Makilio

200M in all Skills

So, has anyone done anymore in-depth testing for the rates with the Fury Shark Outfit at barb? I still seem to fall between 100-110k/hr, just wondering if anyone has broke 110k/hr consistently w/o bonus.  

napkintheelf.png

I really don't see the increase in xp/hr compared to dropping via action bar. The catch rate at barb is already so high anyways and the action bar doesn't stop the fishing process, which in return shouldn't be any different from using the shark outfit in terms of xp rates. I think people exaggerate their xp rates or include other buffs like clan avatar, raf, etc.

There will be a small benefit to auto-consume over drop (ask Hegdehog) because of the way game ticks get handled, even though nominally it appears that the action bar does not stop the fishing animation. You're essentially bleeding small fractions of a second doing it that way, and I infer that the shark outfit doesn't. But you are right in that I don't think it would make a huge difference, just the 7% or so from catching a fish I guess.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Action bar dropping doesn't interrupt anything except dialogue boxes. If anything the only advantage the shark set has is the % success bonus.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Well for me personally, auto consume is at least 5 or 10% faster because I am usually doing something else while playing rs. That means I have to click the chat box or move away to close the chatbox to ability bar drop the fish. You guys are probably way more efficient than me though.

There's the catch bonus and also the doubled-fish bonus (I think you get xp for the extra fish caught); those are the main benefits.

But there's also something to be said for reducing effort and eliminating human error - it's really, really nice to be able to do something else and just relax while barb fishing, and you don't have to deal with messing up your drop method at all.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

there's literally no way to mess up the drop method if you're dropping off your action bar, save going completely afk and having your inventory fill

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

iTrolledu also got 200m all skills, prior to Wisely Done.

Makaveli and Pieter coming up next for ranks 16 and 17, unless suomi decides to get that last xp.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Pieter said he doesn't feel like playing that much. Pretty sure Carcass will be up after Makaveli :). 

Future top 15 updates gonna be more slice of life now I'm guessing. Not much to report xp-wise haha.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

yeap. and not really interested in osrs updates lol. I don't think there will be a new skill for quite some years and even there was one, it'll get finished off within 3-4 months with the next few years with no xp gain from the top page.

There will be a small benefit to auto-consume over drop (ask Hegdehog) because of the way game ticks get handled, even though nominally it appears that the action bar does not stop the fishing animation. You're essentially bleeding small fractions of a second doing it that way, and I infer that the shark outfit doesn't. But you are right in that I don't think it would make a huge difference, just the 7% or so from catching a fish I guess.

p sure you can still drop between attempts so autoconsume wouldnt save any time over dropping, esp if autoconsume has any sort of delay attached

And the shark outfit doesn't do much for barb fishing. either you get a 5% mult bonus and it's just 5% more xp/hour or you get 5% add bonus and you get about 6%. I think we were at like 90k averages for barb so 110k is well above your expected median. Not gonna happen consistently.

With the top page filling up and Dreyri having maxed on ironman, has anyone looked at how long/the most efficient ways for an ironman to get 200 mill all. Or even the methods that were used to get to max on an ironman in the first place?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

h1lSn.jpggratz wisely dont, also gratz to swarlly lol

Ahaha thanks! I didn't even notice I got that after him :)

Also, been doing some barb fishing with the suit. I am averaging 123k/hr only with a 6% avatar and granite lobster bonus + urns. I believe with the whopper scrimshaw and a legendary call of the see you could expect 140k, and RAF on top of that. 

Swarlly.png

I'll just post this here:

V3R4Yax.png

• Like 2

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

V3R4Yax.png

Congratulations! But true story (I swear), before I saw your signature and expecting some connection I searched for "Eva Jeffery" and Chrome KOed itself. Odd...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

V3R4Yax.png

Congratulations! But true story (I swear), before I saw your signature and expecting some connection I searched for "Eva Jeffery" and Chrome KOed itself. Odd...

Searched where on tipit or google :p. And thanks ^^

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

In Google, just in the omnibox lol.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

In Google, just in the omnibox lol.

Strange I had to do it too out of curiosity, nothing happened though. 

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png