Wow a level 138! Discusion on what impresed you

ford_landau

The year is 2002, the place, Fallador mine. I am mining on king giovas (with one space) I am level 32 combat....

....boomboomboom, I see the other person mine the ore next to me! right clicking, it reads combat-103

Wow! I look at the sheer size of the number... one--hundered--and----threee! ZOMG................

.............The year is 2009, alot has now changed level 103 is not special at all these days, everyone is running around with godswords, skillcapes and other hard to obtain items.

I look at my little avatar.. seven years I been playing Runscape, and what makes me more accomplished than these players, nothing I conclude. There are blogs of players getting 138 combat in less than one year, what can I do to be that "level 103 from 2002" what can I do to stand out?

So in conclusion many of you have been playing for years, what are your thoughts? Does seeing a 138 with a party hat impress you? If not what does? When is the last time anyone has said to you something like "nice whip" or something along those lines?

:)happy runeventures!

*edit: omg just found out mod dylan is back--- new elf quests plox /dance

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the level 138 with the Phat and Godsword, lol. Seeing someone in like a Phat and 3a Melee, or something like an RC Cape will get a second glance from me. Quite a few people comment on my Phat/Skill Cape/Divine Spirit Shield/Pet Dragon or whatever.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

this guy was pretty awesome to see

fulldrag.png

So in conclusion many of you have been playing for years, what are your thoughts? Does seeing a 138 with a party hat impress you? If not what does? When is the last time anyone has said to you something like "nice whip" or something along those lines?

I'm not really impressed by high levels/wealth anymore because it's more common now/I've experienced it myself. The only thing that amazes me anymore are unique accounts - i.e that d.i.y guy.

and I don't really get complimented much because I don't spend my money on good gear lol

I still don't see *that* many lvl 138s running around! I guess the achievements that I'm more likely to notice in game and be impressed by are:

Mining Cape

Smithing Cape

Slayer Cape

RC Cape

Increasingly though I'm more impressed by player attributes than achievements, players who are helpful, polite and can string a meaningful sentence together are the ones that I respect.

Mordendravid.png

[hide=]

this guy was pretty awesome to see

fulldrag.png

I'm not really impressed by high levels/wealth anymore because it's more common now/I've experienced it myself. The only thing that amazes me anymore are unique accounts - i.e that d.i.y guy.

and I don't really get complimented much because I don't spend my money on good gear lol

[/hide]

Haha I love that screeny, that guy in the dragon summed up the "look" from 2005 of what a high leveled player looked like! behold his 30 mill dragon chainbody, legends cape and shiny new rune boots from the new slayer skill :D

Also I remember that desert boots were huge fashion back in the day!

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Nowadays it will be items like partyhats and spirit shields that catch my eye, along with certain capes like Construction, Runecrafting and Slayer. I remember full rune being massivle awe inspiring when I first started out, and dragon armour as well when I got members.

When you are low lvl, high levels impress you, and when you get higher lvl and wiser, they don't do anymore, that's how it goes.

Only somewhat. From 2002 to now, things have become more common, or easier to obtain to get, so they're no longer more impressive.

Go back two years ago, and having all the Barrows Sets was a pretty darn good thing, but even having two or three sets was also pretty impressive. But now they're fairly easy to obtain through buying or through actually doing the work. Thus they've lost their symbol of status.

Meanwhile things like phats are never going to lose their status, but things like Mining capes, RC capes, Slayer capes, Smithing capes...etc, will eventually lose their value once Jagex makes that skill easier to level, or there's a sudden reason to get a 94+ level in the skills.

A lot has impressed me and I was kind of spoiled as the first thing that impressed me was someone wearing a green phat, and I was like godly jealous. Until I got my own, then realized how worthless it was. Lol. But it's still impressive to see people with the Blue or white phats.

People who stop what they are doing for a chat impress me the most.

A lot of people nowadays are too interested in grinding levels or accumulating wealth and items (phats, 3a etc) to stop and have a chat. I am not really interested in how many hundreds of millions a person has, how many rare items they have accumulated (as an RSC player i've had them all at some point), or how many level 99s a person has. I think that items like party hats HAVE lost their status. They have reached a point where they are no longer feasable to obtain and those that do own them either stash in the bank or are merched back and forth to other merchants. It's a rare occasion now that I see someone wearing a partyhat other than at the GE or Edgeville, I find that sad.

I share a sense of respect for players with dragon pets and party hats but I am not impressed by them.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

What the player is like, how they act etc, pretty much what mercifull said impresses me, pixels or items I couldn't care less about players who are friendly and want to talk Impress me most and I don't delay adding them :P

A nice honest player who doesnt tend to need to show off for attention is harder to come by than pixels

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Nothing does. 8 years on and I don't even have a 99 or a Quest Cape. to be honest I wish all those players who DID get 138 in a year etc etc and brag about it (or anyone who's rich and brags about it), a miserable life because you sure made my Runescape life a crappy one, especially when the only drop I ever got that was worth something was a 180k D skirt. -.-

Popoto.~<3

Nothing does. 8 years on and I don't even have a 99 or a Quest Cape. to be honest I wish all those players who DID get 138 in a year etc etc and brag about it (or anyone who's rich and brags about it), a miserable life because you sure made my Runescape life a crappy one, especially when the only drop I ever got that was worth something was a 180k D skirt. -.-

Hahaha! fair enough, your post made me laugh +1

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

i have to say im proud of witnessing the rise of hunter slayer and construction. but back in those days...i was even impressed about my friend with full black (g) and a black beret. and i had no idea that whips even existed! the memories of that time are vague to me because i was 7 or 8 (now 14 since sunday september 6th :thumbsup:) but i do know that now adays its not about in what time you reached something or how you reached it. its about that you reached it. a lot of people will still tell you you're a n00b with a 99, but if i had a 99, id be damn proud of myself!

I still remember running into Varrock and thinking, "Man it'll take a long time for me to be as high level as a guard." :wall:

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

It's true, 138 cmb isn't all that impressive as the old-skool 126. I started playing in like '04, which puts me pretty far back compared to some of the people who started less that 3 years ago.

*cough* Olly *cough*.

However, at 114 combat, with my highest level of 86, and a fairly balanced set of skills, I am yet to own a godsword/dfs/anything worth in excess of 5m.

My total bank is about ~21m at todays prices, so 15m before the massive inflation.

God my life sucks.

2v8sgvs.png

Oh god, I nostalgia'd so hard.

Here's some more nostalgia then :)

[hide=My first sighting of a level-126]bluephat.png[/hide]

When I was a nub, about level 20 or so, I used to wander around World-2 carelessly. Back then, I'd never seen a level-110+ and then I came across this guy. This was around the end of 2006, sometime in December

I was like :shock:

and immediatly PrtScr'ed.

Now, I cba'ed. I'm level-112 and my brother is level-132. It's too common around her :cry:

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Combat level doesn't impress me. If anything, when I see someone with an Attack or Strength cape, I immediately thing as though it's just another player. People with HP, Def, Pray are OK; they put the extra effort in and didn't give a damn if "def is such a girly skill". Mostly, people with Summoning or Slayer capes are the most impressive.

People with 2000+ total levels are really impressive. They show a lot of ability to "survive" different types of game play. People WITHOUT 99s and still above 2000 are EXTREMELY impressive, as they can resist getting the level.

My Most Respected Capes:

Slayer

Summoning

RuneCrafting

Mining

Smithing

Farming ::'

My views reflect the fact that I'm going for untrimmed summoning, so I know how hard certain things are. Specially when you go the non-soul wars route, which is the best one <3:

I'm impressed by high levels/rich players but it's not a shock thing. I definitely use to be a lot more impressed when I first started playing the game. Right now I am just not that impressed because I feel like there are so many other players with the same accomplishments.

Phat_Eddie.png

Nothing really comes to mind, high rank in an unbuyable is pretty impressive to me until I remember it just took alot of time and not skill.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Sticking to the avatars I would have to say maxed out chars impress me. Blue and white phats are impressive but a set isnt as it just tends to lead to presuming other things unless I know otherwise. The rarest items catch my eye and its only really the runecrafting cape that makes me think wow anymore. Since I achieved or near enough achived the other harder capes I rather think wow I did it! about myself than someone else who has done the same thing.

Btw I get told 'nice this' or 'nice that' alot of the time. Mostly its the inferno adze or a rarer cape.

Godswords are pretty boring, dragon plate is pretty past its prime. Only the rarer shields really impress me at all and to be frank I dont like them because they are too' rare that anyone I see wearing them I have to conclude they are an idiot to use them. It dont matter if you maxed out cash that is still a hefty sum of money.

I am sorry to say the impressiveness of a maxed combat means nothing now as most of them are pretty obnoxious. That and they tend to be crap at training anything else and combat is one of the easier things rofl.

When I was a newb I came across some pretty high class people who had some impressive skills who I looked up to. Of those people who still play are pretty high on the leaderboard ranging from 500+ to even in the top 100. I do still look upto them as they are still pretty impressive. I guess people above 500+ are still pretty impressive to me. However nothing really beats the times when it was alot harder to train skills and they meant more than they do now. ALOT of people have achieved things like maxed combat now but only got 40-50 farming.

I am very impressed by the rarer chompy hats. Waaaaaaay more than the runecrafting cape. There are some other minigame clothing that are pretty impressive too.

I get impressed by things like new players achieving things. Especially those who I know and are just starting out. Not because I dont think they can, but its just sweet 'ahem' I mean cool. A great accomplishment. Its like you give someone a axe.. then suddenly they can cut yews or something. Thats pretty impressive.

The only other things I can think of is things like jagex releasing content with requirements above 70. That impresses me.

edit: Oh yeh! Things like records for certain things. Like for example how fast you can do a nat run or something. Although things that dont impress me is how fast you can get a new skill to 99.