Guild Wars 2 - Official release date 8/28, 8/25 for pre-purchasers

Guthorm

The missions with those imba wizards (forgot the name) were the best ones. The ones before you got your armour imbued. Only hard enemies in the entire game^^.

And both GW and WoW gnomes are 'techy' :P . Not criticising GW class choices are great :). Still going with a Charr fire sorceror of course. Awsome city they have.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The missions with those imba wizards (forgot the name) were the best ones. The ones before you got your armour imbued. Only hard enemies in the entire game^^.

And both GW and WoW gnomes are 'techy' :P . Not criticising GW class choices are great :). Still going with a Charr fire sorceror of course. Awsome city they have.

How was the original GW technological?

Big_Stingman.png

Original GW wasn't technical at all. And there were no gnomes there.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Give GW2 to me already :(

Retired

There are no gnomes in GW2, either. The Asura were in Guild Wars: Eye of the North (technically GW1) and are more like teddy bears. And they don't use technology. They prefer the ordered sciences of alchemy and golemancy as opposed to the chaotic arcanes like fire, air, wind and earth. They are essentially the highest order of mages. The technology oriented race in GW2 is the Charr who shunned religion and ancestor worship in order to move forward. They have guns, tanks, factories, and such. The Asura's only real technology is the Gate system which is magic anyways. All of their golems and flying cities and whatnot is magic. If you are looking for a WoW comparison the Asura would be the blood elves and the Sylvari would be the Night Elves.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

There are no gnomes in GW2, either. The Asura were in Guild Wars: Eye of the North (technically GW1) and are more like teddy bears. And they don't use technology. They prefer the ordered sciences of alchemy and golemancy as opposed to the chaotic arcanes like fire, air, wind and earth. They are essentially the highest order of mages. The technology oriented race in GW2 is the Charr who shunned religion and ancestor worship in order to move forward. They have guns, tanks, factories, and such. The Asura's only real technology is the Gate system which is magic anyways. All of their golems and flying cities and whatnot is magic. If you are looking for a WoW comparison the Asura would be the blood elves and the Sylvari would be the Night Elves.

Thanks for clarifying that! :thumbsup:

Big_Stingman.png

Charr set stuff on fire <3

Retired

• 3 months later...

Bump, wow I forgot to check the game in two days and there are tons of information! I am going to try to update the first post, stay tuned. :mrgreen:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Can't wait until Guild Wars 2. I am more excited about this release than any other game I've ever been anticipating. I don't see myself playing GW1 anymore though, doesn't look like i'll end up breaking 3000 hours like I thought I would a few months ago.

Can't wait until Guild Wars 2. I am more excited about this release than any other game I've ever been anticipating. I don't see myself playing GW1 anymore though, doesn't look like i'll end up breaking 3000 hours like I thought I would a few months ago.

I know! I am so stoked myself. One part of me wants a stone release date, but the other part doesn't because I want ArenaNet to make it the best it can be...Either way, it's going to be awesome!

Big_Stingman.png

Anyone know if a beta date has been set?

The development team abandoned the early open alpha and beta testing which they had used for the Guild Wars game. ArenaNet considered that player expectations for open beta tests of MMORPG had changed, the beta was no longer used to test the game but to trial a nearly finished game prior to purchase. Beta tests announced for 2008 were cancelled to ensure Guild Wars 2 had maximum impact and appeal to these players.

In August 2009, two years after the game was first announced, ArenaNet decided the game had reached a state where they were happy to show it to the public. A trailer which mixed animated concept art and in-game footage was released at Gamescom, followed by interviews expanding on the lore of the game world and information about the player races.

As of 2009, the game is in alpha production. More information on game play is expected. In November 2009, NCsoft CEO Jaeho Lee stated the game would most likely not release until 2011, but a closed BETA would be made available in 2010. The 4th Quarter 2009 shareholders notes further supported this when NCSoft CEO stated that "the current development target was the end of 2010 but, [Guild Wars 2] likely won't be released until 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_wars_2#Development

Big_Stingman.png

Some pretty good speculation about new classes going on HERE.

Apparently, there are three "tiers" if you will, of classes.

3 Scholarly Professions

3 Adventure Professions

and 2 Soldier types.

I'm thinking:

Scholarly:

Elementalist

Necromancer or Ritualist?

Mesmer

Adventure:

Assassin

Ranger

Gunner of Some sort

Soldier:

Warrior obviously

And some other type to replace [my favorite profession :(] the Paragon

According to the writeup on Elementalists in GW2, monks are pretty much not going to be in the game.

"WATER attunement forgoes the raw damage of air and fire, in favor of controlling an opponent's movement. By creating slippery ice or freezing foes solid, water attunement ensures that the battle is always fought on the Elementalist's terms. Nearby allies receive continuous healing from an Elementalist who is attuned to water."

The lack of a dedicated healer class is going to be kinda weird

To be honest Guild Wars 2 is my only real hope for the future of MMOs. Sure, I'm muddling around in WoW right now but Guild Wars 2 is the one MMO coming out that seems like it'll change stuff.

I doubt they are going to remove the dedicated healing class. I mean yeh removing the tank role was done well but without a healer it is going to be wierd. I mean imagine pvping without a healer, how do you counter spikes? Unless they decide to spread out the healing/protection to every other class.

This is what I am assuming

Scholars

Monks/some sort of healer

Elementalist

Necro/Memser combination, I am guessing they are going to merge the e-denial and interrupts of the memser with the necro, it makes sense too.

Adventures

Assassin, because there are daggers

Ranger/Gunner combo, obvious here

Engineer, they said there are going to be some unique classes. With the environmental weapons, I think engineers are going to be needed.

Soldiers

Warriors, I think they are going to merge the supporting shouts of paragons with the warriors, warriors already shout enough as it is.

Some sort of magic knight, aka reworked Dervish with plate.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I own all of the previous Guild Wars games except for Nightfall (stopped playing after I beat Factions and later bought GW:EN), and I'm definitely looking forward to GW2.

I won't be quitting RuneScape for it (unless the clan world completely dies), but I'll definitely be playing it on the side. Can't wait for the closed beta. :D

dw_sig_sylvari.png

Proud Leader of Dragonwood.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding the clan or any of its members.

Combat Requirements: 108+ F2P Combat with 83+ Defence.

IRC Channel: #dwood on the SwiftIRC network.

I own all of the previous Guild Wars games except for Nightfall (stopped playing after I beat Factions and later bought GW:EN), and I'm definitely looking forward to GW2.

I won't be quitting RuneScape for it (unless the clan world completely dies), but I'll definitely be playing it on the side. Can't wait for the closed beta. :D

Yeah, they said beta by the end of the year! :D

Big_Stingman.png

beta by the end of the year!

That's still 7 more months :mad: . This is totally gonna be my next MMO.

Retired