Makilio

200M in all Skills

Also here's a fun fact: Alkan bought spins himself in the past :) Hypocrisy at its best

Humans change as time passes, just because he has bought spins at a certain point in the past doesn't mean he can't change his position regarding bought spins.

Humans change their position, sure, but giving other people shit about it after you've done the exact same thing? Insane

• Like 1

Also here's a fun fact: Alkan bought spins himself in the past :) Hypocrisy at its best

Humans change as time passes, just because he has bought spins at a certain point in the past doesn't mean he can't change his position regarding bought spins.

Humans change their position, sure, but giving other people shit about it after you've done the exact same thing? Insane

If it was something you would still do, sure.

god damn i hate these [bleep] who say that suomi got 200m all just because he was accepting donations...

come back with that argument when you reach 200mill agi, mining, fishing, slayer etc and made 25b by urself...

edit: also big respect to suomi that he is still so nice to everyone, even to the haters which i really don't understand, if i were suomi i'd just say "[bleep] you haters, do first what i did stupid [bleep]"

god damn i hate these [bleep] who say that suomi got 200m all just because he was accepting donations...

come back with that argument when you reach 200mill agi, mining, fishing, slayer etc and made 25b by urself...

edit: also big respect to suomi that he is still so nice to everyone, even to the haters which i really don't understand, if i were suomi i'd just say "[bleep] you haters, do first what i did stupid [bleep]"

no other top page player deserves it more than suomi

5Lfnu.png

The fact is, that he has accepted donations, a shitload of them. It is logical, that people talk about his donations; Even SUOMI understands that. The donations will always be a part of his journey to 5b, that's unavoidable. But suomi has learned to accept that, and pretty much the vast majority of the people.

And no, I don't have anything against Suomi, I have myself donated cash to him, even though the amount wasn't that high, but atleast I helped a bit (hopefully) :)

The only people that bring up donations as a focal talking point are the players that donated to him in the past so they can feel that they played some part in Suomi getting 5b.

Sylpheed.png

Zarfot #1

• Like 2

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Is accepting donations not an efficient money making method? That is simply what it is: a money making method.

This. This so [bleep]ing much.

Is accepting donations not an efficient money making method? That is simply what it is: a money making method.

The same concept applies to training via the SoF. But nobody ever wants to talk about that either. What a vain, masochistic community we have here :lol:

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

They are similar, but also different. Donations when given in a spirit of help without any behind the scenes repayment is transfer of value from one person in game to another person in game. It is done within the game, and uses only resources gained inside the game via time spent. SoF gains resources without time spent, instead money spent. In general, most MMO players dislike when factors other than time which are related to real life situation are important in determining how well you can do. The players dislike "buying" success. However, as noted before, time is a huge factor based on real world situations (many people do not have the time to 'sacrifice' to an MMO especially one so time consuming as RS.) That is a different thing altogether.

While one might degrade someone else for taking donations I think the consensus view is that obtaining benefit for real life cash is even more frowned upon. (whether that position makes sense is a different discussion not suited to this thread)

You might argue that the same result is obtained either way, but I don't really buy into pure results-based reasoning, especially as it often ignores side effects of decisions, or subtle ramifications.

At any rate despite accepting donations or even requesting donations, the #1 player has come very far in ways that many people who decry the practice have not. It doesn't make sense to me that you would say he's such a bad 'scaper, he took donations when no one else has (yet) done what he has without them. When that happens you can say that person did better, by your metric. But I don't believe there was any scamming, or any belief that the donations would be used for another purpose. You might be able to say it is abuse of fame, but the people donating didn't have to donate. There was nothing compelling them to donate beyond their own sense of wanting to be a part of something (or whatever reason they choose to donate.)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

In case I wasn't clear, I support training via SoF and accepting donations. I think it's irrational not to, especially if/when the opportunity presents itself.

77yLQy8.png

The same concept applies to training via the SoF. But nobody ever wants to talk about that either. What a vain, masochistic community we have here :lol:

I like how there was no mention of SoF in my comment. I stated something unrelated to spinning. What you said may be true or untrue but is independent of what I said. There was no need to post that post as a response.

I like how there was no mention of SoF in my comment. I stated something unrelated to spinning. What you said may be true or untrue but is independent of what I said. There was no need to post that post as a response.

Given that it has been part of the debate, it kind of is relevant.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I wasn't responding to you. I was just adding on to what you said. >_>

77yLQy8.png

I don't want SoF to get mixed into what I am talking about because I do not wish to discuss it.

Given that it has been part of the debate, it kind of is relevant.

If I wanted to address SoF I would have done so.

I don't want SoF to get mixed into what I am talking about because I do not wish to discuss it.

Then don't discuss it.

77yLQy8.png

Then don't discuss it.

I just don't understand why people respond to a statement that has absolutely nothing to do with SoF and try to talk about it. Recreating my original post and forgetting this one.

Is buying spins not an efficient training method?

I don't really like the whole concept of donations, because that is contingent on the promise that the person who received them will actually go all the way. That almost caused an upset when Suomi stopped playing for a bit. It also falls into begging, which I don't like. Finally, it's basically large amounts of free money for doing something that everyone already does on their own, only on a much larger scale. I feel it cheapens the achievement, since it's already paid for you.

It's one thing to accept money freely given (who doesn't like free money?), but begging on video for donations or even saying/implying you accept them is pathetic. But is it efficient? Depends on how low of a person you are.

Edited by Kimberly
Removed off topic

well... i dislike "donations", as do many people, but on one hand, suomi wasn't taking donations for the purpose of being rich, he was doing it for the goal that all of rs can be proud of, but on the other hand maybe he should have an asterisk next to his name on the highscores :P

• Like 1

iOwn.... (kinda)

2 year old account, Hoping to max before 3-year mark.
rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

1500 total, 2000 total, 2200 total, 2400 total, 2496 total, 2595 total.

99s in order: 99 herblore, 99 firemaking, 99 cooking, 99 strength, 99 Constitution, 99 Attack, 99 ranged, 99 dungeoneering, 99 summoning, 99 fletching,

Everyone in this thread would accept a 100M donation in a heartbeat, so that argument is invalid

Everyone minus one.

And don't way it would be different if I was actually in the situation because I have been there.

It's one thing to accept money freely given (who doesn't like free money?), but begging on video for donations or even saying/implying you accept them is pathetic. But is it efficient? Depends on how low of a person you are.

Ok, so you admit that accepting donations it is logical and efficient, you just don't like it. Glad we cleared that up. Also, check your inbox.

77yLQy8.png