Obama and Ramadan.

i_love_burritos

I haven't read the Koran, so i can't say what is in there. A good muslim should, but i am not a good muslim. I wish i did read it, but unfortunately i am more of a non-religion believer.

But my family and culture has Islam as religion, and we don't stand for sucidie bombing (Terrorist groups), 9/11 (Terrorists), Stoning and hanging (Iran goverment - bastards), bad treatment of womens (Muslim countries) etc

I wish there was no religions...

That way when a group of humans do something bad, everyone in world can say "Those people were very bad people" instead of saying "All muslims and Islam are bad!"

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not saying that they are all bad, just that more than you think are.

I agree on that many are bad apples. :thumbup:

EDIT:

Just that many from west label all muslims as bad, including ones that are good. And they do that because of ignorance, racism, or prejudices.

In America there is many anti-muslim propandists.

I find it funny how you guys are labeling certain sects of Islam as "bad". I'm going to shy away from the word "bad", as in the eyes of anti-American, and even in many civilians' eyes, US soldiers are the terrorists.

Anyways, what exactly are you arguing?

I think we all know that the minority of Islam is not actively plotting or taking part in any violent activity, anyone who thinks otherwise is probably too busy being stupid somewhere.

There are 2.5 billion Muslims, 10 million of which are Salafist Jihadist, and most of this minority provide just as much of a threat than a neo-Nazi teenager who has a stick-on swastika tattoo, who doesn't even know what eugenics is.

Given this, I concede that there are a few thousand Salafists who plan on committing acts of violence against infidels.

But, should everyone hate Christians because of the few dangerous KKK members that committed murder last year because of their beliefs? Or should we hate African-Americans because of the small minority that kill other gang members?

Also, SirHemen, you're blowing this out of proportion. Does anyone you know say "All muslims are bad!". I know most people are fairly ignorant, but I think the majority of people who are blatantly prejudice against Islam are either too old to have any kind of decent brain function, or are just too stupid to pay any mind to.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

How the hell is that a justification for hating politicians, and how is ingratiation at all limited to the realm of politics (it's probably something you practice in your daily life with authoritative figures, or to stay out of trouble, unless you're one of those "don't-take-nuttin'-from-nobuddeh" kind of person, in which case we have a whole new can of issues to discuss). How can you hate someone for not caring about a holiday that you most likely don't care about? All the while he is going out of the way and pretending that he does in attempts to do the most that he can do in that circumstance to appease the right people.

Because the ingratiation in question is fueled by deceit, as you've said yourself. Now telling someone their butt doesn't look big is one thing, but praising a particular religion for the sole purpose of making the public think you're a good president is a little different, don't you think?

How the hell is that a justification for hating politicians, and how is ingratiation at all limited to the realm of politics (it's probably something you practice in your daily life with authoritative figures, or to stay out of trouble, unless you're one of those "don't-take-nuttin'-from-nobuddeh" kind of person, in which case we have a whole new can of issues to discuss). How can you hate someone for not caring about a holiday that you most likely don't care about? All the while he is going out of the way and pretending that he does in attempts to do the most that he can do in that circumstance to appease the right people.

Because the ingratiation in question is fueled by deceit, as you've said yourself. Now telling someone their butt doesn't look big is one thing, but praising a particular religion for the sole purpose of making the public think you're a good president is a little different, don't you think?

Since when does being disingenuous nullify any position you hold. His duty, among many others, is to keep the US looking good, and to keep it safe. What he is doing is nothing more than fulfilling those duties in the best possible, and practical, way.

Look, if a serial killer comes into a nursery and asks you whether or not you agree that his hair looks good, you're sure as hell going to tell him that his hair is the best you've ever seen.

EDIT:

Just that many from west label all muslims as bad, including ones that are good. And they do that because of ignorance, racism, or prejudices.

LOl I like how you pulled the race card. is good.

Good grief :roll: Maybe we're anti muslims, because we are. Just like you're Anti -Christian. I like how its ok to be anti Christian, but not ok to be anti Muslim.

besides, we've all heard the [flame removed]

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Since when does being disingenuous nullify any position you hold. His duty, among many others, is to keep the US looking good, and to keep it safe. What he is doing is nothing more than fulfilling those duties in the best possible, and practical, way.

Look, if a serial killer comes into a nursery and asks you whether or not you agree that his hair looks good, you're sure as hell going to tell him that his hair is the best you've ever seen.

It's not like he was forced into being a politician though. He knew it was a game of deceit when he signed up for it. I'm not gonna cut him any slack just because that's what his job requires. I'm still gonna be a critical rebellious teenager. After all, I'm only doing what my position dictates I should do.

EDIT:

LOl I like how you pulled the race card. is good.

Good grief :roll: Maybe we're anti muslims, because we are. Just like you're Anti -Christian. I like how its ok to be anti Christian, but not ok to be anti Muslim.

besides, we've all heard the ancient [flame removed]

I was stating a fact. That there are people in media in US that spread propaganda about Islam and muslims. I never pointed the finger at anybody than those people that do that.

I am not anti-christian. You can think that if you want, but i am not.

It's not right to be anti-muslim or christian. But it's not christians that is being discussed in this topic. It's Islam and muslims and from what i have read many posts are ignorant.

They are about 9/11 (Terrorist group did that!!!!), Stoning (Iran goverment is doing that!), Sucidie bombing (Terrorist group again!), Force marriage (This have been a thing in whole world!), and so on.

I am not in this topic to argue. So it's sad to see that you think i am being anti-christian...

It's not like he was forced into being a politician though. He knew it was a game of deceit when he signed up for it. I'm not gonna cut him any slack just because that's what his job requires. I'm still gonna be a critical rebellious teenager. After all, I'm only doing what my position dictates I should do.

His position doesn't dictate any of that, those are just my personal (and many others') criteria for what a good president should do.

Why would he need any "slack to be cut" for him when he is potentially saving American lives. It seems that you see him in the defendant's seat, and maybe naturally so because many people don't trust transparency and simplicity in politics.

There is no evil plan, he does not value Islamic holidays over Christian ones, and so on.

Anyways, the product of your argument is that the ideal president shouldn't "take-nuttin'-frum-nobuddeh" (as said earlier), and should have the highest chin at all times, no matter how many stupid lil' treaties o' peace or public displays of the acceptance of Islam we have to push away.

Why would he need any "slack to be cut" for him when he is potentially saving American lives.

Well, for one, we've already made it clear on this forum why he is doing this. You really think the terrorists you speak of are going to give him the benefit of the doubt and think his "appreciation for the religion" is legitimate? They are probably already one step ahead of us. Yeah, he might be appeasing the general Islamic population, but remember who we're talking about here. Terrorists aren't going to care about you pretending to appreciate their religion. At the most, it will just offend them more. Keep in mind that America really hasn't done anything to them at all, yet there is a strong and prevalent mentality amongst the terrorists that we need to be killed - trying to deceive them adds to the list.

Anyways, the product of your argument is that the ideal president shouldn't "take-nuttin'-frum-nobuddeh" (as said earlier), and should have the highest chin at all times, no matter how many stupid lil' treaties o' peace or public displays of the acceptance of Islam we have to push away.

I'm not arguing that he's a bad president. A Runescape scammer who can make 50 million a day scamming people is very proficient at what he does. He is a good scammer. But that is completely irrelevant to whether I should give them my respect or if I shouldn't dislike them. I can agree with everything he does politically (although I do not, but that's besides the point), but still disagree with it on a more personal level.

Politicians are great at what they do. Deceiving people and telling them how they're gonna fix up the world, in order to secure votes. That doesn't mean I can't hate politicians and politics in general though. I guess a better way of looking at this would be, "Don't hate the player. Hate the game."

Well, for one, we've already made it clear on this forum why he is doing this. You really think the terrorists you speak of are going to give him the benefit of the doubt and think his "appreciation for the religion" is legitimate? They are probably already one step ahead of us. Yeah, he might be appeasing the general Islamic population, but remember who we're talking about here. Terrorists aren't going to care about you pretending to appreciate their religion. At the most, it will just offend them more. Keep in mind that America really hasn't done anything to them at all, yet there is a strong and prevalent mentality amongst the terrorists that we need to be killed - trying to deceive them adds to the list.

First off, you don't know that he doesn't care about the holiday, it is just a theory.

Complimenting someone insincerely is not a malicious act, but rather a kind one. Telling your girlfriend her pants don't make her look fat, even when they do, is the better thing to do. It means you're being a GOOD boyfriend. Even if she knows you're lying, she'll know that you care enough about her to lie about it. This isn't a phenomenon confined to politics at all!

I'm not arguing that he's a bad president. A Runescape scammer who can make 50 million a day scamming people is very proficient at what he does. He is a good scammer. But that is completely irrelevant to whether I should give them my respect or if I shouldn't dislike them. I can agree with everything he does politically (although I do not, but that's besides the point), but still disagree with it on a more personal level.

Politicians are great at what they do. Deceiving people and telling them how they're gonna fix up the world, in order to secure votes. That doesn't mean I can't hate politicians and politics in general though. I guess a better way of looking at this would be, "Don't hate the player. Hate the game."

If you think that's what a politician's job entails, then I can't provide you with a counterargument.

First off, you don't know that he doesn't care about the holiday, it is just a theory.

I'm just going off of what you guys established in this thread:

I'm certain Obama doesn't give a rats [wagon] about the holiday itself.

Complimenting someone insincerely is not a malicious act, but rather a kind one. Telling your girlfriend her pants don't make her look fat, even when they do, is the better thing to do. It means you're being a GOOD boyfriend. This isn't a phenomenon confined to politics at all!

Of course, and I agree, but our opinions don't matter. It comes down to the opinions of the terrorists - the same people who want us dead for no apparent reason. I just think the more we stick our noses into things, the more of a reason (although I acknowledge they are no real reasons at all) they have to hate us more.

If you think that's what a politician's job entails, then I can't provide you with a counterargument.

Well, that was mainly inspired by Bluelancer's posts. Like I said, I'm just going by what you guys said. You guys are more knowledgeable in this field than I am, but I still wanna give my two cents since that's what I do. ::'