200M in all Skills

Makilio

Mod Balance:

Basically, if you're free-to-play for a long time and you're not actively playing, your rank isn't saved - it's to keep the hiscores free of inactive accounts.

In this case, Forsberg888 hadn't been logged into for ages putting it close to the time-out for appearing on the hiscores as it was a F2P account. On login it refreshed the ranks to put him at the bottom for his XP total, that's how the hiscores were written, deliberately because permanent status on the hiscores is reserved for members.

I'll check with our web team, but I'm confident that changing his rank to #2 would require us to rewrite the entire code for the hiscores, which obviously isn't feasible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3r7xb5/forsberg888_logged_back_in_and_got_rank_27_he/cwloklg

Okay if that's how Jagex wants to play ball that's fine, except they claim individual 200M ranks are also not preserved, and according to another TIFer they are, since he lost ranks at 200M. So it appears there is some confusion internally with regard to how their own hiscores work.

Oh and boy, Reddit looked pissed there...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Mod Balance:

Basically, if you're free-to-play for a long time and you're not actively playing, your rank isn't saved - it's to keep the hiscores free of inactive accounts.

In this case, Forsberg888 hadn't been logged into for ages putting it close to the time-out for appearing on the hiscores as it was a F2P account. On login it refreshed the ranks to put him at the bottom for his XP total, that's how the hiscores were written, deliberately because permanent status on the hiscores is reserved for members.

I'll check with our web team, but I'm confident that changing his rank to #2 would require us to rewrite the entire code for the hiscores, which obviously isn't feasible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3r7xb5/forsberg888_logged_back_in_and_got_rank_27_he/cwloklg

How is mod balance still employed by any establishment that doesn't serve fast food

• Like 9

well i guess i have to keep paying membership till runescape shuts down now lol anyone with me

Well you don't actually have to stay a member, but if you're gonna go f2p you better not forget to log in once in a while otherwise RIP to your rank.

jessepinkman.png

Jessepinkman.png

#653 to 120 Divination

• 2 weeks later...

Forsberg (or however you spell his name), is one of the wealthiest players in game. I mean I don't know if he's top 0.001%, but he's probably easily at least top 0.05% and he has virtually no expenses since unlike most people he's 5.2B and doesn't need to save money for skills/120s/200M.  And he couldn't be bothered to buy a few bonds to keep his membership or to buy the year-long Gold P2p (which even some of my poorer friends have)? No sympathy at all for him or his lost rank.

Also lol at Jagex claiming that the reason why the highscores is set to remove old inactive ranks and not let them regain it when they become active again is because this would devalue the ranks for new players who surpassed the inactive player's ranks, as the new players would be bumped down when the old ranks returned. They claim they did this to preserve the 'accomplishments' of players, and with a straight face too, meanwhile they do all sorts of other bonus experience events/promotions/MTX/OP training methods that are continually devaluing people's achievements. I don't care about it, but I do find it funny.

If you're 200m in a skill, go F2P and inactive for a few months, you will disappear off the hiscores. But as soon as you log back in and out again, even in F2P, you will be back on the hiscores with your old rank position. I just confirmed that this is still the case. Overall Xp must not work the same way however.

• Like 1

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting about falling off the hiscores. At somepoint im still hoping to take the crown of longest active Runescape account. I mean I started playing the second month of the games launch there was only a few thousand players back then and of them how many could possibly still be actively playing?  

I think there are two people still around that hasn't lapsed their membership since they day it was introduced.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

It's probably interesting to them to see how different people would approach things. Would the rich ones with unlimited gp buy xp in a fast buyable? Would they be able to put in the hours to turn that gp into xp? Is there a non-buyable skill that can compete with that? etc

Mod edit: Had to remove some stuffs, sorry!

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

btw Forsberg is doing an AMA on reddit now https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/3xi3eb/lynx_titan_ama/

• Like 1

My yt: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrstenvikteam

my twitter: https://twitter.com/NoToAfkPray_OS

200m Prayer achieved           24/07/14

200m Construction achieved 25/08/15 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Top 15 update:

After spending lots of gp's and using 80 alt accounts to buy out the GE, 3 people are 5.4b.

12 others that were at 5.2b are also training invention and will be at 5.4b within 2 weeks.

Top 15 update:

After spending lots of gp's and using 80 alt accounts to buy out the GE, 3 people are 5.4b.

12 others that were at 5.2b are also training invention and will be at 5.4b within 2 weeks.

Sounds about right.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.