Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

200M in all Skills

29860 replies to this topic

Ice Flux
[ Display Name History ]

Ice Flux

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:.
  • RSN2:.

^^ and let's get back on topic for what this thread is all about.

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

People play efficiently to work towards a goal and/or compete, so even if they've been out of school/work for a few years, these type of people would usually still have what it takes to achieve their real life goals (as long as these goals are realistic enough) if they apply the same motivation once they finish their virtual goals.

You can't compare achieving goals in a game with achieving things like writing bachelor or do an apprentorship, yes it's trur that they 'would' have what it takes 'cause they can grind for months (and sadly... years) but i bet that almost no one of the top players have something like a real job/apprentorship or even finished university.

and if you think about it
what will get your far in life, playing runescape for over 20'000 hrs with quitting school (which is a common fact that many players did this) or studying/working for 20'000 hours?

But after all, it's not my life, i can't judge them because of this.
i'm just sure that i wouldn't ever be able to live on the cost of someone (mostly the parents) just because i wanna play a game cause of addiction.

it's like a junky, wasting cash and in the end he has nothing won with the drug. But still he thinks that, that what he does is "right" because they enjoy it. (And i know quite many junkies so i totally know what i'm talking about)
Both is unhealthy, damages the social life and in the end you're just dead and have nothing achieved.
and in both categories they don't think like that.

best example, when suomi quitted before 200m all he said that the game has destroyed his life, even if it was a great time, that's the samr thing which junkies are saying.
but he came back and started enjoying it again.
that's the same what junkies are saying.

so, is it really an achievement playing for 15 hrs a day rather then going far in real life?
I wouldn't be proud of sitting on my ass for 15 hrs calling my mom to bring food becsuse i don't wanna waste xp and then telling someone i'm working hard but they don't even lift. Lol best example is jebrim, he thinks he is a highly rated person because he spent over 15000 hrs training agility which does'nt take an effort, yeah i know i wouldn't be able to do that. But if i would be, i would TOTALLY NOT be proud of that.
The only exceptions are the youtubers, 'cause it's their work.

The community of rs is [bleep]ed up nowadays lol it's really sad reading this thread and see what game junkies are thinking of their addiction.

Merry christmas, if anyone is celebrating this
i know it's xp waste (that's what suomi said 2 years ago)

I haven't lived with family or even had a Christmas with them in 6 years. My mother died unexpectedly a month and a half ago as well. I hadn't seen her in over 2 years. A close friend died a couple weeks ago too. I pushed myself through college and am days away from getting my degree. I'll be getting a job soon as a software engineer, something that pays very well. I spent the past few months falling in love with an amazing girl, only to lose her to someone else. I barely play RuneScape these days. My life has been very eventful.

Don't pretend you anything about me.

And if you think runescape didn't hold you back on achieving these things, lololol

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Remember folks: the more efficient you are, the more respect you'll earn from your peers... unless you choose to train in the absolutely most efficient way possible via microtransactions; in which case, everyone will hate you because there's a limit on how efficient you're allowed to be :lol:

Not true. I respect the most work that was put into one's achievements. If you spent your RuneScape career nolifing your ass off doing slow non-afkables, I'll respect that much more than people who did easy afkable and fast skilling. Also the amount of time put in plays a big role too.

If we run agility laps together and I'm inefficient and slow as [bleep], will you respect me more than if I was able to keep up with you? :P

Micro-efficiency > macro-efficiency

IDK what that means lol

77yLQy8.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Micro-efficiency would be counting out ticks for when to click on the last obstacle on an Agility course. Macro-efficiency would be choosing which course to use, for example. At least that's my interpretation.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

I think the main problem I have with some of these comments is holding everyone else to your own standards. Implying that that someone else is wrong because they don't value/work towards/respect the same things that any certain individual does ..? People are going to do what they enjoy and how they reach and approach those situations shouldn't matter.

Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Jebrim
[ Display Name History ]

Jebrim

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RSN:Jebrim I
  • RSN2:Jebrim V
  • RSN '07:Jebrim IV
  • Clan:TMOA

Micro is maximizing your Xp/hr (skill) at a particular method whereas Macro is picking the general method to train at. Micro = most efficient way to train at a course (perfect laps); macro = most efficient course to train at. Not limited to just Agility. Most Overall players tend to focus on the macro and just do it lazily without becoming pro at it. Real skill is in the micro and that's far more important in impressiveness than knowing which place to train at.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Swisscooler_
[ Display Name History ]

Swisscooler_

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • RSN:Swisscooler

Micro is maximizing your Xp/hr (skill) at a particular method whereas Macro is picking the general method to train at. Micro = most efficient way to train at a course (perfect laps); macro = most efficient course to train at. Not limited to just Agility. Most Overall players tend to focus on the macro and just do it lazily without becoming pro at it. Real skill is in the micro and that's far more important in impressiveness than knowing which place to train at.

micro = sof 'cause it's most efficient

stenvikteam
[ Display Name History ]

stenvikteam

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts

micro = sof 'cause it's most efficient

i think you mean macro

My yt: https://www.youtube....r/mrstenvikteam

my twitter: https://twitter.com/NoToAfkPray_OS

200m Prayer achieved           24/07/14

200m Construction achieved 25/08/15 

Peever
[ Display Name History ]

Peever

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • RSN:Peever142

I've never seen so much petty arguing in my life.  And its all over a game...... PIXELS!!!  Why does it really matter how much or often someone plays?  We all make our own choices in life and if we are happy with those choices than who cares.  This thread is a microcosm of what is wrong with the human race as a whole.  I don't like what your doing so your wrong!!!  Everyone needs to just take a breath and relax.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and there is nothing wrong with debating peoples opinions but making fun of them is too far and a bit childish.  As Jebrim proved no one knows anything (generally) about the person behind the account...  Now......  

How long before all first page 5.2?  End of 2015?  Mid 2015?  Sooner?  Later?  

Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts

You're saying we shouldn't care about what others do? That's not a good way to live your life

Kr148
[ Display Name History ]

Kr148

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • RSN:Kr148
  • RSN '07:Kr149
  • Clan:Wosby's altfest

How does cutting crystal trees then doing c2 fishing compare to doing c2 wcing and c2 fishing at the same time?

Licert1
[ Display Name History ]

Licert1

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 273 posts

I've never seen so much petty arguing in my life.  And its all over a game...... PIXELS!!!  Why does it really matter how much or often someone plays?  We all make our own choices in life and if we are happy with those choices than who cares.  This thread is a microcosm of what is wrong with the human race as a whole.  I don't like what your doing so your wrong!!!  Everyone needs to just take a breath and relax.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and there is nothing wrong with debating peoples opinions but making fun of them is too far and a bit childish.  As Jebrim proved no one knows anything (generally) about the person behind the account...  Now......  

How long before all first page 5.2?  End of 2015?  Mid 2015?  Sooner?  Later?  

Because I have more idea of someones personal life and how they should be living it even though I don't know them at all.

Peever
[ Display Name History ]

Peever

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 343 posts

You're saying we shouldn't care about what others do? That's not a good way to live your life

When its in the context of a video game.... Absolutely.  

Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,471 posts

Theres was a bug out there where you could keep recieving and using xp lamps from a quest reward. All you needed was a way to forcibly drop it from your inventory which wasn't easy since they are delete items and talk to the npc again to recieve the reward (again). You then die on the spot you dropped it because your grave makes any items in the spot it is on not despawn, which is why it doesn't let you drop new items on that spot.

You do that for a few hours and you could 200m all. 

That is the most efficient way to max both macro and micro. /runescape speedrun

Edit: this has been fixed by Jagex in most situations now, you get troll messages from them if you try to use "duped" xp lamps and the quests where this chain of events can happen are few and far between

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Eh I think most people would be a lot happier if they cared less about how other people behave.

77yLQy8.png

Peever
[ Display Name History ]

Peever

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 343 posts

Eh I think most people would be a lot happier if they cared less about how other people behave.

Correct

Posted Image

Kr148
[ Display Name History ]

Kr148

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • RSN:Kr148
  • RSN '07:Kr149
  • Clan:Wosby's altfest

Anyway lets tal about, how many hours would be lost if you did 200m wc at crystal trees then did 200m fishing in c2s, instead of doing them simultaneously during c2s.  I ask this because im not familiar with the rates of either right now, i think woodcutting last i heard was like 110k, with bonus and skillchompas could get a little under 300k or something, and fishing im not even sure if its more efficient to do rocktails with skill chompas or do c2. 

i guess for my comparison base it on no bxp no skill chompas, efficient c2 vs efficient c2fish and crystal trees

Ice Flux
[ Display Name History ]

Ice Flux

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • RSN:.
  • RSN2:.

Almostlost and Roger AL are having a tight race. Suomi isn't sure who to wait for!

Jebrim
[ Display Name History ]

Jebrim

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RSN:Jebrim I
  • RSN2:Jebrim V
  • RSN '07:Jebrim IV
  • Clan:TMOA

Theres was a bug out there where you could keep recieving and using xp lamps from a quest reward. All you needed was a way to forcibly drop it from your inventory which wasn't easy since they are delete items and talk to the npc again to recieve the reward (again). You then die on the spot you dropped it because your grave makes any items in the spot it is on not despawn, which is why it doesn't let you drop new items on that spot.

Edit: this has been fixed by Jagex in most situations now, you get troll messages from them if you try to use "duped" xp lamps and the quests where this chain of events can happen are few and far between

You clearly don't understand what micro means. Micro does not care which is most macroly efficient. ANY method can be micro'd, unless it's 100% afk lol.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Swisscooler_
[ Display Name History ]

Swisscooler_

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • RSN:Swisscooler

You clearly don't understand what micro means. Micro does not care which is most macroly efficient. ANY method can be micro'd, unless it's 100% afk lol.
so macro > micro because you need less time for achieving 200m all.
micro is just more worth for people who think the way like you think.
It's the same thing as it's always better to afk 100% for an hr a day while doing rl stuff rather then logging off
maybe not in the end playtime, but you still were getting xp, more then if you care about micro so, macro > micro.
and don't trying to tell me that micro is more worth
yeah maybe for someone who thinks playing a game is "working and achieving hard stuff" but in the end
drumgun who afked most of his skill is still rank 1 lol even if he needed more time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users