Anxiety/Panic Attacks

Iamdan

TBH, if you keep getting these, a GP would give better advice than a forum community.

What's wrong with pills? Sometimes they can really help, and if you have a mouthful of water, put the pill in and swallow, you wont even notice that it's there.

Good luck.

The thing about pills is they don't cure anything. I could take a pill and it could cover up the anxiety, but along with the side effects, the anxiety just keeps building up. Sometimes things like depression and anxiety will build up enough inside to escape and be so intense pills won't help and I'm worse than where I started.

The potassium really seems to be working though, I think it might have solved it. I used to get like 2 attacks a day, but I've had none in about a week.

A GP would have just laughed at me if I asked for a potassium prescription for anxiety, I get them through a relative.

I'm so glad that they probably solved it, anxiety attacks suck :thumbdown:

• 1 month later...

Looks like the potassium just worked as a placebo temporarily, I'm back at the beginning :cry:

Starting to get them every night from 5pm till whenever I fall asleep again, last night was around 12am. For some reason I woke up at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep.

You shouldn't be so worried about getting pills to control your attacks. Even though they only solve the problem in the short-term, that's exactly what you need right now, isn't it?

Now, after getting those panic attacks controlled a little you can start thinking about solving the problem in the long run, with a psychologist or whatnot. Avoiding pills from the start just because they won't solve the problem isn't really sensible considering your situation.

This signature is intentionally left blank.