200M in all Skills

Makilio

My only interactions with Success consisted of him raging at me in guthixian caches multiple times when I did them on my hardcore ironman. He would flame me so hard for subduing faster than he could lmao.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Ok i didn't want to be the one to start saying things, but since it's been brought up, ya he was a major dick and i was honestly so happy he got banned.  He harassed me, called me pathetic, and even made an account, joined my clan, and supported himself in an argument against me.  The argument was about me being pathetic and that suomi was a pedophile (why would he spread that rumor).  He then asked my friend for money and said he would pay him back, and then he just kept the money.

PEOPLE ON AN ONLINE GAME ARE BIG OL' MEANIES :'(

Hahahaha! Good one.

Oh wait, it's not. Toxic people and toxic communities aren't good for a game or forum or just about anything else, online or offline. Online or offline, harassment is bad.

• Like 2

ozXHe7P.png

Sof wasn't good for the game. Eoc wasn't good for the game. Warbands wasn't good for the game. SILVERHAWK BOOTS WASN'T GOOD FOR THE GAME. Changing the multilogging rule so some idiot who multilogged Stealing Creation wouldn't get in trouble because he had some sad ass livestream wasn't good for the game. Making everything afk wasn't good for the game...

The list goes on.

RuneScape is built upon tiered content (level 40 is better than level 30 which is better than level 20 which is better than...). There is only a half-hearted cohesion between skills, they're all pretty much individual (farming benefits farming, woodcutting benefits woodcutting, so on and so on) and otherwise solo (in fact, more people training a certain skills in the same place can be counterproductive often enough) experiences. Then you have the tick system, which essentially makes the game some quasi-real-time-turn-based-hybrid. In fact, there's countless things that make the game what it is, but aren't good for the game.

Evolution of Combat, Warbands, and quicker training (oftentimes AFK, yes) are side effects of this, band-aids at best. But that's because there's not much Jagex can do now. The ship has been sailing for 11 years (RS2 could have probably fixed these issues, all things said, hence why I'm excluding RSC; I'm aware that game is older than 11 years). They'd have to create a completely new game that only shares the RuneScape name to fix any of this. And you'd still hate it.

Admittedly, I agree that Treasure Hunter (or Squeal of Fortune, whatever name you want to use) is undeniably terrible on the game, but that's honestly not saying much. In fact, quicker/AFK training helps in some odd way by lessening the impact of Treasure Hunter to your typical player by making the gain from pay-to-win much less significant.

In any case, a player being toxic has nothing to do with these aspects of the game. And eliminating bad apples, which would hurt the game more than any of the above, is much easier than starting from scratch.

ozXHe7P.png

Ok i didn't want to be the one to start saying things, but since it's been brought up, ya he was a major dick and i was honestly so happy he got banned.  He harassed me, called me pathetic, and even made an account, joined my clan, and supported himself in an argument against me.  The argument was about me being pathetic and that suomi was a pedophile (why would he spread that rumor).  He then asked my friend for money and said he would pay him back, and then he just kept the money.

Hahahaha! Good one.

Oh wait, it's not. Toxic people and toxic communities aren't good for a game or forum or just about anything else, online or offline. Online or offline, harassment is bad.

league of legends is going strong

runescape is still going

call of doody

want more

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Hahahaha! Good one.

runescape is still going

call of doody

want more

You got me!

Oh wait, you didn't. Last time I checked, Riot was working to punish toxic players (and on launch, I remember seeing so many "I WAS MISBANNED RIOT!!!" posts followed by a Riot employee providing evidence to the contrary). Call of Duty is by no means the bastion of good communities or good gameplay, it's the butt end of most jokes regarding the toxicity of gaming communities (and also the stupid-monetization-attempts-because-we-are-evil-and-greedy Activision opinions). Obviously a player was banned in RuneScape for harassment, even if it took a real life incident to finally move Jagex into action, and honestly, the OSRS community is much more toxic than the RS3 community.

Sorry, you're wrong. Keep trying. I'll provide something to make you think:

Various image board sites that have virtually zero moderation are still around (i.e., 4chan). Would your bog standard, somewhat popular forum (i.e., Tip.it) following 4chan's lax moderation style and anything goes content policy improve the community? Give it some thought.

ozXHe7P.png

Hahahaha! Good one.

runescape is still going

call of doody

want more

You got me!

Oh wait, you didn't. Last time I checked, Riot was working to punish toxic players (and on launch, I remember seeing so many "I WAS MISBANNED RIOT!!!" posts followed by a Riot employee providing evidence to the contrary). Call of Duty is by no means the bastion of good communities or good gameplay, it's the butt end of most jokes regarding the toxicity of gaming communities (and also the stupid-monetization-attempts-because-we-are-evil-and-greedy Activision opinions). Obviously a player was banned in RuneScape for harassment, even if it took a real life incident to finally move Jagex into action, and honestly, the OSRS community is much more toxic than the RS3 community.

Sorry, you're wrong. Keep trying. I'll provide something to make you think:

Various image board sites that have virtually zero moderation are still around (i.e., 4chan). Would your bog standard, somewhat popular forum (i.e., Tip.it) following 4chan's lax moderation style and anything goes content policy improve the community? Give it some thought.

4chan has moderation, just not pg13 like this website forum

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Why did it take him 10 days to do his last 30mil Prayer xp? I mean you'd think once coop got headbutted off the top page and a space opened up he'd seize the opportunity but no he like goes and does regular dragon bones instead

• Like 1
A13d.png

Does the Fishing aura stack with the perfect fish juju?

I believe so, but I'm not certain.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Mod Balance:

Basically, if you're free-to-play for a long time and you're not actively playing, your rank isn't saved - it's to keep the hiscores free of inactive accounts.

In this case, Forsberg888 hadn't been logged into for ages putting it close to the time-out for appearing on the hiscores as it was a F2P account. On login it refreshed the ranks to put him at the bottom for his XP total, that's how the hiscores were written, deliberately because permanent status on the hiscores is reserved for members.
I'll check with our web team, but I'm confident that changing his rank to #2 would require us to rewrite the entire code for the hiscores, which obviously isn't feasible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3r7xb5/forsberg888_logged_back_in_and_got_rank_27_he/cwloklg

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch