Summoning. . . Now what?

Cptbaker08

First off: Idk if this should be in here or Suggestions. I hope to get this talking about new updates to summoning. I am not giving any ideas as i have none really.

Now to the meat of the matter.

With the release of summoning some saw it as a great skill, others saw it as a hindrance to certain activities. One most noticed if PK'ing. With the release of the second batch of familiars people saw that summoning had great use in a variety of skills. And then they changed the way it affects PK'ing so even pures could get summoning up and it not affect them.

Well i was thinking. Most skills get updated later on in the years. New tools for other skills, new monsters, and gear for slayer. New materials for some skilling. And new weapons/gear for general fighting.

But with summoning you get a nice choice of creatures in the 90s. You get a Yak that can bank items for you from wherever you may be. A Titan that is the King of them all and is pretty damn strong. Even some lesser creatures that help with skilling such as fishing, hunter, hell even some that help you train summoning.

There isn't much you can add here and there to improve it really. Not much of a hard still to train, aside from gathering the charms and making the money but that's something else.

What I guess I'm getting to is, do yall think there is any way that Jagex could update the summoning skill any farther then it is? Don't get me wrong though, other skills are in needs of updates before this. But what about years from now when we have more skills? Newer ways to train, newer ways to do certain activities. Hell maybe even an underwater GWD area :? .

And if there is something else like this then please direct me to the thread so i may read it. Or if in the wrong section feel free to move it.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

First off: Idk if this should be in here or Suggestions. I hope to get this talking about new updates to summoning. I am not giving any ideas as i have none really.

Now to the meat of the matter.

With the release of summoning some saw it as a great skill, others saw it as a hindrance to certain activities. One most noticed if PK'ing. With the release of the second batch of familiars people saw that summoning had great use in a variety of skills. And then they changed the way it affects PK'ing so even pures could get summoning up and it not affect them.

Well i was thinking. Most skills get updated later on in the years. New tools for other skills, new monsters, and gear for slayer. New materials for some skilling. And new weapons/gear for general fighting.

But with summoning you get a nice choice of creatures in the 90s. You get a Yak that can bank items for you from wherever you may be. A Titan that is the King of them all and is pretty damn strong. Even some lesser creatures that help with skilling such as fishing, hunter, hell even some that help you train summoning.

There isn't much you can add here and there to improve it really. Not much of a hard still to train, aside from gathering the charms and making the money but that's something else.

What I guess I'm getting to is, do yall think there is any way that Jagex could update the summoning skill any farther then it is? Don't get me wrong though, other skills are in needs of updates before this. But what about years from now when we have more skills? Newer ways to train, newer ways to do certain activities. Hell maybe even an underwater GWD area :? .

And if there is something else like this then please direct me to the thread so i may read it. Or if in the wrong section feel free to move it.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Future skills would need a summon, Jagex are talking about new weapons that deal "other" types of damage, summons to match?..

Summons that take away a percentage of the damage you receive, the list goes on.

Summoning is a great skill, and with new skills being added to the game they too would need there own summoning creatures :)

Just my first thoughts on the matter ;)

Future skills would need a summon, Jagex are talking about new weapons that deal "other" types of damage, summons to match?..

Summons that take away a percentage of the damage you receive, the list goes on.

Summoning is a great skill, and with new skills being added to the game they too would need there own summoning creatures :)

Just my first thoughts on the matter ;)

Maybe make it where they could attack in a single way combat situation. But I don't know if that would imbalance the triangle any worse than it already is, maybe they can work that out when they update the combat triangle.

Low_C.png

Maybe make it where they could attack in a single way combat situation. But I don't know if that would imbalance the triangle any worse than it already is, maybe they can work that out when they update the combat triangle.

Low_C.png

They have said they would like to enable single combat areas in which combat familiars could attack, but the coding would be hard. I want to see this honestly.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

They have said they would like to enable single combat areas in which combat familiars could attack, but the coding would be hard. I want to see this honestly.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'd like to see more familiars and maybe summoning boosting gear that would increase follower time or your familiars max hit, special move regeneration, ect.

As of right now though I'm satisfied with the skill, it's well thought out

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

I'd like to see more familiars and maybe summoning boosting gear that would increase follower time or your familiars max hit, special move regeneration, ect.

As of right now though I'm satisfied with the skill, it's well thought out

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

The Abyssal familiars need to be re-worked. Move the Parasite down a few levels and let it hold 5 essence, the Lurker can stay at 7, and the Titan should be elevated to 9 with an extended timer (40 minutes plus). If I took the time to train Summoning that high to an Abyssal Titan, then I should be worthy of those kind of benefits, no matter the Runecrafting level.

More familiars would be nice, a high level Gold Charm familiar (80+) that doesn't have an insanely expensive secondary ingredient would be nice. I don't like having 5k Gold charms in my bank just sitting there because there's nothing worth making for the time, XP, and cost. I don't expect jiggabils of xp/hr for a Gold charm, but as long as I'm using them and not losing out on insane amounts of money, I'd be fine with it.

The Abyssal familiars need to be re-worked. Move the Parasite down a few levels and let it hold 5 essence, the Lurker can stay at 7, and the Titan should be elevated to 9 with an extended timer (40 minutes plus). If I took the time to train Summoning that high to an Abyssal Titan, then I should be worthy of those kind of benefits, no matter the Runecrafting level.

More familiars would be nice, a high level Gold Charm familiar (80+) that doesn't have an insanely expensive secondary ingredient would be nice. I don't like having 5k Gold charms in my bank just sitting there because there's nothing worth making for the time, XP, and cost. I don't expect jiggabils of xp/hr for a Gold charm, but as long as I'm using them and not losing out on insane amounts of money, I'd be fine with it.

I'd like to see familiars for skills that are lacking in them. Mining in particular comes to mind- the only familiar for it is complete and utterly useful as well as only requiring an eighteen or so level to get it.

Additionally, we desperately need non-combat ways to garner charms. Sure, we have thieving Dorgesh-kahn chests, but those are slow and require a large number of quests first. There's so much potential for good, steady ways for skillers to get charms. Unearthing them while mining ore, finding them embedded in trees, in bird's nests, found in the belly of fishes as well as in caskets, collected from hunter prey, found in the soil while harvesting crops, and that's just off the top of my head...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?