200M in all Skills

Makilio

If he would have been banned he would have been removed from the HiScores and that isn't the case.

Yeah. But you're wrong, another person in clan was hit for the same offence.

Takes time for the names to come off HS.

No. Only permanent bans are removed from the hiscores, not temporary ones.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

remembering this is a 200m all skills thread, I don't feel like fpf is worth training (even though I have done 60+ hours of it) due to the fact that there is going to be an agility update next year that will most likely have the same affect on the skill as runespan did to rc.

I would rather wait a year for a skill to become relaxed non afk 110k+ xp then 90k+ for first 10 hours then 95k+ for next 20 then after 30 hours with full concentration 100k+. Yes Flash Powder is fun but it has become dead content because of this hyped up new agil update.

Link to your fpf calc would be nice

Video showing the accuracy of the program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08crO11xVY

Download link: http://www.mediafire... Calculator.zip

People have been hyping up a new afk Agility method for over a year now. It still hasn't come and I'm quite skeptical that it's even on its way. If you have to wait another year, was it really worth waiting 2 years? And what if it turns out not to be as afk or as fast as you expected?

• Like 1

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

People have been hyping up a new afk Agility method for over a year now. It still hasn't come and I'm quite skeptical that it's even on its way. If you have to wait another year, was it really worth waiting 2 years? And what if it turns out not to be as afk or as fast as you expected?

What do you mean if it is worth waiting? Of course it is worth waiting, providing that one's goal is 200m in all and one has other skills than agility left. If I recall right, even Jagex mentioned somehting about an update to agility, so I wouldn't be that skeptical :P. 200m-in-all wise it is worth waiting for an update to agility, because it will mostl ikely make agi easier, and therefore one will achieve 200m agi faster.

What do you mean if it is worth waiting? Of course it is worth waiting, providing that one's goal is 200m in all and one has other skills than agility left. If I recall right, even Jagex mentioned somehting about an update to agility, so I wouldn't be that skeptical :P. 200m-in-all wise it is worth waiting for an update to agility, because it will mostl ikely make agi easier, and therefore one will achieve 200m agi faster.

Easier isn't always better nor does easier necessarily mean it'll be faster. It could be slower but more afk and therefore easier. Anyways, the entire point in any goal is for the achievement. Taking easier routes just devalues your achievements. I respect Suomi far more for doing many skills while they were difficult than I respect players who are just trying to take the easy road out for everything and not actually pushing themselves. The donations Suomi took are minor compared to the hard work he put into his skilling. He'll always be better than any future people who max all skills except perhaps Drumgun. I also give huge respect to the players than completed 200m Runecrafting prior to runespan. Those players do not regret doing it while it was still tough. Doing it while it's still challenging will be much more fulfilling to yourself and you can actually feel some real pride in doing something few could do.

• Like 2

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Easier isn't always better nor does easier necessarily mean it'll be faster. It could be slower but more afk and therefore easier. Anyways, the entire point in any goal is for the achievement. Taking easier routes just devalues your achievements. I respect Suomi far more for doing many skills while they were difficult than I respect players who are just trying to take the easy road out for everything and not actually pushing themselves. The donations Suomi took are minor compared to the hard work he put into his skilling. He'll always be better than any future people who max all skills except perhaps Drumgun. I also give huge respect to the players than completed 200m Runecrafting prior to runespan. Those players do not regret doing it while it was still tough. Doing it while it's still challenging will be much more fulfilling to yourself and you can actually feel some real pride in doing something few could do.

Everything you said is true, but the Hiscores don't tell us if a player got his xp the hard or the easy way. So your moral talk doesn't really matter but only for a minority, the people like me and you, who respect hard work and dedication, nolifing skills and real life isolation, effeciency and indefatigableness. The others just don't care, Jebrim. It's sad but true and normal. Nevertheless, Suomi will always be in our heart (no homo), as a great player, who got many skills the hard way, but who also got a shitload of donations.

ehem zarfot?>.>

G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

ehem zarfot?>.>

Zarfot's strategy was never to play with the intent of waiting for updates to make skills easier. In fact he quit because Jagex kept making things easier. He spent roughly an equal amount of time in each skill. He didn't ignore slow skills until last like this generation does with the idea of slow skills becoming faster to save more time than faster skills becoming faster. Furthermore, he wasn't an afk prod like this generation that seems to worship him. He put effort into skilling. He never camped at ivy even when he had real life stuff to do.

• Like 2

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Waiting till the game is easier is a much sounder strategy then doing the hard skill challenge. Assuming you have other skills to train in the mean time.

Pheonix Odin vs SUOMI

Bad comparison because Suomi did slow stuff first and was perfectly ready and capable to do conventional runecrafting until effigies and runespan came into the picture. Top Overall players today would refuse to ever train rc prior to those updates. A much better comparison is Phoenix Odin vs Dragonseance.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

There's a spectrum with goal-setting and achievements. On one end is people who enjoy the process, and on the other end is people who enjoy the outcome. You belong to the latter. Many belong to the former and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Um, I think you got that backwards. I enjoy the process, the others enjoy the outcome. To me how you do it is much more important than the final Xp number you have. To others it's just the final Xp you have that matters, it doesn't matter if you did it a more challenging way or not.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Waiting till the game is easier is a much sounder strategy then doing the hard skill challenge. Assuming you have other skills to train in the mean time.

Pheonix Odin vs SUOMI

Bad comparison because Suomi did slow stuff first and was perfectly ready and capable to do conventional runecrafting until effigies and runespan came into the picture. Top Overall players today would refuse to ever train rc prior to those updates. A much better comparison is Phoenix Odin vs Dragonseance.

I had 60m Rc prior to runespan and was perfect ready to get 200m through effigies and attributable exp, as is the best methodology for the slowest skill. Just as I have 69m agility atm and will continue dumping xp on it until it ceases to be the slowest skill. As to if the wait is worth it, that is a silly question, as long as you have other things to do that Jagex has less of a proclivity towards updating, it's most certainly worth waiting as long as it takes.

It's not neccesarily about how fast a skill is now per se, but rather how likely it is to get faster in the foreseeable future. For that reason it is silly to train agi atm (if 5B is your goal.)

• Like 6

Rc xp that was already gained through effigies though lol. Don't pretend you don't hate ZMI or Agility training and can barely stand doing it. You've said before that if Agility isn't 200k Xp/hr and afk you were going to buy spins for it because you couldn't handle doing it yourself as it is now. How is anyone supposed to respect your final 5b+ Xp when you think like that?

Edited by Kimberly
Removed off topic
  • Like 1

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Rc xp that was already gained through effigies though lol. Don't pretend you don't hate ZMI or Agility training and can barely stand doing it. You've said before that if Agility isn't 200k Xp/hr and afk you were going to buy spins for it because you couldn't handle doing it yourself as it is now. How is anyone supposed to respect your final 5b+ Xp when you think like that?

I was unaware you could use skoll boot's or pendants at fpf, as the only time I touch agility is when I have those. Also when I made the video in question I had never done barb advanced nor watched any videos on it (I got 99 agi at ape atoll in 2008) so I was unaware of clicking before the handhold etc. now during my daily challenges I usually do about 20-22 perfect laps (of 24).

I'm not pretending I don't hate rc pre runespan (basically training agility with slower exp) or agility now as I find both to be horrible skills, what I'm saying is it is a GOOD thing to avoid these. Also I think in terms of overall efficiency yes, though you've misquoted me I just said if there isn't a better method of agility by the time it is my last skill I will buy 6-10k worth of spins and i stand by that, as it would take me many fewer hrs to work for the $ than to do it all at fpf at 107k/hr. I never said I couldn't handle it as I certainly could, it would just be silly to waste hours of life for the same outcome.

Additionally with the current pace jagex is going with updates (to trim/skills/etc.) I will be well over 100m agility from dailies etc by the time I finish all my skills anyway, so a few more D&D's and I may never have to train the skill at all, wouldn't that be great.

There's a reason I will have trim/5.4b with less playtime than any of the top 5 have currently (possibly Jdela excluded) and that is because I don't limit my options with frivolous pedantry or idealism.

Edited by Kimberly
Fixed quoted post
  • Like 5

Zarfot's strategy was never to play with the intent of waiting for updates to make skills easier. In fact he quit because Jagex kept making things easier. He spent roughly an equal amount of time in each skill. He didn't ignore slow skills until last like this generation does with the idea of slow skills becoming faster to save more time than faster skills becoming faster. Furthermore, he wasn't an afk prod like this generation that seems to worship him. He put effort into skilling. He never camped at ivy even when he had real life stuff to do.

I think you mean "Zarfot's strategy was to never play with the intent of waiting for updates" what you wrote looks like "Zarfot never had the strategy to play with the intent of waiting for updates"

Here's Zarfot's quitting post which should clear up why he quit

I'm not sure why people feel like writing long posts on this thread when they don't really know what they're talking about.

I have always enjoyed playing RuneScape although Jagex has made many mistakes. Rather, the most important reason for my stopping playing, by far, is that I wanted to spend more time on other things. Not that I wasn't doing other things already- my long term average playing time was just over six hours a day, not the 10+ many people seem to think- and remember that includes weekends, breaks, summers, as well as time spent playing without paying much attention while doing something else, like homework. But I quit because I wanted to spend more time on things I'm interested in, like learning computer programming, rather than just playing a game than in the end doesn't matter. And no, I don't want to be a games programmer- there's so much more you can do with computers than that.

It saddens me that people like Drumgun would pass off my leaving as "not being able to keep up playing efficiently" or similar rather than realize that RuneScape is a computer game.

I also see that some people can't handle the fact that I have videos and are unable to think for themselves and consume media critically. Some of my videos show skilling methods that I used significantly and some do not. A 2 minute video may or may not accurately reflect training over a longer period, and a 2 minute animated talking Lego person video may carry a message but may mostly be for fun. I think Aribiterspar really hit the nail on the head when he said "theres a big difference between doing everything max possible all the time or just making efficient training decisions that decrease the time it takes to get things done". In any case, if anyone has any questions about how I actually trained skills or how I felt about various game updates or something, you are welcome to ask me on my YouTube channel and I will probably answer if you are mature and respectful. (Eventually I will check my channel less and less often though).

Anyway, I think that everyone should really take a step back and consider if there is something else that you could be spending more time on rather than playing RuneScape. There's a lot more to life than computer games. Even if you only play for a short time each day the same applies- what else could you be doing?

• Like 1

That was his final reason yes, but he had been complaining about updates for awhile before that.

I have always enjoyed playing RuneScape although Jagex has made many mistakes.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

That was his final reason yes, but he had been complaining about updates for awhile before that.

I have always enjoyed playing RuneScape although Jagex has made many mistakes.

mainly he left cuz of effigys and after 1month i think they started petition bring back trade:( i missed zarfot and his funny vids.

G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

I know this discussion is near the edge of being offtopic and maybe best to let it die here, but I think their is a fair amount of merit in atleast pondering how someone finances and manages their time while on the hunt for 200Ms or 200M all (their is a distinction between the two). Personally I consider myself someone who hunts for 200Ms and really has no aspirations for 200M all. I'm not in the league as Alkan, Gunnar, or any of the top contenders even though I have some exp.

Jebrim made a stance a few posts back that 200Ms have value based on the route someone takes to get them and I also agree. But I have respect specifically for the people that take a balanced approach to skilling such as those in college or in the work force. These people have to manage their time as it is limited in some extent, now this could mean they still have 6-8 hours a day to play, but that could be closer to 12-15 without the college or work responsibilities. So it makes sense to me that these people will aim for the fast, effective, efficient, etc (pick your adjective) because it makes the most of their time. Zarfot's final post reflects that in some manner as he didn't also play super long hours (yes I know the last year or so he did pull some 10+ hour days, but as far as I saw he never did that for weeks on end).

I specifically enjoy following the progress of the top 15, top 25, or top 50 that manage fair gains, but also do this while balancing real world responsibilities too. It is why I "support" "root "fan-boy" Gunnar, Alkan, and a hand full of the other top 100. Specifically because it relates to me as I just graduated with a bachelor's and I quit RS for the last 6 months of it to make time balancing more manageable. So I have some appreciation towards the college student players.

Now I guess bringing this post around to the 200M topic, their are many, many factors for any individual in what makes an achievement "valuable." But how a top player mixes their RS career and IRL career has some value in that mix. Now typically when you start talking value in a 200M, the topic quickly disintegrate into a flame match specifically aimed at those that play RS full time. Along with that, judging everyone's achievement by everyone's, different definition of what an achievement is, will get us no where, again (I'm dyslexic and nothing close to a English major so I'm sure that is butchered grammatically).

So with all that, it is something worth pondering and an added dimension for the goal of 200m all.

An added note for moderation, put in spoiler tags as it is unrelated. But a thread was posted on, atleast some, community input on how the 200M thread should be moderated. I think so far with this discussion, a large amount of it has remained civil and while it is not strictly on topic, it is atleast in the general target area. Allowing this discussion to go on as it is I think is healthy for the survival of this thread on its activity. Deleting posts and ending discussion will be discouraging for anyone reading or posting so far aswell as the posters themselves, as it has in the past. A few posts might be too far across the line in personal attacks and those deserve moderation, but as to outright dead stop of the discussion I think that is fine to leave as is. As long as it doesn't descend into more personal attacks, I think the posters on this thread are indeed decent about moderating themselves.

Putting this here instead of the feedback post about this thread as it may be more relevant currently here.

Mod Edit: Decided to leave this here before I even opened up the spoiler tags due to its general discussion about the topic of time spent without targetting anyone for their choices. The effort to write it in that way is appreciated and I'm happy to leave it there.

I have only a simple request: please let's not see this turn back into a Jerry Springer cover of the Runescape Top Players again, it's really not necessary.

Edited by Kimberly
  • Like 1
siggy_zps7b2911b4.png