200M in all Skills

Makilio

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this then. I consider a life of unhappiness to be a life not worth living.

But the point is happiness is subjective and your perceived concept of a perfectly happy lifestyle is just as wrong as the ones you are judging. People are unique and we all enjoy different balances of different things.

Some people are asexual/aromantic for no reason other than they don't feel those emotions. Some people absolutely don't go out and party because they don't enjoy it. There is nothing wrong with these people, they are simply being themselves.

Pretty sure his message is saying that most people most of the time would regret devoting 20-30k hours to runescape and that for any typical person to go after such a goal they would likely regret the years they put into it.

Sure you can balance life with runescape but you really can't and be a top player.

I have a problem with that "regret" thing people talk about so often and "unfinished business".

Let's be honest about your time. Whatever you have done on the past is a proccess that ended. There's nothing to "finish" and nothing to "regret" because you will NOT be able to change it. If you wanna regret anything, choose regret spending your time on present feeling bad about something that you can't change.

I agree with more or less everything you're talking about on a philosophical level. But with that said, I don't think these ideas are very realistic or accurate explanations of real human behavior. In other words, you're talking about how people should behave, I'm talking about how people actually behave. You're right that most of the time people feel regret for no logical reason. But that doesn't change the fact that they do feel regret. You should make a new thread for this discussion, it's fun to talk about.

Also, if the guy was happy, then why did he go to the psychologist in the first place? That doesn't make any sense.

>Breaks up w/ girlfriend, "feels terrible"

>Goes to psychologist because he "feels terrible"

>Psychologist advises him to change his routine such that he can feel happy instead of feeling terrible

>Guy refuses to change his routine because he (suddenly) "feels happy"

:huh:

77yLQy8.png

Let me tell you one thing: if you're playing for 12 hours a day, you're sacrificing a lot, whether you're aware of it or not.

Why does it matter how people spend their spare time, weather it's hanging out with friends doing pointless stuff, learning new math (lol because There are so many jobs for people with math degrees) Learning to play an instrument, learning how to program,or drawing. You are still doing almost nothing that benefits society by doing the list of stuff i just said. Spending 8 hours hanging out with friends is the same benefit to society as playing a video game is. Unless you are finding the cure for cancer it doesn't matter how your time is spent.

• Like 1

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this then. I consider a life of unhappiness to be a life not worth living.

But the point is happiness is subjective and your perceived concept of a perfectly happy lifestyle is just as wrong as the ones you are judging. People are unique and we all enjoy different balances of different things.

Some people are asexual/aromantic for no reason other than they don't feel those emotions. Some people absolutely don't go out and party because they don't enjoy it. There is nothing wrong with these people, they are simply being themselves.

Pretty sure his message is saying that most people most of the time would regret devoting 20-30k hours to runescape and that for any typical person to go after such a goal they would likely regret the years they put into it.

Sure you can balance life with runescape but you really can't and be a top player.

I have a problem with that "regret" thing people talk about so often and "unfinished business".

Let's be honest about your time. Whatever you have done on the past is a proccess that ended. There's nothing to "finish" and nothing to "regret" because you will NOT be able to change it. If you wanna regret anything, choose regret spending your time on present feeling bad about something that you can't change.

When my grandfather was dying from cancer he told me "If I regret anything that I have done, it is looking at my past while my future just pass by without me noticing it". And you can really change your future.

Let me tell you one thing: if you're playing for 12 hours a day, you're sacrificing a lot, whether you're aware of it or not.

Well, every time you do something, you are sacrificing another, whether you're aware of it or not. So, you're 24/7 sacrificing something that you could do instead. If choose to go through that, I would like you to save time and immediatly lock yourself into a mental hospital because that's what will happen to you if you bother with that too much. :D

This is one of the reasons why you should focous on doing what makes you happy. 

You don't have to sacrifice your life to gain exp. The point still stands that what you said is extremely ignorant

Suomi, Drumgun, Forsberg, et al sacrificed their lives to gain xp so I'm not sure where these top 200m all contenders with balanced lives you speak of are.

Last time I checked, it takes at least 20,000 hours to get 200M all without spins (over 30k for Suomi IIRC). Care to explain how one can remain a top contender for that achievement while playing in moderation? Be specific with your hours logged.

If your point was that anyone can get 99 all skills in moderation these days, then yes I would probably agree with you, especially if they were buying spins. But 200m all skills? No way, Jose.

How can you be this stupid?

Do you have anything aside from meaningless ad hominems? Your assertion is completely delusional - the math and empirical evidence is completely against you. It is not possible to get the sort of experience gains that top players do within the timespan that they do by just playing in moderation. It is simply not possible no matter how much you want to believe otherwise. That's not an insult or indictment of top players, it's just a fact.

Yes, to get top rank you'd have to sacrifice some aspects of your life, but I'm arguing against something you implied, that gaining exp requires it.

You can play like 12 hours a day and don't have to sacrifice anything, so 200m all doesn't require sacrificing anything major, besides, in a year from now it will be 5k hours so it won't matter.

I didn't say gaining experience requires it. I said gaining experience at the rate that top players do it and within the timespan they gain it in does. There's a different between those two statements and it's not subtle.

Also, 12 hours is not 'moderate' gameplay even by generous definitions. That's more time than a full-time job, and half your day. It's completely astounding that you think people who sit at a computer (aside from say the well documented medical issues, such as say back problems, eye-sight, etc.) aren't sacrificing anything. They are sacrificing their health and a myriad of other things. You can argue that's their choice and that they have the right to do this, but it's completely unscientific, and not to mention pretty much contradicted by health sciences (physical and psychological), to claim that they aren't sacrificing anything. Again, it's not an insult, it's an observation. They have obviously chosen to do certain things, but it's obvious that they had to give up other things to do so.

Even half that time, say 6 hours a day daily on a game is barely moderate. By historical standards or even contemporary standards (depending on what place you look at it), spending 12+ hours on a purely non-productive, purely leisurely, and mostly non-educational activity is not moderate.

Ofc it's not scientific and not according to "health sciencies" and I'm glad I don't agree with those.

Once I had an interesting client that proves that "health sciences" are crap. He told me that his routine before dating was work hard on his goals during the day and relax in his home for the rest of the day and he was a really happy guy. Then he started dating and was still happy and kept spending the rest of the day with in his home but with his girlfriend.

So, they broke up and he felt terrible and decided to go to a psychologist (health science professional, right?). So, the psychologist made him feel better about the broke up proccess and then the psychologist insisted that the guy had to change his routines. The guy asked "why? I am happy!" and she said "well, you need to be social and communicate with lots of people otherwise you can't be healthy!!!". So the poor guy changed his routines and indeed started to have more and more friends but he was also about to suicide.

So, he came to me and asked for my help. I told him "go back to your routine." He looked at me thinking that I was even more crazy than him but still decided to go back to his routine - what really made him happy. And he's now as happy as he was before dating and all the mess.

See, Psychologists work are based on statistics. My question is "What do you do when someone doesn't work like most people?". Not even a single psychiatrist or psychologist gave me a answer to that one.

No. It's a scientific fact that sitting on a computer for 12+ hours can lead you to have all sorts of health-related problems. Secondly, perhaps you don't take psychology seriously, but I do. That's not to say there isn't fluffy stuff in there (Freud anyone?), but there's also loads of useful stuff supported by evidence about things such as normal and healthy behaviours, what constitutes a well-adjusted individual, happiness and well-being. It's not merely mumbo-jumbo. Aside from that, your anecdote is just that, an anecdote. The whole of psychology is not made irrelevant because of one case (which seems to be the implication in your anecdote). There are always extreme cases or unique cases or outliers. That some people can lead healthy lives despite playing 12+ hours does not make the generalization that it is not healthy/moderate/appropriate for most normal people untrue.

• Like 1

I'd like to inform you all that I've just recently leveled up to 1405... Unfortunately JaGEx nerfed my dungeoneering experience due to a long forgotten level cap, if you know of any skillers willing to help me there?

Slow and steady wins the race.

• Like 2

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'd like to inform you all that I've just recently leveled up to 1405... Unfortunately JaGEx nerfed my dungeoneering experience due to a long forgotten level cap, if you know of any skillers willing to help me there?

Slow and steady wins the race.

Unless there's soomeone who is both fast and steady

Do you mean having a Lv. 3 leech standing at base in every single one of your floors?

If so, I'm totally down for keeping a client window running when possible in order to have a lv 3 noob leech floors :P

Honestly this argument is going no where, we all know that people will do what they want, regardless if you agree with them or not.  Even if they regret its not your problem, and if they dont regret it its not your place to tell them they wasted their time.  Its just a game, play as much as you, sacrifice as much as you want and just live with the decisions you make its fine.

• Like 1

Why does it matter how people spend their spare time, weather it's hanging out with friends doing pointless stuff, learning new math (lol because There are so many jobs for people with math degrees) Learning to play an instrument, learning how to program,or drawing. You are still doing almost nothing that benefits society by doing the list of stuff i just said. Spending 8 hours hanging out with friends is the same benefit to society as playing a video game is. Unless you are finding the cure for cancer it doesn't matter how your time is spent.

Funny you should mention that, considering that I am doing a maths major

Here are some interesting links for you to comb through. It took me about 3 seconds to make the appropriate google search. I have spent more time making this post regarding information that you cannot find, than finding said information.

http://www.pdx.edu/careers/what-can-i-do-with-a-degree-in-math

http://www.maa.org/careers

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tomforde/Web/Jobs.html

http://www.math.uci.edu/math-majors/math-career-resources

• Like 1

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

Do you mean having a Lv. 3 leech standing at base in every single one of your floors?

If so, I'm totally down for keeping a client window running when possible in order to have a lv 3 noob leech floors :P

That would be most helpful.

I'm not sure I'll be on RuneScape for a while though, I'll be traveling for work in the near future. I'm not quitting, just so you all know. I promise I'll be back.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I agree with more or less everything you're talking about on a philosophical level. But with that said, I don't think these ideas are very realistic or accurate explanations of real human behavior. In other words, you're talking about how people should behave, I'm talking about how people actually behave. You're right that most of the time people feel regret for no logical reason. But that doesn't change the fact that they do feel regret. You should make a new thread for this discussion, it's fun to talk about.

Also, if the guy was happy, then why did he go to the psychologist in the first place? That doesn't make any sense.

>Breaks up w/ girlfriend, "feels terrible"

>Goes to psychologist because he "feels terrible"

>Psychologist advises him to change his routine such that he can feel happy instead of feeling terrible

>Guy refuses to change his routine because he (suddenly) "feels happy"

:huh:

It was on this order:

>Happy with his routines

>Starts to date and still hapy without changing his routines

>Broke up

>Go to psychologist

>Psychologist helps him "recover" from break up proccess

>He feels happy again

>Psychologist tells him to change his routines

>He feels suicidal but with lots of friends (oh, the science)

That was just me, kind of metaphorically, trying to exlpain that "science" and "normal" won't produce the same response for everyone.

Please quit trying to understand other people. Psychologist have tried that for decades and keep failing on doing it. The best you can get is to understand yourself.

Aren't you training/studying to become a psychologist in the coming years?

Ironic that this gets mentioned from you if what I asked is true.

When my grandfather was dying from cancer he told me "If I regret anything that I have done, it is looking at my past while my future just pass by without me noticing it". And you can really change your future.

Well, every time you do something, you are sacrificing another, whether you're aware of it or not. So, you're 24/7 sacrificing something that you could do instead. If choose to go through that, I would like you to save time and immediatly lock yourself into a mental hospital because that's what will happen to you if you bother with that too much. :D

This is one of the reasons why you should focous on doing what makes you happy. 

You don't have to sacrifice your life to gain exp. The point still stands that what you said is extremely ignorant

Suomi, Drumgun, Forsberg, et al sacrificed their lives to gain xp so I'm not sure where these top 200m all contenders with balanced lives you speak of are.

Last time I checked, it takes at least 20,000 hours to get 200M all without spins (over 30k for Suomi IIRC). Care to explain how one can remain a top contender for that achievement while playing in moderation? Be specific with your hours logged.

If your point was that anyone can get 99 all skills in moderation these days, then yes I would probably agree with you, especially if they were buying spins. But 200m all skills? No way, Jose.

How can you be this stupid?

Do you have anything aside from meaningless ad hominems? Your assertion is completely delusional - the math and empirical evidence is completely against you. It is not possible to get the sort of experience gains that top players do within the timespan that they do by just playing in moderation. It is simply not possible no matter how much you want to believe otherwise. That's not an insult or indictment of top players, it's just a fact.

Yes, to get top rank you'd have to sacrifice some aspects of your life, but I'm arguing against something you implied, that gaining exp requires it.

You can play like 12 hours a day and don't have to sacrifice anything, so 200m all doesn't require sacrificing anything major, besides, in a year from now it will be 5k hours so it won't matter.

I didn't say gaining experience requires it. I said gaining experience at the rate that top players do it and within the timespan they gain it in does. There's a different between those two statements and it's not subtle.

Also, 12 hours is not 'moderate' gameplay even by generous definitions. That's more time than a full-time job, and half your day. It's completely astounding that you think people who sit at a computer (aside from say the well documented medical issues, such as say back problems, eye-sight, etc.) aren't sacrificing anything. They are sacrificing their health and a myriad of other things. You can argue that's their choice and that they have the right to do this, but it's completely unscientific, and not to mention pretty much contradicted by health sciences (physical and psychological), to claim that they aren't sacrificing anything. Again, it's not an insult, it's an observation. They have obviously chosen to do certain things, but it's obvious that they had to give up other things to do so.

Even half that time, say 6 hours a day daily on a game is barely moderate. By historical standards or even contemporary standards (depending on what place you look at it), spending 12+ hours on a purely non-productive, purely leisurely, and mostly non-educational activity is not moderate.

Ofc it's not scientific and not according to "health sciencies" and I'm glad I don't agree with those.

Once I had an interesting client that proves that "health sciences" are crap. He told me that his routine before dating was work hard on his goals during the day and relax in his home for the rest of the day and he was a really happy guy. Then he started dating and was still happy and kept spending the rest of the day with in his home but with his girlfriend.

So, they broke up and he felt terrible and decided to go to a psychologist (health science professional, right?). So, the psychologist made him feel better about the broke up proccess and then the psychologist insisted that the guy had to change his routines. The guy asked "why? I am happy!" and she said "well, you need to be social and communicate with lots of people otherwise you can't be healthy!!!". So the poor guy changed his routines and indeed started to have more and more friends but he was also about to suicide.

So, he came to me and asked for my help. I told him "go back to your routine." He looked at me thinking that I was even more crazy than him but still decided to go back to his routine - what really made him happy. And he's now as happy as he was before dating and all the mess.

See, Psychologists work are based on statistics. My question is "What do you do when someone doesn't work like most people?". Not even a single psychiatrist or psychologist gave me a answer to that one.

No. It's a scientific fact that sitting on a computer for 12+ hours can lead you to have all sorts of health-related problems. Secondly, perhaps you don't take psychology seriously, but I do. That's not to say there isn't fluffy stuff in there (Freud anyone?), but there's also loads of useful stuff supported by evidence about things such as normal and healthy behaviours, what constitutes a well-adjusted individual, happiness and well-being. It's not merely mumbo-jumbo. Aside from that, your anecdote is just that, an anecdote. The whole of psychology is not made irrelevant because of one case (which seems to be the implication in your anecdote). There are always extreme cases or unique cases or outliers. That some people can lead healthy lives despite playing 12+ hours does not make the generalization that it is not healthy/moderate/appropriate for most normal people untrue.

I definitely have a problem with the field of whatsocalled "Psychology". Probably because I take it in a more serious and respectful way than psychologists.

Let me share with you one of my favorites about them:

Once I went to talk with this psychiatrist and I just sat there with my arms and legs crossed which is my expression of "alright, show me what you got!" because I'm really open to new ideas. In fact, most of my clients has taught me a lot of stuff I know. The psychiatrist just looks at me and says "Mr. X! I see you have your arms and legs crossed!" and I said "Yea, I do. What's the problem?" and he said "Well, according to Sigmund Freud that means you're not open to new ideas!" I immediatly interrumpted him and asked "Excuse me? Sickman Freud? Just because I have my legs and arms crossed my brain and my ears won't work?" :D

And from Freud came the idea that you can read behavour. "Reading body language" one of my favorite topics to laugh about when I want to hear some comedy. 

Anyway, I have more respect about human mind than psychologists because of many reasons. One of them is because I take into account that every single individual works differently. And every single client that I meet is the "proof" of that. Also, this is what makes me solve "uncurable" cases that psychologist and psychiatrist can't solve. So, please, don't tell me that I don't take human mind seriously. 

Also, I don't think that top players are "common cases". I believe they are what you guys call "extreme cases". (In my eyes every single human mind is different so every single one is extreme, I guess). So, why not talk about extreme stuff? Makes it more congruent.

Please quit trying to understand other people. Psychologist have tried that for decades and keep failing on doing it. The best you can get is to understand yourself.

Aren't you training/studying to become a psychologist in the coming years?

Ironic that this gets mentioned from you if what I asked is true.

If I ever sign as a psychologist, please just kill me for incompetence.

I feel the need to step in and say that some psychologists are not idiots who try to hold everyone to the same mold. Yeah, those folks absolutely exist, but there are also some psychologists who are fantastic at what they do - meeting their client where they are, figuring out what is important to them and what they want to achieve, and helping them get there. I've been seeing therapists for years, and it took a while to find one who would actually listen to what I needed instead of just assuming they knew already, but once I found one who would work with me, my life took a drastic turn for the better.

While I absolutely agree that some psychologists are terrible and shouldn't be allowed to practice, the field as a whole is not without merit. I see a couple folks making some sweeping generalizations that I have to disagree with.

Also: There is a big difference between psychologists and psychiatrists. Please don't confuse the two. Psychologists generally achieve changes through behavior modification and talk therapy; psychiatrists generally achieve changes through medication. Psychologists have a PhD, not an MD, and cannot prescribe drugs (in most parts of the US, at least); psychiatrists have an MD and can prescribe drugs. Both are important and useful in their own way.

As for the health/happiness of top players (to get a bit closer to on-topic)... It's hard for me to see someone who spends that much time on Runescape as healthy or happy, but it's not really my place to judge that; I certainly can't say it's impossible. I don't think spending time on computer games in general is a uniformly bad thing - it's certainly allowed me a degree of social interaction while in the depths of crippling depression that would otherwise have been impossible, and it's given me something to feel good about when even my body refused to otherwise let me do anything more active. And that's just how it's been for me; I'm sure I'm not the only one in such a position.

But more generally, spending time setting and then achieving specific goals that take a great deal of work and effort to achieve... I can't consider that an entirely bad thing. You may not be developing muscles, or creating useful contacts, or earning money, but you probably are developing a certain kind of discipline and focus, learning to set and pursue goals even over long periods of time, even learning some interesting economic theory. And you're still engaging in social interaction, albeit in a markedly different way. It is not entirely without merit.

I don't think I would ever attempt to be a "top player" myself, nor could I really recommend it to anyone. But I likewise cannot condemn those who chose to pursue such goals, nor will I feel guilt or remorse over supporting some of them - partly because I cannot be responsible for the actions of others, and partly because I don't have enough information to even truly determine whether or not it has been a net positive or negative thing for the people in question.

• Like 2

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I feel the need to step in and say that some psychologists are not idiots who try to hold everyone to the same mold. Yeah, those folks absolutely exist, but there are also some psychologists who are fantastic at what they do - meeting their client where they are, figuring out what is important to them and what they want to achieve, and helping them get there. I've been seeing therapists for years, and it took a while to find one who would actually listen to what I needed instead of just assuming they knew already, but once I found one who would work with me, my life took a drastic turn for the better.

While I absolutely agree that some psychologists are terrible and shouldn't be allowed to practice, the field as a whole is not without merit. I see a couple folks making some sweeping generalizations that I have to disagree with.

Also: There is a big difference between psychologists and psychiatrists. Please don't confuse the two. Psychologists generally achieve changes through behavior modification and talk therapy; psychiatrists generally achieve changes through medication. Psychologists have a PhD, not an MD, and cannot prescribe drugs (in most parts of the US, at least); psychiatrists have an MD and can prescribe drugs. Both are important and useful in their own way.

As for the health/happiness of top players (to get a bit closer to on-topic)... It's hard for me to see someone who spends that much time on Runescape as healthy or happy, but it's not really my place to judge that; I certainly can't say it's impossible. I don't think spending time on computer games in general is a uniformly bad thing - it's certainly allowed me a degree of social interaction while in the depths of crippling depression that would otherwise have been impossible, and it's given me something to feel good about when even my body refused to otherwise let me do anything more active. And that's just how it's been for me; I'm sure I'm not the only one in such a position.

But more generally, spending time setting and then achieving specific goals that take a great deal of work and effort to achieve... I can't consider that an entirely bad thing. You may not be developing muscles, or creating useful contacts, or earning money, but you probably are developing a certain kind of discipline and focus, learning to set and pursue goals even over long periods of time, even learning some interesting economic theory. And you're still engaging in social interaction, albeit in a markedly different way. It is not entirely without merit.

I don't think I would ever attempt to be a "top player" myself, nor could I really recommend it to anyone. But I likewise cannot condemn those who chose to pursue such goals, nor will I feel guilt or remorse over supporting some of them - partly because I cannot be responsible for the actions of others, and partly because I don't have enough information to even truly determine whether or not it has been a net positive or negative thing for the people in question.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. For me I feel a great sense of pride in what I do and I love the feeling of being respected. Although it gets boring and tiring at times it gives me a sense of self worth to do what I'm doing and feels good to know there is almost no one else on the entire planet who are able to do what myself and other top players do. It requires an extreme amount of dedication, motivation, time, and requires a special mental drive to do these things. I've been through a lot myself over the past 8 years I've played this game. Both bad and good. But in the end I just realize this is what I'm here for and I intend to keep going. I hope people can understand this.

• Like 2

Wtf are we doing, everyone just do what you want lol it doesnt matter have fun.

Lets move on i dont feel like reading a novel every post lol.

then don't read them, let people have their discussions as long as it doesn't drift too heavily off topic. This thread is not here to fulfill every need you demand.

also ripclan

So discussing the role of a psychologist is on topic (i think thats what's being talked about i dont have 5 hours to read all these long boring posts), but discussing spins is off topic/people who talk about them should be flamed and told they are wrong and off topic and should be banned. kk.

• Like 1

So discussing the role of a psychologist is on topic (i think thats what's being talked about i dont have 5 hours to read all these long boring posts), but discussing spins is off topic/people who talk about them should be flamed and told they are wrong and off topic and should be banned. kk.

When people discuss spin buying and whatnot they end up leaving rude remarks towards whoever buys them and also start shouting that they're dicers and whatnot and that is off topic lol

• Like 1

New adventurer log shows progress bars for 200M xp. Seems Jagex is encouraging people to go for 200Ms now and is treating that as the new max instead of 99/120

jagex just knows the game has been made so easy that 99 is nothing.

then don't read them, let people have their discussions as long as it doesn't drift too heavily off topic. This thread is not here to fulfill every need you demand.

also ripclan

Thanks for the ripclan thing, but i just have to say im not asking for everyone to fulfill every need i demand, its just this has gone on long enough and for the sake of the thread i think its a good idea to wrap it up.  

• Like 1

Discussing spins isn't off-topic, but considering how all those discussions turn into a flamewar and targetting players, yeah we'd rather not.

E: Also, this psychologist stuff is actually pretty interesting

No ones forcing you to read.
Also, riplclanleoleol /s

New adventurer log shows progress bars for 200M xp. Seems Jagex is encouraging people to go for 200Ms now and is treating that as the new max instead of 99/120

people have been getting 200ms for a decade. Jagex finally recognizes this in the form of a global message bearing the persons rsn and a progress bar on adventures log. No need to jump to such far fetched conclusions such as your own.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

people have been getting 200ms for a decade. Jagex finally recognizes this in the form of a global message bearing the persons rsn and a progress bar on adventures log. No need to jump to such far fetched conclusions such as your own.

There is nothing far-reaching about that quote. This is indeed Jagex implicitly encouraging people to get 200Ms in a way they hadn't done before. That a few people have always been going for 200Ms doesn't change the fact that most did not until very recently, and that Jagex is indeed affecting the metagame in a particular way by this subtle incentive.

• Like 1