Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NCAA Football!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Kriegsmier
[ Display Name History ]

Kriegsmier

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kriegsmier

Texas is going to win the national championship this year. :thumbup:

HIGHLY doubt it. The winner of the SEC will win the National Title. And thats either Bama or Florida. Both are still VERY loaded. Problem with Big 12 teams is they never play real defenses and never have real defenses. SEC defenses will eat you alive. And Bama/Florida's offenses are both very very high powered and lethal. I can't see Texas winning this year, but i can see them potentially playing for it.
Posted Image

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB

Texas is going to win the national championship this year. :thumbup:

HIGHLY doubt it. The winner of the SEC will win the National Title. And thats either Bama or Florida. Both are still VERY loaded. Problem with Big 12 teams is they never play real defenses and never have real defenses. SEC defenses will eat you alive. And Bama/Florida's offenses are both very very high powered and lethal. I can't see Texas winning this year, but i can see them potentially playing for it.

Exactly, ask Oaklahoma that last year. Texas has good shot. However, defence wins national championships, so if it does fall to that...look for bama, or my personal favorites for it Florida.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

FunPhish
[ Display Name History ]

FunPhish

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Cr1msonTide
Man the 2 people who posted above me read my mind, there just isn't enough defense at OU/UT for them to go all the way. I could see maybe USC winning out of the PAC-10 (well not this year). But anyways this FSU vs The Canes tonight is exciting, big plays all around, on offense and defense. Already some deep balls, great catches, good sacks, big runs, this has been an awesome game. That's what I love about the ACC, the competition is amazing, anyone can beat anyone(well a few teams excluded). I mean last year almost every team was in the hunt for the title untill the last week, I love to see such evenly matched competition.

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts

Man the 2 people who posted above me read my mind, there just isn't enough defense at OU/UT for them to go all the way. I could see maybe USC winning out of the PAC-10 (well not this year). But anyways this FSU vs The Canes tonight is exciting, big plays all around, on offense and defense. Already some deep balls, great catches, good sacks, big runs, this has been an awesome game. That's what I love about the ACC, the competition is amazing, anyone can beat anyone(well a few teams excluded). I mean last year almost every team was in the hunt for the title untill the last week, I love to see such evenly matched competition.

You don't see USC winning the Pac-10 this year or the National Championship? USC is currently the only really outstanding team in the Pac-10 right now imo. I actually didn't even renew my student season tickets this year cause this season is going to be a [cabbage] show. I've gone back to rooting for my Washington Huskies this season.
Posted Image

FunPhish
[ Display Name History ]

FunPhish

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 277 posts

You don't see USC winning the Pac-10 this year or the National Championship? USC is currently the only really outstanding team in the Pac-10 right now imo. I actually didn't even renew my student season tickets this year cause this season is going to be a [cabbage] show. I've gone back to rooting for my Washington Huskies this season.

National Title, they're ALWAYS at the very least a good pick for the PAC-10, and I wouldn't say they're the only team. Cal is pretty good this year, and I think they may have USC at home. I also think with the recruiting they've done Stanford will be good in the upcoming seasons.

Kriegsmier
[ Display Name History ]

Kriegsmier

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 681 posts
Anyone watch the FSU vs Miami game tonight? I wasn't shocked. I've been telling people about Miami....a sleeping giant. They are very very young and very good, they should make some noise this year.

I can see USC making noise for a top spot, but i can't see their schedule strength helping them. The teams they play are just above sub-par on average. An SEC schedule will win you BCS points everytime, usually same with a Big 12 schedule. Pac-10 just doesn't have it. USC's best chance is to stay undefeated and hope Texas, Bama, and Florida all lose late in the season. I think USC plays a few teams that are vastly overrated.

My darkhorses to make a run at the top 5 are:

Georgia Tech

Mississippi

Watch out for Miami though, they'll be jumping into the rankings very soon.
Posted Image

FunPhish
[ Display Name History ]

FunPhish

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 277 posts

Anyone watch the FSU vs Miami game tonight? I wasn't shocked. I've been telling people about Miami....a sleeping giant. They are very very young and very good, they should make some noise this year.

I can see USC making noise for a top spot, but i can't see their schedule strength helping them. The teams they play are just above sub-par on average. An SEC schedule will win you BCS points everytime, usually same with a Big 12 schedule. Pac-10 just doesn't have it. USC's best chance is to stay undefeated and hope Texas, Bama, and Florida all lose late in the season. I think USC plays a few teams that are vastly overrated.

My darkhorses to make a run at the top 5 are:

Georgia Tech

Mississippi

Watch out for Miami though, they'll be jumping into the rankings very soon.

Yeah man that was a pretty damn good game, a lot of exciting plays. You're right about The-U, I'm suprised with that much young talent they weren't ranked in the pre-season top 25. I really think they can do some damage in the ACC, and honestly if Bradford isn't back for OU by the time these teams they play I think Miama could pull off a victory over The Sooners.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
The FSU Miami gane was very good. A instand classic In my opinion.

On the fact with USC in the national chapm game. I think... and this is a long way off though but...

I belive it will be Florida and USC in the national championship. And... Florida will win ;)

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Latinoking
[ Display Name History ]

Latinoking

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,783 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latinoking90
Can a true rookie QB really lead USC to the national title game? I dunno.

Michigan Wolverine Domination. Just the way I like it. :thumbsup:

I hate that Sam Bradford got hurt. :(

First off. It is bad about Sam. Hope he is not out to long...

Second off... Michigan can keep Rich Rod. By the looks of it he killed a amazing program in one season (WVU ALL THE WAY!! :thumbsup: )

Actually...they didn't do to bad. I wish Michigan the best :thumbup:

I still want Rich Rod fired though. I seriously don't like that the NCAA might investigate and find something all because he kept them for much longer than the 20 hours.

Me_Hate_Libs
[ Display Name History ]

Me_Hate_Libs

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,545 posts
I don't know why, but I hate college football. Maybe it's because the fans are so much more annoying than typical football fans. That, and I have better things to do on a saturday. Anything else to do on a saturday.
This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts

Can a true rookie QB really lead USC to the national title game? I dunno.

Michigan Wolverine Domination. Just the way I like it. :thumbsup:

I hate that Sam Bradford got hurt. :(

First off. It is bad about Sam. Hope he is not out to long...

Second off... Michigan can keep Rich Rod. By the looks of it he killed a amazing program in one season (WVU ALL THE WAY!! :thumbsup: )

Actually...they didn't do to bad. I wish Michigan the best :thumbup:

I still want Rich Rod fired though. I seriously don't like that the NCAA might investigate and find something all because he kept them for much longer than the 20 hours.

He looked really sharp on his first game. And looking at Michigan, they have potiental, but it will take some time for them to get rolling.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

FunPhish
[ Display Name History ]

FunPhish

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 277 posts

The FSU Miami gane was very good. A instand classic In my opinion.

On the fact with USC in the national chapm game. I think... and this is a long way off though but...

I belive it will be Florida and USC in the national championship. And... Florida will win ;)

I could see that with the schedule USC has, OSU looks like they aren't going to put up the fight everyone expects them to. Then again they could come out and suprise me, Tressel is a good coach, he knows what he's doing, it's just they never seem to play up to their talent. If it does come down to them vs. the Gators I think with UF's defense and the exotic blitz packages they bring will eat Barkley alive.

Lenticular_J
[ Display Name History ]

Lenticular_J

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,284 posts
The Big 12 is going to descend upon you like a wave of rock and roll. Tech's schedule this year really isn't too hard, the only really difficult games will be the hard ones we have every year, plus the fact that all the hardest ones (except for OU) are away. I can see Tech doing good, hopefully another Cotton Bowl, but I think UT is going to surprise us.

Not that I pay attention to anything but scores and, if I can, an actual game. Saturdays are usually busy for me. Unless I get Tech game tickets this year. I might for New Mexico or Rice, plus possibly OU tickets. I was about to buy Texas tickets with my brother, but I realized we're doing octathlon stuff that weekend :/
MATT DAMON AND MONEY.
catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
I do have one sleeper team for the BSC bowl championship game. If oaklahoma state university does what the need to do (and others do fall to the wayside) I belive they could have a shot at it. By the looks of it, it's anyones game, and thats how college football should be :thumbsup:

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Kriegsmier
[ Display Name History ]

Kriegsmier

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 681 posts

I don't know why, but I hate college football. Maybe it's because the fans are so much more annoying than typical football fans. That, and I have better things to do on a saturday. Anything else to do on a saturday.

Annoying? Its not annoying, its called passion. Something a "real" football fan as you call them and NFL fans don't have at least on the same level. Spend a day in the south at a football game, its hard to beat that atmosphere.

I agree about OKST.
Posted Image

Latinoking
[ Display Name History ]

Latinoking

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,783 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latinoking90

He looked really sharp on his first game. And looking at Michigan, they have potiental, but it will take some time for them to get rolling.

Yeah I think Notre Dame will be a early good test.

ElkNight
[ Display Name History ]

ElkNight

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,323 posts

Annoying? Its not annoying, its called passion. Something a "real" football fan as you call them and NFL fans don't have at least on the same level. Spend a day in the south at a football game, its hard to beat that atmosphere.

I agree about OKST.

College football (and basketball) > Pro
Posted Image
WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME
#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

FunPhish
[ Display Name History ]

FunPhish

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 277 posts

Yeah I definatly agree, I look forward to a really good game this Saturday. I can't say much about either team's defense but I know there'll be some scoring. If Michigan can pull off a win they have a chance to win 9-10 games this season with the schedule they have. Same goes for ND if they can win they stand a GOOD chance to win 10 games or more. But I guess that's a lot to say this early, I just hope to see a good game.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts

Yeah I definatly agree, I look forward to a really good game this Saturday. I can't say much about either team's defense but I know there'll be some scoring. If Michigan can pull off a win they have a chance to win 9-10 games this season with the schedule they have. Same goes for ND if they can win they stand a GOOD chance to win 10 games or more. But I guess that's a lot to say this early, I just hope to see a good game.

That sounds good to me. We shall wait and see..

I has a idea everyone. Lets see if we can pick potiental winners during the season. We will keep a "score board" on the first page if fun does not mind editing it ever week. If so...I could take care of it.

If we do this, what we do is take all the college games in Division1A, and guess the winners. Get our Win-lose and post it.

Be something cool to do on this thread :thumbsup:

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

FunPhish
[ Display Name History ]

FunPhish

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 277 posts

That sounds good to me. We shall wait and see..

I has a idea everyone. Lets see if we can pick potiental winners during the season. We will keep a "score board" on the first page if fun does not mind editing it ever week. If so...I could take care of it.

If we do this, what we do is take all the college games in Division1A, and guess the winners. Get our Win-lose and post it.

Be something cool to do on this thread :thumbsup:

That'd be fine with me, but I have to tell you that usually when I get on here it's at my ex-gf's and I have like 5 mins to read a few things and post once or twice. But if you're willing to do it just send me the layout idea you have for it and I'll do what I can to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users