that this really is ridiculous. Almost every rant on this page regarding people thinking Jagex has messed up has turned into a quelmotz/canadiansmurf war zone.

according to eatrunearrow's rant

No...I cannot believe anyone would even say that...that's pathetic. Eatrunearrow, for anyone who doesn't know, is the dumbest troll known to TIF. We don't ever quote his words... Except for the sake of humor. Quote him seriously, and expect to get looks of "What on earth are you smoking?

The problem is, while the ranters are a small part of the population, they're a noisy part.

And they all seem to find TIF :? Not all of them, thank God. check out the RSOF rants forum. It's hilarious chaos.

I can't defend Jagex? Give me a good reason why I shouldn't. Look - why don't YOU stop attacking Jagex then? And attacking everyone who defends Jagex?

I agree no one has ever written a law that says that you can't defend Jagex, hell I can, he can, but you and your little "Jagex hate" buddies can't hold up your own arguments. Oh, they hold them up. They just don't hold them up well. It's like taking a wooden shield and thinking it'll defend you against a battalion of tanks.

The Pie Remix of 6 O' Clock with Ratchet.

Just replying to your last comment: Ever played Civ III? Wood shields CAN hold up to tanks... oh, how they can...

In Games. I dare you to face off against an IRL tank with nothing but a wooden shield.

[/hide]And Runescape is...? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
[/hide]

Runescape is real life!!!

One would think so sometimes the way people go off about it.

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown; ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid is forever.

Private chat on, give me a hyt!

It should not be necessary to say it, but today it is: anyone who wants to be understood has to make damn sure that he has made himself intelligible.

Who is John Galt?

News commentary without a political agenda.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runescape is real life!!!

Indeed. I wish people would stop acting as though Runescape is a second life. Whether you want to admit it or not, Runescape does indeed have an effect on your life outside of runescape. For some, it makes them better at math. Others have learned English, gained online friendships, learned how to talk maturely, various lessons in economics, time management, that you have to work for your rewards, etc. To act like Runescape has no effect on someone's life is to join the bandwagon alongside the crazies who think the Columbine shooters could actually train to use guns on Doom, or that all gamers are fat.

Runescape is like Fantasy meets Wall Street Journal meets School.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

We use RL time (and money for p2p) in-game, therefore Game = part of RL. There is no such thing as "IRL", the internet is part of real life. It is real, isn't it?

Hate when people use "it's just a game" all the time as their only argument on discussions i see in the RSOF >.>

Learning english thanks to rs FTW :thumbsup:

Hate when people use "it's just a game" all the time as their only argument on discussions i see in the RSOF >.>

I think Brian Reagan said it best with his balloon analogy. When you see a kid lose his balloon, and it flies away, he starts screaming. His parents always talk down to him like "Why are you crying? It's just a balloon! We'll get you another one." I always answer back with, imagine if your wallet just floated out of your pocket, and started flying away. "Why you are crying? It's just a wallet. We'll get you another one."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I think Brian Reagan said it best with his balloon analogy. When you see a kid lose his balloon, and it flies away, he starts screaming. His parents always talk down to him like "Why are you crying? It's just a balloon! We'll get you another one." I always answer back with, imagine if your wallet just floated out of your pocket, and started flying away. "Why you are crying? It's just a wallet. We'll get you another one."

Thats a bad analogy, balloon is a bit of rubber and string, a wallet has money and I.D in.

One is vastly more important than the other.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Thats a bad analogy, balloon is a bit of rubber and string, a wallet has money and I.D in.

To a kid, a balloon is more important than a wallet.

To a kid, a balloon is more important than a wallet.

But the adults know better so they just get the kid a new one, the kid wont know the difference.

This is going off topic so lets forget about it.

perfetc_666.png

The idea is that it's not about the tangible importance of the object, it's the perspective of the person who owns it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The idea is that it's not about the tangible importance of the object, it's the perspective of the person who owns it.

I don't think any kids values a balloon.

It can't really be applied to runescape though cos it isn't important, if you think it is then I think you need to sort your priorities out.

perfetc_666.png

I don't think any kids values a balloon.

It can't really be applied to runescape though cos it isn't important, if you think it is then I think you need to sort your priorities out.

... That is exacly what we were talking about.

We use our time ( AKA the most important resource) playing Rs, some use IRL money for p2p ( and some idiots to RWT >.>). Some have better friends in RS than IRL (>.<). Rs bring us fun in our free time.

YES, the game is important to lots of people. It's not a priority, and it shouldn't be one at all, but it is important.

... That is exacly what we were talking about.

We use our time ( AKA the most important resource) playing Rs, some use IRL money for p2p ( and some idiots to RWT >.>). Some have better friends in RS than IRL (>.<). Rs bring us fun in our free time.

YES, the game is important to lots of people. It's not a priority, and it shouldn't be one at all, but it is important.

My most important resource is money, I have loads of free time at the moment.

I am a member so I pay but that doesn't make it important, I payed for my ps3 and game, doesn't mean that is important.

If you have better friends in rs than in real life you need to go outside and meet some people who can hang out with in a real world rather than in catherby while fishing virtual fish ....

Rs's real reason for being, although I don't get that much fun out of it, it is still better than sitting doing nothing at all.

It isn't important all it is a time waster, you use it to waste away a few hours it isn't needed it to function in real life, it doesn't look good on a c.v, it just beats the hell out of sitting staring at a tv (although most people do that while playing rs).

perfetc_666.png

Lots of free time, huh? Lucky [bleep] :lol:

Well, to you may be just a time waster, but to a hell lot of people it is fun, it is a hobby, and sometimes a way to talk to rl friends.

To a hell lot of people, it is pretty important.

I guess it's a matter of opinion >.<

I am not that bloody lucky, it's so boring! I want a job :(

perfetc_666.png

I have a job, go to school and play rs p2p. Nothing wrong with that combination, you merely need the self-discepline to make it work.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I have a job, go to school and play rs p2p. Nothing wrong with that combination, you merely need the self-discepline to make it work.

If every second of your spare time is spent playing rs then your social life is totaly dependant on school and work, which on your days off means your on rs then your a no lifer.

If your only on it casualy like 3 hours a day then your not a no lifer, are you.

Thats just my interpretation, anyhoooo.

perfetc_666.png

Than, by your definition, I have a life. :thumbsup:

RuneScape's a hobby, not a priority. Friends, family, education and work come before it.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

To be honest, the "ranters" about the "bad" decisions that Jagex makes is just a smaller portion of the whole Runescape population. For every one of you, there are dozens who are content to play the game. So do us a favor, shut up and quit, because that is the only way to get Jagex to even acknowledge your existence is to not exist in their revenue.

Theres obviously lots of people who don't like the updates, but don't complain and just silently hate.

You can't look at TIF's and RSOF's ranting population and say they are the only people in runescape who hate the updates. Facts are many people may not want to rant, weather its wannabemodship, no access to forums, or simply the knowledge they have that jagex probably isnt going to change anything, regardless of what the players think.

It doesnt matter how many people do not like the updates. I do not like every update there is, but as an adult or at least someone as mature as a real 13 year old should be, have a choice to either play or not. I give Jagex 5 USD per month to play their game. Their game is not the end all of games out there. I have a choice and I choose to stay here because I find enjoyment in their product. And I am sure there are 10s of thousands even hundreds of thousands who agree with me.

What is quite funny is the amount of complaining, and the lack of action. And as I said in my previous post, leave and hurt them where it hurts the most, their bottomline. Anything else is just haters who want to be heard.

Mystik01.gif

Once you compared Jagex to the KGB, I stopped reading. Seriously, comparing a gaming company to an oppresive government force is "tard-fodder" in my book.

At one time both did tend to keep strict control over their respective areas of control. Jagex loosened up though.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Once you compared Jagex to the KGB, I stopped reading. Seriously, comparing a gaming company to an oppresive government force is "tard-fodder" in my book.

At one time both did tend to keep strict control over their respective areas of control. Jagex loosened up though.

I'm not a big Jagex fan... but... seriously? Even if Jagex did that it is pretty stupid to compare them with the KGB O_o

I'm not a big Jagex fan... but... seriously? Even if Jagex did that it is pretty stupid to compare them with the KGB O_o

It was a long time ago, but they rules with an iron fist. Any criticism of them or complaining on the game and many people received mutes and bans. It was not a great time back then. Was around 2005.

And I'm not a fan of them either these days. They're not like the KGB though. :|

It was a long time ago, but they rules with an iron fist. Any criticism of them or complaining on the game and many people received mutes and bans. It was not a great time back then. Was around 2005.

I remember that well. That was around the time Andrew threatened to sue Tip.It over a T.I.Times article, wasn't it?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I remember that well. That was around the time Andrew threatened to sue Tip.It over a T.I.Times article, wasn't it?

Yah. But everyone loves MMG \'

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

The day I hear most of the people in the RSOF Rants forum say they love MMG is the day I will shove a carrot up my nose.

a70c7.png

Yeah, around that time. It was insane. You couldn't criticize them because if you did you were damn near crucified. Now they don't have to do it because their players will do it for them.

And no, they don't love MMG. They practically worship him.

I neither love nor hate MMG. I don't like the way he's running the game, but that's just my opinion.