RuneScape Content's Answers by Mod Fetzki 10-Sep-2009

Bauke

Gj117974 asks:

Are 99 Summoners (Such as myself) going to ever be able to talk to our monkies, dragons, pack yaks, tingers, etc?

Mod Mark: You might have noticed that you can understand creatures at 10 levels above the level you need to summon/rear it. When we add a way to raise your Summoning level above 99 (say, with a potion) then youll be able to speak to them. Of course, thats not whats stopping you talk to monkeys, which you can do right now, given the right equipment. You might even want to try that when youre in a different form... Its something we must do soon - pack yaks certainly do have a lot to say. Im in no rush to talk to the corporate monster that is the iron titan, though!

Anybody talked to their monkey in monkey form (whilst wearing summ cape to boost summ?)

Wutz teh effectz :o

oh and, since he lied about white dragons he also lies about sailing

AMG SAILINGS@#@#!@@#!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gj117974 asks:

Are 99 Summoners (Such as myself) going to ever be able to talk to our monkies, dragons, pack yaks, tingers, etc?

Mod Mark: You might have noticed that you can understand creatures at 10 levels above the level you need to summon/rear it. When we add a way to raise your Summoning level above 99 (say, with a potion) then youll be able to speak to them. Of course, thats not whats stopping you talk to monkeys, which you can do right now, given the right equipment. You might even want to try that when youre in a different form... Its something we must do soon - pack yaks certainly do have a lot to say. Im in no rush to talk to the corporate monster that is the iron titan, though!

Anybody talked to their monkey in monkey form (whilst wearing summ cape to boost summ?)

Wutz teh effectz :o

oh and, since he lied about white dragons he also lies about sailing

AMG SAILINGS@#@#!@@#!

Or Monkeyspeak amulet...

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

As for the Soul Altar: when we need more soul runes!

Hinting at a new soul based spellbook? Necromancy!

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I like how all the magic answers prove they are completely oblivious to how screwed up magic is against Monsters. It seems as if everything has to be based around how powerful ancient magics is, but they don't realize that bursting monsters for training costs tens of millions.

Jagex, add combat magic that doesn't require as much money, as it's the only combat that is useless in PvM.

Stellactic.gif

Taco 50 asks:

Are there plans to release another boss monster? The last ones were Tormented Demons sometime in November 2008. Also, will it be as easy as the GWD bosses, or a bit more challenging like Corporeal? 2009 is the year of upgrades. As one of your goals for this year, you wanted to take some of the less used content and breathe life into them. What I have in mind is the Chaos Elemental and Kalphite Queen. Are there plans to improve these bosses?

Mod Mark: I have some crazy ideas to do with a Kalphite King and Queen Black Dragon. ;) We do want to improve the drops on some of the older bosses, but its unlikely we would change how they behaved. Many players like the less challenging monsters, so we want to provide a mix. Certainly, most of my clan mates in-game find the God Wars bosses quite challenging!

OH MY GOD

If thats not a typo, il scream. :lol:

Taco 50 asks:

Are there plans to release another boss monster? The last ones were Tormented Demons sometime in November 2008. Also, will it be as easy as the GWD bosses, or a bit more challenging like Corporeal? 2009 is the year of upgrades. As one of your goals for this year, you wanted to take some of the less used content and breathe life into them. What I have in mind is the Chaos Elemental and Kalphite Queen. Are there plans to improve these bosses?

Mod Mark: I have some crazy ideas to do with a Kalphite King and Queen Black Dragon. ;) We do want to improve the drops on some of the older bosses, but its unlikely we would change how they behaved. Many players like the less challenging monsters, so we want to provide a mix. Certainly, most of my clan mates in-game find the God Wars bosses quite challenging!

OH MY GOD

If thats not a typo, il scream. :lol:

thatd be pretty awesome, but pretty much skrews up of the current KBD and KQ systemz :o

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Well that took a little over an hour to read, but the only thing I remember is something I told people all the time.

Competition in MMO games is part of the game. If you want to stop being defeated by bigger opponents - whether thats competing for magic logs, fighting duels or dominating training areas - get bigger or try somewhere else.

Best quote from the whole article in my opinion.

Nice to see they have some big plans for us for the end of the year, unfortunately the new skill won't come until 2010, which is actually a good thing so I won't be distracted from my current goal. ::'

Apparently, my signature was to big.

The big problem about the phrase "high-level" is that its subjective - it means different things to different people. For example, the recent Agility course update was generally accepted as a high-level update, but the players on the high-level forum really felt that it wasnt for them because it was lower than level 99.

#-o

One question that i think ALOT!! of people want to know... Is there ever going to be more than one grand exchange? Maybe like one over in the members part of the world? EX. Because right it is really inconvienent that if im in Tree Gnome Stronghold and I get enough money to get a Dragon Axe i need to run all the way to the Grand Exchange and run all the way back... trust me it is not fun.

l2spirit tree.

Lil Duck 99 asks:

Will Free To play Players get skillcapes? (Simple Question, Yes or No)

Mod Mark: No.

\'

MMM This Q/A is it abit of that old uninformative mixed with some fascinating truth. The first mod himself spoke very nice and gentleman like. God it was a long read..

Australiank asks:

Will there ever be Dragon Ore (or Dragonite)? Used to create Dragon bars, of course...

Mod Mark: Probably! Though the owners of such ore wouldnt be too happy about losing it, and we wouldnt like it much if they came looking for it...

..Does he really think that will happen.. :? Unless its some sort of serious restriction and nothing like mining runite like it is today.

Perhaps he was hinting or perhaps not at some quest storyline that might or might not exist one day. In that case. Cool. Like you might but not as a skill ability.

Mod Mark: That is unlikely. The big problem about the phrase "high-level" is that its subjective - it means different things to different people. For example, the recent Agility course update was generally accepted as a high-level update, but the players on the high-level forum really felt that it wasnt for them because it was lower than level 99. So, sometimes what we consider high-level is different from your definition. It can also differ from skill to skill - many players think that level 70 in Summoning is high-level, whereas level 70 in Woodcutting isnt. This is because Summoning is a new skill, and takes a fair amount of effort and money to train, whereas Woodcutting is quite an easy, non-engaging skill to train. We have avoided talking specifically about high-level content in the developers blogs simply because of this reason.

Thing is its 'just' 'barely' high end content. Its seriously good update an all! Its the right direction! Yeh its subjective but making excuses like that is lazy. Theres the option of making both 90ish content aswell as 96 and 99. Even in a single update. I mean taking agility as the example. They could of released the new agility armour like they did with (I forget exact numbers) -20 weight and then make level 96 agility with -40 or something. (Making random numbers up here.)

"It can also differ from skill to skill - many players think that level 70 in Summoning is high-level, whereas level 70 in Woodcutting isnt."

I dont see it as relevant. Just make both 70, 80, 90 and 99. Although ofcourse summoning already does that and is which makes it such a great skill! Oh and the rest that he says about summoning being more engaging etc is also irrelevant? Yes the player base decides that 70 runecraft is higher than 70 cooking but what that got to do with releasing content, just because one is easier to train than the other. The point is - The should be content every couple of levels or so. Doesnt matter how hard or not it is to reach them. Fill them out like.

Mod Mark: We are planning the next Grandmaster quest to have several level 80 requirements. I know to some people that is still low-level, but over the last year we have raised our top quest requirements significantly, and will continue to do so over the next year.

Not everyone has to complete every quest. Just chuck out some random high skill ones in there. Chuck out 80 farming, Chuck out 80 runecrafting. The people who cant do it dont 'have' to do it. There is plenty of content people can do besides them. Content wont be wasted as there are people who can do it and it gives people a reason to train. Otherwise make all content level 10.

However. Which I support more...

..At the very least.. Have it as an addition to a quest to have a high requirement to get an extra bonus. It isnt hard to give someone 100k herblore xp for already having level 92 herblore and doing an addition to a quest. Extra work for less people who can play it but it makes a quality game.

I just feel it be sweet if a 'grandmaster' quest was about the difficult rather than purely the stats needed. Since there are never any high requirements in any other quest its always grandmaster. Which are rare. ..And kinda always seem to be the easier to train skills and not considered high by most players anyway..

Anyway the whole Q/A was massive which is a great deal of effort answering. Alot of interesting things found out. Some of it was fluff that will never happen in the next 10 years if at all while other things were solid truth. A great q and a.

I'm ecstatic that they finally slammed the door on the proverbial Sailing coffin (or Davy Jones' locker :P )

lol.

Pretty long read but im liking alot of what was in it. in the middle they did have a lot to say about ballancing out the combat triangle which interested me, and also im really jonesing for that new higher level content even if i cant use/do it when its released. (and yes, i did just say jonesing)

edited cause i cant copy and paste #-o

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

This one made me giggle. :lol:

Treeman851 asks:

There are 3 possible skills coming out...

Music.

Animal Husbandry (Mounting, Riding, whatever you want to call it).

Necromancy.

Which one is it?

Mod Mark: Erm, what about the "Random Guessing" skill? I bet youd be great at that. :)

Carlos War 7 asks:

I was thinking about Zaros... Isnt Zaros the master of Zam'orak??? So then Zammy kill Zaros??? Or what is the story??

Mod Mark: Zaros was the original god who many considered to be evil, or at least embraced the darker side of things. Zamorak was a Mahjarrat and a servant of Zaros who, through some dodgy deals, managed to overthrow Zaros and become what most people now assume is an "evil" god. However, Zaros is not completely gone and still has strong followers...as I am sure you will find out.

:shock: ...

Lil Duck 99 asks:

Will Free To play Players get skillcapes? (Simple Question, Yes or No)

Mod Mark: No.

Looks like it isnt coming.

Pk Rainga asks:

Will we ever see a rick astley NPC that perfoms in the pubs,

we could have the lyrics to his songs above his head,

u gotta admit, that would be brilliant?

he could wear that coat from never gonna give you up,

and do that crazy dance he does

Mod Mark:

Thats an idea Im never going to give up.

Im never going to let it down.

Im never going to turn around and desert it (in the dessert).

Glad to see you remember him in all his pre-Rickrolled glory. :)

:lol:

Q) We heard quite a lot in mod mmgs q&a about RuneScape classic. Could you tell us a bit more about this? Will we still use same logins? Will the old RuneScape classic still be up? Will it affect any other games or versions of runescape?

A) Yay!!!! Wooooo! Classic! (Ah, sorry, I am a bit of a classic fan you see). There will be a news announcement and a blog about classic in the next few days.

YAY CLASSIC too, Marks a nice guy although he has to avoid his own cc now because of trolls.

A blog in the next few days *Refresh*!!!!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Quote from Live Q&A

Q: Rap Forever asks: Hi, i have a question which has been bugging me for a while now, will there be any two-player quests in the future?

A: Yes, we are going to try to do more 2 player quests in the future, just not in the same format as Hero's Quest or Shield of Arrav.

NOOOOOO! Those quests drove me up the wall. Took me a week to find a partner on the RSOF. (This was back before I was a tif member)

Also this made me lol.

Domcrad asked:

You have mentioned quite a few updates coming

up in the future such as for slayer, high content,

and of course the new skill.

Is there any content you have not had the opportunity to mention yet that you would like to share now?

Yes, I always want to share more but I really want to avoid that we create a situation where everyone looks and says "is the fishing update there yet?" so I won't mention that there might be a fishing update around the corner...

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

3. The current PVP system rewards people exploiting the system (76kers) much more than legitimate players. Are you concerned about this, and if so, what are your plans to fix it?

Mod Fetzki:

We are on it - sorry that it took so long. More details when we launch it in coming weeks or months.

Well it's nice they're addressing current issues and answering questions not... "regardind new skill how i becum pmod wen is mekskape comin"

Where did you guys get the idea that new prayers are coming this month? :?:

It was in a Q&A scheduled month for prayer updates is september, was a previous Q&A can't remember which one ;)

Adogg24 asks:

One question that i think ALOT!! of people want to know... Is there ever going to be more than one grand exchange? Maybe like one over in the members part of the world? EX. Because right it is really inconvienent that if im in Tree Gnome Stronghold and I get enough money to get a Dragon Axe i need to run all the way to the Grand Exchange and run all the way back... trust me it is not fun.

lol guess he doesn't know there's a spirit tree right next to the GE. . .

77yLQy8.png

1. Will the next Mahjarrat quest be released this year? Tell us anything about it? What difficulty level will it be? What will be the plot?

1. Yes. Difficulty levels follow on from the previous installment, plus a bit more. The next follow on quest after the part being released this year WILL be a grandmaster quest.

so after all they DO gonna release a grandmaster this year?! :shock:

the awsome grandmaster quest involving at least zemouragel&arrav, and most chances lucien and even the dragons mysteries creators?!

P.S. best q&a EVER

want_a_box.png