200M in all Skills

Makilio

The serverside total xp would probably be a toughy to crack, and is more of a law violation than a rule voilation. If you were talking about clientside though, you can have 200m xp in every skill in the client.

:)

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Technically he is right that we have not seen proof that there is no xp cap. There is no reason to assume there is one, but nothing prevents it from existing. Now can we drop this, as we can't even find out without cracking the source code (which I do believe is a Jagex rule violation?).

Even though it's a frivolous discussion, I'd just like to point out that even if the experience cap exists(before 5b exp), a player can still get to 5b experience by getting 200m in all skills. It just wouldn't show it in overall experience.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Wouldnt common sense tell you 5b is the max because of the restraint of 200m exp per skill. There is probably no cap on overall exp you can gain, its just restrained by how many skills are in rs. If the cap was between 3-5b then theoretically a person could max 24 skills and not be able to level the 25th skill at all. Thats why sometimes its stupid to even question some topics.

Also in regards to paperbag - think of real life as rs and think of your daily tasks as skills. Obviously you wont be an expert at everything unless you practice. Pretend having a job is a skill and you have to start at level 1. Lol

Total XP isn't displayed ingame so that Jagex don't have to stick to 32bit when displaying it.

Jagex don't have to stick to 32 bit in the client, they could use longs without any changes needed.

Well runescape uses quite some interesting techniques (from a programmers point of view) to sent a lot of "data" without straining your internet connection. These techniques may cause troubles with 32/64 bit boundaries.. Though it won't be more than a regular runetek update.

HOWEVER, there is also a database behind your data: where the stats are centrally stored. This would also have to be updated, this isn't a difficult task, but given the amount of accounts can be quite time consuming. I wouldn't be surprised if this could take in excess of several hours, in which all time no one could log in (or out). Remember that there are many, many inactive accounts which also have to be updated/copied.

Is it morally right to stop a service for several hours for a few people who reached the max?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Total XP isn't displayed ingame so that Jagex don't have to stick to 32bit when displaying it.

Jagex don't have to stick to 32 bit in the client, they could use longs without any changes needed.

Well runescape uses quite some interesting techniques (from a programmers point of view) to sent a lot of "data" without straining your internet connection. These techniques may cause troubles with 32/64 bit boundaries.. Though it won't be more than a regular runetek update.

HOWEVER, there is also a database behind your data: where the stats are centrally stored. This would also have to be updated, this isn't a difficult task, but given the amount of accounts can be quite time consuming. I wouldn't be surprised if this could take in excess of several hours, in which all time no one could log in (or out). Remember that there are many, many inactive accounts which also have to be updated/copied.

Is it morally right to stop a service for several hours for a few people who reached the max?

Well the way you worded your question I would say is a bit bias. Also I would say that this would not just be for players who reached the max, it could be helpful to everyone who's annoyed that they have to check highscores/runetracker/etc. to see their overall xp. One last thing, I'm not sure how it's worked but this down time could potentially be incorporated with another big update to be 'efficient' lol. Just my thoughts on the subject

Uber Pro Scaper

Muahahaa

int and long are both primitives in Java, they can be used interchangeably. If you cast long to int, you simply get the value mod 2^31, if you cast int to long, nothing happens. There shouldn't be any downtime beyong that of a normal system update if they actually assign the task to competent programmers. Also, an entire database can have all of its fields' datatypes changed very quickly.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Uhm you know that java is a (very) strong typed language? You can't ever think in a language such as this of "using a type interchangeable". But indeed, the client may not see any problems.

However the back end,database has to be effectivelly rewritten. Not for the least suddenly each entry has double the memory location. And as a database is stored on a harddisk, not in random access memory, this takes quite a while.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Uhm you know that java is a (very) strong typed language? You can't ever think in a language such as this of "using a type interchangeable". But indeed, the client may not see any problems.

However the back end,database has to be effectivelly rewritten. Not for the least suddenly each entry has double the memory location. And as a database is stored on a harddisk, not in random access memory, this takes quite a while.

Primitives are an exception to many rules in Java. You can treat char as int, int as long, float as double, short as int, byte as int, char as byte and a few more, but I think you get the point. Even if Jagex were to (for some reason) completely rewrite the xp table, and with ~10m accounts, they would have to read 250,000,000 lots of experience, each being 4 bytes, then writing double that. Reading 1gb and then writing 2gb wouldn't take very long on server-grade hard disks. They could also update it on a per-player basis and update each row when the player first logs in after the update, at a max of 200,000 people attempting to login at the same time, that would only be 20mb read and 40mb write.

This is a senseless argument, how are you going to prove each other right or wrong? \

You simply don't know how Jagex coded their system.

If you guys really want to battle it out, save this page/print screen shots/whatever - and wait until somebody actually hits the 5 bil. Or if there's a cap inbetween 3-5 bil, you can figure that out too.

And if you want to make that time as short as possible, start donating money to whoever you think will be first.

capt%20kevin.png

Here's the updated Milestones chart

I'm pretty sure the 100M and 200M is accurate as of today. The 50M xp is harder to track since I would need to look up every player over 700M xp to be 100% sure. Any corrections will be noted and adjusted in the future, if possible, drop me a PM.

Changes since july 17th are in bold

Players with the most skills over 50M xp (Not much going on on this chart this past 2 weeks and I don't expect any of the following players to hit any new skills over 50M aside from Dapledo)

1- Elias 20 skills

2- Kingduffy 20 skills

3- Zarfot 19 skills

4- Allar 19 skills

5- Elvis 19 skills

6- Telmomarques 18 skills

7- Suomi 17 skills

8- Jdelacroix 16 skills

9- Dapledo 15 skills

10- Lan 14 skills

11- Tezz 14 skills

12- 398573520683 14 skills

13- Drumgun 14 skills

Players with most skills over 100M xp (Elias could tie Allar with farming in 8-10 weeks...still pretty far - Suomi will tie for 2nd position in 2 weeks with defence - Drumgun will get his 12th skill this week - Elvis is close to 3 new skills but I only expect one in the next update - Kingduffy is close with ranged but I don't expect him to get it in time for the next update - everyone else is far from hitting new milestones)

1- Allar 14 skills

2- Jdelacroix 13 skills

3- Telmomarques 13 skills

4- Elias 13 skills

5- Tezz 13 skills

6- Suomi 12 skills

7- Drumgun 11 skills

8- Elvis 10 skills

9- Erw J 9 skills

10- Paperbag 9 skills

11- Kingduffy 9 skills

Players with most skills at 200M xp (Suomi is on pace to get his 10th skill in 8 weeks with slayer followed by ranged in 10 weeks and defence in 12 weeks - Tezz will get his10th in 6-8 weeks with magic - Jdelacroix is on pace to reach his 9th with smithing in 4 weeks - Elias could get his 9th with attack as soon as he comes back from vacation - Elvis could get his 8th skill with herblore in 4-6 weeks - Drumgun and Paperbag are both far from any new skills at 200M)

1- Drumgun 10 skills

2- Telmomarques 10 skills

3- Suomi 9 skills

4- Tezz 9 skills

5- Paperbag 8 skills

6- Jdelacroix 8 skills

7- Elias 8 skills

8- Elvis 7 skills

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

This is a senseless argument, how are you going to prove each other right or wrong? \

You simply don't know how Jagex coded their system.

If you guys really want to battle it out, save this page/print screen shots/whatever - and wait until somebody actually hits the 5 bil. Or if there's a cap inbetween 3-5 bil, you can figure that out too.

And if you want to make that time as short as possible, start donating money to whoever you think will be first.

We were discussing the switch from int to long for xp, but I'll stop anyway because it is bothering people :)

Thanks for the update as always langer <3

Thanks for the update! :D

@the data type debate: I don't think Jagex would upgrade to 64-bit because that would upset everyone who currently has a top page 200M stat. Many people go for 200M's for the rank or for the sense of completion by maxing out every stat. Because the max value for data type long is about 9 Quintillion, and since xp is stored in tenths, one would have to achieve 900 Quadrillion xp in a skill in order to lock themselves a perm rank - something that's just not going to happen. It would also ruin the sense of completion for maxing out every stat because it would be impossible to do this let alone max even one stat in an entire lifetime (not even suomi could do it, sorry m8), unless they also upgrade skills to a billion xp per hour, but then again that would be about as pointless as the 10x hitpoints oops i mean constitution update, and not even worth the effort upgrading to 64-bit in the first place.

My 2 oops i mean 20 cents.

A13d.png

@the data type debate: I don't think Jagex would upgrade to 64-bit because that would upset everyone who currently has a top page 200M stat. Many people go for 200M's for the rank or for the sense of completion by maxing out every stat. Because the max value for data type long is about 9 Quintillion, and since xp is stored in tenths, one would have to achieve 900 Quadrillion xp in a skill in order to lock themselves a perm rank - something that's just not going to happen. It would also ruin the sense of completion for maxing out every stat because it would be impossible to do this let alone max even one stat in an entire lifetime (not even suomi could do it, sorry m8), unless they also upgrade skills to a billion xp per hour, but then again that would be about as pointless as the 10x hitpoints oops i mean constitution update, and not even worth the effort upgrading to 64-bit in the first place.

Remember there are also plenty of players who feel that the 200m xp cap just serves to close off skills that they enjoy training, thus making them either reducing the enjoyment in their gameplay or making them do a Jebrim and create more accounts to get up there again - after all, just about everyone who get stats to 200m would do it in a stat they enjoyed, and just about everyone has at least one, usually 2 or 3, stat(s) which they hate, which, as they accumulate more and more 200m skills in stats they like, become(s) an ever more significant part of the game.

Plus I don't like the idea of a rank being permanently set in stone. And I dont think I would feel different even if I was rank 1 in something.

Just saying that though there are definately some who support the view you posted above, you cant really use it as an argument for why Jagex shouldn't raise the xp cap as the view is far from universal.

And if you point out that I dont have any top page stats to try to devalue my arguments, there is two things that you need to consider - first, that there are those who have expressed these or similar sentiments who do have top page ranks (Jebrim, Kingduffy, Xxx Neo Xxx7 to name but three), and second, the top page people are already an insignificant part of the people with 200m stats - and over time that will just get more and more the case.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion then. Personally I think that the first person to set foot on the moon should have his name in stone. The first person to invent the lightbulb should have his name in stone. The first person who climbed mount everest should have his name in stone.

I don't think the my view is as far from universal as you make it out to be :P

Also I wouldn't pull the level card, you have pretty good stats yourself lol

A13d.png

Dapledo is currently fletching some 7m xp days ! :)

Not hard since the max xp rate is 675k (would be "infinite" if he was doing it while wcing).

I'm pretty sure that the 'infinite' fletching rate whilst wcing can't be interpreted like that

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

Dapledo is currently fletching some 7m xp days ! :)

Not hard since the max xp rate is 675k (would be "infinite" if he was doing it while wcing).

I'm pretty sure that the 'infinite' fletching rate whilst wcing can't be interpreted like that

Fletching while wcing does not result in an infinite xp rate. Thats missing using the worse infinite. Obviously an infinite xp/hr would result in the hours required going to 0, but its not infinite; it's just not applicable.

___

Highest overall xp with:

0 200ms: Cynder76, 1.502B

1 200m: Dapledo, 1.717B

2 200ms: Kingduffy, 2.226B

3 200ms: Number1 Boss, 1.885B

4 200ms: Kngkyle, 2.036B

5 200ms: TG, 1.9951

6 200ms: Green098, 2.056B

7 200ms: Elvis, 2.654B

8 200ms: Elias, 3.00B

9 200ms: SUOMI, 2.744B

10 200ms: Telmomarques, 2.871B

I think thats accurate. Interesting to see the spread and effect of 200ms.

Skill Achievements:

2005: 368th to 99 fletching, 457th to 99 cooking

2006: 3842nd to 99 strength, 331st to 99 firemaking, 5180th to 99 attack, 5294th to 99 hitpoints, 4409th to 99 defence, 374th to 99 prayer

2007: 429th to 99 smithing, 98th to 99 farming, 3878th to 99 ranged, 377th to 99 crafting, 4098th to to 99 magic, 126th to 99 herblore

2008: 492nd to 99 runecrafting, 1812nd to 99 slayer, 845th to 99 summoning, 971st to 99 construction

2009: 5140th to 99 hunter, 14,821st to 99 fishing, 2788th to 99 agility, 32,794th to 99 woodcutting, 3142nd to 99 mining, 10,436th to 99 thieving

297th to 2376 Overall

Top 100 skills: Crafting, Farming, Firemaking

Top 50 Skills: Prayer, Herblore

Top 21 skills: Hunter (rank 16) - 2 hours after it was released

X Helchild X. 2001-2010

http://www.youtube.com/xhelchildx