What have you achieved this summer?

Omar

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had plans to start working out but I had no motivation to do it, so that didn't work. There is a YMCA opening in like three weeks maybe a half a mile away from my house which we joined, so I'll start going there I think.

I got my aunt and uncle to let me "borrow" their very old NES, but they're forgetful and it was buried under most of their stuff, and they called it an Atari, so they're gonna forget about that soon.

I rearranged my desk so it looks awesome now.

I'm slowing down majorly on RS, and most likely will quit, and playing a lot more LIVE with my friends in real life, so I'm becoming more sociable.

I went to Montana with my grandparents for 9 days, we had to drive for fourteen hours, and on the way back they were listening to their crazily republican radio station, and my ipod died, so I survived that. I also argued with my grandpa for a while, and for some reason I'm pretty much the only one in my family to actually be able to argue with him, so that was fun.

I beat all but maybe four quests in fallout 3 in maybe three days.

I beat Mass Effect in three days, and started on a second play through on Hardcore.

I got to rank 37 on COD4, and I'm going to try to get atleast a first prestige before I buy MW2 so I'm better at it.

I beat Super Mario 64 twice I think. My fastest time for it is around five hours.

I beat Super Mario Sunshine, except for the blue coins because they're a pain in the [wagon].

I also read Cosmos by Carl Sagan, which was the best book I ever read, I'd recommend it to anyone.

As you can see, lots of video games, not much else :P Next summer I'm hoping to get a job so I can buy a new computer.

EDIT: Oh! I also figured out how to use torrents and torrent sites.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Set a date for my Wedding - July 15th next year :) - also done so much wedding stuff like planning etc.

Congratulations!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Set a date for my Wedding - July 15th next year :) - also done so much wedding stuff like planning etc.

Congratulations!

Yeah, you just won the thread. Congratz though.

Let's see...

Earned my first $1000 (Not bad for only being 13)

Got better at drums

Im starting to pick up on guitar

Got into some new music.

Thats about it.

nothing, due to the fact that it is winter....

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Lost around 15 pounds.

Logged about 30 driving hours which puts me over the halfway mark towards getting my license.

Turned 16. Applied for 3 jobs within minutes (All but 1 are definite No's)

FAILURES:

NO LICENSE

NO CELL PHONE

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Took money from last year's job, went around companies asking for money, and used it to drill some tube wells in Bangladeshi villages.

Yay, fresh water.

Interned at the world's largest NGO, BRAC, for about a month. Learned new things, met some nice friends. Was good.

Now interning at Denton Wilde Sapte, a UK law firm. Did this last year, got about a 1500 dollars out of it. Yes, I was surprised too--a paid internship?!

Also getting ready for senior year, have about 5 AP assignments to complete within the next few days.

EDIT: Right, I also got into Bangladeshi and Kuwaiti newspapers for the first bit, as well as Bangladeshi primetime news.

And on my way back from Dhaka, the plane's engine was wrecked by a bird and apparently, (according to later news stories that were probably exaggerated) I could have died.

Quite eventful.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Okay, I haven't posted on TIF for a looong time so here goes, a quick summary of my summer: (Despite the fact I've got 2 weeks left)

*I had my prom! It was good fun! (Got kissed as well! <3:)

*Went to my sixth form induction day. It was all right I guess, I have a lot of work to do. :(

*Tried to find a job, but, I should be expecting a phone call tomorrow to see if I got the job.

*Went to North Yorkshire, had a lovely time, did a lot of walking.

*In the result of this,I lost a bit of weight, I don't know how much, but a few of my jeans now no longer fit me.

*Had a bit of a scare, parents thought I was diabetic. I got tested and turns out, I tested negative.

*Visited my Uncle, had a good time! Drank a bit here and there, but my Uncle can drink anyone under the table.

*Been to a lot of parties, got one coming up this Saturday! (Last one I went too did kinda suck though. Only 4 people I knew were there. With a bunch of older and more sillier people, it wasn't fun. All they did was drink and play fight.)

*Got my results due this Thursday. I am not looking forward to it.

So that's my summer so far. :D

Phaper_Plane.png

Nothing great. I've probably gained some weight which is the opposite of what I wanted, watched maybe a weeks worth of anime (how many hours is that? :?).

Man, I am such a lazy [bleep].

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I've finally got my toe sorted out! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What happened to your toe?

A little stump on the side of the bone was growing out of my toe.

I've also have come to some sort of mutual understanding with a friend.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

I've gotten much fitter, due to BMXing all day, every day that I possibly could.

I've gotten better at BMX, and faceplanted 3 times. Hard.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.