Fight Arena Guide - 702 + Safe Spot (2005) (AOW discussion)

Impaler99

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then, if you are ABOVE 90 hp, and mage pray on, run to it and shoot it, then run to this spot, if you get hit EAT TO ABOVE 90 or you will die.

What do I do here (when the 702 spawns) if I'm not above 90hp? (I'm 85)

you die...?

i read perfectly this 2nd time, i did the 90+ hit one, he didn't start where he should have and wound up hitting me every round, i had to fight him the way you said without a safe spot, and he heals full everytime the healers come by, kill them, get him to half again, healers come again, he is litterely impossible with those healers, there has to be a way around them.

like i said, i tried the 90+ hp spot you said to start, that doesnt work, he still hits you with range and mage, only you can't see him.

Try not killing the healers, but poisoning them so that they have to keep healing themselves instead of the 702? Just an idea.

captain_poet.png

Then, if you are ABOVE 90 hp, and mage pray on, run to it and shoot it, then run to this spot, if you get hit EAT TO ABOVE 90 or you will die.

What do I do here (when the 702 spawns) if I'm not above 90hp? (I'm 85)

you die...?

Oh sorry, I was looking for a response that actually was helpful. Perhaps from someone who knows what they're talking about :wink: But hey, thanks for trying!

I've heard of several people at about 94ish combat who've nearly taken it on, without having 90hp. So is there any way around this?

Again, only helpful answers please.

Thanks for the guide, Impaler. I was really impressed at the precision with which you explained everything. Here's my only question:

- 113 combat, 93 hp, 60 prayer, 80 range. Do I have any chance with the Beast? I'd be wearing everything you are exactly.

Thanks for the guide, Impaler. I was really impressed at the precision with which you explained everything. Here's my only question:

- 113 combat, 93 hp, 60 prayer, 80 range. Do I have any chance with the Beast? I'd be wearing everything you are exactly.

Highly doubt it shiva, you will need longer to take the 360s out with range, and on the otherside pot up less with 1 sip of your ppots, so i guess if you have a chance you reach him you will be very short on supplies, but if you want have a try and give us your comments then :)

gl, herf

herfriedtk9.png

Possibly, i would say replace 1-2 sharks with two more prayer pots, as it wil be harder to kill with range.

Sayin, the safe spot, when i say start point, that is where you should be when the boss spawns, THEN you run to him and shoot and arrow, and run back to the next picture, sorry if that wasnt made clear enough.

Also, you have to LONGRANGE the healers, and if done right you will kill them fast and hope one gets stuck in a spot where it cant heal.

Yes healers come back, you just have to kill them again, its not impossible, but its also not a piece of cake. :wink:

Also, i say 90 hp because i believe that is the max hit, ive only been hit 72 before, so it doesnt always hit 90, so if you are lower HP you can try for it, just hopey ou have the right pray on when you are running from him, and eat full no matter what.

user1-dark.png

Okay, let me help you a bit by giving you the picture you asked for :

bossdeath1vs.th.jpg

Have fun :)

Few hints :

This thing has a monster def, I hit tons of 0s with Karil's X-bow, 92 ranged potted to 103 :/ However, its health is really low, reminded me of the 360 to be honest.

I died due to yellow spots appearing at the 4 corners, I got to say it kinda scared me as I was having a bad time already fighting the boss :/ When it's about to use a range attack (rocks), it will stomp the ground, but his feet will stay in the air for only 4 secs, while for the magic attack he'll raise his feet a big higher, and his feet stay in the air for like 6-7 secs :) Hope that helps. You'll see the diff, it's quite hard, especially since I was really on a rush of adrenaline at that moment lol

What I mean by feet in the air is the following :

feetintheair2gx.th.jpg

Edit : Ooooh, he started with his ranged attack with me, but thanks to you, I knew what prayer to start with ;) He did a few ranged, then randomly did magic, then ranged, then around 5 hits of magic, and then I got killed :P

ranger4life995ut.gif

Does anyone know what its melee attack looks like? Given that the animations of mage and range are so long, it may be possible to use protect from melee, switching when it starts to use one of the other animations.

Would there be a benefit in bringing prayer robes as opposed to range gear? I realize it would be harder to hit, but over the course of 15 or so prayer pots, that is a huge extended amount of time you could spend in there.... just a thought.

Also could you clarify which to pray protect from first when fighting the boss. In the picture you have protect from mage, but in the text you said that in your experience he always starts with range attack.

Grayd0, he doesn't have use a melee attack if you stay far away from him, he'll stick with ranged and magic.

Shadowbot :Well, the problem is that prayer robes would take 2 spots that could be used by pray pots, and unless you stick with prayer robes all the time (making you very vulnerable to the lower level monsters and leaving you unprotected if you fail to protect on time to the attack of a 360. And trust me, you probably will, I got hit by a few 40s, and I'm a very careful person). Also, you'd have a very hard time hitting the boss and the 360 with pray robes :/ Personally, I brought 2 ranged pots (4), 7 sharks, and the rest was pray pots (4). I wore what you see in the screenshot.

I had protect from mage because at that moment (he was about half dead) he was in a maging spree, but he switched to ranged attack and I wasn't quick enough to switch my prayer. But from my only experience with the boss (That was my second trip), he started with ranged attack, and it did the same with Impaler from what he said. I'll try him again as soon as I'm out, which will take a long time as I have 8 hours of class today...

ranger4life995ut.gif

point is I dont want to range, want to get up close and personal with the big nasty. If i can successfully switch prayers while up against him I can kill him faster than I ever could with my abysmal range.

I got to 12th 360 with 7 slots wasted on useless runes/ahrims, mith arrows and veracs. Im pretty sure I can get to the end with enough prayer pots and sharks left to put up a very good fight, but my range just isnt up to its defence.

If its melee animation is another animation then I will always know when I need to switch prayers.

When you are in melee distance monsters tend to prefer this over their over forms (perfect example steel dragons). if the melee attack is easy to identify (another animation for example) that it could probably work out alot easier using this method.

Just because range owned the 360s, doesnt mean its the best way to kill the 704.

I see.

Well, if you look me up, you'll see that I can't melee a goblin (okay, well, maybe it's not that bad, but it doesn't compare to my range) to save my life, so I can't give any help on that. However, I know that magic works very poorly on the monsters, and I also know that the levels 360 switch between magic and melee randomly when you're close enough (and I believe their max is 49, anyway, it was 41 on me). And you can't see what kind of attack it'll use before it's too late. Maybe you could stay out of their melee range by using a halberd, but in that case you couldn't use a safe spot (the frogs attack from their maximum distance, so even if you started the fight in the safespot, it'd just stay far away maging you, leaving you only with ranged or magic to fight back, and coming closer to halberd would mean leaving your safe spot, and thus making you vulnerable to all the other monsters). I dunno if it can be done, and if it is, prepare for a very hard time :( This place was obviously made to be completed by ranger, for once :)

EDIT : Oh, sorry, didn't see the second part of your message.

Well, it's already good you got to the 12th 360, but remember there are 20 other, with more monsters, before the 702. So you'd need some serious supplies :/ If you manage to get to the 702, I can't help you with melee, I'm a ranger and I won't go next to him to get 1 hit by a probable melee attack, and thus wasting another 2 hour ;)

ranger4life995ut.gif

I can take on the 360s with range, but these are a fair bit easier than the 704.

Apart from different stats, what makes the two fights different is the attack delay.

The 360s magic attack is very fast, allowing you no time at all to switch prayers.

The 704 practically gives you a warning before it uses a different form of attack, allowing you to switch to the right prayer. Fighting 3 styles instead of 2 cant be much worse, especially when they become more likely to use the first one over the others.

EDIT: Planning on pulling all the stops next time, no rubbish mith arrows ;)

Well, I wish you good luck :)

I'll personally do my very best to have this cape tomorrow, I don't believe it's going to take me more than 5 trips lol :P

Kinda expensive though :/ Lots of ranging pots + 2k Bolt racks per trip, that's around half a mill per trip lol. Fortunately I have 16k bolt racks :D

ranger4life995ut.gif

i got a question lol. since everyone seems to say that it does the range attack first, why not use range pray while running to it instead of mage?

just wonderin :P i still havent gotten to it yet.. kept running out of pray pots :x (i used 16 4-dosers the last time :()

is 52 prayer good enough for this? :oops: got 99 hits tho and 98 range lol :P

oh and if u use crystal bow instead of karil's bow how much slower can it be? cuz i dont have karil's bow :P lol i used 5 charges on my crystal bow to get through over 20 lvl 360s :x

Well, Richie, I'm not Impaler, but I can tell you that with 49 pray, 19 (maybe 1 or 2 less) I got to the boss and I had a full pray pot (4 doses) left when the boss was at half health. Of course, he killed me after but that's my own fault. So I don't see why you couldn't do it :)

And although I have a crystal bow, I didn't use it because at the very end it would be in such a bad state I could hardly harm the boss/level 360s. Of course, I use range only, not melee, so I use more shots. Also, I find the crystal bow to be too slow for this, since the more time you spend on a monster, the more prayer you lose. My max hit with crystal bow is 24, my max with Karil is 21 (both potted at 104 ranged, with a natural 92, soon 93, ranged), but the crystal bow is a lot slower. Of course, you wouldn't have to worry about range as you would shoot farther :)

ranger4life995ut.gif

VERY nice guide :D

i just wanted to ask 1 question that isn't yet clear.

if you do the luring method and manage to get it to the safe spot, do you still need prayer on? in your screenie you are in the safe spot ranging it but with no prayer, does it just not hit you if you get it right?

i got to the 702 once, havent retried but i was too far away from it to differentiate between attacks.

i think both attacks raise the font 2 legs but they just stay in air for 4 or 7 seconds? this correct?

sig28no.png

i got to the 702 once, havent retried but i was too far away from it to differentiate between attacks.

i think both attacks raise the font 2 legs but they just stay in air for 4 or 7 seconds? this correct?

Can't answer the first question, and it wasn't adressed at me anyway :P

From my very limited experience, I can tell you that both of his attacks result in him raising his front legs, but the mage one is longer and he also raises one of his leg higher I believe. But the more I think about it the less I'm sure so I better shut up and go kill it once I get back to home :P

ranger4life995ut.gif

well i tried the luring method, didnt occur to me that you need to actually lure him into the corner area then run against that wall, so people take note of that.

when i lured him he didnt get caught right cause i didnt lure him into the corner area.

arg its such a pain, 2 hrs to fail to just try again.

i wouldnt mind it if i could log out halfway through and finish later, i hate sitting here for 2 hrs straight.

also now that i got the hang of it, i think killing him with just prayer wouldnt be too hard.

legs high in the air for about 3 seconds = mage

quick stomp with legs 1 second then = range

I think you basically get 3 seconds total in between both attacks, because when it stomps you also get another 2 seconds before the rocks fall.

untitled8copyiu7.gif