Guild Wars 2 - Official release date 8/28, 8/25 for pre-purchasers

Guthorm

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anet needs to hurry up and release new professions. Preferably Mesmer or something to dispel the rumor that there will be no dedicated healer profession.

I never liked the mesmer in PvE but it is the most awesome PvP class ever. I will probably roll a monk though. Healing :thumbsup: .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Noob.

smd felix

Retired

Oh baby, I would if you had one ;)

Check your inbox :cool:

Retired

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dynamic-events/dynamic-events-overview/

No new professions announced today though.. but hell I'll take it!

In Guild Wars 2, our event system won't make you read a huge quest description to find out what's going on. You'll experience it by seeing and hearing things in the world. If a dragon is attacking, you won't read three paragraphs telling you about it, you'll see buildings exploding in giant balls of fire, and hear characters in the game world screaming about a dragon attack. You'll hear guards from nearby cities trying to recruit players to go help fight the dragon, and see huge clouds of smoke in the distance, rising from the village under siege.

For the explorer, much of the joy comes from discovering new things. In a traditional MMO, the explorer gets to explore a vast world, but after they have explored it once, there is nothing left for the explorer to do, because the game world does not change. The game becomes stale, and much of the joy is lost when the explorer has run out of things to discover. Our dynamic event system in Guild Wars 2 ensures this sense of joy from discovery is never lost in the game world! Every time you enter any map in the game, completely different events and situations could be occurring to discover in a new and different way. A village that was previously filled with friendly norn could, on a return trip, have been taken over by evil Sons of Svanir who are now using it as a base of operations and have put up their own architecture in place of the norn's. This dynamically changing world will create the ultimate sense of discovery for the explorer.

NEED THIS GAME BAD

I will update the first post a bit later, just saw it a moment ago.

Right now I am a bit worried, can they do this? They are certainly large goals.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I believe they are able to pull it off :mrgreen: . Although it won't take long for the community to figure out which actions trigger which event.

Retired

Saw this during naruto today:

Asura: an enemy of the gods in Hindu mythology, a demon.

Made me liek lol

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/guild-wars-2-news/interview-with-eric-flannum-isaiah-cartwright-and-ryan-scott/

GW2Guru: Can you tell us about any of the structured PvP formats?

Ryan Scott Game Designer: While were not ready to release all the details on structured PVP yet, there is some information we can share.

First of all, its important to clarify that Structured PvP and World versus World are very different beasts. WvW will take your current character as is and have them join an ongoing, large-scale battle to win rewards for their world. Structured PvP will equalize everyones character level and unlock all options from the start to have two teams fight in a fair, instanced game.

Weve mentioned before that were taking some cues from first-person shooters with how well handle PvP in GW2. This, specifically, means a few things:

‣ GW2s PvP will use the same formats for both pick-up/random and tournament play. Gone are the days of different game modes for differing skill levels, so players can learn skills that are relevant in all levels of competition.

‣ Pick-up play is 100% hot-joinable. You can leave or join a game already in progress, and the game modes and types will be built to support this. This removes the catch-22 of groups disallowing newer players to join, when those same players cant get better because they cant find a group. Tournaments will also be supported, so arranged teams will be able to face off in a competitive setting.

‣ Since games are hot-join, we want to add support for micro-communities to have some control over the type of play environment they want, while in turn letting all players seek out the experience they enjoy. Well be releasing more details on how were doing this later this year.

GW1 has a legacy of having strong PvP and competition, and were going to great lengths to make GW2 the best PvP MMO on the market by leaps and bounds.

Really excited to see how they are going to handle this. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun to PUB in while still adding in the right support needed for comp play. As a player who really enjoyed GW1 PvP but hated the PUB aspect of it (after my guild I founded left I was sort of "stuck") I'm glad to hear that they are changing the way it works.

Seems like it could completely obliterate the other MMO's and crush their will to live.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

- Crafting will be available but it won't be gamebreaking.

- Races will have different race skills but they will be weaker than their class equivalents. They are there for flavour and versatility.

- No dedicated healer, there are 3 classes that have a support tree like the water elementalist though.

Retired

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/personal-stories/personal-story-overview/

When you first build a character in the world of Guild Wars 2, you are faced with many questions. What race will you be? What profession? Most MMOs ask that much, and the answers are fairly straightforward. But Guild Wars 2 takes character creation a step beyond. It offers the player an opportunity to go deeper, with another roster of questions designed to develop a character's personality. These comprise a character's 'Biography,' and cover relevant parts of the character's history as well as their hopes for the future and the story they will experience.

A character's biography will influence their storyline immediately. Once you have created your character's race, class, and gender, you may choose your physical appearance - and there are a ton of options! From there, you are offered a chance to answer several detailed questions about your character's personality, history, and background.

A player's biography choices immediately tailor physical parts of the game to their character. Each character is given a home instance, personalized to their biography choices, located in their racial capital - Hoelbrak for the norn, the Grove for the sylvari, and so forth. Within this home area, things are more personalized to your character. Your home instance never stops updating; as your character becomes more involved in their story, it will alter accordingly. Two norn will quickly differentiate their personal area through choices in the storyline. They will encounter different adventures, make different decisions, and their home will change to match their story.

It just keeps getting more and more impressive.. and more and more infuriating. How much longer until Q1 2011 again? Also, I'll leave it up to someone else to gather new PVP data, as that never was my cup of tea.

Oh this

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/part-one/

and

THIS

calculator-thumb.jpg

healthcare-thumb.jpg

and this

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/part-two/

AND THIS

A warrior, for example, can learn to dual-wield and choose to equip two swords, which would give him three skills from the sword in his main hand and two skills from the sword in his offhand.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Epic game is epic. 'Nuff said.

Retired

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, my first post have too much information. Takes forever to load now ;_;

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Hide tags ftw:p

Warrior looks neat, not my type of class though.

Retired