The Current Poll and the pking IS rs Myth

Sy_Accursed

maybe skillers participate in things like polls more than pkers.
Without a doubt. Community-oriented people in Runescape usually turn up to be skillers as opposed to PKers.

Even if this is not the case, PKing is to be considered one of Runescape's top classes or ranks alongside skilling and PvM. For this reason it is easy to say that Runescape, as it is today, would not exist without PKing. Thus it is not a myth-it never was-but perhaps a matter of perspective.

As you see throughout history, largely in real life though you could use several online examples, minorities tend to hold the largest influence. Based on this fact alone it's easy to refute your statement. While I agree with many of your posts, Paw_Claw, I disagree with your concluding statement.

I never said pking wasn't a important part of rs for some people.

The myth I'm refering to was the one often perpetuated by pkers that rs could not exist without pking and that pking was far more important than anything else in-game; regardless of what type of player you are. I'd say the fact polls like these show pking as a clear minority compared to you're "average joe" skill/combat/quest player and equally the fact we had a year without pking completely and utterly support the fact that pking is not and never was the core of rs and that rs couldn't not exist without it. If you're an outright pker yes to YOU pking is the core and rs may not be worth it without pking, but that is a wholely different claim to the idea that runescape is nothing at all without pking.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe skillers participate in things like polls more than pkers.
Without a doubt. Community-oriented people in Runescape usually turn up to be skillers as opposed to PKers.

Even if this is not the case, PKing is to be considered one of Runescape's top classes or ranks alongside skilling and PvM. For this reason it is easy to say that Runescape, as it is today, would not exist without PKing. Thus it is not a myth-it never was-but perhaps a matter of perspective.

As you see throughout history, largely in real life though you could use several online examples, minorities tend to hold the largest influence. Based on this fact alone it's easy to refute your statement. While I agree with many of your posts, Paw_Claw, I disagree with your concluding statement.

The myth I'm refering to was the one often perpetuated by pkers that rs could not exist without pking and that pking was far more important than anything else in-game; regardless of what type of player you are. I'd say the fact polls like these show pking as a clear minority compared to you're "average joe" skill/combat/quest player and equally the fact we had a year without pking completely and utterly support the fact that pking is not and never was the core of rs and that rs couldn't not exist without it. If you're an outright pker yes to YOU pking is the core and rs may not be worth it without pking, but that is a wholely different claim to the idea that runescape is nothing at all without pking.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The myth I'm refering to was the one often perpetuated by pkers that rs could not exist without pking and that pking was far more important than anything else in-game; regardless of what type of player you are.

Which was your concluding statement. I'm not a PKer and the things I take part in may very well not exist without it. It's perfectly logical to say that Runescape is "nothing" without PKing because many changes would have to be put into action in order to keep balance.

I'd say the fact polls like these show pking as a clear minority compared to you're "average joe" skill/combat/quest player and equally the fact we had a year without pking completely and utterly support the fact that pking is not and never was the core of rs and that rs couldn't not exist without it.
Saying that the poll shows a minority is a rather weak argument (which I say without trying to be rude or condescending). As I said, many minorities throughout history (and in Runescape, as shown by higher levels, et cetera) tend to hold the most influence and power. It is very likely that those 4% of players hold a larger share of wealth than 4%.

If you're an outright pker yes to YOU pking is the core and rs may not be worth it without pking, but that is a wholely different claim to the idea that runescape is nothing at all without pking.
Oh course it's ridiculous to say that Runescape is nothing without player killing but that is not the sentiment of the statement.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

The myth I'm refering to was the one often perpetuated by pkers that rs could not exist without pking and that pking was far more important than anything else in-game; regardless of what type of player you are.

Which was your concluding statement. I'm not a PKer and the things I take part in may very well not exist without it. It's perfectly logical to say that Runescape is "nothing" without PKing because many changes would have to be put into action in order to keep balance.

I'd say the fact polls like these show pking as a clear minority compared to you're "average joe" skill/combat/quest player and equally the fact we had a year without pking completely and utterly support the fact that pking is not and never was the core of rs and that rs couldn't not exist without it.
Saying that the poll shows a minority is a rather weak argument (which I say without trying to be rude or condescending). As I said, many minorities throughout history (and in Runescape, as shown by higher levels, et cetera) tend to hold the most influence and power. It is very likely that those 4% of players hold a larger share of wealth than 4%.

If you're an outright pker yes to YOU pking is the core and rs may not be worth it without pking, but that is a wholely different claim to the idea that runescape is nothing at all without pking.
Oh course it's ridiculous to say that Runescape is nothing without player killing but that is not the sentiment of the statement.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

The RS polls are useless. The only people who bother to vote are the people who do things such as raise all their skills, appreciate the content, etc...

All the 13 yr old PKers who make up a ton of the population do not waste their time doing anything but PKing, which means they also don't vote.

Similar to the US election. John McCain could have won if most of his supporters would have actually voted. Conversely, sissy Democrats/Liberals are hugely supportive of the voting process etc...and thus Obama wins.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

The RS polls are useless. The only people who bother to vote are the people who do things such as raise all their skills, appreciate the content, etc...

All the 13 yr old PKers who make up a ton of the population do not waste their time doing anything but PKing, which means they also don't vote.

Similar to the US election. John McCain could have won if most of his supporters would have actually voted. Conversely, sissy Democrats/Liberals are hugely supportive of the voting process etc...and thus Obama wins.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I know they will never do this (because jagaxs balls shrivel at the idea of ANYTHING between accounts), they need to implement a way to transfer stuff between two accounts of the same person. That way people can fund a PVP/Pure account. Its to hard to get the cash to pvp these days from what i hear.

Without pvp where do you think all the sharks and potions will go.

Also they could totally mitigate the loss of pvp players by coming up with a good way to take stuff out of the game. I have some great ideas from other games i just know jagax would never implement them.

Fools_Taco.png

I know they will never do this (because jagaxs balls shrivel at the idea of ANYTHING between accounts), they need to implement a way to transfer stuff between two accounts of the same person. That way people can fund a PVP/Pure account. Its to hard to get the cash to pvp these days from what i hear.

Also they could totally mitigate the loss of pvp players by coming up with a good way to take stuff out of the game. I have some great ideas from other games i just know jagax would never implement them.

Fools_Taco.png

that's why they implemented flesh crawlers :roll: I made 9 million on my pure just from training 54-70 att and 50-70 str.

pandapk2.jpg

In RuneScape there is direct PKing and indirect PKing.

Indirect PKing is anything non-PVP: gathering items that are sold to PKers. Skills like Agility help in gathering the PKing stuff by increasing run energy restore rate and letting you use shortcuts.

Examples:

You fish and cook food and sell it to a PKer.

You fish and cook food and sell it to a God Wars boss killer, who sells the hilt drop to a PKer.

You fish and cook food and sell it to a slayer, who sells the whip he gets to a God Wars boss killer, who sells the hilt drop to a PKer.

Everything non-PVP you do goes ultimately for PVP purposes. There is a lot of non-PVP tasks to do, so the actual PKers look like the minority.

before removal of old wildy i would vote pking, it was all i did and i was hardcore pure

its removed now i fked up my pure and now i voted skilling, new pk suxors

not only caus of new rules but stuff like claws, Dbow and more are just pewpew hope for max hit after someone had a duel and run with the lewts -.- back in RSC u needed skill, early RS2 u needed skill, now u need claws and go pewpew, not saying there arent real pkers anymore, but there are just to many lamers around, old pk was always nice.

fatteh_pumba.png

35d6crk.jpg