Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When did you join?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

trunks954
[ Display Name History ]

trunks954

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
Not sure when in 2001 was when lumby was the only really safe town. hmmm

crazyj18
[ Display Name History ]

crazyj18

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
I started my first account in the summer of 2001. I got to level 20 or 30, and I didn't know how to do prayer or magic. My character got hacked (i tried to use one of those "stat editors" haha). I logged in eventually to find him at all lvl 1 stats and nothing on him. So, I created a new account Dec. 2001-Feb 2002 incase they tried to hack the other again.I remember when R2h were 500k-1mill I went into the wild with it, and didn't know about the protect item prayer, and I lost it. I missed the cracker drops :(. I missed Easter eggs too, but had fun with the mask and santa drops. Me and a friend bought up 10 sets of all 3 masks, and we had countless santa hats. I got the bunny ears in 2003, but missed the scythe on this character, but have it on several others. I stopped playing much because of RS2, just playing on my pure/pkers/duelers. I left my party hat on classic, on my defense/mining pure. Gave away all of my stuff in RS2 in 2005 or 2006. And just started playing again a week ago, I hope they reopen classic again, I'd like to see that party hat haha, because I'm so broke on RS2.
Posted Image

Just started back after a long 2+ year break

ssj2yugi
[ Display Name History ]

ssj2yugi

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
Late 01 or beginning of 02. Arc Druid and any of the other Elites will inform you that I leveled from level 3 - 123 Faster then any other person, (some say I autoed) really I nolifed night and day.

KnightLite
[ Display Name History ]

KnightLite

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,583 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mr Helmut
  • RSN2:Tydas
  • RSN '07:Mr Helmut
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
Rs Classic - Feb 2001 until November 2008 (Still log on occasionally)
Rs2 - August 2009 - present
- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2
Posted Image

DAME
[ Display Name History ]

DAME

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 52 posts
spring or summer 2001 I don't remember, I have talked with some jagex staff about creating a runescape birthdate on highscores to tell the accuont creation date exactly, I had a thread on their forums a few years ago that went on for a really long time, but most people were against it, no idea why.

Car_Salesman
[ Display Name History ]

Car_Salesman

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • RSN:Car Salesman
Joined sometime before the wilderness was added. Been playing on and off for the past 4 years probably.

CaJ
[ Display Name History ]

CaJ

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • RSN:CaJ
  • RSN2:Xxeda
February 2003.

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts
Sept/Oct 2002

i_m_darkness
[ Display Name History ]

i_m_darkness

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • RSN:Wardi
  • Clan:The Titans
Somewhere in 2004
Posted Image

Posted Image

MyCalmSkills
[ Display Name History ]

MyCalmSkills

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • RSN:MyCalmSkills
  • Clan:Faithfull Skills

I Never Quit When Rs2 Came Out But I Still Miss Classic As It Was More Community Focused And Social. Also In Classic I Got A Free Cracker Cause Someone Said They Didnt Want It Back When It was Worth Zilch. I Still Got 300m Of The Money :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Proud To Have Once Owned An Untrimmed Agility Cape

wynkstar
[ Display Name History ]

wynkstar

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:wynkster
  • Clan:The Neggas Clan
I've played since late 2001 early 2002, went through about four accounts since then.. Been using wynk since 2006, he was my bank pure from around 2002-2005. Almost 9 years of RuneScape.. wow.
Posted Image

Thedra
[ Display Name History ]

Thedra

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lady Thaedra
  • Clan:PC Elite
On and off (mostly off) since February 2001. When the RS2 beta was released I took it for a test drive and left RSC in my rear-view mirror. I rarely miss anything about RSC.
Posted Image

knepri
[ Display Name History ]

knepri

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Knepri
I actually dont know when I started. I did play for atleast a year before RS2 came out.
I was so mad at it that I stopped playing, lol :)
Posted Image

Eyrelex
[ Display Name History ]

Eyrelex

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 780 posts
I guess i'm a young'un in this thread but I started playing sometime in April 2005, I only remember cause a while after I realized I had missed the Easter event and my chance to get the stupid rubber chicken <_< of course at the time I really had little idea of what was going on so I guess it couldn't have been helped. But I was also able to try RSC for a little bit since it was still available to everyone back then and all I can say is I don't know how you guys played that...of course i kid...I understand how you guys must've felt when they changed to RS2 now with all the changes Jagex has made to the game and none are anywhere close to being as major as going to 3D.
Posted Image
Check out my Pocket Slot idea!

StArCrAfT213
[ Display Name History ]

StArCrAfT213

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • RSN:Starcraft213
  • Clan:N/A
Feb 2002 i started, i remember finding a Pile of Leather bodys and being like OMFG! wooot im rich! lol how fun. i remember the hunt for Masks n santas was fun, Sadly i missed out on the Cracker drops coz i hadnt started to play yet. i looked at the likes of Zonghui and wanted to catch him! lol only made it to lvl 94 b4 Rs2 came out though.
Used to get killed by Sue_me at greaters all the time, but had some people by the likes of Killermandie, Master_nz(i think thats the name) and others try to help me out. they were cool as leavin me a lil lvl 8x at greaters just to Pk the big fish. Good times but i stil went straight to RS2

just thinking about some of the hours i put into some things just to make a buck, i think i camped the Nature rune chest for months in ardy to sell them to flubber12 lol

Alpha_ONE
[ Display Name History ]

Alpha_ONE

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Master814zx
  • RSN2:Ryukenx3k
  • Clan:The Ragnarok Connection
I believe I joined around 2002 or 2001. I was watching a friend play and was amazed that there were "MMORPGs". I was a big fan of RPGs (after finishing Final Fantasy 7 and 8 of course!) =)
Posted Image

Dakr06
[ Display Name History ]

Dakr06

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • RSN:Dakr06
  • Clan:DGS
Well I remember playing back in 7th grade, I am 22 turning 23 this october now, so that was 10 years ago. So sometime in 2000 or 2001 I joined. Original first account was Wadie back then, and my best friend from highschools acct was travmania88(his name is on 1 of those old highscores things in mining like 1900 out of 2000 or so). Hard to place an exact date but I do remember there was no runite and the best weapon was basically Addy B-axe, and you could wear whatever armor you wanted to at whatever level was no defense requirement for equips.
Posted Image

johnderby
[ Display Name History ]

johnderby

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
This is my first time in this forum. I seem to always do something that is not a general or almost none, or idea, or hit a strange problem. I am always looking for answers, but many of them come completely dry. Many of them, the results have appeared in this forum many times and once when he was not even answer if nobody else does.

JeremyM
[ Display Name History ]

JeremyM

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 959 posts
A long time ago! The one thing I love about RS2 though is the ability to note any item. Miles, Niles, and Giles were my best friends back in RSC.

Posted Image

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

I Never Quit When Rs2 Came Out But I Still Miss Classic As It Was More Community Focused And Social. Also In Classic I Got A Free Cracker Cause Someone Said They Didnt Want It Back When It was Worth Zilch. I Still Got 300m Of The Money :thumbsup:

It seems you enjoy capitalizing the first letter of every word. ;)

I started playing during the transition from RSC to RS2; on multiple accounts. Then I quit, and missed the Rubber Chicken, and came back probably a day after the Easter event. I've been playing off and on, though. The game seems to be losing it's luster as of late.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users