Easier to get your first 99 then your second and so on?

Albel

My experiences may be a bit different from everybody else's...

As of today, I now have seven 99s.

The first one (agility) is the only skill I can stand sitting and training for long periods of time - I did it at Ape (summer 2006, so it was the fastest course then), and didn't even leave the course between 74 and 94.

It took me an extremely long time (74-99 took about 8 weeks, and then I went to 17m to gain #8 rank, which was another 3.5 weeks), but I started to think of this as normal for training other skills to 99.

At this point, I was already 1700 total though (BEFORE hunter and summoning, so my skill average was almost 80 already), so from there, training to 99 usually meant less actual xp than the 12.1m I did for agility (in addition to the 4m xp I did afterward).

Second and third (simultaneously) were fletching (already 91) and woodcut (already 95). This was before make-x broke fletching, so speeds of 300k an hour were still easily possible while stringing. Because of this (and the recent release of teaks), these two 99s combined took less time than 99 agility. I thought that all the rest of the 99s might be this simple.

99 cooking certainly was. I was already 96 when I decided to finally get it, and I did it mostly on tuna, so it only took a few days. 99 thieving then took a little while more (from 92), but it wasn't too bad either because it was the 2nd fastest skill to train (other than fletching).

99 firemaking then happened during a race (started at 95), so I cheated for a large portion of it and used magics for roughly the last 500-600k xp. (I won.)

At this point, I decided to go for 99 fishing, the first skill that was even close to the same xp rate as agility was when I did it (and was actually overall slower, 41k to 45k). Going from 89 instead of a higher level, this was probably the most excruciating thing I've ever done on the game. Since fishing is a SLOW sit-and-click, I got sucked into the check-every-20k-xp mentality, and didn't really focus well enough to get it as quickly as I could.

Planning for hunter, construction soon, which should thankfully at least be a bit quicker. I find that 99s really aren't that bad if you first aim for a level between 90-93 (depending on your level of patience).

NO MERCH - NO PEST CONTROL - NO SOUL WARS

Lowest combat (only sub-90) on the TIF high scores list

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firemaking was my first, and most difficult. Cooking was my next, and was somewhat easier. Farming will be my third (an easy 2.5m xp left) and by far will be the easiest. However, I think the reason my 99 have go easier as I go on is because I am learning how to choose a skill that I enjoy and fits my style of playing. I like farming because I don't have to play for long periods of time or do repetitive tasks to get xp. I think my next 99 (if I can stop the farming addiction) will be magic, as I can do it while I watch a NASCAR race every weekend. Yeah it's a constant task, but I tried it out a couple weekends ago and even forgot that I was doing it a few times.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I always thought that I would never have a 99 skill. Too much work.

Then I started training slayer seriously and at one point my melee skills went above 90. I still thought I would never have a 99 though because lvl 90 isn't that close to 99.

One day I decided I wanted a 99 and picked defense. It went suddenly amazingly fast. There it was, an untrimmed defense cape.

The other melee 99s came real fast after that.

Now I am going for 99 range, although I had a break from slayer for a while now since I am raising my quest points (176-270 in three weeks) so I can do While Guthix sleeps. I'm doing that right now.

And I expect that I will get 99 range pretty soon after I start doing slayer again. Especially since I also took some time out to get 88 summoning.

So the first one was impossible. The others were dead easy.

99 slayer is really a project that has taken years now. I'm almost 98 now, so I think i will manage to get it. The worst is over. It will be the most difficult 99 I did so far.

I'm looking forward though to leveling a non-combat skill in the future. That will be a fresh experience.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

my first was my hardest, personally.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

ill have 99 fishing in a few days, and i knew full well what i was getting into, its 2 months now and im finally almost there, i knew it would be long and be hard, my 2nd 99 will be easy cause its cooking, knock that out in like 10 days

geranimal.png

Geranimal.png

Geranimal.png

After Fletching, my 99 Attack was a breeze since I was training Slayer to 90 before Dark Bows, and then camping Dark Beasts. Then I got 99 Prayer with the money, then 99 Str, then GWD comes out, and one by one my combat 99s go up like christmas light strings.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I would say second is easier.

For me I went and saved up 4 99's at once which took alot longer. Being mining, smith, wc and fm.

So you see. Getting another 99 after that is quicker for me. ..lol and literally speaking it certainly didnt take aslong to get my second one. Or 3rd. Or 4th =p

But seriously I find it easier because I know whats involved. You say you find it harder but let me be honest. 99 mining was alot harder than woodcutting attention wise. (Wc isnt easy though!) So so. That even when I train equally as difficult skills such as runecrafting I find it easier knowing what to expect.

Further more. I train skills beyond 99. I got like 92-96 in some of them again after the 99. So whenever I train one of my lower skills its so bloody f-ing easy compared to getting 2m+ xp a level after level 99.

So to sum up. I feel my view on this matter is a bit blurred but I do find getting another 99 extremely easy if I put my mind to it. That includes runecrafting and slayer. (Just not so 'extremely') I am currently 97 slayer and I feel that was maybe harder than some things I have trained BUT I still found it easier. The xp needed at 97 isnt 'that' much compared to what I am used to doing anyway. Takes a bit of time but I already know what it involves.

So it seems you find it harder knowing what it involves but for others they prefer it. I have to say I am one of the ones who prefer knowing.

Actually. When I was a complete noob I HATED training ANYTHING as it took FOREVER. Killing 100 goblins??! omg! Kinda thing. Nowadays I am killing like 200 black demons or something for 'one' task and I dont blink an eye lid. I know what it involves and I even enjoy it now compared to before.

Found my first 99, hunter, to be the easiest. I really enjoyed the skill so training it for long periods of time didn't bother me. It's also the only 99 i've done that felt like a "journey" to 99. My 2nd 99 was cooking which flew in, followed by theiving which just kinda happened as it was another skill i enjoyed. My 4th, firemaking, was probably the hardest, for me at least. Doing backwards firemaking at the G.E. meant i couldn't really talk as i had to concentrate on what i was doing which made it particularly difficult as it was easy to get bored. Still, glad i've done it.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Hunter in total was far more easier than the skill I'm currently trying to get to 99, agility, and considering I've 33M in Hunter...

I only train skills I like, not for the trim or whatever, I even dislike the trim, my original hunter outfit is ruined thanks to it. That's why I leveled 99 smithing so long after hunter, just couldn't live with the fact that my setup would be ruined. But now I just wear nothing but weight reducing gear, so it doesn't matter anymore for me.

I've been working on my first 99 on and off since 2006; Slayer. I'm at 86 right now, and I will get 99 before I quit this game forever, so help me God.

So I'm going to say that my first attempted 99 is hardest, but my first 99 will almost certainly be HP.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

My first 99 wasn't that hard, but neither is 99 hp which I am probably getting next. So I don't know if they get progressively easier, but I do think you get used to training skills for a long time after you've gotten some 99's.

2dvjurb.png

look at my stats on sig. almost 1950 total. none 99s.

sorry i just don't feel like grinding for hours is really fun...i hope mechscape have better solution to advance in the game (as jagex described non-grinding way).

i do love slayer, eventually i guess i'll get melees to 99's. i'm doing it the long way, training them balanced very close to get 90 90 90. i guess it would be epic getting atk&str&def at same time by using conrolled style 8-)

want_a_box.png

I don't have any 99's yet, as I'm going for an untrimmed hp cape. Mostly because everyone thinks is sooooooo hard to get, even though it's not. :lol: (shhhhh! Don't tell anyone!)

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

I actually didn't go for my first 99 intentionally; all my friends trained Woodcutting, so I did as well, and I just managed to get 99 in the process.

As for my second, I decided that Fishing was very close to Woodcutting, so I switched to that, and it was relatively easy to get to 99.

Now for the ones after those two, yea those were harder to get since they were trained differently (well, before all these do-x came out)

It definitely is less surprising when you see the exp gap from lvl to lvl when you've done it before.

I believe that's why the first one is always harder. I remember when I was level 80 going for a fletch cape, thinking "this is taking forever to level, blah blah blah." You can imagine my reaction when I found out I wasn't even halfway there :lol:

disturbeda.png

Well my first 99 was... oh wait I dont have one. :cry:

The plan is that I will get 99 runecrafting as my first 99 and then most likely strength. So far it really hasnt been that bad but I heard the last few levels can be really a pain, guess I will find that out soon.