5 biggest problems in Runescape today.

Tesset

1. Merchant clans

2. Non Mature players

3. Trade limits.

4. Mage is trash in PvP both f2p and p2p

5. Jagex focusing to much on RWT and not game content....

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you say they are?

For me, I'd say the five biggest problems are these:

1. Price manipulators - Definantly agree with this.

2. The general lack of balance in pvm. The fact that melee owns there, and everything else stinks annoys me. - This is not always the case..

3. The lack of high level content.

4. The fact that in f2p pvp magic can't get a win at a decent combat level.

5. The wholes in Jagex's quest storylines. uh, who follows quests story lines... Quest guides ftw

My #1 problem i have with rs is:

In the early days, the level 100 +s and the 99'ers were respected. These days, your pretty much a noob if you don't have a 99.

What would you say they are?

For me, I'd say the five biggest problems are these:

1. Price manipulators - Definantly agree with this.

2. The general lack of balance in pvm. The fact that melee owns there, and everything else stinks annoys me. - This is not always the case..

3. The lack of high level content.

4. The fact that in f2p pvp magic can't get a win at a decent combat level.

5. The wholes in Jagex's quest storylines. uh, who follows quests story lines... Quest guides ftw

My #1 problem i have with rs is:

In the early days, the level 100 +s and the 99'ers were respected. These days, your pretty much a noob if you don't have a 99.

Yeah when the capes came out almost everyone rushed for a 99 if they didn't have it showing ppl how easy they were to get.

1. Jagex can say 13+ to play but, most updates cater to the group of 11 year olds who can spam the forums the most.

2. People are afraid to report people for breaking the rules cause they'll be called a "wanna be mod" "omg I broke the rules and got reported damn wanna be mods" ....? Did you expect a pat on the back?

3. how easy G.E. is to manipulate, we can't blame merchant clans, they're seeing how weak the G.E. is and profiting, sure members get the short end of the stick but, it's 90% their own fault.

4. nothing is special. No matter what you do to try and be different it's taken in 3 ways, ignored, small compliment or flaming for no reason. If you where armour not many people use, (dragon is an example) people flame you or ask "y no bandos?". I have a Untrimmed HP cape 50% cause it's my dream cape 50% so I can be slightly different. But, apperantly I'm a "no life pc noob" to some people. Plus, I've seen an alarming out burst in untrimmed hp capes almost to an extent I want to trim mine.

5. We're never satisfied. Lets go back a few weeks before MA came out, forum spams "no updates?" Mod Andrew Posts about MA saying "don't expect an amazing update". People still mad about no updates. Ma comes out, people flame about it's not good enough, this that this and the other thing are lame "omg stop updating things" contradicting a week agos forum flame/spam . "omg I logged out during tutorial and decided to carry my 500k ... I mean 350m ... yeah ... 350m ... in my invent and it's all gone, give me money." than MA dies and few people cared about the game past some rings.

6. SAILING!@$!

New Siggy in progress.

Proud Construction cape owner

Number one: Jagex.

Runescape is an amazing game, but Jagex is a horrible company. They're arrogant, stubborn, controlling, dishonest, refuse to listen to players, have lost touch with their own game, they abuse their customers, and, from various diaries and such, they sound horribly inefficient. Jagex is not professional. They need to learn to listen to their customers, respect their customers, and admit their mistakes. If they would stop acting in the way they do, players would be more willing to cut them slack. I know I would.

That sounds harsh. My picture of Jagex is quite different to yours. They really listen to the players (just look at all the pvp updates this year). They really play their game (FunOrb is a good example for that with the Mod Wars). And thinking they are arrogant, stubborn, controlling etc. is more offending. I don't know any other company which is more community oriented.

They really listen to players!?! Those PKing updates were never asked for barring the removal of high value slayer items from the drop table. The resulting statuettes sent the market into spiraling inflation from which it shan't recover for the longest time. Players are SICK of PvP updates. We don't want anymore- especially PKers. And then you have incidents like when some guy lost 350 million at Mobilizing Armies due to a glitch. When he posted it on the RSOF, a Jagex moderator was rude to him, told him he hadn't, and then, when it was confirmed he had lost the money, gave a terse apology.

And they DON'T play their own game. Well, they might play Funorb's minigames, but they don't play Runescape. Jagex considers level 70 to be high level content when most players want 80 at the minimum.

And they are most certainly NOT community oriented. They have NO way to contact them, they do NOT allow you to appeal bans for macroing, they lock forum posts without disclosing the reason, they do little to nothing to support clans, and they demand that you follow their rules like a sheeple.

I'll have you know they have a "contact us" thing in the official forums. Appealing for macroing was taken out due to liars who would appeal claiming they didn't macro, and start botting again. And maybe if you would actually look at your information then slapping it down you wouldn't be making false accusations, right? They force people to follow their rules because, well aw, I don't know, MAYBE BECAUSE THEY'RE RULES.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

I'm going to agree with the OP's 1&2.

Range is only decent at certain bosses, not better than Melee at anything else really, and magic.. lol? One thing I can think of. PKing.

And price manipulators have made runescape HELL for normal, considerate players now ..

I dont need a siggy no moar.

1. PvP in general. Old PvP was like Fight Club, the first rule was that you don't talk about the wilderness. Now you have EP, safe zones, hot zones, 1-item worlds, bounty worlds, normal PvP worlds, statuettes, etc. Jagex really made PvP into a cluster...duck. We don't need a billion new updates, we need one update that straightens it out, gives PKers fair drops while balancing the economy, make benefits to actually PKing instead of DRAGON CLAW RUSH LOLOLOLOL, and stop the pointless sitting around for EP.

2. Magic and how weak it is. Skilled people like Muggi can be devastating with it, but any random nooblet with a few million GP and Protect Item can rush with claws and kill people twice as fast with not even half as much skill. Don't forget Range, which hits almost as ridiculously high as melee. Miasmic spells need to be added to the normal ancient spellbook and Zurial's staff can have a special attack instead. The damage cap could be lifted, and instead there would be a base max damage that would increase based on your level. For example, at 99 magic you might be able to hit 6 with a Wind Strike instead of 2.

3. The quest rewards lately. I remember back when I did Great Brain Robbery and got my anchor, or being so excited to finish Monkey Madness so I could use the Dragon Scimitar. I can't imagine any aspiring young low levels saying "I want to get the slayer level for Aquanites so I can do the Rag and Bone Man's wishlist and go kill the Skeletal Horror for like 3k exp a week!". The recent Majarrat quests have been great for story expansion but there needs to be some kind of item reward instead of just "Quest Complete! Have 2 QP and a crapton of EXP! Oh, and a pretty storyline expansion that won't be resolved until the sequel, where you can get your next crapton of EXP!". WGS was an amazing reward, except that any average Joe who doesn't even know who Lucien is can use Dragon Claws, or wear a Dragon Platebody.

4. Merchanting clans. The GE was designed to allow for fair fluctuations in supply and demand, yet when I see Fire Talismans go up by 3000 coins I have to wonder where the fair fluctuation in demand is coming from. Not to mention, the leaders of the clans are gettin' that A-rab money, while the clan members and everyone else in the game feel the consequences. It's a pyramid scheme, it's a scam. Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for this, why can't Chessy018? (she owes me 10k too)

5. No variety. I take an Obby Sword to Basilisks for Slayer and suddenly I'm a nooblet because I don't have a whip or a dragon scimitar. I had more than enough money to buy one, but I wanted to be different. There needs to be a wider variety of options for the best armor, instead of just Bandos, Ahrims, and Armadyl (respectively for each combat skill). On that note also, where's the better, non-degrading Magic armor?

Oddment1.png

For me, anyway...

1)Price manipulation

2)Those stupid autotypers who sit around at the GE all day, on almost every world advertising their scamming merchanting clan

3)Pointless updates which really don't change much, like the changing of the function keys for example.

4)Quests coming out which don't really benefit anyone.

5) Oh, and ultimately...PVP. Not the system as such, but the people.

One itemers, teleporters, pjers (although not as big of a problem as it used to be) Ring of lifers, glitchers, BSers.

Players have ruined Runescape imo.

Doomed_Mages.png

doomed_mages.png

For the first time in a while I cant actually be motivated to get on runescape, maybe im coming near to quitting (actually i really should o.O this game has wasted to much of my life already) but yea..

1. PvP - just wtf. The whole idea of having to spend time in the wild before you can get a drop worth much less (normally) then what your opponent dropped anyway is ridicoulous. Never in old runescape did you have to wait around to pk, it was go out, kill or be killed, loot, repeat.

2. Sad kid's taking the game way to seriously - bug abuers, hackers and ddos'ers. How incredibly sad must you be to have to actually get into someone elses computer and lag them out or something to gain probably nothing from an online game..

3. Trade limits - ok so i understand while these are here, but think about it, they really do suck. Sure i love the convienience of the grand exchange, but the price limits and trade caps on it are ridicoulous. The system is asking for people to manipulate prices..

4. Updates making the game even worse by the week - stupid updates like making you auto skull in pvp... unneeded updates to an already etremely bad system.

5. JaGex. Jagex needs to realise that they have made some bad moves, and seriously think about what there game has become, i wouldnt be suprised if jagex took away the chat system from runescape as too many people where using it for the wrong reasons...

Jagex claims to have amazing macro dectecting systems.. so heres an idea.. i know i sound like one of those ranting kids going AMG I IS ARE WANTZ MAI REAL RUENSCAPZORZ BACK but its true. Old runescape with no trade limits, and old wilderness back would be a good start. Make it clear that JaGex has no responsibility for those who try to break rules and lose money, and put that super anti bot detection software to use.

Also i agree there is a lack of higher leveled content.. One of the reasons skilling bores me to death.

Anyway heres my little rant, feel alot noobier now but hey, whatever lol.

~n00b

As a lifelong skiller (same combat level for 4 1/2 years), my beefs might be a bit different than others (since I have no regard for the combat triangle or PvP):

1. The grand exchange and all its associated things (merch clans, trade limits, the trading of things that once needed to essentially be made yourself - like quest items or trading sticks, massive inflation that would have been slowed by normal consumer misinformation through non-GE trades, and the focus of the game on Varrock, an otherwise fairly useless town for repeat visits)

2. The grand exchange and all its associated things (merch clans, trade limits, the trading of things that once needed to essentially be made yourself - like quest items or trading sticks, massive inflation that would have been slowed by normal consumer misinformation through non-GE trades, and the focus of the game on Varrock, an otherwise fairly useless town for repeat visits)

3. The constant updates of skills to make them easier for lazy people (skill-x, sc tools, methods that are too fast to be taken seriously)

4. The lack of American, English, and Australian people who can actually speak English properly (seriously, my friends on this game with the best knowledge of the English language usually have English as their 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th language)

5. People who call themselves skillers when 80% of their xp is still combat-based, and think they know how to train skills when they don't.

(6. Runecrafting. Effing annoying :D )

I can't judge people for being combat-centric, since that's one way for the game to be played 'properly'. However, I can't possibly condone people who get 137 combat, then buy a single 99 and call themselves skillers. Somebody with 99 herblore is less of a skiller than somebody with all of their noncombat skills at 60, especially at higher combat.

Seriously, if slayer is one of your top five noncombat skills, you shouldn't even think about being called a skiller. (Unless, of course, your slayer is higher than your combat.)

If I can reach 2000 total with 283 fewer combat-related levels than you can, 2000 total does NOT qualify you to say you're a skiller. If you have 99 cooking + 99 fletching + 138 combat, you can AVERAGE 70 in the other 13 skills - giving those 13 a total of 10 million xp, fewer than the amount of summoning xp you have.

Just. No.

Tangential and unnecessary rant over XD

NO MERCH - NO PEST CONTROL - NO SOUL WARS

Lowest combat (only sub-90) on the TIF high scores list

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png