Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

200M in all Skills

29863 replies to this topic

Paperbag
[ Display Name History ]

Paperbag

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Paperbag

Yeah you get taken off the hiscores if you don't log in game for 3 months

Kr148
[ Display Name History ]

Kr148

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • RSN:Kr148
  • RSN '07:Kr149
  • Clan:Wosby's altfest

if he logs in does he get rank 2 back?

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Rank order is (supposed to be) preserved, so yes he should.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ice Flux
[ Display Name History ]

Ice Flux

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • RSN:.
  • RSN2:.

Rank order is (supposed to be) preserved, so yes he should.

Guess not.

http://puu.sh/l6KGd.png

G0d_vs_D3vil
[ Display Name History ]

G0d_vs_D3vil

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:G0d vs D3vil
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

prety sure its bug because on skill hiscores you always go back where you been and this would be retarded if you would lose rank like this

Posted Image

J a m e s
[ Display Name History ]

J a m e s

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Mod Balance:

Basically, if you're free-to-play for a long time and you're not actively playing, your rank isn't saved - it's to keep the hiscores free of inactive accounts.

In this case, Forsberg888 hadn't been logged into for ages putting it close to the time-out for appearing on the hiscores as it was a F2P account. On login it refreshed the ranks to put him at the bottom for his XP total, that's how the hiscores were written, deliberately because permanent status on the hiscores is reserved for members.
I'll check with our web team, but I'm confident that changing his rank to #2 would require us to rewrite the entire code for the hiscores, which obviously isn't feasible.

https://www.reddit.c...k_27_he/cwloklg

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts

Mod Balance:

Basically, if you're free-to-play for a long time and you're not actively playing, your rank isn't saved - it's to keep the hiscores free of inactive accounts.

In this case, Forsberg888 hadn't been logged into for ages putting it close to the time-out for appearing on the hiscores as it was a F2P account. On login it refreshed the ranks to put him at the bottom for his XP total, that's how the hiscores were written, deliberately because permanent status on the hiscores is reserved for members.
I'll check with our web team, but I'm confident that changing his rank to #2 would require us to rewrite the entire code for the hiscores, which obviously isn't feasible.

Okay if that's how Jagex wants to play ball that's fine, except they claim individual 200M ranks are also not preserved, and according to another TIFer they are, since he lost ranks at 200M. So it appears there is some confusion internally with regard to how their own hiscores work.

Oh and boy, Reddit looked pissed there...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

G0d_vs_D3vil
[ Display Name History ]

G0d_vs_D3vil

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • RSN:G0d vs D3vil
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

balance confirmed win mk not allowed too

Posted Image

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts

balance confirmed win mk not allowed too

Sorry, win mk is...? Not Windows Mousekeys,is it?

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

ETA on permaban

l7sDe.png

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Mod Balance:

How is mod balance still employed by any establishment that doesn't serve fast food

A13d
[ Display Name History ]

A13d

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 813 posts
  • RSN:A13d

well i guess i have to keep paying membership till runescape shuts down now lol anyone with me

Posted Image

Death7178
[ Display Name History ]

Death7178

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 123 posts

well i guess i have to keep paying membership till runescape shuts down now lol anyone with me

Well you don't actually have to stay a member, but if you're gonna go f2p you better not forget to log in once in a while otherwise RIP to your rank.

jessepinkman.png

Jessepinkman.png

#653 to 120 Divination

A13d
[ Display Name History ]

A13d

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 813 posts
  • RSN:A13d

nah man that's WAAAYYYYY too much to remember to do after you're 5.2

Posted Image

Auror
[ Display Name History ]

Auror

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • RSN:Don Auror

What is the most efficient order to get 5,4b xp?

Also, what dailie should one do?

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Forsberg (or however you spell his name), is one of the wealthiest players in game. I mean I don't know if he's top 0.001%, but he's probably easily at least top 0.05% and he has virtually no expenses since unlike most people he's 5.2B and doesn't need to save money for skills/120s/200M.  And he couldn't be bothered to buy a few bonds to keep his membership or to buy the year-long Gold P2p (which even some of my poorer friends have)? No sympathy at all for him or his lost rank.

Also lol at Jagex claiming that the reason why the highscores is set to remove old inactive ranks and not let them regain it when they become active again is because this would devalue the ranks for new players who surpassed the inactive player's ranks, as the new players would be bumped down when the old ranks returned. They claim they did this to preserve the 'accomplishments' of players, and with a straight face too, meanwhile they do all sorts of other bonus experience events/promotions/MTX/OP training methods that are continually devaluing people's achievements. I don't care about it, but I do find it funny.

puretppc
[ Display Name History ]

puretppc

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • RSN:Achieving

This is going to be my ultimate goal in Runescape. Will blog about it soon.

Achieving.png

Also, check out my Youtube Channel for more awesome RS Videos and Guides!

Jebrim
[ Display Name History ]

Jebrim

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RSN:Jebrim I
  • RSN2:Jebrim V
  • RSN '07:Jebrim IV
  • Clan:TMOA

If you're 200m in a skill, go F2P and inactive for a few months, you will disappear off the hiscores. But as soon as you log back in and out again, even in F2P, you will be back on the hiscores with your old rank position. I just confirmed that this is still the case. Overall Xp must not work the same way however.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

asfcjfdyitfhglh
[ Display Name History ]

asfcjfdyitfhglh

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 410 posts

-

Everyonedies
[ Display Name History ]

Everyonedies

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 657 posts

Interesting about falling off the hiscores. At somepoint im still hoping to take the crown of longest active Runescape account. I mean I started playing the second month of the games launch there was only a few thousand players back then and of them how many could possibly still be actively playing?  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users