200M in all Skills

Makilio

Could also be looking at money in the wrong way. Not everyone has to work for it, time could be used buying spins and playing without work occupying your time. There must be trust fund kids or recipients of hefty inheritances among the top rank players. With the amount of time that's spent playing runescape, I'd suggest a lot of them have money that they don't work for. How else would they pay for computers, internet, food etc? For some this could be welfare cheques/the dole, but what about elder players who have retired? They could have earned more money than they'll ever need, or be in receipt of a bulky pension that not only covers living costs, but provides them with a liquid income they may be too infirm to use as they please.

Also take into account those who work on the computer, or from home, who can shape their shift pattern around their every day lives. Runescape and earning/having money are not mutually exclusive.

Why would you even pay for XP instead of gaining it with fun?

Most people wouldn't do that of course. But with these top players, we're talking about extremes. And it's a bit theoretical of course.

Not trying to say that they are paying for xp, because it seems that they don't.

Hmm

Grinding 200ms is fun?

Buying a 200m that causes people to lose all respect for you is not fun, so relative to that, yes, grinding 200ms is 'fun'.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Hmm

Grinding 200ms is fun?

I'd be surprised if someone like suomi hated grinding. You don't get that far unless you enjoy it.

• Like 1

Hmm

Grinding 200ms is fun?

Grinding spin-claiming is fun?

Yes, we have that 10x button now, but it'll still take a decent bit of time to claim the $200 in spins per day, and you'll have to do it for a long time to actually hit 200m in anything.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Hmm

Grinding 200ms is fun?

Fun is subjective, thats why their are skillers, pkers, pvmers, dicers, people enjoy different things, and the top players wouldn't have got to where they are if they didn't find grinding out 200m's fun, unless you think they all want to quit but are just hopelessly addicted lol. But I don't think many people would find working full time then blowing the majority of it on spins to buy their way through the ranks 'fun', if they do that's their choice but I think even if a top player knows it would be faster/more efficient to work and buy spins, they wouldn't either because it would get them flamed by everyone or just because they consider it a 'cheap' (metaphorically speaking) way to gain xp, with no actual skilling involved, and encourages Jagex's greedy schemes to continue.

Bbk.png

Hmm

Grinding 200ms is fun?

Yes honestly ;)

I enjoy the grind of most skills that aren't super attention oriented, its the reason Runescape interested me in the first place honestly. Its disappointing, personally, in some regards that the grind has been sped up, but is the nature of the game so I won't be one complaining that my 99 cooking on sharks before cook-x is more respectable then someones doing rocktails now. I'd imagine that most top players enjoy the grind to some degree. Its not about the endless hours of it, but the achievement of hitting certain milestones.

I suppose why else would someone go for 200mils if they didn't get some enjoyment out of it? I'm sure each individual person has there own twist on what they enjoy: the milestones, the climbing of ranks, or maybe even fame(?, gotta admit a few people come to mind).

I mix my grinding with shows, music, homework, or even actual work (yes I'm lucky to have a job that I can afk rs half the time without any drop in proficiency in the job) so there are ways to make the grind less of well...a grind :P

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

Hmm

Grinding 200ms is fun?

Yes

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Do admins still edit our top 15's into the front page? With the new I.P. Board app update I'm no longer able to use it the same way, and it would be easier to go right to the first page as opposed to scrolling back to find the template again (as I do them via my iPod touch).

I'm going to assume that if you weren't talking about someone going for 5b xp, you would've posted in help and advice.

Jack of trades saves like 9 minutes of agility per day, so you'd have to do a lot of slayer with equi for it to be worse. I'm not gonna calc how much though, cuz [bleep] Markov matrices.

For a normal player trying to max, greenfingers is great, but the top players generally have enough income for it to be inefficient to do herb runs. I published some numbers on it, if you feel like digging around for them.

The next best is probably the mining aura. I can't say for certain if getting t2 is better than getting t1 fishing or wc, though (no one can, so disregard them if they contradict me).

Which Auras are the most efficient to buy/use?

Hedge is likely right, but in my opinion this isn't that big of a deal. Anyone going for 5b is certainly long-term enough to have more than enough loyalty points to afford all of the worth-it auras. Even if not, they could start with Runespan/dungeoneering/buyables where there is no clear aura advantage in order to build up the points.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png