Dragon KiteShield vs DFS - Do we need it at all?

johnlocke

I hate dragon armour now, can't wait to switch to better gear when I get higher combat stats/more $$$. So, the only dragon item that will be of any use once it's released is the dragon pickaxe. Kiteshield will just complete set of armour that used to be regarded as the best in the game, but is just a waste of money now.

gf Jagex :wall:

disturbeda.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the first debate, I think it should absolutly be released, and the dragon "set" completed with all deliberate speed.

That said, assuming it is introduced as a monster drop, it should not be the primary loot drop of said monster. Rather the situation should be like that of Tormented Demons where we have Claws as the primary loot drop, and dragon plate as a secondary drop. I think this would be the best way to introduce it. Personally I'd like to see it come along with the long awaited Dragon Pickaxe (something that actually would be useful) and/or Dragon Crossbow.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

Dragon is already dead, there's simply no reason to make a dragon equipment.

I absolutly disagree. The last piece of Dragon (the claws) far surpassed other weapons in terms of KO potential. Likewise, a Dragon Pick would be not dead but rather infinitely useful!

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

The claws are overly powerful ONLY because of their bugged animation.

You can unload your two specials before you even get to the player, and before they can eat. If it was unbugged, you would have much more time to pray or eat.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

The DFS is more than enough. I think it's time we stop with the Dragon stuff except for the Pickaxe, and then hopefully move on to some nice level 80 Defence untradeable armour 8-)

yeah I could dig that 8-)

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

Dragon is already dead, there's simply no reason to make a dragon equipment.

I absolutly disagree. The last piece of Dragon (the claws) far surpassed other weapons in terms of KO potential. Likewise, a Dragon Pick would be not dead but rather infinitely useful!

To be honest, I think claws are completely overrated. I fooled around with them for a while and most of the time I just got the person to half health with both specs. Mind you, these people had no armor or weapons, but I used a pure set and piety.

On a semi-related note, I think Jagex really dropped the ball on the DFS. Had it required the dragon square rather than an anti-dragon shield, it would have breathed a whole new life in the left half and full square markets, not to mention providing further justification for the amazing stats.

But it is suppose to absorb dragonfire, and be able to release it.

Since when did the D [] shield do that?

It doesn't, but the visage does. Or, they could have simply required all three to create the DFS. Meh, no use really arguing about it, they won't change it.

But it is suppose to absorb dragonfire, and be able to release it.

Since when did the D [] shield do that?

It doesn't, but the visage does. Or, they could have simply required all three to create the DFS. Meh, no use really arguing about it, they won't change it.

I vote making it proportional to the standard kiteshields i.e. weaker than the DFS, but give an awesome aggressive set effect if you wear the lot. That way higher leveled players can sacrifice defence and cost for... I dont' know. It's gonna have to be something incredible.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I vote making it proportional to the standard kiteshields i.e. weaker than the DFS, but give an awesome aggressive set effect if you wear the lot. That way higher leveled players can sacrifice defence and cost for... I dont' know. It's gonna have to be something incredible.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

with kite -> full set => set effect!

examples:

5% attack & defence boost (stackable)

(near) invulnerability to Dragon-Fire

additional bonus when using dragon weapons (more powerful specs or something like that)

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

with kite -> full set => set effect!

examples:

5% attack & defence boost (stackable)

(near) invulnerability to Dragon-Fire

additional bonus when using dragon weapons (more powerful specs or something like that)

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think the D Kite is to DFS, as what D long is to Whip... If it'd come out before, then maybe it would have been good for a while. But now I don't think there's a lot of point: it would either totally clash with predictions or be used only for looks...

I think that the Dragon Kiteshield should be released, among with other items that are not released yet for the Dragon family. Those items would be the Dragon Sword and the Dragon Warhammer, and it would be great to see those as well as a Dragon Kiteshield. :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 4 weeks later...

Has a special effect for wearing the full set been mentioned? It might make the kite useful for whatever reason.

If you wear the full set, it has a chance of counter-damaging your opponent for 120% the damage your opponent deals. It also has a chance to reflect range and magic projectiles.

That's just my idea.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

• 2 weeks later...

Has a special effect for wearing the full set been mentioned? It might make the kite useful for whatever reason.

If you wear the full set, it has a chance of counter-damaging your opponent for 120% the damage your opponent deals. It also has a chance to reflect range and magic projectiles.

That's just my idea.

Lol, mega vengeance chance, as well as the chance to completely negate mage and range projectiles?

Slightly too strong I think, all pkers will do is stack it with veng and along with the high-ish def bonus of dragon will just be too strong. It's also too strong for PvM, imagine being able to negate the corp's attacks, and when you do get hit, rebounding it's damage back to it.

If there was a set bonus, a 10% increase in str and accuracy (like a salve amulet, but less powerful) would be appropriate. This would also not disrupt slayer/make it too powerful, as it wont be able to be used with the black mask. Also, pkers wont be willing to risk 40m+ just for a 10% increase, and if they are, good on them for risking a decent amount in the wilderness.

Back to the main purpose of the topic - yeah, a dragon kite should be introduced and be valued at around 8-10m, and also have a modest strength bonus (like the dfs and obby shield.) It would be good considering dfs's are 30m and still shooting up, and the dragon kite will probably be easier to obtain than a visage from a dragon. The only reason the dragon plate is underpowered is because it is usually compared to cheaper barrows armor with more defense - but since no cheap barrows shields exist, I do not think dragon kites as a stand alone item are redundant

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

That's just my idea.

Lol, mega vengeance chance, as well as the chance to completely negate mage and range projectiles?

Slightly too strong I think, all pkers will do is stack it with veng and along with the high-ish def bonus of dragon will just be too strong. It's also too strong for PvM, imagine being able to negate the corp's attacks, and when you do get hit, rebounding it's damage back to it.

Making it too strong is the only way to bring Dragon back. :rolleyes:

And when I mean "reflect projectiles" I mean reflect those projectiles back with a 3x3 hit area. If the other guy reflects it as well, it becomes 5x5, and if reflected again... well you get the idea. Basically when you reflect projectiles they get bigger and stronger.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

in my opinion in order for a dragon kite to be widely used it needs to either:

A.) Have a set effect (set being fullhelm, plate, legs/skirt, boots, and shield), something along the lines of +15% accuracy and strength to dragons, along with protection from dragonfire

OR

B.) have attack and/or prayer bonuses. something that would make it unique. If it was priced around 5-10m with rune defender accuracy boosts, and defense in the 60s, i can see it becoming widely used.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png