MAG: Massive Action Game

stevepole

I'm sure all of you have heard of MAG [wiki] for the PS3 the MMO shooter that can have up to 256 players... Well today when I got home I checked my email and found a BETA invite. Has anyone else got one? I found it extremely random because I don't ever remember signing up for one or even hearing about a beta.

tFtfA.jpg

Its legit it came straight from Sony. I guess the email I got was saying I could register for the beta #-o .. And I should be receiving another email if I'm accepted and that they are letting people in the beta in waves. Kinda strange because I'm used to Beta's sending keys when your accepted not sending them to let you register (Sony :wall:). I'll Keep you all posted on the beta if I get in.

Any other one else get this email or gain access to the beta?

tFtfA.jpg

One of the only those "Damn I wish I got a PS3 Instead" was this game.

It looks amazing.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Two days later and I'm official apart of the beta. Just got my second email. Going to go download it right now and play it till my roommates get back from a Taking Back Sunday concert. I'll let you guys know how it is.

tFtfA.jpg

Watch and it sucks major lollipops.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

All i've ever heard about MAG is the 256 players, nothing about the game itself. What's it actually like. It's all good having the ability to have 256 players, but if the game's rubbish or old and not innovative, there will rarely be 256 players.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

All i've ever heard about MAG is the 256 players, nothing about the game itself. What's it actually like. It's all good having the ability to have 256 players, but if the game's rubbish or old and not innovative, there will rarely be 256 players.

It's got awesome graphics. It has a brilliant squad system to keep the battles as intense as possible. As you play better, you are assigned a rank. Not just on earning exp from kills, it also takes your teamwork into consideration, as when you rank up your control of a squad goes up. So you can from commanding 2 others to 4 for example. This ensures the best players are selected as leaders. Also, higher ranked players can call in support, from air strikes to unmanned drones.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

So it went from amazing to sucking, whats wrong with it?

No. Im just saying watch it will suck, instead of being freaking awesome like we think it will be.

I played it a little bit this morning. I wasn't all that impressed by it. The graphics are kinda dated and the map I played, I didn't really care for, it seemed to have a lot of pointless obstacles. In a lot of ways I want to say MAG is trying to take CoD and throwing 256 players on a huge map and it doesn't work. I also really didn't even notice a squad system besides getting assigned to one at the beginning. I think for the ps3 it's harder in general to have a great squad system because Sony don't supply you with a mic like the 360 does. As little as it is it makes a huge difference when your playing online because without one you can hardly communicate with your teammates.

I also have to say this has been my worst beta experience ever. They only allow you to play the beta during scheduled seasons and for me its like between midnight and like 11am. I was trying to get my brother to play and they shut down the beta literally like 10 minutes prior of us launching the game. We were a little annoyed.

tFtfA.jpg

Full unlock list for the game, leaked by a beta tester. That's quite a lot of stuff.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/08/23/ ... em-leaked/

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I played it a little bit this morning. I wasn't all that impressed by it. The graphics are kinda dated and the map I played, I didn't really care for, it seemed to have a lot of pointless obstacles. In a lot of ways I want to say MAG is trying to take CoD and throwing 256 players on a huge map and it doesn't work. I also really didn't even notice a squad system besides getting assigned to one at the beginning. I think for the ps3 it's harder in general to have a great squad system because Sony don't supply you with a mic like the 360 does. As little as it is it makes a huge difference when your playing online because without one you can hardly communicate with your teammates.

I also have to say this has been my worst beta experience ever. They only allow you to play the beta during scheduled seasons and for me its like between midnight and like 11am. I was trying to get my brother to play and they shut down the beta literally like 10 minutes prior of us launching the game. We were a little annoyed.

And bingo was his name OH!