Scientology? Scam? Cult? Religion? Joke?

Me_Hate_Libs

Well, I'm curious what people think about Scientology. I know a bit about it, but am not familiar with every bit of it. I guess I have a different take on it.

I live in Clearwater, Florida. I work in Downtown Clearwater. If you don't know, the world Scientology headquarters are located in downtown Clearwater. The corner of Fort Harrison ave and Cleveland street. Actually, as I speak, I'm looking at it through my window since it's 2 blocks from me.

Now, to anyone who doesn't know, they own about half of downtown Clearwater. Many streets have buildings that are blacked out. We have about 2 dozen blue busses that drive around shuttling them about. The Fort Harrison hotel being the main place of residency.

And you guys have never seen the Thursday max exodus. Every thursday at about 9:15 am, you see roughly 2-3 thousand people come pouring out of the HQ and onto the street where they walk to wherever they're going. It's kinda scary.

But being so close, it's amazing how secretive it all is. I don't think any religion could be so secretive about what they're up to and have some sense of legitimacy.

What do you guys think of it?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, doesn't bother me. I find religion as a whole to be flawed.

As do I. Maybe I don't like them because I can't go one day without one of those little idiots stepping in front of my car against the light. You can always tell it's them because they have on khaki/black slacks, a white button up shirt, and no tie.

I wouldn't say I'm really prejuidiced by that. It's just extremely irritating. And it's only ever them. Never a little kid of a confused old person, just a damn scientologist walking to some other place that'll take their money and help them with their "phaetons" or whatever they're called.

I thought their headquarters were in Camden.

Anyways, they are a cult/scam like every other religion.

How are all religions a scam? I'm Christian, and I follow the moral guidelines of the Bible. I didn't pay a cent to do so.

On Topic: Scientology is a joke in my opinion.

28jkzuv.jpg2a9b8sy.jpgwqx853.jpg

gridblack.png

Q: What's the difference between a cult and a religion?

A: How long they've been around.

:P

I may or may not have been wrong. Scientology considers Clearwater, Florida as it's world Spiritual HQ. That might be different than an actual HQ. :?

How are all religions a scam? I'm Christian, and I follow the moral guidelines of the Bible. I didn't pay a cent to do so.

Don't they pass around that thing, where you pay for the Churches renovations and such? And don't Muslims have to give up 10% of their earnings?

I'm Catholic, and they pass that collection thing around in my religion too, but you don't HAVE to pay, it's just if you want to donate. Most people do pay, but not everyone. Most of it either goes to donations or to fixing up the church and buying new equipment (it's a really modern place), and priests don't get paid, so the church really keeps very little, if any.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The Bank of Clearwater building serves as it's current HQ building while the Fort Harrison Hotel is still being renovated. After it's completion, that'll be the new HQ building.

Apparently they have many, many more places where these places live. And Clearwater is only for the upper, upper levels of Scientology.

Downtown Clearwater is celebrity central for celeb Scientologists, though they often travel by bus.

I know Travolta has been here many times, but never seen him. :roll:

Don't they pass around that thing, where you pay for the Churches renovations and such? And don't Muslims have to give up 10% of their earnings?

I'm Catholic, and they pass that collection thing around in my religion too, but you don't HAVE to pay, it's just if you want to donate. Most people do pay, but not everyone. Most of it either goes to donations or to fixing up the church and buying new equipment (it's a really modern place), and priests don't get paid, so the church really keeps very little, if any.

It's not donations. It's called tithing, and according to doctrine you are supposed to do it.

rssig2.png

It's not donations. It's called tithing, and according to doctrine you are supposed to do it.

It's not about donations or being force to give. It's always been giving as much as you can afford.

3 For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own,

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV

^ with what money though. Most people who run churches, vicars, pators etc not sure what they are called in other religions, do it as a full time job, and make no money.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Man, atheist are just gonna barrage this topic and leak small perks offending other religions, til it becomes a debate if God is real.

;-;

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Its a scam, cult and a Joke.

I don't really like Religion in general, but I hate scientology.

The founder just created it so he could make money, in my eyes.

He even said himself that he created it to make money.

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion." - L.Ron Hubbard.

Its a scam, cult and a Joke.

I don't really like Religion in general, but I hate scientology.

The founder just created it so he could make money, in my eyes.

He even said himself that he created it to make money.

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion." - L.Ron Hubbard.

And people still follow him, even after reading that quote.

Nice.

[hide=Also][yt]kLcDn1DCOOo[/yt][/hide]

2Xeo5.png

i find it hard to believe anyone would follow such a "religion". its a cult and a scam to make money, and nothing more.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Scientology is a scam for the people that created it, a cult for the people that actually buy into it, and a joke for everyone else.

True.

Man, atheist are just gonna barrage this topic and leak small perks offending other religions, til it becomes a debate if God is real.

;-;

Also true.

Must... resist... Urge... to debate about... how evil all religions are... ARGH...

Well i'm a christian but i don't know how its a scam... In my church the money from the offering plate hardly even covers the cost of renting the church.Of course there will be some greedy people who see religion as an opportunity too earn money but the people i know are genuinely nice people.