5 biggest problems in Runescape today.

Tesset

1.merchant clans

2.76king

3.lack of high level content

4. Skill grinding

5.no clan support ftl

How is skill grinding a problem in RS?.. How does it affect you?

I could be wrong, but my guess is that it affects you by making you spend hundreds of hours to get decent stats.

My biggest complaints right now are graphical updates and merchant clans.

wl7w9j.png

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only one problem I have with Runescape atm. The attitude of the players.

I'm a Jagex fanboy who thinks they can do no wrong. I agree with their policy of blaming the players instead of the game, so, in a petty move that does nothing but lower people's opinion of me, I've changed his post announcing it has been "Fixed."

Fixed.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Crashers anywhere, especially at lobsters when I'm bursting. High levels, or most people with barrage, almost always come take my spot. I find a world in less than 10 mins easily, yet these people are just like "lol noob" when I tell them to go spend 10 mins. They're so inpatient, and they infuriate me so much. Luckily I'm nearly done there, only a couple more hours until I have the charms for 88 summoning :D.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

1. Price manpulators

2. 76k'ing

3. The fact that combat is so much easier to make money with, i mean what happened to balance?

4. Combat "triangle" in f2p is very messed up.

5. secondary skills (herblore/cooking) not profitable.

I'd like to elaborate on 3 a little.

Before the GWD update, the best combat moneymaker was abby whips with 85 slayer, or maybe DKs. But 85 slayer is VERY hard to get so whips are a reasonable reward. But now, even an average player with 80s (which is not at ALL hard) can group together in 3s and 4s and take down bandos/ zamorak and get drops worth 25m. Same with corp beast, a group of 15- 20 still gets millions from a split. The best skill moneymaker is double nats at 91 rc, but thats even harder to get than 85 slayer.

Staurolite.png

These are all huge problems in RuneScape, so much so that I can't rank them in order of severity. Every single one of these reasons will bring down RuneScape or hinder its progression in the years to come. What's worse is that Mod MMG tries to sound like they are working on these but with clever escape answers he really reveals that they don't care:

• [*:1stl010g]Huge lack of high-level skill updates. None of the "refining" skills make a profit (Hunter and Runecrafting are the only ones that can compete with camping even low level monsters). This in my eyes is a serious problem and Jagex has done nothing over the years to fix it. As soon as they do they can return to creating GWD-style updates.

[*:1stl010g]Manipulation clans (on a broader sense, some of the GE's more lenient limits)

[*:1stl010g]Lack of high-level content/end game perks

[*:1stl010g]Lack of quality, replayable, bug-free content (either filler updates which work or big updates like MA that are filled with glitches, have no replay value, and aren't fun at all). Jagex's QA team and late response to player feedback.

[*:1stl010g]A continuous waste of time when it comes to PvP (76king, drop potential, statuettes). The system is NOT balanced and has never been. Every time they make a temporary update like statuettes, +1 item worlds, etc, they just delay the problem and other content that a developer could be working on in the meantime.

The above made me quit RS, more or less. I am level 138 with 2167 total and over 225m total experience (and I had to look that up for the first time since starting RuneScape).

2496 Completionist

-Jagex / They cause most of their own problems. They make many stupid moves because they don't understand their own game anymore.

-Manip clans / These clans are pyramid schemes that also make the economy unstable.

-Botched updates / Too many updates seem to have something wrong with them, such as glitches. (Remember the glitches at MA, esp. the deletion glitch?)

-Wannabe mods / These players are such tools of Jagex that they send frivolous reports in hopes of getting a silver crown. They make the game less enjoyable when you're afraid to get reported for the smallest thing by them (even them filing a false report).

-Too many loose ends (content like Prifdinnas and Eastern Lands) / Seems like Jagex should at least throw us a bone here and there and make it seem like the game is moving closer to revealing these areas instead of leaving us in the dark and eventually giving up on them.

Due to the fact that Jagex is making their game worse and being jerks about it (as well as the fact that I am getting too old to play Runescape), I plan on quitting soon. I have already lost one of my favourite RS friends not long ago because he quit because the updates sucked and Jagex was making new, ridiculous rules (and not announcing them) and being complete douchebags about it.

It seems like this MMG guy is a nice guy, but he doesn't have enough experience to be the CEO of Jagex. The only people really fit to be CEOs of that company are the Gower brothers, but I doubt any of them want to take such a role.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

1. Lack of useful magic in PvM.

2. Grinding.

3. Some skills train too slowely.

4. Everyone over level 80 trains combat with whips, while 58 combat levels later it is still the same.

5. Did I mention grinding, and the fact that skills like RC, Agility and Mining are still as sucky to train as they were the day they came out and that skills that take too long to train shouldn't be such a grind. Considering they got Slayer just right.

Stellactic.gif

1. Price manipulators

You only se them as a problem because you cannot afford to do it - anyone that can afford to do it does it, it's just hard luck I'm afraid

2. The general lack of balance in pvm. The fact that melee owns there, and everything else stinks annoys me.

Mage > Melee. Can you freeze someone for 20 seconds with melee without risking a 29m ZGS? Can you stop someone from teleing with Melee? Mage is infinately more useful than mage, maybe not Edge DM'ing, but you said PVM in general in which case a Hybrid Mage/Range would be far more effective.

3. The lack of high level content.

Agreed, but why would jagex address 8% of their audience. Sure the odd one now and again wouldn't hurt, but people will complain about updates for as long as they come out.

4. The fact that in f2p pvp magic can't get a win at a decent combat level.

Who uses f2p magic?! You can do Rune DMs, I've never seen a mager fight anyone seriously in a DM, but they help in big fights binding (which isn't that high a requirement)

5. The wholes in Jagex's quest storylines.

Could you give an example? None of the quests I've done have been badly scripted. The humour is basic, but that is deliberate - it's laughing at itself.

Hope these gave answers to your someone useless rant

~Cracky

Hmmm, alrite then. Not sure I rly care, but that's ok. No flaming here, I'll make sure I'm rly active on these forums...

1. Price manipulators

You only se them as a problem because you cannot afford to do it - anyone that can afford to do it does it, it's just hard luck I'm afraid

Not everyone with the money does it. The major problem with them is the fact that they are dishonest to their members. The leaders dump early, thus flooding the market and profiting at the same time. By the time they order the rest to dump, it's already too late and by the time they sell, they were probably better off before. There are also manipulation clans that lie about item nerfs just to cause them to crash (happened to dragon claws). If you go to world 2, there's literally dozens of people spamming manipulation clan chats. It's an annoyance as you can't add all of them to your ignore list as it's almost impossible to see who's advertising in your chat box.

5. The wholes in Jagex's quest storylines.

Could you give an example? None of the quests I've done have been badly scripted. The humour is basic, but that is deliberate - it's laughing at itself.

I think he's referring to the fact that major storylines (especially the elf series and the lack of Jagex releasing content that is already supposed to exist in the story of Runescape ----> Eastern Lands, Prifdinnas) that are left unfinished and have not had any hint of a future update in years.

EDIT: Can a mod please merge this post with my one above it? Thanks. Merged. ~Laura0077

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

a) Lack high Level content in general - Read that other thread lol.

B) Price manipulators - Its quite annoying buying or selling anything... Like.. VERY bad at the moment compared to any time I remember.

c) Low quest requirements - We need some higher requirements sometimes or extra content at the end that require higher requirements.

d) Quests directed at a younger audience/Too easy or basic/No challenge - Chuck a few puzzles in there that take an iq over 80.

E)... But not the least important... Take out the bloody follow x player option! Make it a selective choice. If people did that to me in real life.... ???? I dont like beggers and such doing it. A 'friend' or 'off' option would be nice.

1. PvP (I don't PvP, but my friend does. He says it ain't very good how it's set out, and it just seems wrong that they mess it up).

2. PvM situation (mage should be stronger, and maybe range. Mainly mage).

3. Price Manipulators (it is essentialy a Pyramid scam, where the ppl up the top make the money and everyone else is affected).

4. Jagex (they don't admit to there own mistakes, e.g. PvP :roll:)

5. [iDK]

disturbeda.png

1) The noobs who whine about lack of high lvl updates

2) The noobs who whine about lack of low lvl updates

3) The noobs who whine about to many/few quests

4) The noobs who try and say QA team are crap every time some minor or obscure bug slips through, as they can't comprehend an in-house QA team will focus check an update so CAN miss an obscure setup thousands of players produce or a bug in some random unreleated piece of content.

5) The noobs who continue to whine about pvp, free trade etc when they clearly have NO concept of why changes were made or the fact that without the changes rs wuld not exist

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There's only one problem I have with Runescape atm. The attitude of the players.

I'm a Jagex fanboy who thinks they can do no wrong. I agree with their policy of blaming the players instead of the game, so, in a petty move that does nothing but lower people's opinion of me, I've changed his post announcing it has been "Fixed."

Fixed.

I can't take a joke, or accept a difference of opinion so I flamed the guy instead of letting it go. Fixed. Seriously?

1) The noobs who whine about lack of high lvl updates

2) The noobs who whine about lack of low lvl updates

3) The noobs who whine about to many/few quests

4) The noobs who try and say QA team are crap every time some minor or obscure bug slips through, as they can't comprehend an in-house QA team will focus check an update so CAN miss an obscure setup thousands of players produce or a bug in some random unreleated piece of content.

5) The noobs who continue to whine about pvp, free trade etc when they clearly have NO concept of why changes were made or the fact that without the changes rs would not exist

Quoted for truth!

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

1. PvP. Why? Because I'm just so sick of hearing every man and his dog complain about it and it's impact upon our economy.

2. People who whinge about "crashers". It's a multiplayer game. If you were supposed to have sections of the map to yourself, you'd be able to. You don't own the spot. If you can't share, leave, don't expect other people (who are happy to share!) to move to suit you.

3. The value placed upon exp and how it renders lots of non-combat skills ineffective. Really, forgetting quests/diaries, there is hardly any point to raising a fair few non-combat skills. There are equally or more effective ways of raising money which can then be used to buy the supplies you wanted in a matter of seconds.

4. People who break the rules. Not so much because they break the rules, but because when they get caught they complain that they are being punished unfairly because they've matured since then. Mind you, this is normally in a timeframe so short if you could count the minutes on your limbs! But at the same time, they whinge and sook about being reported and call those people who do report "noobs" or "wanna be mods"

5. Rants about Jagex. It's the same recycled garbage over and over again with no logical thought behind it. That is pretty typical of the internet though!

Also close, people who whinge about lack of high lvl content, people who whinge about quest storylines, people who whinge about price manipulators, people who whinge about whingers and Hugh Jackman.

Not really, I love hugh with an undying passion. I'm sorry I lied to you all :(

But yep, those are what I think are the 5 biggest problems in rs!

SoLawny.png

1. Partyhats, they inflated the hell out of everything. Everything is so expensive because it correlates to partyhats. Why do you think godswords were 100m+ when they came out? Because party hats were in that price range. Add in lootshare and now you have too much money flowing into an unstable economy. All that money lead to the inflation of the prices, but not just for party hats, but for everything. Regardless of people calling them worthless they obviously have a worth to certain people. If Jagex really wants to put and end to it they can either re-drop crackers every christmas or make them bound to the account they are on.

2. Not being able to make an unbalanced trade. Dear god this is annoying, RS is the ONLY multiplayer game I've played with this. Its a stupid idea and takes out a good bit of the MMO out of the game. High level friends who want to give good weapons to lower leveled friends can't do it. They did this for the sake of destroying the gold buying business, but there are other ways of dealing with it. All jagex has to do is watch what other companies like blizzard do.

3. The GE, while being a good idea, was executed terribly. Forcing prices on people ruins economies. Let players truly decide the prices and the economy will settle down, this being said without the presence of party hats.

4. PvP. I used to be an avid pker. I loved going out and being in a ventrillo with 2 or 3 friends and downing people in east dragons, or getting another person or two and head over to Mage Bank and down a few people and run from the clans with a dozen people. It was the essence of risk vs reward, you risked everything on you, and if you won, you got everything on them, aside from their most valuable, which you could handle with smite. These days are long gone, lost in the days to rid RS of gold sellers. There were better ways of handling the situation, but they chose to up and remove pking, into what it is today.

5. End game/High level content. I quit RS two years ago for WoW. When i quit i was sitting on 150m Cash, all the barrows items, the DK set, a Sara Godsword, and 88 summon supplies. I quit because of there being nothing to do. Sure, I *could* have gotten 88 summoning, but for what? I could kill the same boss i was farming for a few more hours. Thats not endgame, thats boring. I havent tried anything past godwars, but from what i read that new boss with 2k+ hp is a step in the right direction. Make bosses that REQUIRE 5 people, not just to get in, but 5 people to do something active, rather than just mow down the boss from safespots. I'm not even sure RS is capable of this without tanking/healing skills, but its loads more fun than what we have now.

6. I'm adding a 6th because of one problem i've had for years. Jagex is all for people having more than one account, but they cannot interact. I don't understand the need for this rule. It could be so people don't get an unfair advantage against people their level, but there is so little to gain from having tons of money and items at a low level with the restrictions RS has through skills (which is a good thing). When i want to make another account, and pay money for it, I want to at least have the right to have my two accounts interact. I want to be able to give it some money to get its cooking up to do a quest again, but i can't for the sake of what? Could someone give me a reason for this?

All of this being said, PKing should never have an impact on the economy unless it directly involves them by having new weapons/armor/food. PK loot should not be random.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

My list:

1. Price manipulators

2. New weapon (Better weapon than Abyssal whip)

Melee is not overpowered. The fact that melee owns and everything sucks is incorrect.

At lower level (Under 85), which skill have the best advantage of killing a high level monster:

Ranged

Which skill have cheapest supplies needed:

Ranged

Which skill BECOMES the best skill:

Melee

Which skill have most expensive supplies:

Magic

Which skill is worst:

Magic (PvM, not PvP)

Melee is from my view not overpowered. However Magic in terms of rune cost could/should become cheaper, because for accuracy and damaging spells it cost more. But this option should be something ONLY true magers should have.

1. the pvp system and how in makes the items coming into and leaving the game uneven.

2. the ge system/manipulators

3. Jagex's inability to see that high level content isn't unplayable by the majority, it's something to strive for!

4. the lack of usefulness in skilling, (easily negated by high level UN-tradable content)

5. Jagex's babying of the post 10-12 generation

Y_Z.png

Aquashock, lootshare actually removes money from the economy by selling the item for the market price on the G.E and only paying out minimum to those who killed the monster. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, Runescape has very few problems. I do my best to just deal with the inflation, and it will slowly evaporate as summer draws to a close. In my opinion, the biggest problem is the lack of high level content. We need more quests with high requirements and decent reward. What am I going to do with a bonesack that doesn't even come close to the stats of my fire cape?

Give us some quests that will unlock new armor/weapons, or a new monster to fight. I love the achievement diaries, and believe Jagex needs to support their idea to create a whole seperate tab for them and release some more already.

Etecoon.png

These are all huge problems in RuneScape, so much so that I can't rank them in order of severity. Every single one of these reasons will bring down RuneScape or hinder its progression in the years to come. What's worse is that Mod MMG tries to sound like they are working on these but with clever escape answers he really reveals that they don't care:

• [*:28el91mo]Huge lack of high-level skill updates. None of the "refining" skills make a profit (Hunter and Runecrafting are the only ones that can compete with camping even low level monsters). This in my eyes is a serious problem and Jagex has done nothing over the years to fix it. As soon as they do they can return to creating GWD-style updates.

[*:28el91mo]Manipulation clans (on a broader sense, some of the GE's more lenient limits)

[*:28el91mo]Lack of high-level content/end game perks

[*:28el91mo]Lack of quality, replayable, bug-free content (either filler updates which work or big updates like MA that are filled with glitches, have no replay value, and aren't fun at all). Jagex's QA team and late response to player feedback.

[*:28el91mo]A continuous waste of time when it comes to PvP (76king, drop potential, statuettes). The system is NOT balanced and has never been. Every time they make a temporary update like statuettes, +1 item worlds, etc, they just delay the problem and other content that a developer could be working on in the meantime.

The above made me quit RS, more or less. I am level 138 with 2167 total and over 225m total experience (and I had to look that up for the first time since starting RuneScape).

-Jagex / They cause most of their own problems. They make many stupid moves because they don't understand their own game anymore.

-Manip clans / These clans are pyramid schemes that also make the economy unstable.

-Botched updates / Too many updates seem to have something wrong with them, such as glitches. (Remember the glitches at MA, esp. the deletion glitch?)

-Wannabe mods / These players are such tools of Jagex that they send frivolous reports in hopes of getting a silver crown. They make the game less enjoyable when you're afraid to get reported for the smallest thing by them (even them filing a false report).

-Too many loose ends (content like Prifdinnas and Eastern Lands) / Seems like Jagex should at least throw us a bone here and there and make it seem like the game is moving closer to revealing these areas instead of leaving us in the dark and eventually giving up on them.

Due to the fact that Jagex is making their game worse and being jerks about it (as well as the fact that I am getting too old to play Runescape), I plan on quitting soon. I have already lost one of my favourite RS friends not long ago because he quit because the updates sucked and Jagex was making new, ridiculous rules (and not announcing them) and being complete douchebags about it.

It seems like this MMG guy is a nice guy, but he doesn't have enough experience to be the CEO of Jagex. The only people really fit to be CEOs of that company are the Gower brothers, but I doubt any of them want to take such a role.

I actually agree a lot with these two.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]