What have you achieved this summer?

Omar

Hey OT. You've presumably had two months of free time, so what have you achieved, what about you is better today than you at the end of school? Have you lost weight, gained some maybe? Volunteered?

I stopped drinking anything but water and biting my lips, I tried working out but I don't think the bag+books method instead of actual weights is going to work, so I'll see at the community center next next next next door if they can help me out.

Also, Runescape doesn't count as achievements. It's regression.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still have about 2 weeks left. Have almost finished my geometry book. Spent some 5 weeks as a CIT at my favorite camp in the world. Read a lot of books (and OT). Got a nice lasting burn/tan on my arms. (it's more red than tan. still like 2 weeks after I've stopped going into the sun. Got into more random music.

- Made roughly $9000 at work (including what I'll make my last 3 weeks).

- Have been sticking true to my workout regime.

- Obtained a full scholarship for college this fall.

- Met a great girl, who I work with.

- Killed a deer with my truck.

- Claimed Autopac.

- Invested some extra money into my truck.

- Caught 2 bears (live).

- Made it to almost as many parties as I would have liked.

- Finally got a cellphone (new computer as well).

- Bought new clothes for the first time in a year ($400-$500 worth).

- Saw a couple good movies.

- Hung out with some friends that I really missed.

Still a solid 3 weeks to go. I have a lot planned. :thumbsup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I picked up bass guitar, got to know my balisong a little better, and..well, that's about it. Still more than I did last summer, though.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Stop drinking water wha?

Anyways. I've achieved a whole [cabbage] load. I grew and past 6 feet (I think that's an achievement), I managed to tone my arms and chest a little, learned how to ride a bike, learned how to approach whoever I want and start a conversation, learned how to play my harmonicas even better, learned a lot about a whole bunch of stuff through books, proved I could do a 6-minute mile (well, 6:09), opened up musical highways, took myself out of my comfort zone in San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I'd list my vacation achievements, but it's a lot and I have to do my summer reading project.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Played guitar a lot, completed a course for a high school credit, went to upstate New York, saw a Mariners-Yankees game in Seattle, had a lot done on my braces, got a new girlfriend, hung out with my best friend at least every other day, listened to a lot of music, nearly completed my summer assignment for honor's English, went to OT too much, rode my bike further than I ever have, did the diet coke and mentos thing, got in a lot of good arguments, went to the mall at least a dozen times, got some new clothes for highschool, got the skinniest possible pair of jeans they had at Pac Sun while still needing to wear a belt, didn't play RS at all really, started a small collection of Jones Soda bottles, took a lot of pictures with my digital camera, and watched some good movies.

Some of those aren't really achievements but who the [bleep] cares.

Man, I did a lot more than I thought.

Drove over twenty hours, drove through my first thunderstorm at night on a busy interstate, met family I hadn't seen in years, got to go on stage on Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba show in Disney World, met the band leader there, got his cell # and email and talked with him for about an hour, got my first car, made over ten batches of creme brulee, made the best steaks I've ever made, found two places I can regularly play guitar at, learned a bit of Italian, gained a LOT of confidence, got a car, improved my sweep picking, and finished writing/recording my first full song in over seven months.

It seems like a lot but also it doesn't. :?

wl7w9j.png

Why on earth would you stop drinking water? That doesn't sound like much of an achievement. :?

I pretty much worked, made a few thousand dollars.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Umm, I got a perfect file on Final Fantasy 12. :geek:

This was the worst summer of my life. I had plans to have my friend move in, make tons of money, get a new car and learn to drive it, buy a new bass and amp, and stuff like that but [cabbage] just keeps coming up.

I had my last truly free summer for the next 40-50 years. ::'

Next summer I will start working, and will be going into college. From then on the word 'summer' doesn't exist. :cry:

I already can't wait til retirement.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

You've presumably had two months of free time......

I stopped drinking water.

two months free? I wish. You stopped drinking water? Is this meant to be good?

This summer I visited Barcelona which I've wanted to do for a while. I also got a new job which was better than the last. Not much more really.

sig2ho7.jpg

Absolutely nothing....I was going to improve the languages that I want to learn through Rosetta Stone and I haven't even start.

I got into new music and learn new things from Photoshop, but really..nothing big. :| Shame, and I had more time as I didn't take spring nor summer college classes. :wall:

Stop drinking water wha?

I meant stopped drinking anything but water :lol:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I got waaaay better at basketball, I can actually drive now \' lol. Umm I got my girlfriend back, and... I came in 2nd at a local Halo tourny and won $10 too! That's about it though, I wish I could say, " I got a job!". :(