200M in all Skills

Makilio

I have some hot "RuneScape's Top Players" related gossip if anyone here is intered(?).

S_U__O__M_I and Zezima trolling regular people like 'Genraali'?

So, today(11. August, 2012) at ~4pm local Finnish time(+3 GMT), my clan mate "Genraali"(alias Genu) was doing his regular slayer task at Iron Dragons, when suddenly he received an PM from Zezima saying "Hello."

At first we were really sceptical about this. It could have been anyone, maybe someone who stole Zezima's name or his account?!

Shortly after(seconds, or minutes) S_U__O__M_I(yes we checked the spacing, it was genuine, we think) whispered 'Genraali' in finnish "Älä unohi Anti-Dragon shield", in english: "Do not forget to bring Anti-Dragon shield."

There were some very obvious grammatical and spelling mistakes, suggesting us that it was done in quick succession to multiple people.

Genraali was unable to answer these PM's, suggesting that Zezima and S_U__O__M_I were doing this with their private on off, Genu doesn't recall talking with or meeting Zezima/S_U__O__M_I ever.

EDIT: "No pic no proof"? Generaali was way too confused to screenshot this weird event, this is why I'm here to check if anyone else received these messages!

EDIT2: Yeah, seems like it was just a glitch. Someone just performed a glitch on Genraali :D nvm me!

Well it was about this time I noticed that this "Zezima" was about 8 stories tall and was a crustacean from the protozoic era!

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Suomi will be the first to 200m all skills no doubt, and after that I guess he will just go do all the completionist cape stuff because he isn't wasting exp anymore.

Please Click My Runetrack

Curing.png

Suomi will be the first to 200m all skills no doubt, and after that I guess he will just go do all the completionist cape stuff because he isn't wasting exp anymore.

despite the fact that going for trimmed comp after 200m all is a big xp waste.

range xp from killing chompies

any combat xp earnt in cw

quite a bit of xp earned in livid farm

xp rewards from quests

xp rewards from finishing task sets

xp earned unlocking mage arena spells

etcetc

Muckytears.png

xp rewards from quests

etcetc

Who cares.

Nuggets.png

xp rewards from quests

etcetc

Who cares.

This :P

One thing I'm sure that will be mentioned is his playing time when he gets 5b and by not doing these things he keeps it a bit lower. If other people start going for 5b then the challenge might be the get the lowest playing time at 5b. Not to mention the experience from all those tasks isn't amazing, at that point its something to do as he will clearly be out of skilling to do.

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

Wouldn't it be more logical that he would start stocking up on ways of exchanging for exp in preparation for whenever there is a new skill? Such as filling his bank with effigies.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Wouldn't it be more logical that he would start stocking up on ways of exchanging for exp in preparation for whenever there is a new skill? Such as filling his bank with effigies.

There's an effigy limit now though...and don't think you can bank dragonkin lamps, so he's restricted to 6 effigies at one time I think.

Wouldn't hurt to stockpile peng. points maybe though?

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Agree with the above, but he could easily reach the 50 point limit before the new skill of 2013. I guess he'd have to take the money for the time being, haha.

Or hold onto the 50 points and spend them all new skill day of release

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

There's an effigy limit now though...and don't think you can bank dragonkin lamps, so he's restricted to 6 effigies at one time I think.

Ugh, I tend to forget things I wish didn't happen actually happened.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Ugh, I tend to forget things I wish didn't happen actually happened.

I know what you mean, still dumping 50 peng points on new skill then 6 dragonkin lamps should give anyone a hefty boost on levelling, specially if it has low xp/hr at lower levels such dung.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Typically with new skills, you cannot use experience lamps on the skill until like a month after release. So the penguin points would help a little I suppose, but he'd be high into the 80 or 90s before he could even use them, if not 99 :P

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

If suomi advertised that he needed help and then a nobody advertised the same thing, whether money was apart of the equation or not, suomi would get more helpers. Why? Because he is #1 in rs. Thats called using your fame.

xp rewards from quests

etcetc

Teleporting after 200M Magic is wasting potential xp, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't do it. Additionally, your Ranged example is invalid because got it via Slayer/effigy farming. Quest xp is minuscule, and even the most efficient person in the world would finish a 200M instead of stopping, say 12K xp of, both for the rank and the fact that methods are usually faster that the time spent doing the quest (s). But that's not even the point, as he wants 200M all as fast as possible anyway, and he finishes a skill that he starts. It's his playstyle.

TL;DR everything is xp waste

Yeah, once you literally cannot gain any more XP, everything becomes XP waste, because you are no longer gaining xp.

You are right that it would take less total time to get 200m and trimmed comp cape if you got the cape first, but if your highest priority is getting 200m all as soon as possible, then taking time off to do something else first would be silly. Not to mention that the time he'll be "wasting" to get the cape afterward is miniscule compared to the time he's spent on 200m all.

tl;dr if you want to be more efficient then SUOMI, do it yourself

Edit: Yeah, he probably should stockpile those peng points, and also wait to do troll invasion that month till he can use it on the new skill (and JoT, and some effigies, etc.). But because it takes a while before you can use lamps and such on new skills, it won't help that much.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Efficiency is related to your goals, I don't really understand why this is hard to grasp. Efficiency is the most efficient way to reach your goal. There's no point collecting charms through Slayer if your goal is Summoning, just like there's no point in Suomi getting the requirements for the trimmed completionest cape if his goal is 200m all skills with the lowest ranks in each skill possible.

• Like 6

That is a new thing I didn't think of for the race to 99 in a new skill. It gives me a bad feeling that jagex would allow sof lamps on a new skill at release, just imagine the few people with money to spend blowing cash for the first to 99 >.>. Good marketing I guess. Hopefully it doesn't go that direction.

I really don't see someone mass buying spins for 200M, the cost is just so high and with the daily limit I just don't think it will be worthwhile. For 99s a few people have done it because it is a lot less experience and in a race to 99 I can see it happen.

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

I hope jagex is smart and new skills will not allow any bonus xp until at least one player has reached 99. (That way the race to 99 stays completely "fair")

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I hope jagex is smart and new skills will not allow any bonus xp until at least one player has reached 99. (That way the race to 99 stays completely "fair")

Or at least, no buy-able bonus xp. Troll invasion, penguins, effigies, etc. are still mildly fair in that everyone has equal access to them (assuming it's another members skill).

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg