Obama and Ramadan.

i_love_burritos

Besides the fact that muslims were responsible for 3,000 American deaths?

THIS is why Obama needed to do this. Too many Americans have all these [bleep] stereotypes about Muslims. The Muslims who flew into the World Trade Center in no way represent the beliefs of the majority of Muslims. Islam has turned into an evil religion in the eyes of Americans, and Obama is only trying to fix that.

mbqyk3.gif

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the fact that muslims were responsible for 3,000 American deaths? Not all Muslims, but some. Also, America was founded as a CHRISTIAN NATION. Did you know that God is mentioned in the Preambles to all 50 State Constitutions? Benjamin Franklin said "I have lived sir a long time, but the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth; that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a Sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, can an empire rise without His aid?"

America was also founded on the idea of religious freedom and the seperation of church and state. 9/11 was perpetrated by Muslims, the Oklahoma bombing were carried out by a Christian so what is your point?

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

THIS is why Obama needed to do this. Too many Americans have all these [bleep] stereotypes about Muslims. The Muslims who flew into the World Trade Center in no way represent the beliefs of the majority of Muslims. Islam has turned into an evil religion in the eyes of Americans, and Obama is only trying to fix that.

Yeah. I was always annoyed by the "Obama is a Muslim!" idiots during the election season. Even if he was a Muslim, what would be the problem?

I said "it seems". And have i stated that it's a crime? No i haven't.

I am not a fan of it, some people here try to convince you that it's a "love religion"... If it is, why is it then that you have force-marriage (and a very wide age spectrum), honour-murders, stoning etc.

I am not panicking.

1: No, i am a realist.

2: No, i simply believe that it doesn't belong in my country (nor does any religion in my mind).

3: No, i am agnostic.

Edit: I should also state before someone attacks me that, of course you have freedom of religion.

Force-marriage is something people do in middle eastern yes, is it right? NO

Just like how world was long ago, how afroamericans was used as slaves by americans. This is same type of thing. My father, and mother are muslims. I don't feel like saying i am because i am not that religious. I don't smoke or drink beer, but i just don't have that much will towards my religion. I got goals for it, but so far i have done nothing. Anyhow...

I have never heard of any incidents where there was force marriage within my culture (The Kurdish). I am sure there is some but i don't think it was a thing people found "normal".

Back to afroamericans as slaves and how white people did that to them. Eventually they got the chance to learn between what's right and what's wrong.

Many americans are like this "Oh they are like that and that in Muslim countries, we in American have freedom and rights!"

Well newsflash-----Americans used to have Afroamericans as slave.

Force marriage is not right, but it's something people who do it will eventually realize it's wrong. Those who don't are just scums whether they are muslims, kristen, etc...

Force marriage is not just a muslim/islam issue.

You haven't stated it's a crime, but it feels like it. Everytime good side of Islam is regonizied, it's like "Oh noo, muslims will invade US/other country!!!"

Reason i say many are ignorant towards Islam and good side of muslim is because they don't know there is two type of islamists/muslims:

Extremists:

Ones that you can find in Iran. They use Islam as a excuse. The interpreted the Islam on purpose.

Extremists seems to go towards the direction to becoming a terrorist.

Usual, good muslims:

People who believe in respecting one and another no matter what religion/beliefs/race/ etc you have...

My brother said often and he is totally right "It's not the religion but the people itself." Meaning that it's the people who do the choices not the religion that tells them to. They interpreted it wrongly on purpose or because of stupidity.

Honour-murders? Got any proof of this accusation? If so please present it so i can clear it up for you okey?

Stoning? That's something Iran do alot, and they execute alot of innocent people. Young children who did a small crime when they were young, later when they become older they execute them by hanging or stoning or some sort.

That's Iran, i hate the people who is making Iran such a bad place. The bastards that kill innocent people, and don't help the people.

Haven't you paid attention to news? When there was gonna be election there was cheating involved. What happened? The people demonstrated.

There was many people hurt including a girl killed. The people (good people) tried to create a change. But it never happened.

Besides the fact that muslims were responsible for 3,000 American deaths? Not all Muslims, but some.

Americans have caused far, far, far more deaths

This is a stupid argument because both Christians and Muslims have caused millions of deaths throughout history. This argument's only bandwagon debate depending wheither you're Christian or Muslim. End it.

Besides the fact that muslims were responsible for 3,000 American deaths? Not all Muslims, but some. Also, America was founded as a CHRISTIAN NATION. Did you know that God is mentioned in the Preambles to all 50 State Constitutions? Benjamin Franklin said "I have lived sir a long time, but the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth; that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a Sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, can an empire rise without His aid?"

You're making prehistoric molehills into mountains, dude. It's a fact that this country was based on Christianity when it was made, but thats cuz everybody back then was Christian. They didn't expect atheists and muslims and hindus to populate the nation at such numbers today because people usually stick to their home countries or similar-religious states back then. They saw America as a Christian nation with Catholics, Quakers, Lutherans, etc for decades in the future, because a mass wave of immigration from the Middle East or Asia was unlikely if not, unheard of.

But now, with mass-transport and easy access to all over the world, time have changed. America isn't just for Christians anymore. It's for any morally-good folks who believe in a democratic freedom.

Hmh.

All these acknowledgments to ANY religion is just pointless. Because while it may seem fair to the Muslims that Obama gets to say a speech to them, it may not be fair to other religions NOT to get a speech to them. But ultimately, they're being congratulated on having a belief. Woopie-doo, everybody has one of those.

Oh, and a quick note on the topic of foreign culture in the US: It's not your native country so don't expect it to be just like it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Yeah. I was always annoyed by the "Obama is a Muslim!" idiots during the election season. Even if he was a Muslim, what would be the problem?

If he was a Muslim, he could be a member of Al Quaeda for all we know. If a Muslim terrorist or terrorist group gets a good position in the American government, it would extremely easy to plan attacks on this country. There are too many Muslims in the Middle East that want to kill Americans, because they believe that we stand for everything they don't. They hate us, they want to kill us, they call us 'infidels'.

This whole speech is just giant bullcrap imo. No religion should be singled out and clearly given favor such as this, especially if it isn't the majority.

Imagine that there was a religion called Blarg. Now, Blargers (or followers of Blarg) live in a completely different world than members of the country of 'Narg'. Now, 'Narg' has its own beliefs and culture and tradition, but welcomes other people with tolerance. Let's take a look at Blargers -- half of them want to kill everyone and everything related to Narg, and the other half are just normal people. Let's say you have no way of knowing whether or not a Blarger is against Narg or not... now, would you give them an entire speech on how awesome they are even if they blatantly said that they wanted to destroy you and your way of life?

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

If he was a Muslim, he could be a member of Al Quaeda for all we know. If a Muslim terrorist or terrorist group gets a good position in the American government, it would extremely easy to plan attacks on this country. There are too many Muslims in the Middle East that want to kill Americans, because they believe that we stand for everything they don't. They hate us, they want to kill us, they call us 'infidels'.

Yeah because a Christian president could be a member of the KK for all we know. I mean, they carry the cross they have to be!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Oh, and a quick note on the topic of foreign culture in the US: It's not your native country so don't expect it to be just like it.

Islam is something i will always defend because it's my business, so if i have to talk about US i will.

I will give up trying to debate because:

1) I am not that good with grammar and spelling and when i am heated up i tend to do many mistakes making bad phrases/setences.

2) There is people who have many prejudices against muslims. People who are just ignorant.

3) There is so much hatred that US have caused to the world. I am sure there is many, many americans in US i will like to meet. I am sure they are great human beings, and infact i know someone who is from US and is a good friend of mine.

But the fact is:

There is just so much hatred in US towards Islam and muslims. Unfortunately the people who see the TV and the clowns that do these things go around thinking "All muslims are terrorists".

"Soon there will be muslims everywhere!!!" "Obama is muslim!!!"

"Obama is respecting muslims!!!"

Let's not forget the fact?

Muslims are humanbeings... or are we not to US racists?

If he was a Muslim, he could be a member of Al Quaeda for all we know.

:wall: This is the "logic" that I can't stand from opponents of Obama. He could be in the KKK because he's American.

Oh wow, Nick stole the words right from my mouth/post.

This whole speech is just giant bullcrap imo. No religion should be singled out and clearly given favor such as this, especially if it isn't the majority.

Imagine that there was a religion called Blarg. Now, Blargers (or followers of Blarg) live in a completely different world than members of the country of 'Narg'. Now, 'Narg' has its own beliefs and culture and tradition, but welcomes other people with tolerance. Let's take a look at Blargers -- half of them want to kill everyone and everything related to Narg, and the other half are just normal people. Let's say you have no way of knowing whether or not a Blarger is against Narg or not... now, would you give them an entire speech on how awesome they are even if they blatantly said that they wanted to destroy you and your way of life?

Nice propaganda.

Of course Obama isn't going to make a speech about terrorists. It was directed toward the ones that don't want to kill us.

mbqyk3.gif

Yeah because a Christian president could be a member of the KK for all we know. I mean, they carry the cross they have to be!

First off, it's called the KKK. It's white supremacist, but at least it stays in its own country and it's small. It keeps to itself nowadays and does no harm.

Muslim terrorism, on the otherhand, resorts to extreme acts of violence. Blowing yourself up, hijacking airplanes, murdering more innocents than you could count. The reason behind all of this is that they hate America because it's (in their eyes) the biggest nation of sin and everything that they stand against.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Of course Obama isn't going to make a speech about terrorists. It was directed toward the ones that don't want to kill us.

Yes, but I don't see him saying in the speech that he's talking about just that subset of Muslims. He's talking about every single follower of Islam, and that they're great.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Oh ffs get a grip, do you think he would have had a chance of becoming President if he was a member of a terrorist group like Al Qaeda? I'm sure somebody among the world's press would have uncovered that little gem if he was. People like you who instantly connect all Muslims with terrorism are a big part of the problem, there are over 1 Billion Muslims in the world and a small minority are terrorists, just like a small minority of Christians, Hindus and Sihks are. Since Obama is a Christian he might be a member of Lambs of Christ or the Army of God.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

First off, it's called the KKK. It's white supremacist, but at least it stays in its own country and it's small. It keeps to itself nowadays and does no harm.

Muslim terrorism, on the otherhand, resorts to extreme acts of violence. Blowing yourself up, hijacking airplanes, murdering more innocents than you could count. The reason behind all of this is that they hate America because it's (in their eyes) the biggest nation of sin and everything that they stand against.

Muslims do extreme acts of violence? I am a muslim :shock:

Am i in prison? No

Is police after me? No

Have i done anything bad towards someone? No

Blowing myself up? Where do you get that from, give me some facts PLEASE FAAAAAAAAACTS!

Hijacking airplanes??? 11/9? That was extreme muslims also called "Terrorists".

Murdering more innocents? Where is your proof of that? Give me prooooooooof!

We hate American? I love American for many of the rights. I don't agree with everything but if American loves that then i am giggy with it! But i don't like drinking so i don't do that but if i see a American friend do that i will say "Push push push!!".

Dude just stop with your propaganda. GIVE ME PROOF/FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Islam is something i will always defend because it's my business, so if i have to talk about US i will.

But the fact is:

There is just so much hatred in US towards Islam and muslims. Unfortunately the people who see the TV and the clowns that do these things go around thinking "All muslims are terrorists".

"Soon there will be muslims everywhere!!!" "Obama is muslim!!!"

"Obama is respecting muslims!!!"

Let's not forget the fact?

Muslims are humanbeings... or are we not to US racists?

I definately agree with you Hemen. Maybe I should better explain my statement?

You, as a immigrant, can still keep your culture within your family and like-minded folks like in Chinatowns throughout the country. But when you're trying to pass laws and social reforms to make your culture easier, such as excused time for praying in schools or censoring things on TV. Let's not forget, the reason WHY you left your native country, and compare it to what you're having now. Sacrificing small parts of your culture (which you could still totally do it in the correct times), seems like a fair deal to me.

And if you have homesickness, you could start up business which sells your culture's food or items if your numbers are big enough. Somebody has to do that here for Argentines...

==

And is it just me, or are Muslim one of the laid-pack kids in school? :lol:

siggy3s.jpg

I definately agree with you Hemen. Maybe I should better explain my statement?

You, as a immigrant, can still keep your culture within your family and like-minded folks like in Chinatowns throughout the country. But when you're trying to pass laws and social reforms to make your culture easier, such as excused time for praying in schools or censoring things on TV. Let's not forget, the reason WHY you left your native country, and compare it to what you're having now. Sacrificing small parts of your culture (which you could still totally do it in the correct times), seems like a fair deal to me.

And if you have homesickness, you could start up business which sells your culture's food or items if your numbers are big enough. Somebody has to do that here for Argentines...

==

And is it just me, or are Muslim one of the laid-pack kids in school? :lol:

Living in Norway is not a problem to me at all. It becomes a problem if:

- People look at me and ses a potential suicide bomber. Everyone can do bad things in world independent on their religion. The religion i believe in (Islam) does not say that sucidie bombing and killing innocents is right. That is bastards who hate the west who use Islam as a excuse. The term for them as i said is "Extreme muslims".

- When Islam is being talked bad about like if it's a bad religion when it's clearly not.

- When false accusations about Islam and muslims is being made. If you look through this thread many of the opponents of Islam have made comments that "Islam" has force marriage, stoning, suciding bombing, hi-jacking planes.

Ill clear that again:

Force marriage:

It's a problem everywhere in the world, and i really have not ONCE encountered one in my culture.

Stoning:

I am 100% sure this is what Iran does to innocent people. Iran have many extreme muslims who have high positions. I am totally against those scums/bastards and so is millions of other muslims.

Suciding bombing:

These are extreme muslims who choose to use terroristic methods.

Hi-jacking planes:

11/9 - Extreme muslims.

I can go on forever but i really hate the prejudices and propaganda that US politicians and other people make about Islam and muslims and other cultures.

The thing is those opponents of Islam and muslims who have predjuces and perhaps are racists have no more proof other than what some extremist islamists have done.

AGAIN LIVING IN WEST IS CHILL!!!!

[hide=Much text]

I said "it seems". And have i stated that it's a crime? No i haven't.

I am not a fan of it, some people here try to convince you that it's a "love religion"... If it is, why is it then that you have force-marriage (and a very wide age spectrum), honour-murders, stoning etc.

I am not panicking.

1: No, i am a realist.

2: No, i simply believe that it doesn't belong in my country (nor does any religion in my mind).

3: No, i am agnostic.

Edit: I should also state before someone attacks me that, of course you have freedom of religion.

Force-marriage is something people do in middle eastern yes, is it right? NO

Just like how world was long ago, how afroamericans was used as slaves by americans. This is same type of thing. My father, and mother are muslims. I don't feel like saying i am because i am not that religious. I don't smoke or drink beer, but i just don't have that much will towards my religion. I got goals for it, but so far i have done nothing. Anyhow...

I have never heard of any incidents where there was force marriage within my culture (The Kurdish). I am sure there is some but i don't think it was a thing people found "normal".

Back to afroamericans as slaves and how white people did that to them. Eventually they got the chance to learn between what's right and what's wrong.

Many americans are like this "Oh they are like that and that in Muslim countries, we in American have freedom and rights!"

Well newsflash-----Americans used to have Afroamericans as slave.

Force marriage is not right, but it's something people who do it will eventually realize it's wrong. Those who don't are just scums whether they are muslims, kristen, etc...

Force marriage is not just a muslim/islam issue.

You haven't stated it's a crime, but it feels like it. Everytime good side of Islam is regonizied, it's like "Oh noo, muslims will invade US/other country!!!"

Reason i say many are ignorant towards Islam and good side of muslim is because they don't know there is two type of islamists/muslims:

Extremists:

Ones that you can find in Iran. They use Islam as a excuse. The interpreted the Islam on purpose.

Extremists seems to go towards the direction to becoming a terrorist.

Usual, good muslims:

People who believe in respecting one and another no matter what religion/beliefs/race/ etc you have...

My brother said often and he is totally right "It's not the religion but the people itself." Meaning that it's the people who do the choices not the religion that tells them to. They interpreted it wrongly on purpose or because of stupidity.

Honour-murders? Got any proof of this accusation? If so please present it so i can clear it up for you okey?

Stoning? That's something Iran do alot, and they execute alot of innocent people. Young children who did a small crime when they were young, later when they become older they execute them by hanging or stoning or some sort.

That's Iran, i hate the people who is making Iran such a bad place. The bastards that kill innocent people, and don't help the people.

Haven't you paid attention to news? When there was gonna be election there was cheating involved. What happened? The people demonstrated.

There was many people hurt including a girl killed. The people (good people) tried to create a change. But it never happened.

[/hide]

I would never state it as a crime. Why would i?

It would be very nice if people could respect each other, that's true. But why am i then called "svenne jävel" (damn swede, to put it lightly) in my own country by people from the middle-east?

And if you think i am one of those "they are all extremists.. blabla", no i am not.

The immigration in my country is a joke, on so many levels. I wrote a piece about it earlier this year, want a pm about it (since i don't think it belong in this topic).

Honour-murders: http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/artikel_267561.svd use a translation tool (Swedish - English).

I have paid attention to the news. And i know about the protests in Iran.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I would never state it as a crime. Why would i?

It would be very nice if people could respect each other, that's true. But why am i then called "svenne jävel" (damn swede, to put it lightly) in my own country by people from the middle-east?

And if you think i am one of those "they are all extremists.. blabla", no i am not.

The immigration in my country is a joke, on so many levels. I wrote a piece about it earlier this year, want a pm about it (since i don't think it belong in this topic).

Honour-murders: http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/artikel_267561.svd use a translation tool (Swedish - English).

I have paid attention to the news. And i know about the protests in Iran.

kk first of all i am glad your a decent humanbeing. And i am sincerely sorry that those idiots who called you "Svenne javel", and i live in Norway and i can some swedish words.

Svenskar er gjette kul!

Anyhow those idiots are just what they are idiots. As for honour-murders, it's wrong and you have right to be angry about it. I am too, but we as individuals can't do anything other than do the right thing.

The right thing is try to have a open mind about all cultures/races. I am sorry that those people called you Svenne javel, but i promise you this they are just a very small amount out of many muslims.

So my advice to you:

Ignore the idiots, and try to find out WHO is good muslims and who is not.

Adrenal do you hate everything relating to positivity towards Islam? You never seem to have a positive word to say about Islam or anything relating to it.

Seems everyone is seeing this in black and white, not thinking outside the box. My perception on this considering Obama's personality of tolerance is that he's sending the message that if the president is ok with Islam, then so should the citizens of his own country, considering how much bias there is against Islam in the west.

They've been holding Iftars for a while now.

Is it only a problem now because a speech is glorifying a religion?

I agree no one religion should be elevated over another, but you have to concede to the fact that Islam is a special case.

Come on, how many people do you know who would immediately put down a Muslim as a potential threat? Talking to Americans, here.

Obama's just trying to bridge this huge gap that's emerged. Really--an entire country is against a specific faith because of a small, yet loud, representative group: a bunch of orange bearded mullahs with too much time on their hands.

Maybe this'll allow for a few less dirty looks on the street, or less easily loosed insults and threats.

It needs to be understood that its not a religion that is being fought, but a specific doctrine that endorses the taking of innocent life.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

I disagree with everything that comes out of Obama's mouth.

I wont smoke it if the name ain't right

My haze is looking like its been in a color fight.

Guess we are smoking on Picasso, light it up, ignite the spark.

Man it feels good to be smoking on fine arts.