200M in all Skills

Makilio

It's his life, and his choice, and while everyone has the right to free speech, everyone also has the right to look at someone else and call them an idiot for the way they choose to use it. Also, you don't have any such right for your free speech to be heard (or read).

I'm rather surprised that people are seriously complaining about their donations going to waste. You made that donation hoping, even expecting, him to get 5b, but you knew (or at least should have known) that for whatever reasons, he might not get there. So if you're really getting that upset over it, expect nothing more than for folks like me to laugh at you for being upset about silly things.

(Also on the note of RS gp having RL cash value - you do remember that selling gold is illegal, right? It's worth something to you, yes, but probably not in terms of cash, more in terms of the time it took to get it.)

People are upset that he quit his journey even tho he was so close. But the people who donated billions might be upset about the money though.

It's his life, and his choice, and while everyone has the right to free speech, everyone also has the right to look at someone else and call them an idiot for the way they choose to use it. Also, you don't have any such right for your free speech to be heard (or read).

I'm rather surprised that people are seriously complaining about their donations going to waste. You made that donation hoping, even expecting, him to get 5b, but you knew (or at least should have known) that for whatever reasons, he might not get there. So if you're really getting that upset over it, expect nothing more than for folks like me to laugh at you for being upset about silly things like pixels.

(Also on the note of RS gp having RL cash value - you do remember that selling gold is illegal, right? It's worth something to you, yes, but probably not in terms of cash, more in terms of the time it took to get it.)

"about silly things like pixels"

THIS type of argument really irritates me. You do know we spend HOURS upon HOURS on "silly pixels". We 'enjoy' it and you can't judge on what we consider fun or not.

Time IS money. What don't people get about that. Instead of playing runescape, if you get a part time job then your EARNING MONEY.

Why is this "accountability" thing so difficult to grasp..

We live in a cause and effect universe. And the universe rewards stupidity with pain.

So we it was "stupidity" to hope SUOMI would get 5bil XP?

At the rate he was going at, it was logical to think he would end up FINISHING, so donating to him would mean/ feel like contributing to FINISHING runescape (well as close as can be).

"We live in a cause and effect universe"- No duh.

I'm rather surprised that people are seriously complaining about their donations going to waste. You made that donation hoping, even expecting, him to get 5b, but you knew (or at least should have known) that for whatever reasons, he might not get there. So if you're really getting that upset over it, expect nothing more than for folks like me to laugh at you for being upset about silly things like pixels.

THIS type of argument really irritates me. You do know we spend HOURS upon HOURS on "silly pixels". We 'enjoy' it and you can't judge on what we consider fun or not.

Time IS money. What don't people get about that. Instead of playing runescape, if you get a part time job then your EARNING MONEY.

And YOU already chose to spend your time on pixels, not on jobs. And then YOU chose to give those pixels to someone else, hoping they would do what you wanted with them, but with zero guarantees. And when they come back with a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why they won't be accomplishing that goal you donated towards, YOU chose to get upset, and to complain about it here, and to get upset at us as well when we pointed out that maybe you didn't think things through when you donated all that cash (if you did; if you didn't then why are we even talking about it?).

I've put several years into my Runescape account, and I value it a fair deal. It is more than just pixels, yes. But I don't just give away my precious pixels to anyone who asks - and if I do, I don't complain about it afterward.

Edit: Likewise, I value my art. I don't just give it away to random people either. And if I do, so long as they don't shred it in front of me and treat it with some degree of respect, I don't complain about whether they hang it on their fridge or give it to their kindergartener. SUOMI made progress. He also provided perfectly valid reasons (in my eyes, at least) as to why he won't be finishing. I don't see that anyone has cause to be upset about him wasting their cash.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I personally look at how far he has gone in the past few years, instead of how close to the finish line he is. The amount of experience he gained is still incredible.

Also, it kind of scares me that this topic is filled with so much rage and disappointment. I personally would take a step back and reflect on what happened.

22031_s.gif

And YOU already chose to spend your time on pixels, not on jobs. And then YOU chose to give those pixels to someone else, hoping they would do what you wanted them to with them, but with zero guarantees. And when they come back with a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why they won't be accomplishing that goal you donated towards, YOU chose to get upset, and to complain about it here, and to get upset at us as well when we pointed out that maybe you didn't think things through when you donated all that cash (if you did; if you didn't then why are we even talking about it?).

I've put several years into my Runescape account, and I value it a fair deal. It is more than just pixels, yes. But I don't just give away my precious pixels to anyone who asks - and if I do, I don't complain about it afterward.

"And YOU already chose to spend your time on pixels, not on jobs"

Do you know why we get a Job? To earn money, and with that money we use it to have FUN.

Well SUOMI didn't mention he was in a real life crises (granted, if he was, I'm not sure he would reveal it) regarding housing bills or peer/parent pressure to get a job etc

"zero guarantees". True he didn't actually sign a contract. BUT what he did do was insist he would be closer to achieving 5bil xp with it (3 skills to go and 2 of them are almost FINISHED) and will always try and persue that goal, but now he decided NOT TO COMPLETELY. He also did state he was not quitting with the progress, but now he states to the contadictory.

I took him up on his "word". But don't tell me it was completely irrational/ illogcial to think he WOULDN'T get 200mill skills in all skills (5bil XP total). If donaters didn't help him at all, he probably wouldn't have even reached 4bil and quit long before & there would be FAR FEW people dissapointed (there would always be people who would complain regardless- haters/trolls basically).

When donating we believed he would SURELY reach that goal (even if he did decide to take breaks).

Yes it is up to him, BUT that doesn't mean we can't be show our dissapointment. Also i'm not telling him he is obliged/forced to continue in any way because of our desires. I personally want him to now donate to JAKE and let JAKE continue the legacy; if he has indeed given up on it!

"if you did; if you didn't then why are we even talking about it?" My friend has, and he isn't too happy about it. However, aren't we all inclined to our opinions regardless.

"if I do, I don't complain about it afterward"

Then that how YOU feel about it. If I gave my money to somebody and he failed to produce then I would obviously show dissatisfcation. However, donations you can't COMPLETELY hold them accountable as you can in an investment. But that doesn't stop people from sharing there opinions of dissapointment/ dissatisfaction.

"YOU chose to get upset, and to complain about it here, and to get upset at us as well when we pointed out that maybe you didn't think things through when you donated all that cash"

Didn't think things through? If everybody held a pessimistic views on things SUOMI would NEVER have gotten a single donation.

Yes I feel upset, what about it? It's my opinion, when was I NOT ALLOWED to express it?

This really shouldn't have even turned into a debate.

If everybody did ONE POST giving there opinions, that would have been the end of that and we could have moved on.

i donated and i'm not mad, good on suomi for doing what he likes instead of forcing himself to play a game he doesn't enjoy anymore

as for who is the most likely to get 200m all now, idk if i can see jake doing agility or mining, but you never know especially with future updates

Mining is not much concentration with jujus or fast dropping with the action bar (might be nerfed with the 3 inputs per tick limit). And Jagex did mention social agility right? He has got hunter and thieving already which require attention and slayer which is slow. Of course every skill is different but I think he has what it takes.

• Like 1

Why run 95% of a marathon to just stop? Walk to the finish if you have to, or it's all a wasted effort.

My guess is he will take a break and come back and finish it out.

what if you were running that marathon in the matrix and you were given the red pill. Would you continue?

• Like 5

Why run 95% of a marathon to just stop? Walk to the finish if you have to, or it's all a wasted effort.

Why drink 95% of the milkshake to just stop? Because you got sick of the milkshake.

Why would suomi only finish 95% of the 5b xp? Because he got sick of jagex.

Now can we all stop this nonsense debating?

• Like 2

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

i donated and i'm not mad, good on suomi for doing what he likes instead of forcing himself to play a game he doesn't enjoy anymore

as for who is the most likely to get 200m all now, idk if i can see jake doing agility or mining, but you never know especially with future updates

Well, didn't they say that they will improve Agility? Maybe AgiSpan? And Mining will obviously be faster after the EoC.

How is it faster? If anything it's more sustainable, and that's about it.

And to add, it's quite a disappointment, but i remember going to his 200m fishing party back when i was first getting started and just to have witnessed the progression of him and his account is astounding, and I am glad to have been able to witness such a feat regardless of the outcome.

Nuggets.png

Why drink 95% of the milkshake to just stop? Because you got sick of the milkshake.

Why would suomi only finish 95% of the 5b xp? Because he got sick of jagex.

Now can we all stop this nonsense debating?

Because most people don't set a goal of finishing a milkshake. It just says something about a person to set a goal, spend so much time and energy getting there, and giving up on the final stretch.

nautica.png

nautica.png

Well, didn't they say that they will improve Agility? Maybe AgiSpan? And Mining will obviously be faster after the EoC.

How is it faster? If anything it's more sustainable, and that's about it.

Well, one can drop a whole inv of ores significantly faster by holding key down for a few secs. Not sure if doing that is better or worse xp/h than doing it like it is done now.

Now that Suomi has quit, do you think Jake will receive an influx of donations?

Hopefully not, It's annoying the only way people can get 5b xp is from donations, I have a lot of respect for Drowns as all his money is made from merchanting.

• Like 2

5Lfnu.png

I am pretty sure that I won't be getting 200M all Skills. Was going to upload video about it earlier but still need to think about it. Pretty sure though.

Main reasons: The game isn't anything like it was over 10 years ago when I started. I have no trust in Jagex anymore. I got pretty much everything and even more than I wanted from this game, it was amazing. So many great memories/moments, it was a pleasure reading this thread too long time ago. Of course it's a shame this game ended up this way but nothing I can do about it.

Also I don't wanna ruin it for other people, other people deserve a chance too to get 200M all Skills first.

This thread and RS was so much more interesting for me when I wasn't maxed yet and people didn't think I was going to be there first.

I still log in sometimes to do Farm runs when I feel like it but going to Lapland to skii soon so won't be doing those either.

Probably uploading video at some point explaining more reasons but I doubt I am going to change my mind.

But honestly it was amazing reading this thread long time ago. Thanks so much to everyone for all the support and everything, I never thought I could make it this far.

In my opinion it will be very interesting to see who will make it to 200M all Skills first if it wasn't me. Of course I will still be following RS updates and this thread like I have before.

Not going to disappear anywhere like Zarfot and many other people did when they quit. I understand why they did it though.

But honestly thank you so much, I still hope to see someone get 200M all Skills someday.

Might be hard to understand why I would stop like this when I am so close but just gotta do what feels the best for you.

what game you gonna play now?

I am pretty sure that I won't be getting 200M all Skills. Was going to upload video about it earlier but still need to think about it. Pretty sure though.

Main reasons: The game isn't anything like it was over 10 years ago when I started. I have no trust in Jagex anymore. I got pretty much everything and even more than I wanted from this game, it was amazing. So many great memories/moments, it was a pleasure reading this thread too long time ago. Of course it's a shame this game ended up this way but nothing I can do about it.

Also I don't wanna ruin it for other people, other people deserve a chance too to get 200M all Skills first.

This thread and RS was so much more interesting for me when I wasn't maxed yet and people didn't think I was going to be there first.

I still log in sometimes to do Farm runs when I feel like it but going to Lapland to skii soon so won't be doing those either.

Probably uploading video at some point explaining more reasons but I doubt I am going to change my mind.

But honestly it was amazing reading this thread long time ago. Thanks so much to everyone for all the support and everything, I never thought I could make it this far.

In my opinion it will be very interesting to see who will make it to 200M all Skills first if it wasn't me. Of course I will still be following RS updates and this thread like I have before.

Not going to disappear anywhere like Zarfot and many other people did when they quit. I understand why they did it though.

But honestly thank you so much, I still hope to see someone get 200M all Skills someday.

Might be hard to understand why I would stop like this when I am so close but just gotta do what feels the best for you.

what game you gonna play now?

lol so true.
StarViv.png

And that's a "risk" you have to be willing to make by giving away your money. And you can't be rationally upset for losing on a risk that you willingly chose to make.

Your post gave me cancer.

I'll assume that means you reluctantly agree with me :D

I can't comprehend how you can say that. You've changed your argument so many times, and we've essentially agreed that it's rational to be upset about this and that you're wrong. First you said that it's irrational to be upset, then when I logically explain how you're wrong you changed your story and said it's rational to be upset but you don't have the right to complain. Then you said you have the right to complain but not get any sympathy.

Of course they're entitled to sympathy, something bad happened to them.

How on earth can you think you're right about any of this? You change what you said over and over again and never managed to defend any of your original points.

And that's a "risk" you have to be willing to make by giving away your money. And you can't be rationally upset for losing on a risk that you willingly chose to make.

I'm sorry but it it's irrational to be upset about something like this what is it rational to be upset about? Seriously this would be my text book definition of something to be upset about, you invested yourself emotionally in something you assumed to be a safe, rewarding investment, and it let you down.

On a side note, I didn't donate to SUOMI and I don't really care if he quits, he has every right to, but it's definitely a rational response to be disappointed if you're one of the people who donated to hm.

Is it a natural response to feel upset? Yes. Do you have the right to act complain about being upset? No.

You're free to complain all you want, yes. But you don't deserve any sympathy.

Seriously am I the only one who sees the contradictions here?

You can complain about anything you want. They don't have the right to get their money back but they're definitely allowed to complain about it.

If I give the local bum $10 because he says he needs food and he ends up spending it on meth I have the right to complain to him and my mum, he won't give me the money back but I'm free to complain all I want.

Err, what's the point, then?

To vent and rant because you have the right to do so. To express an opinion in the hope that it'll change something, who knows it might.

Now that Suomi has quit, do you think Jake will receive an influx of donations?

Hopefully not, It's annoying the only way people can get 5b xp is from donations, I have a lot of respect for Drowns as all his money is made from merchanting.

I have a way more respect for Elvis because he's a far higher rank and also all money made from merching.