200M in all Skills

Makilio

Dapledo is currently fletching some 7m xp days ! :)

Not hard since the max xp rate is 675k (would be "infinite" if he was doing it while wcing).

I didn't say it's hard, just caught my eye because he normally doesn't gain that much xp a day.

The only limit is your own imagination.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion then. Personally I think that the first person to set foot on the moon should have his name in stone. The first person to invent the lightbulb should have his name in stone. The first person who climbed mount everest should have his name in stone.

I don't think the my view is as far from universal as you make it out to be :P

Also I wouldn't pull the level card, you have pretty good stats yourself lol

I agree with A13d. Just because Jebrim and a FEW others are obsessed with a skill doesn't mean that the majority should suffer and lose their hard earned top ranks. Everyone who got rank 1 in a skill did it in a much harder/time consuming way than someone who got it years/months later. If your argument is "They should remove the xp cap because 10 people only like 1 skill in the game" then it is a very bad one. Also, seeing as you mentioned Jebrim, he wants it to be removed because he is "living in the shadow of Lover Romeo" <-- his words. I'm pretty sure that in his case it's more about getting rank 1 agility = E-fame/boost rather than enjoying it. I'm not saying he doesn't enjoy it I'm just saying that rank 1 is more important to him and anyone else who isn't rank 1 in a skill. I think Paul or Andrew said they would never increase the 200m cap because "it's already very far from 13m xp which is required for 99". I read that on the RSOF a while ago.

Makaveli_93.png

At what point do you guys think the xp cap was brought in? I assume it was decided once Jagex realised some people were prepared to keep training and training way past 99 then they brought it in during a normal update to the game.

Was the ever an announcement or anything?

Avid43.png

I believe it was discovered by the first person to reach 200m fletching, who then went on to complain about not being able to gain more xp! The cap was probably introduced as he approached that amount, in order to keep numbers pretty. That being said, I don't think it would be possible to find out when this was introduced :(

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

At what point do you guys think the xp cap was brought in? I assume it was decided once Jagex realised some people were prepared to keep training and training way past 99 then they brought it in during a normal update to the game.

Was the ever an announcement or anything?

I believe it was always there.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

I guess it's just a matter of opinion then. Personally I think that the first person to set foot on the moon should have his name in stone. The first person to invent the lightbulb should have his name in stone. The first person who climbed mount everest should have his name in stone.

I don't think the my view is as far from universal as you make it out to be :P

Also I wouldn't pull the level card, you have pretty good stats yourself lol

I agree with A13d. Just because Jebrim and a FEW others are obsessed with a skill doesn't mean that the majority should suffer and lose their hard earned top ranks. Everyone who got rank 1 in a skill did it in a much harder/time consuming way than someone who got it years/months later. If your argument is "They should remove the xp cap because 10 people only like 1 skill in the game" then it is a very bad one. Also, seeing as you mentioned Jebrim, he wants it to be removed because he is "living in the shadow of Lover Romeo" <-- his words. I'm pretty sure that in his case it's more about getting rank 1 agility = E-fame/boost rather than enjoying it. I'm not saying he doesn't enjoy it I'm just saying that rank 1 is more important to him and anyone else who isn't rank 1 in a skill. I think Paul or Andrew said they would never increase the 200m cap because "it's already very far from 13m xp which is required for 99". I read that on the RSOF a while ago.

Well I do feel the sense of a "maximum" as something terribly annoying: the closer I get to a 99 in a skill the more I feel annoyed this is the "best" you can get in a skill. (Well you can get ranks/xp, but you can't actually get better/more things in that skill). I personally get demotivated by such a level cap (hence you'll see my dungeoneering is way higher than anything else, as I'm still far away from the dungeoneering max).

I'm wondering what will happen at the time someone reaches 200M in all skills. (Which might actually be reached in like 2-3 years, given the fact that xp rates will keep growing).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'm wondering what will happen at the time someone reaches 200M in all skills. (Which might actually be reached in like 2-3 years, given the fact that xp rates will keep growing).

Just a possibility:

The player's stats will be resetted so that everything can be done all over again. To calculate the highscores it is however remembered that this player has maxed out once so that his actual xp is 200M + the xp he gained after maxing. This player can thus go over 200M xp in a skill and gain rank 1. So, the 200M cap on xp in a certain skill is only temporary

congrats @dragonseance on 200m dung!!!!! time to get 200m slayer and show these jelly haters

twitter.com/dragonseance

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

oke the maximum XP thing is quiet simple

the maximum java number = 2.147.483.647 (something like that)

the maximum RS xp = 200,000,000

Runescape works with 0,5 xp

so the limit is 214.748.364,7

As it seems it is not really a nice number

so they rounded it down to 200m

thats just how it works

the xp cant go over 214M XP

Jagex thought this number is not nice to end with

couse i think most people prefer the looks of 200m xp then 214m xp but that is just my opinion

hope this cleared some things up

so unles jagex upgrade the xp wont go over 214M PERIOD

Captain_Guns.png

Captain_Guns.png

Crazy Captain Productions

You didn't really need to clear that up because we knew all about it, thanks anyways though. It was just a few people who came up with wild 'what if' theories causing confusion and a pointless discussion really. No idea why we talked about something so obvious for so long lol. It's as obvious as the trolling of these so called Dragonseance fanboys.

Makaveli_93.png

You didn't really need to clear that up because we knew all about it, thanks anyways though. It was just a few people who came up with wild 'what if' theories causing confusion and a pointless discussion really. No idea why we talked about something so obvious for so long lol. It's as obvious as the trolling of these so called Dragonseance fanboys.

i know you knew it already

but there are quiet some new people who don´t

and as it seems they do not read everything so i just said it again :)

btw makaveli any plans on goin for a top 10 place ?

Captain_Guns.png

Captain_Guns.png

Crazy Captain Productions

i know you knew it already

but there are quiet some new people who don´t

and as it seems they do not read everything so i just said it again :)

btw makaveli any plans on goin for a top 10 place ?

Yeah, some people don't read before they post lol.

And nah, I just play and do what I feel like and honestly I would never have the inspiration or time to get 2b+ xp. I play like 5-6 hours a day on average and I'm not really a tryhard :P

Makaveli_93.png

It's silly to speculate about the maximum xp, as long as we are may as well add another theory.

Odds are high that the database is Oracle and that it is programmed using the NUMBER datatype, and records all xp gained including XP gained past 200m, and the client's has an artificial cap of 200m set.

If they are using NUMBER, they do have a few other Numeric datatypes but NUMBER's quite capable of storing floats as well as integers so it's very commonly used. It's capable of storing 38 significant figures as well as positive and negative numbers to 9.999...9 x 10 ^125.

Info about the NUMBER datatype:

NUMBER Datatype

The NUMBER datatype stores fixed and floating-point numbers. Numbers of virtually any magnitude can be stored and are guaranteed portable among different systems operating Oracle Database, up to 38 digits of precision.

The following numbers can be stored in a NUMBER column:

Positive numbers in the range 1 x 10^-130 to 9.99...9 x 10^125 with up to 38 significant digits

Negative numbers from -1 x 10^-130 to 9.99...99 x 10^125 with up to 38 significant digits

Zero

Positive and negative infinity (generated only by importing from an Oracle Database, Version 5)

Want to speculate even further. When your interfacing with an Oracle database there's no rule that says you can't use Long to store the data - it's normally for strings though. Each Long field can hold 2 GB's and the thing is Java's just an interface to the data that comes out simply as raw data, the datatypes aren't required to match other then size constraints of the datatype in the middle/front end. And this case it's really easy to keep things tidy because you know the only thing the front end will ever send to the field is a number.

---

TL;DR: Maybe they're already storing past 200m xp on the database.

thats just how it works

couse i think most people prefer the looks of 200m xp then 214m xp but that is just my opinion

There is no "maximum java number", please don't say that there is. If someone bothered to make a class just for the purpose, numbers up to 2^(2^32) could be worked with on a 32-bit OS.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Nice the very first post of this thread has been updated to include langer's updates.

Just saying, oh and dragonseance twitter said he will be moving on to slayer now.

:thumbup: Very nice initiative by Makilio! This will also mean we will get less replies from people who only read the first post.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Tezz has now passed Drumgun to claim rank #7. Grats.

Also in other news Wyvern is abot 2k xp away from claiming a permanent rank 4 for slayer, and Oliver is about 70k away from a permanent rank 2 in Summoning. An early grats to both these guys for 200m.

thats just how it works

There is no "maximum java number", please don't say that there is. If someone bothered to make a class just for the purpose, numbers up to 2^(2^32) could be worked with on a 32-bit OS.

Of course there isn't, java as language is turing complete (though computers aren't turing complete as they lack memory).

HOWEVER for all purposes using a BIGNUM class is terrible: instead of 1 clockcycle to do elementary mathematic operators on the numbers. It'll easily take 100-1000 clock cycles to do those things. That's unfeasable. So there is a "maximum numbers" for the primitve datatypes (which are supported by the architecture). 2^16 for shorts, 2^32 for "int" and "long" datatypes and 2^64 for long longs.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Wyvernrider4 7k from 200m Slayer

Olivier404 70k from 200m Summoning

Nice!

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

thats just how it works

Of course there isn't, java as language is turing complete (though computers aren't turing complete as they lack memory).

HOWEVER for all purposes using a BIGNUM class is terrible: instead of 1 clockcycle to do elementary mathematic operators on the numbers. It'll easily take 100-1000 clock cycles to do those things. That's unfeasable. So there is a "maximum numbers" for the primitve datatypes (which are supported by the architecture). 2^16 for shorts, 2^32 for "int" and "long" datatypes and 2^64 for long longs.

That max for long is 2^63-1, long longs don't exist in Java. Can we please leave this here now?