The Most Profitable Skill?

textrunner

Good Combat blows all skills out of the water

Armadyl GWD and Tormented demons in particular

i know some people are going to say "oh that's just luck so you can't put a gp/hour on it"

but i'm going to squash that right now

Using rune crossbow, broad bolts, godsword, piety, and eagle eye, I can and have killed tormented demons solo at a rate of 16 kills per hour, breaking even on supplies from non-dragon drops.

Dying is not a problem because it is easy to run back to your grave within 6 minutes so long as you have a spare sapphire lantern.

If you look at any guide, they will estimate the drop rate of claws to be 1 in 200 to 300

lets say claws sell for 35 mil, and lets assume we break even on everything else, and the drop rate is 1/250.

at 16 kills per hour this is 2240k gp/hour

in fact you would need to go roughly 2 standard deviations below the average drop rate in order for the income to drop to 1 mil gp/hour

THERE IS ONLY A 5% CHANCE OF EARNING LESS GP/HOUR @ TORMENTED DEMONS THAN BY RUNECRAFTING

I've never been to armadyl GWD but i've been told that it is even superior to tormented demons.

I mean sure there are other great skill based money makers out there that can earn over 1 mil gp/hour BUT these money makers are for the most part secrets to a handful of people, and would stop making that much gp/hour if those secrets were leaked.

Armadyl GWD and Tormented Demons are known to be good money makers by everyone, and they STILL ARE AMAZING.

In contrast the best skill based money makers like 91 runecrafting make on the order of 1 mil gp/hour

Naaxi.png

Runecrafting, it's extremely quick if you have use of all pouches and the Abyss.

Not mention my boyfriend made quite a mint from the Zammy alter thing south of Ardougne. Even though it gives random runes if you are using a decent amount of essence say 50k or so you will make quite alot.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Mining is the most profitable skill from 85-99.

If you mined specifically and only rune ore after being granted the ability to mine it, then you'd need to mine 78,207 rune ores to hit 99.

That's 1,173,100,440 gp (1.17B GP)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Woodcutting, maybe Fishing. One of them two.

;;;;:::.... ¸**¸ .. ¸**¸**,¸¸¸,* ©ÿ hê õå *,¸¸¸,**¸**¸ .. ¸**¸ ....::::;;;;

¸**¸ ..::;;; *¸ *,¸¸,* . ,¸¸¸,* ./¥\àêr õ árçâm *,¸¸¸, . *,¸¸,* .¸* ;;;::.. ¸**¸

*,¸¸,* .. *¸ ..::;;; *¸ **¸ .. Mäý hê õåêr ôvêñ bë wïh ÿõµ .. ¸** ¸* ;;;::.. ¸* .. *,¸¸,*

;;;;;;:::::..... *,¸¸, *,¸¸¸, *,¸¸¸,**,¸Gô îñ Þéàçê ¸,**,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* ......:::::;;;;;;

This signature was made on the RuneScape forums by me, Cy The Toast.

this really depends on 3 factors: the level of the stat, you luck, and whether you are p2p or not. For example if you have 30 in every stat, what's the best way to make a profit? I'd say mining or maybe runecrafting for f2p. For p2p, i don't know, b/c i'm f2p. No say we're at 50. Changes again. For f2p it's tie between rc and mining again. Now say 70. At 70 woodcutting yews is good if there aren't other people around, fishing for lobsters and swordies are good, so is crafting runes, as well as smithing steel bars and selling them, or even mining adament. At 99, most skills are profitable, especially runecrafting, mining, smithing, fishing and woodcutting. It all depends really.

P.S. this is assuming you are f2p.

this really depends on 3 factors: the level of the stat, you luck, and whether you are p2p or not. For example if you have 30 in every stat, what's the best way to make a profit? I'd say mining or maybe runecrafting for f2p. For p2p, i don't know, b/c i'm f2p. No say we're at 50. Changes again. For f2p it's tie between rc and mining again. Now say 70. At 70 woodcutting yews is good if there aren't other people around, fishing for lobsters and swordies are good, so is crafting runes, as well as smithing steel bars and selling them, or even mining adament. At 99, most skills are profitable, especially runecrafting, mining, smithing, fishing and woodcutting. It all depends really.

P.S. this is assuming you are f2p.

No, actually.

In F2P, runite mining wins, hands down.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 3 weeks later...

Sustainable, I'd say 91 Runecrafting.

Unsustainable, it'd have to be combat (GWD or Tormented Demons, imo) or Hunter at 83 - At 83 Hunter, I average 800k per hour but it's anything from 200k an hour to 3m+

Mining is in there, too, but I'd think 91 Runecrafting would be better. Just a guess, though.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]