Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Makilio

200M in all Skills

Hey is there a method for fishing that gains agility xp? Perhaps less xp/hour than other methods but it trains both? Because if there was that would be a smart idea to do. Let's say straight fishing is 100K/hour and this way is 70K/ hour if the agility gain were over 30K/hour it would be better right?

The method that gives fishing, agility and str Xp at the same time is barbarian fishing at Barbarian Outpost.

Altho, the Xp rates are quite different than the ones you said. Here are the true Xp rates:

Fishing - 85k Xp/hr

Agility - 7.8k Xp/hr

Str - 7.8k Xp/hr

Is that with or without the 5% boost released this week?

If you're talking about refer a friend, it's 10%.

From what I've been told by others those are the XP rates without this 10% boost.

Derp. The sharktooth necklace only works on sharks.

blizaga57.png

Hey is there a method for fishing that gains agility xp? Perhaps less xp/hour than other methods but it trains both? Because if there was that would be a smart idea to do. Let's say straight fishing is 100K/hour and this way is 70K/ hour if the agility gain were over 30K/hour it would be better right?

The method that gives fishing, agility and str Xp at the same time is barbarian fishing at Barbarian Outpost.

Altho, the Xp rates are quite different than the ones you said. Here are the true Xp rates:

Fishing - 85k Xp/hr

Agility - 7.8k Xp/hr

Str - 7.8k Xp/hr

Is that with or without the 5% boost released this week?

If you're talking about refer a friend, it's 10%.

From what I've been told by others those are the XP rates without this 10% boost.

Derp. The sharktooth necklace only works on sharks.

/rant

Why does the SHARKtooth necklace not work on other fish???

Makaveli_93.png

/rant

Why does the SHARKtooth necklace not work on other fish???

Because Jagex's logic is that shaks are reptiles so it should not work for fish, only reptiles.

He may not bomb the russians or promote synergy...but he's playing "like a boss"!

I am disappointed in you, langer.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Looks like Fuberscape (Number1 Boss) has now passed barbie girl for rank 12 overall.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Fishing - 85k Xp/hr

Agility - 7.8k Xp/hr

Str - 7.8k Xp/hr

Actually the Agility and Str xp is slightly lower than that. You're taking the 1/11 of the fish xp WITH urns, and urns dont give either agil or fish xp. I'm not sure what the rate with out urns is but it's around 70-75k if i remember right. So it would be more like 6.3-6.8k p/h in agil/fish, but that is a pretty insignificant difference.

Updated chart : Players from the top 15 with the most XP in the 6 slowest skills (Mining, Slayer, Agility, RC, Woodcutting and Fishing)

Changes from page 353, april 24th in ( )

Rank---------- Name--------------------------------(position in the top 15) --------------------XP

1 -------------- Suomi ---------------------------------------( 3 ) -----------------------------------907 (+130)

2--------------- Dapledo -------------------------------NA (1,8B xp) ------------------------------475 (+54)

3--------------- Lan ----------------------------------------- ( NA ) ----------------------------------381

4--------------- Allar ----------------------------------------- ( 6 )---------------------------------- 379 (+5)

5--------------- Kingduffy ------------------------------------ ( 10)-------------------------------- 367 (+30)

6-------------- Elvis --------------------------------------------(5 )---------------------------------- 353 (+55)

7 -------------Elias--------------------------------------------( 1 )------------------------------------ 336 (+94)

8--------------Drumgun -------------------------------------( 8 ) --------------------------------- 334 (+64)

9--------------- Zarfot ---------------------------------------- ( 9 ) --------------------------------- 334

10--------------- Skiller 703 ----------------------------------- (NA)---------------------------------- 313 (+52)

11 -------------- Tezz----------------------------------------- ( 7 ) ----------------------------------- 300 (+1)

12--------------- Kngkyle ----------------------------------( 13 ) --------------------------------- 275 (new)

12 -------------- Telmomarques------------------------------ (2)--------------------------------- 226 (+15)

13 -------------Gertjaars ------------------------------------(11) ----------------------------------- 206

14 -------------Tg ------------------------------------------- (NA)-------------------------------- 175 (+23)

15--------------Green098 ---------------------------------- (12)---------------------------------- 168 (+23)

16--------------Jdelacroix ---------------------------------- (4)------------------------------------ 145 (+18)

17 ------------Richard -------------------------------------- (14) ---------------------------------127

17 -------------Paperbag----------------------------------- (11) --------------------------------- 110 (+1)

Suomi is still dominating the slowest skills and Dapledo is slowly making his way to the top 15 in xp.

Tezz, who was well placed a couple months ago, has only gain 1M xp in the 6 slowest skills lately.

Skiller 703 is actively training only slow skills.

Drumgun and Elvis should get better position next time I update this chart.

Kingduffy is in a good position, but very hard to predict!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

He may not bomb the russians or promote synergy...but he's playing "like a boss"!

I am disappointed in you, langer.

Come on guys! You know I'm making puns...like a boss!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

computer programmers don't always have the best sense of humor

thanks for the update, I completely forgot about the slow skills chart lol

A13d.png

They are not that high. I think barbarian caps at 75k using the low alch method.

Maybe it's a little better with urns obv, but at least I get about 5k agility and str exp per hour.

Btw it adds up a lot more than you would think.

First, droping = low alching

Urns boost 20% your xp rate.

And if you want to get the xp rate I said before, you will need 99 Fishing and granite lobster and urns.

u gud Mod Chrisso.

not like an old video or anything

ur rite. Everyone here has undeniably seen it, my bad.

Chrisso is a strange guy. Locked my friends account for spamming "We pay we say" in his fc..

Thanks for the chart update Langer.

Eb.png

Seems like everyone in the top is starting to drop out :/

Flemmy.png

Seems like everyone in the top is starting to drop out :/

Also some are being hacked (accounts recovered)

It's starting to make me lose hope for RS

rs authenticator key pls

A13d.png

Had a car accident today. Scariest moment of my life. Im ok, but my car is wrecked. Worked for over a year to pay for that car, kinda puts me in the same situation as SUOMI if they shut down rs, however he put in much more work into the game then i did into my car... Scary

In my opinion the reason jagex took away his dg ranks was to use him as an example to everyone, proving that they do punish rule breakers, but why they don't deal with other important issues like botting remains a mystery to me, well I guess bots make them money, take frost dragon bots. As an example, people buy membership just to bot, unfortunately for legit players. (of which there are very that can say they have never used a bot)

No, Jagex didn't "take away" Bu11's dg ranks. He was removed from the hiscores and then put back on, so all of his ranks went to the lowest of their xp/level.

It is as if Jagex are abusing their ability to do whatever they want to runescape players, often forgetting that without us players they're nothing.

What determines whether an account just gets exp halved or whatever (like "hhwat") or gets all stats reset to 10 etc (jaddds)?

La_Tamatoa.png

My Youtube

#37 to achieve the trimmed Completionist cape.

What determines whether an account just gets exp halved or whatever (like "hhwat") or gets all stats reset to 10 etc (jaddds)?

The right person complaining about you

I don't really know what happened. It didn't happen overnight, but you can really see the change. A couple years ago any serious rule breaking - botting, rwting, bug abuse - would result in you being banned. Maybe temporarily or permanently depending on the severity, but it was a ban nonetheless. When did stats wiping become a serious form of punishment that could deter rule breaking. It certainly doesn't. From a business perspective it is easy to understand why but in hindsight it is completely hypocritical to what they stood for in the past. Obviously they've changed their rules now and they constantly alter their webiste, terms, and conditions for their benefits. I wish we could look at the terms and conditions from 2005/2006 and see how different it is now. I remember when lan (lucipher6) got taken off the highscores and then put back, but lost his ranks. People complained back then and nothing was done. And if Jagex knew that this (stats wiping) was going to be the route they were going to take then they have had more than enough time to sort something out such that if they were mistaken or if stats do get wiped, ranks which are permanent i.e. 200m xp, get reinstated if the xp was obtained fairly.

When someone cheats, it doesn't have to be in game, it could be in real life on an exam, and this isn't limited to cheating it could be when lying to someone or committing a crime, you always assess the situation in three ways: what do i stand to gain, what is the probability of getting caught, and if I do get caught what is the punishment? The last two should be the deterrents but they arent because jagex dont know what to do.

Obviously bu11's move of recording him bug abusing and uploading it wasn't a smart one, but he was smart enough to know not to 'abuse' it. Losing his dg rank is by no means fair no matter how you look at it. Jagex is at fault here for their system and handling of this. And of course his magic xp should've been deducted as a deterrent but how is a drop from 40m odd xp obtained fairly to not even level 99 justified? Its not justified. Losing his dg rank is not justified. Its their game and they can do what ever the hell they want.

Very few things piss me off and Jagex is moving up on that list. It really is no surprise as to why major players are leaving.

By the way, has anyone seen this. He got demodded, but I give him props. I don't think Jagex should win and I think everyone should promote that. The reason Jagex want to win is so that they can show this award to investors, advertisers, customers. Perhaps if they didnt win this year they'd get their act together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq9MXlPColw&feature=channel_video_title

Skill Achievements:

2005: 368th to 99 fletching, 457th to 99 cooking

2006: 3842nd to 99 strength, 331st to 99 firemaking, 5180th to 99 attack, 5294th to 99 hitpoints, 4409th to 99 defence, 374th to 99 prayer

2007: 429th to 99 smithing, 98th to 99 farming, 3878th to 99 ranged, 377th to 99 crafting, 4098th to to 99 magic, 126th to 99 herblore

2008: 492nd to 99 runecrafting, 1812nd to 99 slayer, 845th to 99 summoning, 971st to 99 construction

2009: 5140th to 99 hunter, 14,821st to 99 fishing, 2788th to 99 agility, 32,794th to 99 woodcutting, 3142nd to 99 mining, 10,436th to 99 thieving

297th to 2376 Overall

Top 100 skills: Crafting, Farming, Firemaking

Top 50 Skills: Prayer, Herblore

Top 21 skills: Hunter (rank 16) - 2 hours after it was released

X Helchild X. 2001-2010

http://www.youtube.com/xhelchildx

I don't really know what happened. It didn't happen overnight, but you can really see the change. A couple years ago any serious rule breaking - botting, rwting, bug abuse - would result in you being banned. Maybe temporarily or permanently depending on the severity, but it was a ban nonetheless. When did stats wiping become a serious form of punishment that could deter rule breaking. It certainly doesn't. From a business perspective it is easy to understand why but in hindsight it is completely hypocritical to what they stood for in the past. Obviously they've changed their rules now and they constantly alter their webiste, terms, and conditions for their benefits. I wish we could look at the terms and conditions from 2005/2006 and see how different it is now. I remember when lan (lucipher6) got taken off the highscores and then put back, but lost his ranks. People complained back then and nothing was done. And if Jagex knew that this (stats wiping) was going to be the route they were going to take then they have had more than enough time to sort something out such that if they were mistaken or if stats do get wiped, ranks which are permanent i.e. 200m xp, get reinstated if the xp was obtained fairly.

When someone cheats, it doesn't have to be in game, it could be in real life on an exam, and this isn't limited to cheating it could be when lying to someone or committing a crime, you always assess the situation in three ways: what do i stand to gain, what is the probability of getting caught, and if I do get caught what is the punishment? The last two should be the deterrents but they arent because jagex dont know what to do.

Obviously bu11's move of recording him bug abusing and uploading it wasn't a smart one, but he was smart enough to know not to 'abuse' it. Losing his dg rank is by no means fair no matter how you look at it. Jagex is at fault here for their system and handling of this. And of course his magic xp should've been deducted as a deterrent but how is a drop from 40m odd xp obtained fairly to not even level 99 justified? Its not justified. Losing his dg rank is not justified. Its their game and they can do what ever the hell they want.

Very few things piss me off and Jagex is moving up on that list. It really is no surprise as to why major players are leaving.

By the way, has anyone seen this. He got demodded, but I give him props. I don't think Jagex should win and I think everyone should promote that. The reason Jagex want to win is so that they can show this award to investors, advertisers, customers. Perhaps if they didnt win this year they'd get their act together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq9MXlPColw&feature=channel_video_title

If Jagex was to resort to their old harsh stance bots would resort to stolen credit cards. Jagex knows this and knows that they will continue to pay legitmately as long as they can profit off it. :). That right there is why they choose to reset instead of ban, even obvious gold farmers. Jagex continues to make money off them and they get to keep playing almost uninterrupted. In Jagex's opinion its a pretty good deal, they probably lol at the "fat nerds*" who complain about it.

*they never outright called customers that but they have displayed that they think so with certain wording and attitudes towards high leveled players. I could pull up pictures of several Jmods where this would apply.

southpark-wow-2.jpg

"I did all my skills legit, bots ruin the game for me" <--- Jagex doesnt care lol

As for bug abusers if you abuse a bug expect a ban to come eventually. He was lucky to keep his stats tbh.

Had a car accident today. Scariest moment of my life. Im ok, but my car is wrecked. Worked for over a year to pay for that car, kinda puts me in the same situation as SUOMI if they shut down rs, however he put in much more work into the game then i did into my car... Scary

The amount he will lose on RS closing down is comparable to buying a house, not having insurance and having it get destroyed in a fire one day. Im just guessing but I would assume by his XP hes played close to 20k hours which translates to $160k (given min wage is $8 an hour and he valued his time at min wage).